Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Check engine oil level before every ride.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Confused! Help me choose One!

  1. #1
    Rookie Motorcycler_kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kerala
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Confused! Help me choose One!

    "Confused" yeah thats really me now. I currently own a Yamaha FZ V1 2016, i used it for 2 years and clocked over 30k on the odo. It gaved me a lot of experiences that none could give.

    The Problem:

    Using an FZ is never a heartbreaking thing for me but now a days i have been riding a lot other bikes like The Mighty 390 brothers, CBR etc. Then came up the idea of buying a new one just for the power hunger inside me. So I'm planing to buy one (New/Used) Under 2 Lakh, I'm so confused. I had the Appche RR310S in my mind for its Sexy looks and the BMW engineering. But i heard somewhere that it had whopping service and spare costs. So right now I'm confused!

    I do travel very frequent. I'm keeping the FZ. Suggest me a new one above 200CC (Used/New). I can wait for a few months if anything new is coming. Cheers!

    NB: Please don't suggest me RE.

  2. #2
    Moderator The Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gurgaon/ Kanpur
    Posts
    10,079
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Confused! Help me choose One!

    Query Approved
    Biking is not about what you have between your legs, its all about how well you use it!!!!!!!

    Give your details here if you want to help your fellow xBhpian stranded in your city

    Touring Blog: Cycling in Mongolia!

  3. #3
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Confused! Help me choose One!

    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycler_kid View Post
    "Confused" yeah thats really me now. I currently own a Yamaha FZ V1 2016, i used it for 2 years and clocked over 30k on the odo. It gaved me a lot of experiences that none could give.

    The Problem:

    Using an FZ is never a heartbreaking thing for me but now a days i have been riding a lot other bikes like The Mighty 390 brothers, CBR etc. Then came up the idea of buying a new one just for the power hunger inside me. So I'm planing to buy one (New/Used) Under 2 Lakh, I'm so confused. I had the Appche RR310S in my mind for its Sexy looks and the BMW engineering. But i heard somewhere that it had whopping service and spare costs. So right now I'm confused!

    I do travel very frequent. I'm keeping the FZ. Suggest me a new one above 200CC (Used/New). I can wait for a few months if anything new is coming. Cheers!

    NB: Please don't suggest me RE.
    I think cbr 250r will suit your needs

  4. #4
    Rookie Motorcycler_kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kerala
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Confused! Help me choose One!

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    I think cbr 250r will suit your needs
    Is it a bit outdated?!
    And the ABS model have comparatively high on maintanace because of the Nissin brake pads. I think now the Non-ABS model discontinued as the 2018 BSIV update.

    But the bike is still worthy of every penny. I had ridden it and none can give that comfort and confidence.

    Any others?

  5. #5
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Confused! Help me choose One!

    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycler_kid View Post
    Is it a bit outdated?!
    And the ABS model have comparatively high on maintanace because of the Nissin brake pads. I think now the Non-ABS model discontinued as the 2018 BSIV update.

    But the bike is still worthy of every penny. I had ridden it and none can give that comfort and confidence.

    Any others?
    Non abs 2018 version is available, see YouTube videos, you can get a brand new cbr @1.76- 1.8 lakhs onroad
    Motorcycler_kid likes this.

  6. #6
    Rusted krishna77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dum Dum, Kolkata
    Posts
    5,079
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Confused! Help me choose One!

    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycler_kid View Post
    Is it a bit outdated?!
    And the ABS model have comparatively high on maintanace because of the Nissin brake pads. I think now the Non-ABS model discontinued as the 2018 BSIV update.

    But the bike is still worthy of every penny. I had ridden it and none can give that comfort and confidence.

    Any others?
    You can get a used Mojo within 1.5 lacs. CBR 250 and Mojo should be your choices for an used bike. Otherwise, FZ25(again, familiar territory) or Dominor are good choices for a new bike. An used R3/Ninja300 is likey to cost you around 2.5 lacs.

  7. #7
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Confused! Help me choose One!

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    Non abs 2018 version is available, see YouTube videos, you can get a brand new cbr @1.76- 1.8 lakhs onroad
    U can check the mojo ut 300
    Motorcycler_kid likes this.

  8. #8
    Rookie hamadryad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Bihar
    Posts
    40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Confused! Help me choose One!

    I'd not buy a used bike in that price range simply because I don't know how badly the bike has been treated, besides buying a brand new shiny bike straight from the showroom is a different experience in itself.
    Coming to your options, I'd suggest you to for Mojo, Dominar or the Duke 250.
    These are three very capable bikes which cater to totally different needs.
    The Duke is a straight up hooligan, it will give you the rush that none of these two can offer.
    Mojo is a true blue cruiser, with that huge fuel tank and comfortable ergonomics but a little low on outright power.
    The Dominar sits bang in the middle bringing you the best of both worlds, it's powerful and it looks way better than Mojo in my personal opinion. It wil be more comfortable than the duke, more fun to drive than the Mojo and those headlamps are just amazing.
    Hope this helps.

  9. #9
    Rusted Deathwing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    1,329
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Confused! Help me choose One!

    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycler_kid View Post
    Is it a bit outdated?!
    And the ABS model have comparatively high on maintanace because of the Nissin brake pads. I think now the Non-ABS model discontinued as the 2018 BSIV update.

    But the bike is still worthy of every penny. I had ridden it and none can give that comfort and confidence.

    Any others?
    Outdated a bit yes, but it's got one of the best abs and engine cooling systems and the bike is hella reliable, dominar is pure vfm, you get a great package at the price points barring a few small niggles, the mojo is more tourer centric with the good torque and large tank capacity makes it a good tourer but the availability of spares and service network is scarce soo would be an issue, the fz25 is again another reliable Japanese bike but could feel a bit short on the highways missing the 6th gear n liquid cooling, but Duke 250 is wedged between the 200 and 390, I'm not too sure about this bike, personally if I had a choice, I would put in a bit more more money and get a 390, coming to the more expensive japs , I would avoid Kawasaki at all costs and go in for a r3 any day due to the availability of spares and cost and service cost and its again another fantastic bike with the new bike with abs and metz makes it a good proposition.

  10. #10
    Rookie Motorcycler_kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Kerala
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Confused! Help me choose One!

    Quote Originally Posted by hamadryad View Post
    I'd not buy a used bike in that price range simply because I don't know how badly the bike has been treated, besides buying a brand new shiny bike straight from the showroom is a different experience in itself.
    Coming to your options, I'd suggest you to for Mojo, Dominar or the Duke 250.
    These are three very capable bikes which cater to totally different needs.
    The Duke is a straight up hooligan, it will give you the rush that none of these two can offer.
    Mojo is a true blue cruiser, with that huge fuel tank and comfortable ergonomics but a little low on outright power.
    The Dominar sits bang in the middle bringing you the best of both worlds, it's powerful and it looks way better than Mojo in my personal opinion. It wil be more comfortable than the duke, more fun to drive than the Mojo and those headlamps are just amazing.
    Hope this helps.
    About the Mojo & Dominor :
    I think both are cruisers and I'm not interested in these kind of bikes. I do accept that these bikes are good for traveling long distance. But i kind like the other sports-tourer like the CBR 250R.

    Duke 250 :
    Infact it is a good performer than its rivals. But the lack of abs for a bike which is above 200cc and costs 2L is a draw back. And the brakes are directly from the D200. Otherwise it is a good choice i think.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-31-2017, 05:05 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-21-2015, 08:31 PM
  3. Confused...whihc bike to choose...plz help
    By hritikbhimani in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 05:21 PM
  4. Which one to choose??
    By lone.rider in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 04:52 PM
  5. confused to choose R15 or not...pls suggest
    By anshuman biswal in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 03:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •