Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By venkydebbin
  • 2 Post By Neo77k
  • 2 Post By nitinraina07
  • 1 Post By Zapps

Thread: Is it good to buy NS200 in 2019?

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Is it good to buy NS200 in 2019?

    I am 25 years old. Doing my 1st job and salary is kind of low for maintenance for 200cc but I can manage if bike has longer service intervals. I spent 4 years with my scooty and brother's Splendor. Now I want bigger bike as 2nd bike.

    These are my requisites:

    1.Decent looking

    2.Premium quality

    3.Decent mileage(30 to 40)

    4.Little comfort and I have scooty so I don't think i need pillion comfort.

    5.I don't ride fast in city so I don't need pick up. But on the highways I need power.

    6.Not too upright & not to lean forward riding position

    7.Smooth riding with low exhaust sound.i want to enjoy riding pleasure not the sound.

    8.I want to keep it for min 5 years.

    9.My budget is 1.4 lac

    I want to buy NS 200. Its got everything I need but is it good to buy that bike in 2019?

    And also i want to enjoy big bike culture in future.
    (ZX-10r is my dream bike)

    So is NS200 good to start with?


    Other options

    Rtr 200 4v is good bike but TVS service sucks in my home town. They are inexperienced ones.i personally experienced that.thats why i dont to buy tvs bike.i think other mechanics can do better than those service mens.im not complaining its my personal experience.

    Duke 200 / RC 200 is way more expensive than my budget.

    R15 v3 is little expensive but aggressive riding position and plastic quality is not that good as V2.


    Fz250 is best but expensive.

    MT 15 is skipped due to unreasonable price tag.

    P 220f is nice one.....
    when i told to my friends "i want to buy P220f" they were like "everyone think that ur a squid.It has old age suspension.rattling sounds,there is no difference between u and those few of our college friends are squids with 220f". honestly i loved that bike.i barrowed it from my neighbour kept it for 2 months(because he barrowed money from me so i kept it.its a long story) ....it makes me smile every time when im riding.i touched 100kmph in no time.too bad its got pretty bad name with stupids.


    Can anyone help me?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by xBhp; 03-25-2019 at 12:59 PM.
    Neo77k likes this.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,086
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is it good to buy NS200 in 2019?

    Thread approved.

  3. #3
    Addicted Neo77k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Haryana
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is it good to buy NS200 in 2019?

    Quote Originally Posted by venkydebbin View Post
    I am 25 years old. Doing my 1st job and salary is kind of low for maintenance for 200cc but I can manage if bike has longer service intervals. I spent 4 years with my scooty and brother's Splendor. Now I want bigger bike as 2nd bike.

    These are my requisites:

    1.Decent looking

    2.Premium quality

    3.Decent mileage(30 to 40)

    4.Little comfort and I have scooty so I don't think i need pillion comfort.

    5.I don't ride fast in city so I don't need pick up. But on the highways I need power.

    6.Not too upright & not to lean forward riding position

    7.Smooth riding with low exhaust sound.i want to enjoy riding pleasure not the sound.

    8.I want to keep it for min 5 years.

    9.My budget is 1.4 lac

    I want to buy NS 200. Its got everything I need but is it good to buy that bike in 2019?

    And also i want to enjoy big bike culture in future.
    (ZX-10r is my dream bike)

    So is NS200 good to start with?


    Other options

    Rtr 200 4v is good bike but TVS service sucks in my home town. They are inexperienced ones.i personally experienced that.thats why i dont to buy tvs bike.i think other mechanics can do better than those service mens.im not complaining its my personal experience.

    Duke 200 / RC 200 is way more expensive than my budget.

    R15 v3 is little expensive but aggressive riding position and plastic quality is not that good as V2.


    Fz250 is best but expensive.

    MT 15 is skipped due to unreasonable price tag.

    P 220f is nice one.....
    when i told to my friends "i want to buy P220f" they were like "everyone think that ur a squid.It has old age suspension.rattling sounds,there is no difference between u and those few of our college friends are squids with 220f". honestly i loved that bike.i barrowed it from my neighbour kept it for 2 months(because he barrowed money from me so i kept it.its a long story) ....it makes me smile every time when im riding.i touched 100kmph in no time.too bad its got pretty bad name with stupids.


    Can anyone help me?

    Thanks.
    Hey buddy,

    Every good bike has some bad name due to bad people, get the bike you like regardless of people claiming you'd be a squid.

    Now for a maximum of 1.4 lakh on road, I'd suggest you purchase a motorcycle with a lower cost and get some gear for your protection.

    Example: FZ-S V3 looks good, has good city drivability, handles well and brakes well, comes with ABS and the engine is reliable. You'll get a good mileage to go easy on your pocket as well and it's always fun to ride an FZ.

    For the NS200, it was launched in like September 2012 and I got mine in Feb '13. That's an old motorcycle but the KTM shared tech is still among the best in the market, handling is amazing on the perimeter frame and they now give MRFs instead of Eurogrips which work much better, there's an optional single channel ABS as well. The bike would give around 30-42kmpl of mileage, service intervals are longer than the rest and the bike suits city riding, touring and almost everything (a characteristic of nakeds).

    So to sum it up, even in 2019 it's still a good motorcycle with good tech except Fuel injection. Also, since it's been around for a long time, local markets have spares available now. Does 142kmph easily

    My recommendation- Get a cheaper bike and some good protective gear with the money you save, you'll appreciate it later.

    Happy riding
    The Great and venkydebbin like this.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ghaziabad
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is it good to buy NS200 in 2019?

    Quote Originally Posted by venkydebbin View Post
    I am 25 years old. Doing my 1st job and salary is kind of low for maintenance for 200cc but I can manage if bike has longer service intervals. I spent 4 years with my scooty and brother's Splendor. Now I want bigger bike as 2nd bike.

    These are my requisites:

    1.Decent looking

    2.Premium quality

    3.Decent mileage(30 to 40)

    4.Little comfort and I have scooty so I don't think i need pillion comfort.

    5.I don't ride fast in city so I don't need pick up. But on the highways I need power.

    6.Not too upright & not to lean forward riding position

    7.Smooth riding with low exhaust sound.i want to enjoy riding pleasure not the sound.

    8.I want to keep it for min 5 years.

    9.My budget is 1.4 lac

    I want to buy NS 200. Its got everything I need but is it good to buy that bike in 2019?

    And also i want to enjoy big bike culture in future.
    (ZX-10r is my dream bike)

    So is NS200 good to start with?


    Other options

    Rtr 200 4v is good bike but TVS service sucks in my home town. They are inexperienced ones.i personally experienced that.thats why i dont to buy tvs bike.i think other mechanics can do better than those service mens.im not complaining its my personal experience.

    Duke 200 / RC 200 is way more expensive than my budget.

    R15 v3 is little expensive but aggressive riding position and plastic quality is not that good as V2.


    Fz250 is best but expensive.

    MT 15 is skipped due to unreasonable price tag.

    P 220f is nice one.....
    when i told to my friends "i want to buy P220f" they were like "everyone think that ur a squid.It has old age suspension.rattling sounds,there is no difference between u and those few of our college friends are squids with 220f". honestly i loved that bike.i barrowed it from my neighbour kept it for 2 months(because he barrowed money from me so i kept it.its a long story) ....it makes me smile every time when im riding.i touched 100kmph in no time.too bad its got pretty bad name with stupids.


    Can anyone help me?

    Thanks.
    NS200 has frequent carb issue/fueling issue as per my experience of 75k kms on my 2014 NS200. Many users have reported blank spots and irritating fueling on this bike. You have to keep changing gears in traffic. For highway usage it is one the best in 200cc segment. Rest is fine.

    You can also look at apache RTR 200 4v it is a better quality bike with great usability for city use.

    If you can save for FZ25 its a good bike and 220F is seriously old now.
    #bpk and venkydebbin like this.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is it good to buy NS200 in 2019?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo77k View Post
    Hey buddy,

    Every good bike has some bad name due to bad people, get the bike you like regardless of people claiming you'd be a squid.

    Now for a maximum of 1.4 lakh on road, I'd suggest you purchase a motorcycle with a lower cost and get some gear for your protection.

    Example: FZ-S V3 looks good, has good city drivability, handles well and brakes well, comes with ABS and the engine is reliable. You'll get a good mileage to go easy on your pocket as well and it's always fun to ride an FZ.

    For the NS200, it was launched in like September 2012 and I got mine in Feb '13. That's an old motorcycle but the KTM shared tech is still among the best in the market, handling is amazing on the perimeter frame and they now give MRFs instead of Eurogrips which work much better, there's an optional single channel ABS as well. The bike would give around 30-42kmpl of mileage, service intervals are longer than the rest and the bike suits city riding, touring and almost everything (a characteristic of nakeds).

    So to sum it up, even in 2019 it's still a good motorcycle with good tech except Fuel injection. Also, since it's been around for a long time, local markets have spares available now. Does 142kmph easily

    My recommendation- Get a cheaper bike and some good protective gear with the money you save, you'll appreciate it later.

    Happy riding
    I appreciate ur opinion.i should buy riding gear too.i test rode the fz v3.its got decent power,smooth refined engine,ride quality is superb.but it doesn't give me that feeling.i felt like im riding normal bike with big tank.i just came to know that specs doesn't help me.soon i will test ride all the bikes between 150 to 250. definitely one bike will give me that feeling "oh boy, this bike is made for me".then i ll buy it if it is cost more or less.it will be long relationship with me and bike so i should be patience.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is it good to buy NS200 in 2019?

    Quote Originally Posted by nitinraina07 View Post
    NS200 has frequent carb issue/fueling issue as per my experience of 75k kms on my 2014 NS200. Many users have reported blank spots and irritating fueling on this bike. You have to keep changing gears in traffic. For highway usage it is one the best in 200cc segment. Rest is fine.

    You can also look at apache RTR 200 4v it is a better quality bike with great usability for city use.

    If you can save for FZ25 its a good bike and 220F is seriously old now.
    Ill test ride the rtr 200 4v. Thanks buddy

  7. #7
    Rusted Zapps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Ludhiana, Punjab
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Is it good to buy NS200 in 2019?

    I think OP has answered his concern himself, the ideal bike for you is NS200 as it has that top end, apart form this even P220 is a good choice, it's more stable for straight lines and windblast and cross winds are reduced. I'd recommend you get the bike and then replace rear tyre with MRF RevZ S. Around 3k would be well spent with eh kinda grip you'll get.

    FZ25 & RTR 200 4V excel at lower end of the spectrum. So for high speed cruising, the former choices are better.

    You could also consider R15 S (V2) if you like it, it'll have slightly aggressive seating and has a good performance at high end.
    The Great likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2019, 03:32 PM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-13-2018, 03:47 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2018, 04:30 PM
  4. Confused between TVS Apache RTR 200 and Bajaj Pulsar NS200
    By riderizhar2000 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-19-2018, 09:11 PM
  5. Need mechanic for Ns200
    By xttony in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2015, 06:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •