I currently own a Ninja 250R and am looking for an upgrade. I have been using the Kwacker for my daily commute (about 60Km a day); subjecting the bike to Bangalore traffic/Roads. I am looking for a bike that would (in priority order)
1) Be comfortable for daily use and also for the pillion. My biggest issue with the ninja is the lack of comfort for the pillion due to which I really can't use it when I and my wife are planning a road-trip.
2) Reliability - I hate going to the service center repeatedly - especially if it is for the same item that was "fixed" during the last service. The Bajaj service used to be pretty good but lately it has become an issue ( a negative for 650r and also for RE based on the ownership threads). Also, spare availability is something I need to consider based on the way bajaj is handling the situation for Ninjas...
3) Performance - I have had my share of traffic light GPs, but my primary need now is low end torque ( for use in slow moving traffic) and a decent top end for highway cruising at say prolonged use at 110 - 120
4) Running Costs - I know the mileage will be low for all the listed bikes above. Could you guys give me an idea on the running costs i.e. ( Periodic service cost + service intervals + Fuel costs/mileage + spare parts cost)
5) Should be able to take enough abuse - I tend to be aggressive with the throttle and breaks Also, with Bangalore rains and roads the bike should be capable of running with limited pampering
Budget wise the 883 is the about the max I can get to, have thought about the super low but that have concerns with its low ground clearance...My Apologies, if this looks like a matrimonial advert but hell a new bike is almost a new relationship nai?