Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Dawn & dusk make slight hard to adjust.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, India
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

    Hello guys,

    31-year old guy here, 5'9". Need a comfortable bike that would be used for daily city commute of about 10-15 KMS minimum with the occasional long ride.

    Don't have any brand preferences as I have previously owned/driven a Unicorn & Gixxer. What I am looking for is ABS and good mileage. My budget can stretch as far as 1.5 Lacs, but preferably somewhere in the range of 1-1.2 Lacs would be nice.

    I would be looking to make the purchase in the month of August, so will give due importance to test-riding all possible options.

    Thanks,
    KV
    Last edited by xBhp; 06-18-2019 at 11:48 AM.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,338
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

    Thread approved.

  3. #3
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    1,791
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

    Quote Originally Posted by kunalv View Post
    Hello guys,

    31-year old guy here, 5'9". Need a comfortable bike that would be used for daily city commute of about 10-15 KMS minimum with the occasional long ride.

    Don't have any brand preferences as I have previously owned/driven a Unicorn & Gixxer. What I am looking for is ABS and good mileage. My budget can stretch as far as 1.5 Lacs, but preferably somewhere in the range of 1-1.2 Lacs would be nice.

    I would be looking to make the purchase in the month of August, so will give due importance to test-riding all possible options.

    Thanks,
    KV
    Apache 200 is the bike for you! Dual channel abs+ slipper clutch+ smooth engine+ 65watt powerful headlamp+ good power+ maintenance free because of no liquid cooling etc.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, India
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    Apache 200 is the bike for you! Dual channel abs+ slipper clutch+ smooth engine+ 65watt powerful headlamp+ good power+ maintenance free because of no liquid cooling etc.
    Thanks for the response. I will test-ride the Apache 200. Is it comfortable for long distance touring though?

    How about the new Avenger Street 220 or Gixxer SF? Do they have ABS?
    #bpk likes this.

  5. #5
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    1,791
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

    Quote Originally Posted by kunalv View Post
    Thanks for the response. I will test-ride the Apache 200. Is it comfortable for long distance touring though?

    How about the new Avenger Street 220 or Gixxer SF? Do they have ABS?
    Street 220 lacks features, gixxer sf 150 is overpriced, gixxer 250 will be out of your budget. Test ride 2019 pulsar 220, Apache 160 4v and Apache 200 4v .

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, India
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    Street 220 lacks features, gixxer sf 150 is overpriced, gixxer 250 will be out of your budget. Test ride 2019 pulsar 220, Apache 160 4v and Apache 200 4v .
    Could you please elaborate on where the Avenger Street lacks on features compared to the Apache?

    I have never liked the looks of the P220. Not keen on the new one with ABS either cause it looks the same
    Last edited by kunalv; 06-18-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    #bpk likes this.

  7. #7
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    1,791
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

    Quote Originally Posted by kunalv View Post
    Could you please elaborate on where the Avenger Street lacks on features compared to the Apache?

    I have never liked the looks of the P220. Not keen on the new one with ABS either cause it looks the same
    Street 220 lakes rear disc brake, handling,engine refinement compared to apache, if you like avenger than go for it but both are different segment motorcycles, it's upto you what you choose

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, India
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    Street 220 lakes rear disc brake, handling,engine refinement compared to apache, if you like avenger than go for it but both are different segment motorcycles, it's upto you what you choose
    Understood. I really do like the look of the Avenger. Although I will test drive the two and determine whether lack of a rear disc on the Street 220 is actually a game-changer or not.

    Any other options in this price bracket? How about the Yamahas?

  9. #9
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    1,791
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

    Quote Originally Posted by kunalv View Post
    Understood. I really do like the look of the Avenger. Although I will test drive the two and determine whether lack of a rear disc on the Street 220 is actually a game-changer or not.

    Any other options in this price bracket? How about the Yamahas?
    Fz v3 will cost you 1.15 lakhs obroad whereas Fz 25 will be around 1.60 lakhs onroad. Many people have developed discomfort while riding avenger so take a long test ride.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, India
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Bike for city cum touring purpose - Max 1.5 Lacs

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    Fz v3 will cost you 1.15 lakhs obroad whereas Fz 25 will be around 1.60 lakhs onroad. Many people have developed discomfort while riding avenger so take a long test ride.
    How is Fz v3 compared to apache 200? Read it has single channel ABS. So that's a negative.
    #bpk likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bike for touring purpose while having good handling
    By VaibhavPisal in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-30-2016, 03:17 PM
  2. bike under 3 lacs for daily use and touring.
    By nirbhayabhi in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-15-2016, 10:46 AM
  3. Best touring city bike?
    By hitdarbway in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 09:13 AM
  4. Touring purpose bike within 80k
    By arnab.hawk in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
  5. Bike for touring ~1.5 Lacs
    By Devansh88 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •