Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Red to green – let the cager go first.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative front head lamp for Pulsar 150 dtsi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative front head lamp for Pulsar 150 dtsi

Hi fellow bikers I am looking for a good alternative headlamp for my pulsar i feel that the current oem bulb is not that satisfactory I do not want to change my coil or alternator just pure alternative head lamp for my pulsar 150
    Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride

Query Approved.
    :)

Comment

Well, in that case maybe you can try Osram 35/35. Will not result in much difference though!
      Your biking tells a lot about the person you are!

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply is ther anything in the philips twowheeler lighting series i can use with my pulsar 150
        Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride

Comment

Yeah Phillips makes them too. But they all perform nearly the same. I doubt you would see much benefits!
          Your biking tells a lot about the person you are!

Comment

Osram gives slightly whitish light & better than Philips.. from my experience..
            sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

Comment

Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post
              Hi

I got Osram 35/35w for 80 bucks for my unicorn and the light was yellowish color. Thought the previous Philips stock was much better and whitish color. If you had real difference, can you tell me if the Osram bulb specification if any? Let me soon so as I'm planning to change the bulb back to Philips 35/35w (stock). Thanks!
              RX100 1996 | Karizma 2004 | Karizma-R 2011 | RXZ 1999 | RX 135 1998 | RX 100 1993 | CBF150 2005 - 2011

2012 - Meghamalai | Kuttralam | 2011 Ooty | Munnar | 2010 Point Calimere | Horsley Hills | Yercaud

Comment

Originally posted by SriramEfunds View Post
                Hi

I got Osram 35/35w for 80 bucks for my unicorn and the light was yellowish color. Thought the previous Philips stock was much better and whitish color. If you had real difference, can you tell me if the Osram bulb specification if any? Let me soon so as I'm planning to change the bulb back to Philips 35/35w (stock). Thanks!

Hey, is there a completely white bulb available from some reputed manufacturer? I mean, you do get these so-called 'original' white bulbs from a lot of unheard-of manufacturers readily available in the market for close to abuot 100 Rs or so, but their brightness is a bit too low. I've got a P180(UG3) and a P200 that I want to switch bulbs for and am looking for a) white light with b) good brightness/intensity. Could someone suggest something for them please? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. HID's way too expensive... Besides I don't want to be the cause of countless almost-an-accident encounters for people when I drive past them from the opposite direction.

Comment

Originally posted by abhilashabhi12 View Post

Hey, BTW, that pic in your sig seems vaguely familiar... Now where could I have seen something similar to it earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by abdelazeez View Post
                    Hey, BTW, that pic in your sig seems vaguely familiar... Now where could I have seen something similar to it earlier?
                    I know of a certain other guy who had a very similar Avatar pic, and then rossiter uncle also got inspired from it... let me guess who it was
                    Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

.: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
                    PowerDrift:.

#Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
                    #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
                    #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
                    #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
                    #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
                    � Satyen Poojary

Comment

Hey, is there a completely white bulb available from some reputed manufacturer? I mean, you do get these so-called 'original' white bulbs from a lot of unheard-of manufacturers readily available in the market for close to abuot 100 Rs or so, but their brightness is a bit too low. I've got a P180(UG3) and a P200 that I want to switch bulbs for and am looking for a) white light with b) good brightness/intensity. Could someone suggest something for them please? Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. HID's way too expensive... Besides I don't want to be the cause of countless almost-an-accident encounters for people when I drive past them from the opposite direction.
                      For Pulsar 180 - I would suggest you to go for Avenger coil (Rs 550 the whole kit guess) and you can also search for more clarity on Avenger coils from this forum. The Avenger comes with 50/60w, you might opt for Osram Nightbreaker which is regarded as the best possible option per our seniors and other xbphians.

For P220 - I thought the project headlight for the dimmer is good enough. My friend has a P220 and felt the brightness is brilliant.

For others: I did not get the desired delight after installing 35/35w Orsam which was again suggested by Honda Authorised spare parts dealer. Will go back to basics by changing it to Philips stock one soon. I regret the money wasted

Anyways, I leave it for other xbhphians to comment and suggest on P220.
                      RX100 1996 | Karizma 2004 | Karizma-R 2011 | RXZ 1999 | RX 135 1998 | RX 100 1993 | CBF150 2005 - 2011

2012 - Meghamalai | Kuttralam | 2011 Ooty | Munnar | 2010 Point Calimere | Horsley Hills | Yercaud

Comment

Avenger180 stator plate part number is DV111005 and is a straight fit on the P150 UG3 P180 UG3 and the P200. MRP Rs.532/-. Couple that with a Osram Nightbreaker and the illumination will be far better than stock.
                        The best part of this mod is the service people don't even get a hint that the stator has been changed, as the Avenger stator is a direct fit. So no issues regarding warranty.

The Avenger 200's stator is not a direct fit on Pulsars.

Comment

Originally posted by SriramEfunds View Post
                          Hi

Wow.. what a contrary.. I have Installed the Osram on Fiero FX doom & what did I compare with it was 2000 Model CBZ classic Doom with philips.. which was too dull.. now I dont know what model is this Osram but its a plain simple H4 35w halogen bulb.. much better than philips in my case..

Next time you post See your own signature...

Comment

Originally posted by pavanchirmade View Post
                            Avenger180 stator plate part number is DV111005 and is a straight fit on the P150 UG3 P180 UG3 and the P200. MRP Rs.532/-. Couple that with a Osram Nightbreaker and the illumination will be far better than stock.
                            The best part of this mod is the service people don't even get a hint that the stator has been changed, as the Avenger stator is a direct fit. So no issues regarding warranty.

The Avenger 200's stator is not a direct fit on Pulsars.
                            if you can extend your budget by 300-400 I would suggest you to get done DC after that & it would be worth doing all this mod

Comment

Originally posted by satyenpoojary View Post
                              I know of a certain other guy who had a very similar Avatar pic, and then rossiter uncle also got inspired from it... let me guess who it was
                              Oh sure like you have a copyright over it!

@ceeone: There is an excellent thread about lighting and bike electricals. I'm sure you'll find many ways to bump up the headlight on your 150 there.
                              "Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert Schuller
                              ---
                              R.I.P Kriss; 15.06.1981 - 11.10.2009 -- You will not be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                              X