Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Check the helmet from inside.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

  1. #1
    Rusted prakash_mvpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Muvattupuzha ,Kerala
    Posts
    616
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

    Hi,

    I'm looking to change my present ride, which served well for almost 10 years now - Apache RTR 180. Vibrations, seating position are the drawbacks of this model. Also, lack of service and parts.
    I'm almost 40 now. I don't prefer a vibrating rider now.
    I don't prefer Royal Enfied motorcycles or Suzuki Intruder.
    My budget for a new bike is around 1lakh.

    Now I want a bike with a relaxed riding position, some power for city rides (180-200cc) as well as reliability. Also, no aggressive styling which better suites the youngsters (Pulsars, FZ's etc). Karizma would've been my choice if it was a decade ago. Now, nobody seems to be buying Karizma.

    I don't really liked Yamaha Fz's and Royal Enfields now, for my purpose. Currently, I am looking at Bajaj Avenger 220 Street model. It looks not so aggressive, yet seems to pack some power and riding position, I haven't tried the bike yet! But, Avenger 220's are plenty in the used market with low prices. Why is this so? Are these bike's life over after 30000kms or so? You can get a 220 street for 40-45K if you're lucky. But, I wonder whether it's worth the risk buying a used Bajaj bike?
    Avenger looks like a small bike or is it good enough for medium tall people? 5feet9in.

    So, Karizma is not even visible anymore. Avenger too, is less in numbers. Are there any other models fitting my need from Honda, Hero etc.
    Is there any other choices available?

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    865
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

    Thread approved.

  3. #3
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    1,506
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

    Quote Originally Posted by prakash_mvpa View Post
    Hi,

    I'm looking to change my present ride, which served well for almost 10 years now - Apache RTR 180. Vibrations, seating position are the drawbacks of this model. Also, lack of service and parts.
    I'm almost 40 now. I don't prefer a vibrating rider now.
    I don't prefer Royal Enfied motorcycles or Suzuki Intruder.
    My budget for a new bike is around 1lakh.

    Now I want a bike with a relaxed riding position, some power for city rides (180-200cc) as well as reliability. Also, no aggressive styling which better suites the youngsters (Pulsars, FZ's etc). Karizma would've been my choice if it was a decade ago. Now, nobody seems to be buying Karizma.

    I don't really liked Yamaha Fz's and Royal Enfields now, for my purpose. Currently, I am looking at Bajaj Avenger 220 Street model. It looks not so aggressive, yet seems to pack some power and riding position, I haven't tried the bike yet! But, Avenger 220's are plenty in the used market with low prices. Why is this so? Are these bike's life over after 30000kms or so? You can get a 220 street for 40-45K if you're lucky. But, I wonder whether it's worth the risk buying a used Bajaj bike?
    Avenger looks like a small bike or is it good enough for medium tall people? 5feet9in.

    So, Karizma is not even visible anymore. Avenger too, is less in numbers. Are there any other models fitting my need from Honda, Hero etc.
    Is there any other choices available?
    Yes, try xtreme 200r, relatively smooth engine with upright riding posture, safety of abs and low maintenance cost.
    prakash_mvpa and umang10 like this.

  4. #4
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Delhi NCR
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

    - Xtreme 200R
    - Avenger 220
    - Apache 160 4v
    - FZ25
    - Honda Hornet
    - Pulsar 220

    You cant go wrong with these workhorses. No frills, no nonsense, just true blue bikes. But you wont get the cruiser stance with anything besides the Avenger if that's what you want.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    Yes, try xtreme 200r, relatively smooth engine with upright riding posture, safety of abs and low maintenance cost.
    Suprised to see that you have finally succumbed to the xtreme's charms brother . I remember you and me both liberally maligning it in the launch thread.
    prakash_mvpa and #bpk like this.

  5. #5
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    1,506
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

    Quote Originally Posted by aamaadmi View Post
    - Xtreme 200R
    - Avenger 220
    - Apache 160 4v
    - FZ25
    - Honda Hornet
    - Pulsar 220

    You cant go wrong with these workhorses. No frills, no nonsense, just true blue bikes. But you wont get the cruiser stance with anything besides the Avenger if that's what you want.

    ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



    Suprised to see that you have finally succumbed to the xtreme's charms brother . I remember you and me both liberally maligning it in the launch thread.
    Yeah, actually it's good for medium usage . It has a pull that's missing in premium 160cc bikes .
    aamaadmi likes this.

  6. #6
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Delhi NCR
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    Yeah, actually it's good for medium usage . It has a pull that's missing in premium 160cc bikes .
    Right you are. Everything has a use case that fits it right. As a ride, the xtreme 200R isn't too bad. Just not very exciting I think. But hey, indian traffic causes plenty of excitement even without the bike adding to it
    #bpk likes this.

  7. #7
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    1,506
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

    Quote Originally Posted by aamaadmi View Post
    Right you are. Everything has a use case that fits it right. As a ride, the xtreme 200R isn't too bad. Just not very exciting I think. But hey, indian traffic causes plenty of excitement even without the bike adding to it
    what's your good name buddy. I know you're not mangoman

  8. #8
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Delhi NCR
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    what's your good name buddy. I know you're not mangoman
    Pranav at your service sir! And alas I am as mango as a man can be . And yourself?

  9. #9
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    1,506
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

    Quote Originally Posted by aamaadmi View Post
    Pranav at your service sir! And alas I am as mango as a man can be . And yourself?
    I am Bhaskar, nice to meet you sir.

  10. #10
    Rusted Zapps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Ludhiana, Punjab
    Posts
    727
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A 150-220cc bike for city ride and occasional short trips - tight budget

    Bajaj Avenger is a good bike, comfy and powerful. Otherwise, you have V15, which has good low end but looses it steam past 80 kmph. It's a fresh design with neo retro looks though.
    #bpk likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2016, 01:55 PM
  2. Leisure Bike for short weekend trips
    By yashasvi08 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 08:16 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-28-2016, 06:38 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-09-2016, 12:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •