Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Fatigue, sleepiness, & alcohol are the same.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pulsar 220 f/s or Royal Enfield Classic 350

  1. #11
    Rusted abhayshanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Andheri - E, Bombay
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Im getting a steady average of 30-32, if you ride slow and steady then you can get over 35 for sure.

  2. #12
    Rusted yuv_biKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Franklin,TN
    Posts
    712
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you are looking to stay with the bike for atleast 5 yrs then go for Classic... R15 should be too small for you...
    P220 is a great machine but has a bad after sale service ... you might regret for buying it for this one reason..
    _________________________________________________
    Yuv


  3. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Delhi,India
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuv_biKING View Post
    If you are looking to stay with the bike for atleast 5 yrs then go for Classic... R15 should be too small for you...
    P220 is a great machine but has a bad after sale service ... you might regret for buying it for this one reason..
    Thanks pal,I'm now sure about classic and is going to book it soon,,..Hope they don't tell me to wait 8 months or so...

  4. #14
    Rusted abhayshanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Andheri - E, Bombay
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coool_manik View Post
    Thanks pal,I'm now sure about classic and is going to book it soon,,..Hope they don't tell me to wait 8 months or so...
    Go for it, hope you get the 500cc, 27 bhp, 46 nm torque producing Classic 500 instead of the 350

  5. #15
    Seasoned Coplay@180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hi Manik.
    I would insist on you buying the Classic 500. It costs a lot, but remember that the 6 - 8 months waiting period will give you enough time to pool in that extra few thousands (which is worth every single penny).
    Otherwise do something like this.
    If u have the cash now,
    1.book the Classic 500 for 1000/- bucks (you will have to wait 6 to 8 months)
    2.Buy a 2nd hand Electra (this is left gear shift- like the Classic) and fall in luv with it.
    3.Put the remaining money in an FD for 6 months
    4.start pumping in the remaining money u need for 6 months.

    5. When ur bike is ready for delivery, take out ur money+interest money+ ur pumped in money, sell ur Electra for a better price .
    And Enjoyy
    Never Argue with an Idiot !!!
    He will bring you down to his level and beat you with his experience.

  6. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Delhi,India
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coplay@180 View Post
    hi Manik.
    I would insist on you buying the Classic 500. It costs a lot, but remember that the 6 - 8 months waiting period will give you enough time to pool in that extra few thousands (which is worth every single penny).
    Otherwise do something like this.
    If u have the cash now,
    1.book the Classic 500 for 1000/- bucks (you will have to wait 6 to 8 months)
    2.Buy a 2nd hand Electra (this is left gear shift- like the Classic) and fall in luv with it.
    3.Put the remaining money in an FD for 6 months
    4.start pumping in the remaining money u need for 6 months.

    5. When ur bike is ready for delivery, take out ur money+interest money+ ur pumped in money, sell ur Electra for a better price .
    And Enjoyy
    thanx for the suggestion but the problem is parent's approval,they won't let me buy the powerful 500...btw what's the waiting period for 350?

  7. #17
    Addicted voodoo_god13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuv_biKING View Post
    If you are looking to stay with the bike for atleast 5 yrs then go for Classic... R15 should be too small for you...
    P220 is a great machine but has a bad after sale service ... you might regret for buying it for this one reason..

    If you think he is going to regret buying the pulsar because of the after sales service then the RE is also a bad choice. RE service is in no way better than Bajaj.

    I have owned a pulsar 200 for three years now and I have not had any issues with service. As long as you know enough about the bike you can get your point through. If the guy taking in your bike for service doesn't understand what you want just ask for the head service engineer. This guy will get things sorted.

    Another reason a pulsar or any of the other non RE bikes are a better choice is your odds of facing issues are way lower. RE still rolls out bikes with loads of issues. Team-bhp's motorcycle forum has two threads on the classic. I will recommend reading these. Even though the UCE engine is better than the older ones, RE has still not reached the reliability levels of Bajaj.

    That being said an RE has other things going for it. None of the current bike keep you hooked onto it. All the features and performance grow on you and a few months after owning the bike you take them for granted and they dont feel special any more. This is where the RE wins hands down. Because an RE isn't special because of its features, its special because it will always command respect and has way more character than any other indian bike i have ridden.
    Gowty likes this.

  8. #18
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Delhi,India
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_god13 View Post
    If you think he is going to regret buying the pulsar because of the after sales service then the RE is also a bad choice. RE service is in no way better than Bajaj.

    I have owned a pulsar 200 for three years now and I have not had any issues with service. As long as you know enough about the bike you can get your point through. If the guy taking in your bike for service doesn't understand what you want just ask for the head service engineer. This guy will get things sorted.

    Another reason a pulsar or any of the other non RE bikes are a better choice is your odds of facing issues are way lower. RE still rolls out bikes with loads of issues. Team-bhp's motorcycle forum has two threads on the classic. I will recommend reading these. Even though the UCE engine is better than the older ones, RE has still not reached the reliability levels of Bajaj.

    That being said an RE has other things going for it. None of the current bike keep you hooked onto it. All the features and performance grow on you and a few months after owning the bike you take them for granted and they dont feel special any more. This is where the RE wins hands down. Because an RE isn't special because of its features, its special because it will always command respect and has way more character than any other indian bike i have ridden.
    so you suggest 220?
    the mileage is also very low c350 gves an average of 40 or so

  9. #19
    Seasoned Coplay@180's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    +1 to voodoo.

    I think you will have the same waiting period for the classic 350 as well.
    Never Argue with an Idiot !!!
    He will bring you down to his level and beat you with his experience.

  10. #20
    Addicted voodoo_god13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coool_manik View Post
    so you suggest 220?
    the mileage is also very low c350 gves an average of 40 or so
    The 220 will be a easier bike to maintain, parts etc. will be cheaper and much more easily available also relatively easier to ride.

    But as I said earlier the bullet has its own charm.

    I'm not suggesting you buy the 220, just trying to point out was I consider to be the pros and cons.

    End of the days this is going to be your bike for a few years, buy the one that makes you feel good about owning it. The feel good factor that a bike gives you in my opinion out weighs bhp's and features.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: Royal Enfield
    By prakash_mvpa in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 843
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 04:41 PM
  2. [Ownership Thread]: Royal Enfield Classic 500
    By prabhubravo in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 1231
    Last Post: 05-13-2017, 05:01 PM
  3. Royal Enfield Bullet Classic is in Town!!
    By BuddhaSource in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 01:11 AM
  4. Need help on a Royal Enfield
    By Penno in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 02:41 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 11:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •