I've booked a Bajaj Avenger 220 DTSi by paying 1000Rs.
Before booking I took a test drive. I find the bike very friendly to use. These are the things I like which made me place an Order:
- Gear shifting was smooth
- Handling was OK (I use a classic Pulsar 150)
- I loved the roar of engine
- I like the looks however Tachometer is missing
- Tires were broad enough to handle grip
- Powerful headlights
Though I placed the Order I'm bit skeptical about its features, Bajaj's quality etc.
- Though I loved the posture, I find foot operated rear breaking bit complex for me. Front disc brake is a Saver here.
- My friends complain about their newly adopted Pulsars that they lack quality and wont sustain in good shape for another 5 years
I'll try to list down things I were looking to have in my Bike
- I wanted to have a bike with comfortable ride posture
- Absolute comfort for the Pillion rider
(Though I love Pulsar 220S & Apache I'd to avoid them due to above to two things)
- Good grip on wet road (I live in Kerala)
- Should be able to take duties of Commuter
- Cruiser for occasional long trips
- Powerful headlights and visibility
- Build to last
- Powerful (I find my Pulsar 150 a bit underpowered)
I was going through specs of Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark and to be honest I have been swayed towards this machine...
Most of the features in Avenger is also Present in Thunderbird. So its really tough to decide even though Thunderbird is around 30K higher than Avenger in terms of Price. I loved the looks, my wife says Thunderbird is charming!
I'd love to see you guys comments on the Value for Money factor of Avenger & Thunderbird. And of course to decide which one should I get?