Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Always wear a helmet.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bike modifiers - Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike modifiers - Need Help

Hey guys,

I'm planning to fit a R15 fairing on my pulsar.
    Some where in an article on similar modification the price of the fairing was mentioned around 6K. But when i asked a mechanic he was quoting around 18K for the same.
    Please let me know the correct price for the R15 front fairing.
    - Ananth
    -Ananth
    [email protected]

http://www.talesonwheels.com

Topic Approved
    The Wheel was a great invention; Two Wheels with a Motor in between was even better!

BMW Motorrad Days 2011

Xbhp's Indo-French Kashmir-Ladakh Tour

Comment

Most fairing comes in pieces. 6K would be the price of one piece. What your mechanic says would be the price for the whole fairing. Don't own R15, but others can confirm.

Apart from that, hope you have taken consideration on how to cool your engine effectively after such mods. Most Pulsars are air cooled and fairing will prevent effective cooling. R15 is liquid cooled. Most fully faired bikes are liquid cooled.

Comment

Originally posted by kaynmantis View Post
        Most fairing comes in pieces. 6K would be the price of one piece. What your mechanic says would be the price for the whole fairing. Don't own R15, but others can confirm.

Apart from that, hope you have taken consideration on how to cool your engine effectively after such mods. Most Pulsars are air cooled and fairing will prevent effective cooling. R15 is liquid cooled. Most fully faired bikes are liquid cooled.
        Yes.. more precisely i want to know if i can buy the fairing without the digital speedo.

on the cooling.... that is something i'm compromising on. will get some tips from the mechanic only.

- Ananth
        -Ananth
        [email protected]

Comment

cooling should not be such an issue, since the fairing of the R15 will scoop air towards the engine. Also the entire fairing should be around 5-6k or so. you should try and use the exisiting mounts of the R15 fairing and try and match it as far as possible with your bike. This will help reduce vibration, and will ensure that the fairing does not fall apart over time.

Also search thru xbhp, i remember seeing someones Pulsar who had fitted a R15 fairing.

My offerings to the gods of speed -

- KTM Duke 200
          - Yamaha RXZ 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by jd666 View Post
            cooling should not be such an issue, since the fairing of the R15 will scoop air towards the engine. Also the entire fairing should be around 5-6k or so. you should try and use the exisiting mounts of the R15 fairing and try and match it as far as possible with your bike. This will help reduce vibration, and will ensure that the fairing does not fall apart over time.

Also search thru xbhp, i remember seeing someones Pulsar who had fitted a R15 fairing.
            Thanks a lot for the manual mate. not able to download it in office. will download at home n check.

- Ananth
            -Ananth
            [email protected]

Comment

on the cooling.... that is something i'm compromising on.
              ^boss u cant compromise on cooling in pulsar .,i used knn without re-jetting in my 180 .,the engine used to heat up like anything.,my clutch plates got screwed up .,i had gear problems etc etc !

Comment

Originally posted by Ananz View Post
                Yes.. more precisely i want to know if i can buy the fairing without the digital speedo.

on the cooling.... that is something i'm compromising on. will get some tips from the mechanic only.

- Ananth

I would advice you to stay away from the full fairing on the pulsar, if poser value is all that u're looking for only then go for it , pulsar engines as such heat up pretty bad , thanks to twin saprks
                respect ma authoritae!!

sigpic
                • 2006 Pulsar 180 dtsi
                • 2011 r15 V 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by VijayKrishna View Post
                  ^boss u cant compromise on cooling in pulsar .,i used knn without re-jetting in my 180 .,the engine used to heat up like anything.,my clutch plates got screwed up .,i had gear problems etc etc !
                  hey are you talking about the K&N free flow filter, even that is something i wanna try... so u don't recommend it without rejetting??

- Ananth
                  -Ananth
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by anhil8tr View Post
                    I would advice you to stay away from the full fairing on the pulsar, if poser value is all that u're looking for only then go for it , pulsar engines as such heat up pretty bad , thanks to twin saprks

you're scaring me

- Ananth
                    -Ananth
                    [email protected]

Comment

hey are you talking about the K&N free flow filter, even that is something i wanna try... so u don't recommend it without rejetting??

- Ananth
                      If you change your air filter to anything that lets more air enter the engine, you must rejet the carb. Else your engine will be running lean causing it to run extremely hot and it will burn your piston, piston rings and any number of other parts. It'll kill your engine in a hurry.

(A lean air fuel ratio means too little fuel for the amount of air, this mixture burns extremely hot.)

Comment

- Ananth

stay away from k&n, if rejetting is not done it'll make the bike run too lean. i was running low on oil too and voila my engine seized

P.S- by the way i own a 180 DTS-i
                        respect ma authoritae!!

sigpic
                        • 2006 Pulsar 180 dtsi
                        • 2011 r15 V 2.0

Comment

I would not suggest the r15 fairing on the P150 since the pulsar is air cooled, and adding the fairing will decrease the air flow which is needed to cool the engine.

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm planning to fit a R15 fairing on my pulsar.
                            Some where in an article on similar modification the price of the fairing was mentioned around 6K. But when i asked a mechanic he was quoting around 18K for the same.
                            Please let me know the correct price for the R15 front fairing.
                            - Ananth
                            hey you can contact Kaulson Racing Products (KRP) i saw a pulsar with r15 fairing there.. ask them about the cost and if there are any heating issues
                            Factory & Showroom B-101, Naraina Indl. Area, Phase-1, New Delhi - 110028, INDIA
                            Telephone
                            011-25893-777, 25896-777 & 3058-7777
                            Fax: 011-3058-7777

E-mail [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by niterider5287 View Post
                              hey you can contact Kaulson Racing Products (KRP) i saw a pulsar with r15 fairing there.. ask them about the cost and if there are any heating issues
                              Factory & Showroom B-101, Naraina Indl. Area, Phase-1, New Delhi - 110028, INDIA
                              Telephone
                              011-25893-777, 25896-777 & 3058-7777
                              Fax: 011-3058-7777

E-mail [email protected]
                              I wish i could do that... i'm in hyderabad now and unfortunately i could not find any experienced hands here.

- Ananth
                              -Ananth
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X