I, infact, absolutely never rode a geared bike. I presently own a Honda Activa, and Santro 1999 model. I am in much need of a expert counsel with regards to purchase a new Motor Bike. So with out much ado, let me describe my information:
I reside at Bangalore city, I am Looking for a reliable commuter bike to travel around 35 Km/day. Also is important its mileage, service, a decent look and resale. With regards to this I had zeroed on CD-deluxe as it was decent and light on my pockets too. I actually did go to the showroom to purchase it too. But once there this is what I found:-
-People are in love with Passion, and it seems to sell like hot cakes. Two variants are available: Plus and Pro. While Plus is a proven bike, Pro is an upgraded version. Apart from new headlamp, it also sports a Red Shocker( I found that little odd wrt the looks).
1. Should I Go for Passion than CD-Deluxe? Is CD-DELUXE a reliable, low maintenance Bike and High on mileage as it claims?
2. If Not CD-deluxe, then Passion Plus or Passion Pro?
Passion pro has More Torque at Less RPM in comparison to Passion plus. After googling , I inferred, that it means good initial Pickup, and better city driving ( I think so), and slightly higher power. But would such small changes affect the Mileage? Passion plus yields above 65KM, and Pro above 60 (according to website reports). Just wanted to confirm this with you.
3. This may sound silly. But Which Bike paint doesn’t fade faster if exposed to sun a lot. I do not have a garage, and hence, the bike woul have to endure much rain, and sun. If Passion, I selected this color:
IF CD deluxe:
What do you think?
4. What are the standard Accessories I should ask for with the new Bike?
Apart from helmet lock, Indicator alarm, should I ask for Teflon coating, pad lock, any other accessories?
here is the quotation (Rupees) for CD-DELUXE (Mag wheels, self start), Bangalore city, 25/01/2010
Cost of Vehicle (eX-showroom) = 37000
Company Insurance = 982
Life Time tax = 3556
Handling Charges = 850
Accesories = 3315 (with HH passport/good life)
Total (ON ROAD) = 45,703
HH Passion PRO Buyers In bangalore, 25/01/2010. Cost:
Cost of Vehicle (eX-showroom) = 44600
Company Insurance = 1105
Life Time tax = 4225
Handling Charges = 850
Accesories = 2565 (with HH passport/good life)
Total (ON ROAD) = Rs. 55,000/- approx
Would Buying the Accessories from outside the showroom (accessories shop) be considerably cheaper?
5. Would it be wise to go for Disc brake than Drum brake?
Would disk brake really serve any useful and significant purpose for a 100 cc bike?
6. All things apart, is passion really a reliable 60KM+ mileage (city drive) Vehicle? IS CD Deluxe a Better ALternative to Passion in terms of Mileage in city conditions?
The new Honda Activa though below 50K on road, claims to yield 52 KM mileage. If passion/CD Deluxe doesn’t yield 60KM+, I would rather prefer to go a gearless realible activa
Mileage is my main concern here as Hero Honda is generally known for his Reliability. Which of the above will render the maximum mileage in city conditions?
Any advice from your experience, please do share with me. I am a complete novice wrt bike. I am excited that I will buy a new vehicle, but also unsure if I am doing the right choice. Your advice and suggestion would greatly help me in this regard.
Shall await a reply,