Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Practice slow-speed riding.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need help in choosing first big bike (above 600 cc)

  1. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New delhi
    Posts
    11
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need help in choosing first big bike (above 600 cc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
    The Suzuki has the best tech on the bike compared to the 3 with traction control, low rpm assist and a few more things, and yes weight is a problem but it will be cheaper than the Z for sure and on par if not cheaper than Honda being a naked CKD unit.
    And what about the spares and services of suzuki.. is it cheap as honda?

  2. #12
    Rusted Deathwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    1,467
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need help in choosing first big bike (above 600 cc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul11382 View Post
    And what about the spares and services of suzuki.. is it cheap as honda?
    It is CKD soo my assumption that it surely must be cheaper, not sure, I could be wrong.

  3. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Noida
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need help in choosing first big bike (above 600 cc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
    It is CKD soo my assumption that it surely must be cheaper, not sure, I could be wrong.
    No idea on spares, but service cost is way higher for Suzuki. Not only is it every 4 months, the cost quoted to me by the sales guy was 6-7k per service. The Honda is much cheaper per year to own. First service being 2923, then probably zero for the second one in 6months, and the 3rd one being around 3-4K max as per the Honda sales rep. From what i've gathered, Honda spares are also not very expensive.

  4. #14
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    bangalore
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need help in choosing first big bike (above 600 cc)

    Quote Originally Posted by taran1981 View Post
    No idea on spares, but service cost is way higher for Suzuki. Not only is it every 4 months, the cost quoted to me by the sales guy was 6-7k per service. The Honda is much cheaper per year to own. First service being 2923, then probably zero for the second one in 6months, and the 3rd one being around 3-4K max as per the Honda sales rep. From what i've gathered, Honda spares are also not very expensive.
    Nice discussion, interested to join you guys. Again I only own a Cbr 250 for now and would like to upgrade. I believe Kawasaki z900 only need to consider if you need that much raw power, otherwise you are going to have expensive maintenance cost. I used to read all these bikes ownership reviews. If you are a matured driver who will do a relaxed driving and like to keep the bike for some years, Honda or triumph is the best choice. Suzuki will b great with engineering but service outlets are less and service costs are going to be high, when inazuma was around I checked the parts price.
    Honda CBR 2017 version is great. That engine is not butter smooth like other inline 4 but it's a progressive engine. After 1-2 services, engine had alot of improvement on earlier model.
    So when we invest on bike, than our interest we should keep an eye on the practical side and service cost. Just check olx, you will see alot benelli, Harley bikes with less km in odo. So for me triumph bournville series or Cbr 650 any time.

  5. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Noida
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Need help in choosing first big bike (above 600 cc)

    Quote Originally Posted by yathi View Post
    Nice discussion, interested to join you guys. Again I only own a Cbr 250 for now and would like to upgrade. I believe Kawasaki z900 only need to consider if you need that much raw power, otherwise you are going to have expensive maintenance cost. I used to read all these bikes ownership reviews. If you are a matured driver who will do a relaxed driving and like to keep the bike for some years, Honda or triumph is the best choice. Suzuki will b great with engineering but service outlets are less and service costs are going to be high, when inazuma was around I checked the parts price.
    Honda CBR 2017 version is great. That engine is not butter smooth like other inline 4 but it's a progressive engine. After 1-2 services, engine had alot of improvement on earlier model.
    So when we invest on bike, than our interest we should keep an eye on the practical side and service cost. Just check olx, you will see alot benelli, Harley bikes with less km in odo. So for me triumph bournville series or Cbr 650 any time.
    Ya, the Honda was fine but I'm more keen on a naked, hence the delay in decision. I love the Suzuki but not sure due to spares and servicing. Not into cruisers in general so haven't considered the Triumph classics and Street twin, yet. One alternate is to pick up the z650, as it is reasonably priced and then sell it off after a couple of years and buy a second hand triple 765 or any new offering then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Choosing right bike for me!!!
    By Pdambe90 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-26-2017, 11:21 AM
  2. Help me in choosing a bike
    By Kiran Iyengar in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 10:31 AM
  3. Help choosing a bike
    By rakshitsood in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2013, 02:50 PM
  4. Help me choosing new bike...
    By pratham.phadnis in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 04:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •