Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us


Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

Regularly check tyre pressures.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride

  1. #1
    Rookie Khiyar Pasha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Guntur, Andhra Pradesh
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Default K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride

    K2K 2015 FATHER SON DUO 10,000 KMS.

    The idea for this ride was born 25 years ago to my dad Mr. Mehamood Pasha during his service with Indian Coast Guard. Back those days dad started riding Vespa, did many short rides in Tamil Nadu & Andhra Pradesh. I was a kid watching him ride wearing Half face helmet, Always used to wonder how does it feel when you ride that motor vehicle, the wind gushing over the face while standing in front space of the scooter, the happiness I get while pressing the scooter horn button, the fun using the headlight switch of the scooter, that it self makes me feel that I am riding this scooter. Lets not forget, We all have sat on our dads motor vehicle and felt as a racer or playing office office, while its parked at home on center stand. Ah Those childhood days with dream in small cute innocent eyes of riding a motorcycle one day. Then my dad bought Hero Honda Splendor Motor cycle, That day the whole street went crazy, like how we see any super bike today. Now, dad started riding longer distances with Splendor with whole family. Sitting on tank and watching my dad how he pulls the throttle, use of clutch and shifting gears was something new and felt like its some kind of super hero action. Dad allowed me to just pull the throttle on straight highways, small little hands using all his energy just to feel that power and impress dad is always a memory for me. I use to try my best to maintain the speed of 60-70 kmph. We travelled, complete Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Kanyakumari, Andhra Pradesh. Those days, there were no double lanes, it was only single lane and driving that time without proper riding gears and riding just with helmet with just having a road atlas in hand was the actual adventure and fun we experienced in every ride. Hearing him saying, that One fine day I will ride from Kanyakumari to Kashmir. I could just think of a map those days and nothing more than that.

    It was on 5th of June 2015, 6 AM in the morning my phone was ringing. I just crashed on bed after my hectic night shift work. Wanted to avoid the call, but cant help Its dad!. Answered the call, Dad said he was thinking about something from past few days, I said whats that about? He said, how about riding Kanyakumari to Kashmir? I said, well thats your dream all these years, so lets plan accordingly and ride within 2 months. I couldnt sleep that day and started doing some math/ calculations! Lol, yes immediately a comet strike my head, got the idea of gifting a good riding jacket, gloves and knee guards to my dad. I planned a budget, calculated my salary savings for next 2 months and decided to gift him few riding gears. My work schedule was very hectic and it was never a 9 hour job, I worked minimum 15-18 hours. My health condition was getting weak and worst. Want to quit, but now I have a ride coming up for which I really had to save bugs and gift my dad. So, decided to work for another 3 months with my company. Meanwhile we both started doing our research for the complete ride. Dad had prepared an itinerary, and we discussed about the route map and finally locked Guntur- Kanyakumari- Bangalore- Mumbai- Jodhpur- Pali- Amritsar- Srinagar- Leh- Manali- Delhi. We thought of shipping the bikes back to Guntur from Delhi, I checked with shipping companies for fares. Later, I thought to ride back via Agra- Nagpur-Hyderabad- Guntur. By this we will also cover the central regions of India and he total distance was 10,000 Kms Approximate. Wow! The number it self gave me goose bumps. I called dad, and said lets just do it. Its once in lifetime experience of India. We both had regular calls sharp at 6AM and discussed all required things. The planning was happening on phone calls, I started buying spares for Karizma R slowly, few I had to order. We compared price ranges in Mumbai, Guntur and Hyderabad, Places where we found the items were cheaper, we were buying from there. Spare Parts were ready for Karizma R by first week of July. Next, we focused on the medical requirements, we wanted to be prepared for extreme summers and also extreme cold, did enough research and finally prepared a list of medicines and bought them.
    During this time, we were confused regarding Royal Enfield ladakh carriers or to go with saddle bags. Dad wanted to go with ladakh carriers, so that it will be easy to carry luggage and also extra fuel cans. I checked with many people about their feedback regarding ladakh carriers, got 50-50 response, Finally we decided to go with Saddle Bag, as I was already using NH4 Motorheads saddle bag, and had used them for heavy duty, offroading, high speeds, rains etc. the Saddle bags were amazing and strong enough to bare all these conditions. We ordered Highway700 (65 Liters capacity) saddle bag made for RE classic 350 from NH4 Motorheads. The preparation itself was taking time, because we wanted the best for our ride. Then, we focused on the riding gears, I went to a riding gear store at Kharghar, Navi Mumbai (Bikerz Hub) Newly opened with limited and good stock. Checked their stock and asked the owner to get Riding Jacket with 2 sizes (M & L), Knee Guards also. He also had rain protection wear manufactured by STUDDS. I was desperately looking for a good rain protection wear, finally My eyes fell on them and I immediately purchased that one last stock piece he had. Very, next day tested the rain wear on heavy rains in Mumbai city. It worked, no single drop of water inside, and in fact I was feeling warm from inside. It costed me 1600/- INR. I ordered one more for dad, He had got that all the way from Nagpur for me.

    It was August 10th Riding Jackets were ready for trial at the store, Asked my dad to come down to Mumbai for the trials and also my club Karizma Bikers club Mumbai had organized a ride on Independence. I thought this is the best time to introduce dad to the club and also discuss about our ride. Dad had come on 13th of August by train, received him at the station and we came to our flat at Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. In the evening, we went to select the riding Jacket at Riders Hub (Gear store in Kharghar), We selected Rynox Jacket and also purchased Knee guards, Immediately went to Thane and purchased DSG riding gloves. Dad, returned to Guntur on 17th August from Mumbai. I was thinking that he had to come all the way till here to buy riding gears and other essentials for our ride, The preparations itself were getting bigger. 2 weeks more left for the ride to start. Every day and nights were passing slowly, Time always moves slow when you actually start counting minutes of every hour. Meanwhile, In Guntur Dad was doing his own preparations like, doing trial rides, loading saddle bags on bike and testing the aerodynamics with short rides, wearing those newly bought army leather boots, so that on the day of ride you feel comfortable. Oh god! I was like seriously Dad? My mother was motivating him all day, but this was way beyond crazyness.

    0n 29th August Packed all my luggage and decided to start my ride towards Guntur (1100kms from Mumbai). On the day of 3rd September started towards Guntur, stopped at Pune to meet Mr. Dilip Bam (Bike Guru of India) and Mr. Devjeet Saha (Record holder/ Racer) to take some tips, wishes and blessings. Mr. Dilip Bam flagged off for my ride and then I started towards Sholapur, Hyderabad. At around 11 PM I had reached safely at Hyderabad (Covered 800 Kms) and took halt at my Aunt (Sajida Parveens) residence. Next day morning started towards Guntur (300kms from Hyderabad), Reached my home at 2PM.

    2 days before the ride, Me and dad met few important people, who wanted to do some arrangements on the day we start our ride. Mr. Hakim Saab, was really encouraging and motivating us for the ride and the cause we are taking. His, team had arranged banners, and press meet for us to spread our word about the ride. Next day, we met The Superintendent Police of Guntur and explained him about our ride and the cause we are taking along, after a small meeting with him, we had a small press meet with local media, speaking about K2K. Meanwhile, The Guntur Bar Association was also doing arrangements for our flag off, Mr G Santha Kumar (President GBA) and Mr. Syed Ismail put their maximum efforts to arrange the best for tomorrow.

    Day 1 : Guntur- Chennai (420Kms)

    The day had come, 8th September 2015. Woke up at 7 AM, did some basic exercises and filled petrol from gas station. Loaded Saddlebags and other luggage on bikes, Our relatives had come to give us their wishes, and then we both started towards Guntur District Court complex. Parked our bikes and was waiting for Principal District Court Judge to flag off, and meanwhile my friends/ brothers Mr. Upesh Chandra Chowdary and Mr. Ambadipudi Sreenivasa of Guntur had come personally to wish me for the ride, Thanks guys. Print and media press was also present for the event. Hon ble, District Principal Judge Mr. Rafee had come and he wished us all the best and flagged off at 12:00 Noon, A small rally was arranged by Advocates and it was pilot by the traffic police for city crossing till Highway. There was lot of noise, people wishing luck, showing thumps up, waving hands But, I could not hear them for few minutes, It was deep silence in my ears and mind. Could not believe that the ride had actually started, and also the over whelming support and greetings from people whom I never met was Truly a moment in my life to remember. There were school children standing in line with flags, wishing us Luck for the ride through out the city till Bypass. Wow! Seriously the arrangements were superbly done by Mr. Hakim Saab and his team. There were huge big banners and posters at every 100 Meters till City end. We reached on NH5 highway, Adocates, Supporters and family wished us again and left. We started towards Ongole at 1PM, stopped there and had lunch at a highway dhaba, Next stop was Nellore, by evening 4:30 we reached Nellore and had tea, pakodas. I was catching few young people and was distributing our pamphlets to spread awareness on helmet and safe driving habits. At 7PM we reached Chennai, We had planned to stay at dads best friends place at Meenambakkam, It took us 2 hours to cross the city and reach that place. Mr. Saheb and family were waiting for us, We were unloading the luggage, It was like an army training for us, I was wondering the coming days that after a tired ride, you have to unload these heavy baggages and again load them, Well, that was the challenge itself. They welcomed us, we all had wonderful dinner, Me and dad were discussing that tomorrows ride will be big as we had to cover 750 Kms in 1 day, so we decided to start little more early for ride and crashed to sleep immediately after dinner.

    Day 2: Chennai to Kanyakumari (750 Kms)
    Woke up at 5 AM in the morning, slight body pains to both. Freshed up, did some basic exercises, Bike checkups and then loaded the luggage on bikes, trust me it took 40 minutes in total to prepare the bike, It was already 6:30 AM and we still are not on the highway. We looked at each other and thought that this is not the way to start, we need to wake up little more early and start early to cover such distances. We started in 10 minutes and filled petrol at nearby gas station and moved towards Madurai, We were riding at speed of 85-90, so that we can reach Kanyakumari by 8 or 9 PM. At Villupuram we had wonderful breakfast, meanwhile at the parking area of the restaurant, people started gathering and asked us about the purpose of the ride and I started with saying, He is my father and we are doing father-Son duo 10,000kms ride for road safety and helmet awareness. Half of the crowd did not believe that he is my dad, every one said he looks like my elder brother.! I know how it feels to me as a son, Either I look older or my dad really looks younger mixed feelings, Should I take it as a compliment to my dad or an insult that I look old infront of him? lol. Since we both speak Tamil, so it was easier for us to communicate with the locals. They really felt surprised, amazed and in the end wished us the best for the ride. We started riding towards Madurai. Roads were clean and clear with very less vehicles on the highway, I was enjoying every mile of the ride and thinking back about home. Karizma and Bullet was performing great, weather was also good. By 11 AM I received a message from Madurai Karizma Bikers Club Admin that they would like to welcome us at the bypass. At around 2 PM we reached Madurai, KBC Madurai was waiting for us and they greeted us with the famous Madurai drink JIGAR THANDA, Heard and saw about this drink on food shows and HOMP (Highway on my Plate), finally got the opportunity to taste it and trust me it was heaven in a drink. This is the total advantage of travelling/ riding to new places and trying local food and drinks. The team escorted us till the city end and there we had a nice South Indian Meals, (Ah, watta sambar and appalam). We were running late with the time actually, it was already 4PM and had to reach Kanyakumari approx. 240Kms more to go. Started our bikes and started riding towards Tirunelveli, We decided to speed up till its dark and reached Tirunelveli by 6:30PM and stopped for a tea break, meanwhile Deccan Chronicle correspondent called us for a telephonic interview, we shared our experience till now and further plans and information about the ride. KBC Admin- Trivandrum, Kerala also contacted me to welcome us at Kanyakumari. They were coming to welcome us all the way from Trivandrum, We finally reached at Kanyakumari at 9 PM. Hotel was kept booked for us by KBC Kerala team, It was a great help as we were totally exhausted to search for a place to stay at that moment. The team helped us unloading the luggage and we sat for a small chat, Pamphlet distribution for Kerala Team, They left at 10:30 PM back to Trivandrum, we managed to have some Parota and curry at a local hotel and crashed on beds. No discussion only sleeping quietly. Kal baat karenge.

    Day3: At Kanyakumari (Full Rains)

    Woke up at 6 AM and I see rains outside, Oh no! not today. We waited for 2 hours and decided to stay back, rest for a day. Had nice breakfast, by that time rain stopped for a while, so decided to explore the place and spread some awareness amongst locals. We both took few pamphlets in hand and visited the beach area, spoke to locals, youngsters to follow basic driving disciplines, wear Helmet, seat belt, give way to ambulance. Now Funny part was, there were tourists also in the crowd and whenever we tried to speak to them, they used to avoid speaking to us and walked out of the place thinking that we are some local sales person came to negotiate for a product and eat their brains. It was a challenge to actually find locals amongst them, hahahha! I caught few people riding without helmet stopped them and gave them the pamphlet, seeing this a traffic cop asked us what the hell are we doing, I explained him about the concept behind and he immediately took all the pamphlets we had and said, He will distribute this at his station. We came back to the hotel by afternoon and had good lunch. Post lunch, I decided to take a back up of all the pictures and videos into my laptop, Loaded new playlist into I- Pod for next 4 days Packed our luggage in advance. Since, we can expect rains in coming days, I decided to order 1 saddle bag cover for dad, I Immediately contacted NH4 Motorheads Co- Owner Debraj Banarjee, and asked him if they can manage to ship the saddle bag cover in 2 days to Bangalore, so that we can reach there on that day and collect it. The response was great and they agreed to ship it on time by the time we reach Bengaluru.

    Day4: Kanyakumari- Bengaluru, Karnataka (700 Kms)
    Woke up early at 4 AM, followed with warm up exercises and motorcycle checkups. Loaded our saddle bags and other luggage, Had a nice tea paid our hotel bills and started towards Madurai. We did not want to stop till Madurai, as we had to cover long distance today also and by 9 AM we reached Madurai and stopped for breakfast. By this time we both observed that our motorcycles are not giving the mileage of what we had initially calculated, It was because of riding it at the speed of above 95 and of course we were covering 700-750 in a day, but if we keep riding like this our budget will be over by the time we reach Kashmir. So, we decided not to ride more than speed of 90 and must keep our speed limit maximum 85, condition is to ride continuously and avoid small breaks to cover that time in ride distance. We started riding towards Salem and reached there by 1 PM, stopped for lunch at Saravana Bhavan, One of my favorites during my school days. We both had an amazing full meals there, and continued our ride towards Bengaluru, We had crossed 50kms and at Toppur Ghats area while riding up the hill, suddenly dads bullet chain broke and fell on the road. Luckily, dad managed to take the bullet aside the road. The chain was total dry and no grease or lube on it, We immediately understood that it was due to not maintaining the chain oil on time for the bullet. I called up Oswald- Admin of Bangalore Karizma Bikers Club and requested him to help us with a mechanic contact nearby, Oswald reacted immediately and managed to send a bullet mechanic in 20 minutes to the spot. That feeling was like the god sent an angel!!! Mechanic Usman belongs to Nearby place called Dharmapuri, He checked the condition and towed the bullet with his leg for 30kms, He was a pro. We reached at his garage and got the new chain fixed and started towards Bengaluru, KBC Bangalore wanted to welcome us at the Border. Finally we entered Bengaluru at 10 PM and was delighted to meet the team KBC Bengaluru and collected our Courier from NH4 Motorheads, Such a quick response and support during on rides by NH4 motorheads is really appreciable. In the night we stayed at apartment studio of our close relative Mehaboob Subhani. We had nice biryani in the dinner and decided to ride till Belgaum next day.

    Day5: Bengaluru- Belgaum (510 Kms)
    At 5 Am we started loading the saddle bags and luggage, it take 45 minutes to prepare both motorcycles for the ride everyday. And the time we start our bikes, half of the energy is exhausted with full sweat. We started riding towards Hubli, after crossing Chitradurga we serviced our motor bikes and made sure everything was perfect. Roads were smooth as silk, I was enjoying every mile of the journey, No worries about jobs, reporting or any other tension, just focus on riding and roads. Its a sunny day so, we were getting dehydrated very fast, so had to take halts at every 1 hour. We decided to take a break between 1-2 PM, took rest under a neem tree. And by evening 5 we were at Hubli, I have some old memories with this place, they all flashed for few minutes in front of my eyes and vanished, We took a tea break at hubli and moved towards Belgaum, by 7 PM we were at Belgaum city. Searched for a place to stay and took halt for the day. Unloaded the luggage, Heavy!! This is a total pain everyday, but no option. Got freshed and had our dinner. After dinner , Ravi Verma- Admin of Jaipur Karizma Club and a very dear friend of mine, who was coordinating with every person all over India for us shared contact of Harshvardhan, Karizma Rider from Belgaum. We both met and shared some experiences, He also gave me list of the hotels at the places I was going to visit. This will save some of my time in the city.

    DAY6: BELGAUM-MUMBAI (500 Kms)
    Sharp at 5 AM in the morning, we both woke up and were ready for the next destination by 6AM, had a nice strong tea and started towards Kolhapur. Very calm and pleasant morning it was. It was great feeling, You wake up and start riding your bike for the complete day, and again for the next day and keep doing this for days. Wow! Music in the ears playing Calvin Harris. Reached Kolhapur and had a nice Vada Pav, Kanda Bajji and Ginger tea. We had to reach Pune by 2 PM to meet Mr. Dilip Bam (Bike Guru of India). Calculated our distance and timing, and started riding towards Satara, roads were good till Satara. By 1PM We were there and then some diversions as six lane work was on, We reached Pune around 2PM and we had arranged a small meeting with Mr. Devjeet Saha (Racer/ Biker), Viraj David (, DJ (Motographer from DJ Clicks) and Mr. Ashish Samanth at Dilip Bams Sirs House. We all gathered and was a great time spent for next 2 hours. This was a must and should meet with them, because, they have given me immense support and blessings for all my rides. Thanks a ton guys, We had some refreshment and left towards Mumbai. Riding via Lonavala was nostalgia, As this was always a weekend riding place during my stay at Mumbai, Dad took some tea refreshment and photographs and we left towards Airoli, Navi Mumbai. Team KBC Mumbai- My home club was waiting for to welcome us, It was raining, but they still came to see us with flower garlands. KBC Mumbai Club is always a support to me, I owe my thanks to every Rider of KBC Mumbai and specially to Bashab Bhattacharjee (Admin/ Founder) KBC Mumbai. By 9 PM they left and we stayed at a friends place (Ramesh, Venu & Mahindra). They prepared some nice telugu food- Rice, Rasam and brinjal fry. This appetite is very much enough for a south Indian. We took halt for the day. Totally tired!!!

    Day7: Halt at Mumbai
    Rest for Motorcycles and servicing.

    Day8: Mumbai- Gandhinagar (560 Kms)
    Early morning 6 AM we started off towards Surat, Time to say goodbye to Mumbai and we crossed Maharashtra border by 8AM, had breakfast near toll booth. Not that satisfactory but, had to fill something in the stomach till next halt. We crossed Valsad and took a tea break. Me and dad had some argument, He was angry because I was stopping at costly restaurants to have tea and snacks, and sometimes the food was great and at times it was worst and pouring money unnecessarily. I was like, I want to eat at neat and clean place, so the argument went for 10 minutes and I finally kept quite and said from next time I wont decide, wherever you stop I will eat and drink quietly. Well, after that we both started our bikes towards Surat. No talking, no communication till some time. It was all calm, I was feeling bad that why the hell did I argue with him for this, We stopped just few kilometers before Surat and I initiated the talk with him again, Thank god he was normal, and spoke to me. Roadhawk Riders From Surat team wanted to meet us at the bypass, So I called them up and we met at a coffee shop. It was nice meeting (Ali Parmar, Ajaz Sheikh and Rajesh Bafna). We left at 12:30 PM from Surat towards Vadodara, The roads in Gujarath are awesome. Very well maintained. We stopped for lunch at Bharuch, a nice gujarathi thali with Shrikhand. It was Yumm. We reached Vadodara at around 4PM, it was super humid and hot weather that day. Locally manufactured chilled zeera soda really helped. We decided to ride some more and stop wherever we are by 7PM, We were riding, and watching the vibrant Gujarath and the development, Infrastructure etc. At 7:30PM we were at Ahmedabad, slowly we crossed the city and started searching for a hotel, we always search it on highways to avoid city traffic crossings. Surprisingly we rode till Gandhinagar and took halt at a hotel just on highway, It was around 9PM. We were totally exhausted and no strength to unload the luggage. I had an electral liquid and some how managed to get all the luggage at our room. Huh! By 11PM we were on bed snoring in deep sleep.

    Day9: Gandhinagar- Bikaner (700 Kms)
    At Morning 5:30 AM, we were ready to start. We had a nice tea, discussed the route map and started towards Mount Abu. Nice and cool weather, I was enjoying the ride, And then we spot a sign board (You are at Tropic of Cancer) Wow, always heard and read about this in text books, finally was there. Took some selfies and pictures. Dad always has some craze towards photos, everytime he spots something good, he will be ready with poses and asks me to click. And, when Its my turn he is already on his bike to move on. What the hell man! Hahaha, He clicks mine too. But thanks to selfie stick, It helped me a lot during these situations. I am learning my dad slowly, this will really help me understand my dad and make our bond stronger. We reached Mt. Abu at 11 AM, Extremely hot and taking me back to Guntur weather. We were running little late on time, because of frequent halts and taking pictures, We crossed Sirohi, and were riding continuously towards Pali. I heared about Bullet Baba mentioned by Dilip Bam Sir. So, decided to visit that place. At 1PM we reached and took kind of darshan of Shri. OM singh Banna (Bullet Baba) at Pali, It has a nice story- Please google it. We both were super hungry, but couldnt find a proper place to sit and eat a nice meal. Everywhere it was bakery items. We decided to manage with tea for sometime and rode till Jodhpur. At 2:30 PM we found a Highway Dhaba and had Roti and Sev ki Sabzi with Buttermilk. It was tasty boss. We were unsure about the road conditions till Bikaner, asked the dhaba guy and he said the roads are extremely bad after Nagaur, you need to go carefully. We reached Nagaur at 5:30 PM and Had worst tea ever, It was more like I dont know how to describe that. Started towards Bikaner, and then the off roading starts, The whole body was getting shaked, every nut and bolt was crying loud, full of dust. Wow, After riding 50 Kms in 1and half hours, I realized that everyday its not road of beautiful roses around. Face the extreme that makes a skilled rider. I was literally riding on first 2 gears. It was dark, Visibility was not proper and still off roading, Bullet had strong lights, decided to ride together so that both our headlights show us the way, Its like a coordination ride. We were helping each other, it was a moment, I felt emotional that how biking is bringing us close, every mile we rode was on understanding just by throttle. Certain things need not be communicated, it just happens and all you need to do is just realize it and feel it. Just a day before we both argued for a silly thing and dint talk to each other, and now we both have joined together and riding in pitch dark on worst roads, just to keep each other safe on roads and reach our destination. I was just thinking this all the way and we finally reached Bikaner at 10 PM. Whoa!!! What and off roading, we reached safely with no issues with Bikes. Took halt at a hotel, had dinner and crashed on bed by 11PM. No talking only sleeping

    Day10: Bikaner- Amritsar (550 Kms)
    Woke up at 6 AM, I was experiencing full body pains, thought it was because of yesterdays off roading. Had a tea and we started riding towards Ganganagar. By the time we crossed Bikaner city, I saw low air pressure in the rear tyre of the Bullet. We, checked and it was a small puncture. Now, the search starts, It was early morning and there was no puncture mechanic to open at that time in the city, Finally found a lorry puncture guy. But he refused to fix it because all the tools he had were for big lorry tyres. What nonsense!! We filled the tyre pressure and started riding fast towards highway, After riding for 25 Kms, we found a guy who just opened his garage. And, I was shivering with fever and body pains already. There was a dhaba besides, I removed all my riding gear and just crashed on a cot, Ordered some breakfast, gulped it as quickly I could and had a Dolo 650. I slept for an hour on highway. By the time puncture was fixed, And guess what who fixed it? Dad, the mechanic doesnt know how to open the tyre, Kya balwaas hai be! He himself fixed the puncture and serviced it. I woke up with full sweat, it was an indication that I was recovering. I also took some tools out and changed the Engine oil, and by 10:30 we were back on highway. Sorry, it was off roading again, very very bad roads. I was just praying that nothing should happen to our bikes. Where ever we stopped, the first question was, How far the road is like this, and everytime they say its till Ganganagar. It was totally a test for both of us with respect to skilled riding. We reached Ganganagar finally at 1PM, had some nice Punjabi Lunch. After crossing ganganar, We entered Punjab and good roads starts. Beautiful Punjab full of greenery and colorful people, at times it felt like some movie shooting going on. We started riding towards Firozpur, interestingly we were riding just few kilometers away from Pakistan Border. Reached Firozpur at 4PM, had a nice tea and we were enjoying our ride towards Amritsar. At 8PM we finally reached The city of Golden Temple, Amritsar. Took halt and booked the hotel for 2 days.

    Day11: Halt at Amritsar
    Our day started at 8 AM, We both decided to wash our riding gears, and other clothes and garments. It took and 2 hours to finish the washing and to get freshen up. At 10 AM went to visit Jalia Walah Bagh, I learned about this historic place in textbooks and it was great watching it in real. Took few photographs and had lassi, Tasty. Then visited the Holy Golden Temple, Really it was such a peace visiting that place, after a walk through the temple, It was already lunch time and how can we forget Worlds best kitchens- The Langar at Darbar Sahib, We had the opportunity to have the langar and trust me, it was delicious. Every one there believe in doing service, If you do some service you will achieve godliness. So, who ever visits Golden temple, will go and do some service voluntarily. We both did our best there and came back to hotel, As we planned to visit the Wagah Border (India- Pakistan Border) Retreat ceremony performed every evening. We rode till Wagah and reached the spot from where you can see Pakistan just few footsteps away. We watched the retreat ceremony performed by the BSF (Border Security Force) of India, Watching that will bring patriotism in you, It was also great watching the Pakistan Army too. Over all, We are all humans and these borders and other things are just a line away. Even Pakistan people came to watch their army show, and so we all. What is the difference? Just a border line and few barricades doesnt divide. I was feeling more as a human than a true patriot Indian. The ceremony was over and we came back to hotel, took our motorcycles for washing, and there a mechanic suggested us to visit Brothers Restaurant near Golden Temple for proper local tasty food. We visit there and what a food it was, My mouth is watery now while writing this line. One of the best food till now in journey. We came back, packed our luggage and slept.

    Day12: Amritsar- Qazigund (398 Kms)
    6 AM in the morning, we were ready to ride and explore the new, unknown destination. Had a refreshing tea and started riding towards Kathua. Roads were calm, people going in bicycles to their farm lands. I can hear the sound of engine only, So peacefull. We crossed Gurdaspur and reached Kathua around 9AM. We had delicious Aalo Paratha in breakfast. And after riding few miles, we see a sign board (Welcome to Jammu & Kashmir) Yes, we just entered Jammu area, the total landscape, scenery had changed all of a sudden with mountain valleys, Long trees, river flowings. We stopped our bikes and took a long breathe to make ourselves believe. After taking few snapshots we started riding towards Udhampur, Just at Samba area we stopped for a tea break and I noticed that Our pre- paid mobile sim cards are not working, I immediately changed to Airtel postpaid sim card, and It recived a signal. Local guys said, even though you have signal, but it will only work till Srinagar maximum, BSNL postpaid works all over. We were okay with it, Informed at home regarding this issue and we started riding towards Udhampur, Enjoying every scenery, and off roading starts, climbing small hills. But it was not at all painful to ride, because of the calmness, and beauty of Himalayas, I was forgetting everything. We reached Udhampur at 10:30 AM, we realized that now we cannot ride faster and also cannot cover more distance like on plain roads. Temperature was also falling down slowly, It was cool and nice, Hotels could offer only Maggi/ Noodles, Omlets, Bread and Tea. We were riding towards Anantnag, climbing up and coming down, this is how the routes are. We were also watching other bikers passing by, I always wave my hand and give them a thumsup. We could harldly cover 40 kms in an hour, but were enjoying every bit of the valleys and taking pictures all the way. Now, the roads were narrow, Himalayan ranges were beautiful, calm, strong a the same time dangerous and angry. One vehicle has to stop, if another has to pass. Two wheelers can pass, but at some spots motorcycles also needs a way to pass. My focus was on the roads, just for a second if I try to watch those tall mountains, very next moment I will be falling down the hill. At one side, people are working to make the roads better, trucks loading rocks falling from mountains, and at my left hand side, beautiful valley, river water flowing down. At 6:30 PM, We crossed the Jawahar Tunnel, roads were good after that. I was dark already and temperature was low, We were super tired. We both stopped for a while and discussed whether to continue or not, Srinagar was 66 Kms away and we were not sure about the road conditions and also about the temperature. So, decided to take halt at Qazigund, We had local dinner, and bought some Apricot, Zaffran (Kesar). They are grown locally there and has very high market value once it is out of Jammu & Kashmir.

    Day13: Qazigund to Srinagar (70 Kms)
    At 6 AM we were ready with the luggage loaded, Checked our bikes condition and other necessary startup checks. And were riding towards Srinagar. Roads were in good condition, small villages in between and it was very calm and silent place. Childrens going to school, wearing sweaters and cute red cheeks on face. We reached Srinagar at 9:30 AM, It was a big city lodges and hotels every where. I checked with few, but were super costly. I got fed up and suddenly a man (Ghulam) shows up and asks if we were interested staying at boat house, My first question was how much? He replied 1,200 per day. I said, we will come if you give us at Rupees 400, was using my dads technique of bargaining, It was not a season though, and he dragged it down till Rupees 800, BINGO! If he can reduce 400 in one shot, He can definitely give us for 500 At least, I said the same and we finally locked a rate of Rupees 600 per day. He took us near Dal Lake, and the boat house was superb, It had a drawing room, 2 bedrooms, attached batrooms with bath tubs and geaser, I can state of the art facility more than enough for that area in that price. I congratulated dad for the successful completion of Kanyakumari to Kashmir ride. We both finished it and ready for K2K Phase 2 At first we had some breakfast prepared by Ghulams wife (Family, they stay right beside the boat house), we decided to go for shikara (Boat ride on dal lake), enjoyed the shikara for 2 hours and then came back to visit The Mughal Garden, then we requested Ghulams family to prepare some Kashmiri Pulav, They dont use much ground spices, but still they bring that mouth watering flavour with minimum ingredients available to them. Trust me it was Yumm, 10/10 boss. Me and dad came back from a walk, and we see Ghulams children sitting worried, I asked what happened, they replied that the drinking water motor is not working and they have to travel few miles to get it fixed and arrange drinking water stock for next few days. Dad knew electrical work, I immediately brought our motorcycle tool kit and started working on the motor. And Yes, dad finally fixed the motor after 2 hours of struggle. Neighbors gathered to see if the motor works or not. Every person including me were waiting to switch on and see if it pumps water, It worked and Ghulams wife had tears almost. They dint knew how to thank us, childrens and neighbors were happy. Ghulam requested us not to pay for the stay and the food they served, but we insisted and gave them the bill. Took rest for the day.

    Day14: Srinagar to Kargil (215 Kms)
    It was chilling cold morning, We woke up at 6 AM. Dad wakes up early, Defence rules! He did not allow me to sleep little more during these cold mornings. It had become more like some NCC camp. Hahahha. We packed our luggage and started riding towards Kargil. After reaching Sonmarg, I saw the first signboard of Altitude measurement. Stopped there and had breakfast. I was sipping local tea (Kawa), and infront of me I can see a glacier mountain, such a beauty, never saw it live before. Trying to take pictures, but it is such big that it doesnt fit into my phone camera. Dad was shouting at me that, will you waste your time clicking picture! We had to cross Zozi la (La means Pass) Pass before 2 PM, so we started riding up to wards higher altitudes. Its completely off roading, your riding skills will be at test on these terrains. You need to balance your 250 Kgs motorcycle, the clutch play, throttle play, break application and that too at freezing temperatures. We were riding, no civilization, no vehicle all the way, just surrounded by tall Himalayas. Small stones and rocks falling down on the roads from top, We had to be very very careful avoiding they must not hit us at any cost. After riding for 2 hours we reached the Zozi la Altitude (11,649 Ft) Pass memorial and took few photos. Salute to the soldiers who gave their lives for the us. Then we started riding towards Kargil, We cannot cover more distances, As we were riding up at higher altitudes the fuel consumption was more by motorcycle, Less mileage, unable to ride more than 3 rd gear. After riding for 2 hours, we reached place called Drass (Second coldest inhabitant place in the world), We pulled over and had lunch. Spoke with locals, they were saying past stories about the Kargil War, How these people survived, moved to other places, they heard many bomb sounds etc. It was emotional moment just by hearing to them. Started our ride towards Kargil 60 Kms away. We reached Kargil Memorial, Went inside and stepped in to the spot from where our Army was launching to wards Tiger point at Pakistan Army, I can easily see the Tiger point from my naked eyes. My dad was very emotional and was on tears, This moment only a defence person can understand. He also served our nation for 20 years by protecting Sea. A solder can understand a solder. And there was something written over there, very touching When you go back home, tell them that we gave our today for your tomorrow
    My salute to the solders who lost their lives at Kargil War. We moved on and entered Kargil area, Saw a fuel station and got tank filled, because from now on fuel stations are rare and can only find them after 200-300 Kms. We also had 20ltrs extra cans, got them filled with fuel. We reached at 5PM and couldnt find a place to stay, we were moving further and saw an open place, pulled over and decided to do camping. Yes, we both put our T2 Quechua tent and parked our bikes besides, and it was freezing cold outside on that rains started. Wow! Thanks, now we are locked inside our tent, No food. Waited till 8PM and understood that the rain is not going to stop, we had dry fruits and glucose water and slept. Dammn, hungry woke up in the mid night, its still pouring and freezing cold. Again got inside my sleeping bag and crashed to sleep.

    Day15: Kargil- Leh (220 Kms)
    My eyes opened, and I hear the sounds of rain drops pouring on the Tent. It was damm cold, It clearly means it had rained whole night and its still raining at 8 AM. We were feeling weak and tired, desperately need something to eat or else we are going to faint. Suddenly a person calls us from outside, I opened the zip and see a tall guy with cap on head, asks us in hindi Did you have anything last night? I replied, no. He immediately says, come out and have something, we have enough food with us. I was thinking who is this guy, and why do they have food for us. I came out and see few people, cars and some good looking boys and girls. Another guy asks, did you come all the way from Andhra? I replied Yes. The guy said, we were campling last night just few steps away and we saw your bikes and board-(K2K 10,000kms), They were shooting a malayali reality show there and they gave us breakfast. I thanked god that, May be we both did good to some person, and it paid us back. Lets eat. After having breakfast, Rains did not stop. We decided to move on further, may be after few miles there is no rain. We started riding towards Leh at 9:30 AM, It was freezing cold. Slowly our riding gears were getting wet, though we had rain liner and other protective wear, but our fingers were getting jam freeze. After riding for 2 hours, I was unable to even pull the clutch wire, I felt my fingers are going to burst, same with dad. We stopped at Mulbek area having a cafeteria and removed our riding gloves and we see dark black, reddish spots on hands. Oh no! Is this a frost bite? Immediately took my hands towards the engine, thinking it will be hot? But, the engine was cool. Asked the Caf guy to get us some hot water and we soaked our hands there for some time. Sipping tea, and thinking how the hell we will cover this distance. If rains continue we cannot reach Leh by evening under this conditions where after every 15 minutes hands are getting freeze. We did not stop, and continued riding, After riding for few miles we see a climbing, and understood Another Pass to climb, After a struggle ride We reached the NAMIK LA Point Altitude 12,198 Ft , Stopped our bikes and took pictures and tried to warm up our hands and immediately started our ride. Our Motorcycles, Hero Karizma R was performing excellent, Had no issue of cold start or any other issue riding on these harsh terrains, This motorcycle is proving its best on all terrains as the best sports tourer bike. I was happy riding this machine all the way from home. So, as the same with Royal Enfield classic 350. We were doing regular checkups and maintenance, thats why these bikes were performing the best. We continued riding in the same condition, all wet. Now the real biker was coming out of me, Every hurdle I was able to cross with perfect control and stability. After riding for an hour, we see another Mountain climbing, It was Fotu LA Altitude 13,479 Ft, Oh no I saw up and it was completely covered with Dark clouds and zero visibility. But we were still riding up, Hands getting freeze and it started snowing. Every curve has to be taken properly, High chances are there for the bike to skid. We were riding very carefully and finally reached the Fotu La point Altitude 13,479 Ft , Took a snap and jumped on to out motorcycles and started riding down, as the snowfall had increased at that altitude. The water becomes Ice at that height. Riding down is also as tuff as climbing up, The bikes must be at total control. We slowly came down, I was shouting loud with pain inside the helmet. I was unable to bare the pain anymore, We reached Lamayuru and stopped at a small restaurant. My hands were swelling and was unable to rove the riding gloves. Kept it in the same way near heat, after 15 minutes I could successfully remove my riding gloves and see my hands with small cuts and reddish colour. It was paining, thank got still not in Frost bite, It was due to riding in wet and cold condition. We took 40 minutes halt there and covered our legs with Polythene covers and started towards Nimmu, We had enough Fuel, so no worries. After riding few miles, we see a whole new world, the color of mountains changed to dark grey and few in black. The total landscape was so barren and isolated and scary. I remember the restaurant guy saying about moonland. Yes, he refered to this place, the only place on earth to have a landscape like moon. Wow, We pulled over took few pictures and I also captured a short video, available on youtube. We Khaltse and reached Saspol, Rains did not stop at all, We were still riding and totally like mad people, aiming to reach Leh. There were chances we could reach Leh, but it will be too late in the night. At saspol asked a truck driver about the road conditions, After riding few miles we see plains, We both just pulled the throttle and were riding like a road runner cartoon show. It was Basgo Plains, After a long long time we saw some palin roads. We reached Nimmu by evening at 6PM, and see more people and civilization. Totally wet and no phone connection, We had a nice tea at a Cafeteria, I sticked our K2K father & Son Duo logo. We decided to ride further and take halt at Leh only. It was dark, hardly a vehicle on these terrains, but we were at an aim and never looked back, so kept moving on and by 8:30 PM we finally reached Leh. City with full lights, houses and there were people, Civilization. Took a turn to old fort road and negotiated a hotel room for 2 days, and just crashed at the hotel room. We could barely eat anything because of tiredness, Frozen hands and legs, Pains etc. Just to fill our stomachs we had dinner and slept.

    Day16: Leh- Khardung LA (Worlds Highest Motorable Road)- (First Attempt) Altitude 18,380 Ft
    Woke up at 7 AM in the morning, I can hear a dog barking outside. I opened the door and see the owners dog roaming around. It did not look like a dog at all, full of hair and looked more like a Bear! Yeah, in those areas even dogs have extra hair to protect them from freezing temperatures. Rain had stopped, but sky was still covered with dark clouds, I asked the hotel owner, if we can ride till Khardung LA today? He replied, No sir, weather doesnt look like to go up with motorcycles. I was disappointed, but still had a hope that after the clouds clear up, we will go or at least wait for the Sun to heat up the mountains. We got freshed up and took our motorcycles for servicing at main city. We also purchased gum boots, extra socks and hand gloves to get some relief from the low temperatures while riding. We checked with locals, and they also suggested not to go up to Khardung LA as there was snowfall early in the morning and the route is closed. No problem, We waited till 11 AM and decided to make an attempt, Geared up with winter protection, and started riding up towards Khardulg LA, which is 35Kms from Leh. Motorcycles were performing good, Did not put more pressure on the bike and was riding slowly. After 40 Minutes, we reached South Pulu and there was a check Post. The Police asked us to return back as there is snow on the roads and vehicles without chain on tyres will not be allowed to go further. We both decided to wait for some time, and then requested the officer to please let us go further and if it is not favorable to ride, we will return back. And, after some begging the officer allowed us. There was snow all the way, Riding UP, increase in altitude and temperature dropping with less oxygen to breathe was making both the machine and body little tuff to adapt.
    After riding few kilometers, The road was filled with snow and hard Ice at some places, We slowed down, Bikes started skidding and it had become difficult to control, mostly at curves and turns. We were riding just on 1st and 2nd gear only, If breaks applied, the bikes skid badly. So the technique was to just control the bike on gear power without applying breaks. Slowly we were riding up, The Khardung LA point was another 10kms away and there came a hairpin bend, and just by looking at it I had a sense that this is tricky one and I some how managed to control my bike and took the turn and immediately looked back to see if dad was able to take the curve and then he had a fall just at the curve. Oh No! I couldnt apply brakes as my bike will skid and fall, some how after going some distance I managed to stop the bike and Now I cant run either Its literally slippery, jumped, crawled, walked but reach near dad. By the time I reached at him, I lost all my energy, tuff to breathe as low oxygen, He stood up, we both tried to lift the Bullet, we both were slipping badly but couldnt lift even an inch, Loosing energy 3 times at every lift, but unsuccessful. I was worried, and dont see any one, we both were looking at each other, taking deep and long breathe. We were trying since 30 minutes, we cannot give up at any cost because the snow fall just started, either leave the bike there and come down by walk, or give your best shot and survive. We tried, tried, and then yes at the 45th Minute we lifted it. There was a blurr in from of my eyes, I lost all my energy and we both just sat for a while, just breathing faster. And then we had to make a choice of going further or getting down. We are riders, and we love challenges and we decided to ride further and were riding slowly. Heartbeat was fast, and I was thinking at a point that why I am I riding at this place. I also was thinking the level of confidence and energy my dad was showing at this age was hatts off. He is a crazy rider, Never seen such madness in a rider. We continued riding for next 4kms and then there was a big line of jammed vehicles. They were not moving further because of zero visibility and heavy snowfall. What a day we are having? Dad said, lets turn our bikes back and move down as soon as we can, if one vehicle comes behind us, we cannot turn back as the road was too short to take a U turn. It was a right choice, we turned back and again moved down slowly, Now moving down was double challenging to ride, the bike moves faster while going down, and you cant apply breaks, have to ride it only on 1st gear even at curves and turns. We were using our foot to get friction on ice road. Our riding skills were put to test at this place. I bet only a skilled rider and person having perfect control over his/ her bike can ride at this terrain. We came down after 4 hours and reached hotel. I was totally disappointed because, we were just close to the target and after facing all these hurdles we came down, Even while getting down, I was just looking at that high point and was on tears at that moment, that is this the end or will I get a chance to attempt this again. Many thoughts and emotional moment. We reached hotel and I see that dad was feeling little low, complaining some body pains. I asked him to take rest and with food and medicines. We had mobile signal at Leh, so called family and informed our were abouts. In the evening had our dinner early and slept, I asked dad that can we please attempt it one last time tomorrow. He gave a thought and said lets see if the weather is in condition to go. He was skeptical, But I was sure to do it tomorrow at any cost.

    Day17: Khardung LA Altitude 18,380 Ft (Attempt 2)
    At 7AM, Woke up and see that dad was having cold and felling feverish. May be because of things happened yesterday. I asked dad if he will be able to try for second attempt, Dad said ofcourse lets do it. It was looking like a sunny day, We freshen up and was waiting for the breakfast and there was an apple tree in the garden, We tried to pluck few and it tasted rich. These are not the types which we get at our place, The real apples are exported. We had our breakfast and checked with locals, they said start when you see sunlight up in the sky. We waited till 10AM and we had the perfect Sunlight, We immediately started our motorcycles towards Khardung LA, and we reached South Pulu, this time the police asked us to fill a form to get entry, I filled the form and we moved on, I was happy that if officials are allowing that means the route is clear, We were riding up, and this time the condition of roads were little better, they had cleared the snow, and the ice was melting drop by drop. We were above Altitude 14,000 + ft and we see there is snow here and it was like yesterday. We were riding slowly, and taking turns very carefully as this time we were aware of the roads and situation to handle it. Again the same spot appeared, where dad had a fall yesterday and this time we both cleared it in perfection on the snow, I could see many parts lying on the snow which were broken from motorcycles crash or fall. Now we are at Altitude 16,000ft and I could see a clear dark blue sky, such crystal clear sky I had seen on movies or any earth documentary. The mountains covered with snow and while the sunlight touches, it shines brighter than anything on earth. There was Ice and snow, it did not melt here completely. Our destination was another 3Kms, I can see few bikers and cars moving, we tried to reach till them and were following the tyre marks behind made by the cars, so that it will be easy for us to drive and less chances of slipping. We followed till last 2kms from the destination and then there was a Jam of vehicles. But there was just few inches gap left for the bikers to move, We were riding on the snow besides, for a moment I had a look just beside my shoulder and It goes just down, I had to ride perfectly without slipping, Thumb rule is not to apply brakes, just ride on 1st gear slowly pulling the throttle and using legs to balance, It worked, we rode like this till the Khardung LA (18,380 Ft) point. And yes, We finally reached the point, I just saw that Yellow Sign Board HIGHEST MOTORABLE ROAD IN THE WORLD ALTITUDE 18,380 FT That was my moment of achievement and for dad too. We did not have place to park our bikes there, so kept them little far and came to the spot, took few pictures and jumped into the Army Caf, which is also the Highest caf in the world. We had some biscuits and coffee, Every person there was so happy to reach the spot, It was like a celebration. For some it was an acheievement, for some a destination covered. For us it was a dream come true after a tuff and scary ride. A hindi advertisement from mountain dew flashed Darr kea age jeet hai . It was truly said, totally agree with it after reaching Khardung LA. I sticked our logo sticker at the display board of the caf that we both were here. Snow fall started and it was fast, So we decided to move down as fast as we could. We had to ride in the same way we came up, as the traffic did not move an inch, That moment I felt that this is really tuff boss. I had to apply brakes at few points and was slipping badly, but was able to control. I was more worried about dads bullet as how the hell he is going to control it, but he did it like an expert on snow. We crossed that, and came down till South Pulu in 2 hours. We stopped for a while and there we could take some oxygen in the air. We had 2 ladakh prayer flags, we tied it will full pride on the motorcycles and came back to our hotels. It was an acheievement and dream come true. Happy faces, and successfully completed K2K phase 2 of riding till Highest Motorable road in the world of Altitude 18,380 Ft. Dad was still having cold and fever, so he took rest after having some lunch. We woke up at 7PM in the evening, and went out for some local shopping, buying ladakh flags for my friends and family. Had our dinner at a Punjabi restaurant and took rest for the day at hotel. My special thanks here goes to Team LADAKH RETURN GROUP and Mr. DK PUNDIT sir for helping us with live updates daily regarding the weather conditions of Ladakh.

    Day18: Leh to Sarchu (255 Kms)

    Next day morning woke up at 5 AM, we had to pack our luggage and leave, Dad was suffering from fever, I requested him that we will stay for a day here and once cured we can go. But, he didnt listen to me, He wanted to take medicines and continue the journey. We started from Leh at 8 AM, refilled petrol in tanks and also in spare cans. After riding for 1 hour, we reached Karu. We stopped there for breakfast, Also met a Stuti Rastogi -solo rider from Delhi on CBR 250. We had a small chat, she was going towards Pangong Tso. Dad had his fever medicine and then we continued riding towards Sarchu, We actually had a plan to ride Pangong but, due to fever dad insisted to move further because of roads blocked at Chang LA due to snow on road. We started riding, I had no idea how he is feeling, but He looks dull. After crossing Rumtse, I can see another pass coming near, Now the roads were good but the cold and hands getting froze was the difficulty, It took quite some time to ride up and we reached at Tanglang LA Altitude of 17,582 FtWorlds second highest motorable pass at altitude We just took few photographs and started riding down, we came down little fast and started riding towards Moreh Plains, we had a map with us, so we calculated that at at moreh plains we will try to cover maximum distance and save some time, The challenge was we did not want to stop at Sarchu in the night, either cross Sarchu or stay before Sarchu. Many people advised us not to stay at Sarchu because of lack of oxygen during nights at that place and extreme cold. We were riding like crazy on these terrains, we crossed moreh plains and was getting down a hill towards Pang and suddenly a huge rock was falling down from the slope, dad was riding in front and I saw it from behind it will defenitly hit dad as per my thinking. I was trying to communicate to dad with the help of horn, I tried to over take but couldnt he had to stop, small rocks were also falling with that big rock. I tried my best for some time and then with some my luck and his luck he saw me from mirror, and I waved my hand to stop him, as soon as he stopped the big rock just fall on the road with a great speed, full of dust. I just felt some meteorite had fall right above us. Thanks to god for saving us, We got down slowly and took a lunch break at Pang. There was tent and few people serving food and also shelter bed for travelers. We gulped our food, dad had some milk and tablet for fever. He should take rest for the tablets to work, but he understood the reason, Its because of the cold weather and altitude. He said, he will be okay once he comes down to low altitude and little warm weather, till then we have to keep moving. We started riding up towards Lachung LA point at altitude of 16,616 ft . Got down easily, as we became quite a master for the curves and roads of the terrain as the roads were also in good condition. Hatts off to BRO- Border Roads Organization for maintaining such good roads. After coming down from Lachung LA, we immediately had to ride up to Nakee LA at Altitude of 15,547ft . With this we had crossed 3 passes today, did not feel that hard, but was a challenge ride. After Nakee LA Altitude 15,547 ft the roads were not in that condition, full off roading starts. After riding for 10Kms body pains started for both of us, It was 4PM and Sarchu was another 30Kms. We were also worried that if this is the road condition till Sarchu, then we will have to stop at Sarchu in the night. In the night it is too risky to ride when one person is not well. After riding for 2 hours at 6:30 PM we were at Sarchu, Stopped there for tea, I could see only 5 tents and hardly a civilization. We asked lorry drovers who had just come from Manali, He said the roads are full of snow, and suggested us not to ride in dark. With no option left, as dads fever had gone high, we had to take halt at Sarchu. There was bed facility inside a tent RS150/- per head. Took halt there, unloaded our luggage and the owner of the ten and his wife were old, they make their living by this. They were very good, served us hot water whenever required in the late nights, 24/7 noodles, bread, milk and omlette. In our tent I had the opportunity to make some new rider friends- Shailesh (Mumbai), Sujoy(Bangalore) and Rohit (Delhi). Sujoy was actually our hotel mate from Leh, but he reached late and he also took halt at Sarchu. Shailesh was a crazy rider, He was riding his Pulsar 150CC all the way from Mumbai, just for fun. We had some awesome time together. Dad was already sleeping after having some food and medicine. At 9PM I also slept, at around 2AM in the morning I woke up and had to out for emergency,(You know what I mean). I was scared to go out because of the cold, But somehow due to urgency went out and I see pin drop silence outside, not even an insect sound. I saw up and there was a heaven in the sky. The sky such clear, stars twinkling and a slight layer of our milky way I guess it was. I am very much interested into cosmos. This was a gift for me, I sat down there for 20 minutes just watching the sky and feeling I am in space. After some time, I felt some lack of air, Issues with breathing and too cold outside. I immediately realized that yes what my friends had told was right, this place has less oxygen, there was not even a small plant in the whole area for kilometers. Just a barren land with rocks. Dad also was havng broken sleep, he was feeling the lack of oxygen more than me. Due to cold we wanted to cover ourselves inside the woolen rug, but was feeling difficult to breathe. It was a pain trust me.

    Day19: Sarchu to Keylong (110 Kms)
    Woke up at 5 AM, the lady was preparing something spicy and hot tea was ready. Dad was not feeling well, No bathrooms and so did it in natural way. The water we took was forming ice, had to break it and use it. Lol! We asked the lady to prepare noodles and milk. We had the breakfast and decided to start towards Manali, Meanwhile Sujoy also wanted to join with us as his bullet was giving some trouble, So we will be a support to him if something happens. We started our ride at 8AM, had a small water crossing and after riding for 1 hour, We had a view of Baralacha LA Altitude (16, 043 ft), last night the lorry drivers said it was covered with full snow, and We hardly see a sunlight today which should melt the ice, But we decided to continue riding up and we see huge ice all over the roads. As usual again show your skills here, Were riding slowly and also enjoying the beauty of Himalayas. Few clouds were coming towards us, It was a sign that its going to either rain or a snow fall again. Reached Baralacha LA (16,043 ft) point and did not want to stop there for photographs as the weather turned dark with heavy winds, I tcan rain or snow at any moment, Had a snow fall for some time, small flakes falling on and after a minute I see the road is in white color. Cant underestimate a snowfall totally. We came down and after few minutes reached Zing Zing Bar a yellow tent, beds inside with food facility. Dad just laid down on the bed, we was feeling weak and tired for every 1 hour. Offered him milk and asked him to take some rest. Me and Sujoy was talking about the journey, in some time few Lamas gathered and wished us. They asked us about our journey, were impressed. Again some more Lamas gathered, with their traditional wear. They were doing some arrangements and I asked whats going on, they said His Holiness The Dalai Lama is coming. Wow! Really We had some time, so waited for 1 hour to just have a glance of His Holiness. Was having nice gossip with the Lamas and I learned a lot about them. The Lamas said that He will be late, as there is some snowfall at Baralacha LA. After waiting for another 30 minutes we decided to leave, as dad was also not keeping well. We had to move to lower altitude to make him feel better. To my surprise, We had actually crossed Kashmir border sometime back near Sarchu, And we were in Himachal Pradesh. We started riding towards Keylong, Place suggested by Shailesh. We were riding through water falls crossings, Now we were coming to lower altitude. Dad said he is feeling little better. We reached Keylong at 5PM. Today we could hardly ride 170Kms, due to bad weather and dads fever. We checked in to a hotel which has Wifi facility. We did not have any communication for 4-5 days at home and people were worried. I used to update every moment on Facebook, that also had stopped for some days. I called up at home and informed we are safe and updated the status at FB too. Dad was feeling much better, still we were above 10,000+ Ft Altitude. Keylong is a beautiful place. I had a good stay at the hotel.

    Day20: Keylong to Kullu (160 Kms)
    Woke up at 6 AM, Dad was completely doing fine and fit. Hatts off to his resistance, stamina and strength. Riding for 3 days in fever at that altitude and cold was totally appreciable. We wanted to service our motorcycles and Sujoy also had to get it checked with a mechanic. After servicing, at 9AM we started towards Manali, Roads were not that good, but was used to all types so not a big deal. We just have to cross Rohtang Pass (13,050 ft), Considered to be one of the dangerous passes. At 1PM we had lunch at a place, I hardly remember and we started towards the Pass, Riding up and again to a higher altitude was fun as well as challenging due to the road conditions. As the snow melted the mud had become wet and this also dangerous and more chances to slip and skid. After 2 hours of riding we finally crossed the Rohtang LA (13,050 Ft) point and was very eager to come down as soon as we can, as it already had started snowing. We also see people, riders on the way. I found a rider on Hero Impulse, He stopped me and asked how are roads, I said its okay but not in condition to ride more than 2nd gear. He was very much worried and with pain he asked, are you able to ride more than 30Kms speed, I said no, Its tuff to ride with full luggage while going up. I asked what the issue, is everything allright? He replied that My motorcycle is not at all performing good, It doesnt go more than 20Kms speed. He was so worried that, he wanted to sell this bike after going back. I advised and motivated him the way he had to handle the motorcycle, He agreed to follow my advise and then I moved on. After coming down Rohtang Pass, It was a relief and we finally had cleared all the mountain Passes we had on our route map. It was a moment, and we had a nice tea. It was 4 PM and we started towards manali, Now the roads were little wide and smooth, We were riding little fast, the view of Himalayas covered with trees was awesome. I can see more mechanic shops on the way, Its a great feeling for a rider when he/ she sees a mechanic shop around him. It gives an extra boost of confidence while riding. We reached Manali at 6PM. Sujoy dropped at Manali, as he wanted to stay there, Me and dad decided to Continue our ride till 7-8PM, our destination was to reach Kullu District. We were riding through some forest areas, nice roads and then at 8PM we reached Kullu city searching for place to stay, Surprisingly it was weekend and did not find a single lodge vacant. After 1 hour of searching we found one with huge cost, but had no choice. We took halt for the day had some different food, and slept.

    Day21 Kullu to Delhi (510 Kms)
    Woke up at 5AM and were ready with the luggage, Its really a tuff job to load and unload the heavy luggage on bike, half of the energy is burt in this process. We started at 6AM from there towards Chandigarh. Roads are still ghats, I was totally enjoying the valleys, and trucks of apples moving in front, passing through some tunnels. At 10 we had some breakfast at local restaurant and now gradually we were coming to lower altitude towards main land from mountains. Riding through ghats was like playing a video game for us. We had been riding since 3 weeks now, had experienced all types of terrains. At 1 PM we came down and entered Punjab Border. Bye Bye to the Himalayas, those hard terrains and cold weather. But, I was literally missing Himalayas, Its magical and has some attraction power. I promised those mountains that I will come back. I have my respect towards the Himalayas and will always. After riding 5Kms, 4 lane highway started. What a great feeling it was, after a long time I had seen a proper highway. Its always a great feeling riding on smooth roads. We were cruising more than 90 speed, that freedom feeling. Back to the highways. We reached Chandigarh at 2:30PM, Such a planned and awesome city it is. We had a nice lunch, lassi and started riding towards Delhi, Crossed Ambala. Riding on NH1 was crossing places like Kurukshetra, which I just read in books. This ride had helped me to atleast see the place from eyes which were just part of my reading books. We reached Karnal at 5PM, stopped there for a tea halt and immediately without wasting time we started riding towards Delhi. We were planning either to take a halt at entrance of city or cross the city to avoid night busy traffic. Crossed Panipat and Sonipat and by that time it was around 7PM, so decided to take halt at entrance of Delhi. Entered Delhi at 8 PM, just from there heavy traffic started, more vehicles and was making tuff to ride faster. We entered the city and took halt for the day at a hotel. Too tired boss, no discussion just sleeping.

    Day22: Delhi to Agra (210 Kms)
    Woke up at 6AM, we just had to ride till Agra, as we planned to explore the Taj Mahal for the day. Started riding towards Noida, we wanted to go via Yamuna expressway. One of the best and allowed for two wheelers on this expressway. We crossed the Noida Area and entered Yamuna expressway. We reached near Buddh International Circuit. Indias formula one racing track. Took few photographs and started riding. We reached Agra city at 11 AM and took hotel near west gate of The Taj Mahal. Got freshed up, took our motorcycles for basic service and water wash. Meanwhile had some delicious lunch, our motorcycles were ready shining bright. We went to see the Taj, had heavy food and was feeling lazy to walk around. Lol! That feeling. Saw the Taj, Its a beauty I can touch, feel and see as much as I can. A great example for architecture and design. We came back to hotel at 4PM, how can I forget the Agra Pethas. Grabbed few from a shop and started eating all. We took rest for the day at the hotel room.

    Day23: Agra to Seoni (711 Kms)
    Day23, yeah riding continuously. We started at 6AM from Agra towards Nagpur. Smooth highways and this is the actual North South corridor highway. Reached Gwalior and had breakfast there. I can see grasslands and plains from the dhaba. But my heart and soul was still at those calm and magnificent Himalayan Ranges. I was missing it badly, more than my girlfriend. Yeah Actually. Started riding towards Jhansi. I was recollecting all the days back from day 1 till now while riding, There were some moments where we could have totally gave up, but we conquered those moments and now they are achievements for us. This is life of a rider. In the afternoon we reached Jhansi, and we took a bypass route to avoid city traffic towards lalitpur, Sagar via NH26. We reached Sagar post lunch hours. Super Summer heat, and we stopped at a dhaba for Lunch. Very first think we asked was for Buttermilk or Lassi, he replied sorry we dont have that.!! We were shocked and replied, boss its hot outside and you dont have lassi at your dhaba. He says, Here no one drinks Lassi or buttermilk, they ask only for Tonic (Alcohol) If you want I can serve you that. We were laughing, and asked him to get us some rotis and dal. I did not enjoy though but had it for the sake of having the lunch. We moved towards Narsinghpur, At 4 PM we were sipping tea in Narsinghpur. By looking at the map, Nagpur was a tuff to reach by 7 or 8 PM. We decided to ride till 7 PM and stop wherever we are. We thought the roads are goo we can cover till Nagpur, but soon after riding for 1 hour, the road condition were not in favor, we were also riding through some jungle/ forest could not see properly as it was dark. Small forests were touching and bad condition of roads making it difficult to ride. At 8PM We were at Seoni, and decided to take a halt here and continue the ride by starting early in the morning. We took a hotel to stay, and called up family members that we will be home in 2 days. Had some dinner and crashed on bed.

    Day24: Seoni to Hyderabad (715 Kms)
    Woke up early at 5AM and were ready with our saddle bags loaded on motorcycles. We are riding since 23 days and these Machines- Hero Karizma R 223CC Engine and Royal Enfield Classic Bullet 350 CC had performed superb. Best machines made for all terrains. Hence Proved. We started towards Nagpur, by crossing Pench Tiger Reserve (Pench National Park), I always love to ride in forests, The trees standing tries to communicate something and I ride very calm to just understand it. I know its boring you, but this is what happens with me and trees in a forest while riding. We crossed the forest and entered Maharastra Border, found a small market center and had some Maharastrian breakfast. Crossed Nagpur by 9 AM and we continued riding towards Adilabad, In some hours we are going to enter Telangana Border, Was having mixed feelings, The journey should continue forever, and also the journey is going to end in a day. We crossed Wadki, and then after riding for an hour, we entered Telangana border, stopped for a tea halt in the afternoon. Discussed to have lunch after crossing Adilabad, at Dichpally we stopped at a local dhaba, and surprisingly we find Punjabi dhabas and now were are looking for some telugu meals, after searchin for sometime we finally found a telugu restaurant on the highway. I received a message from Mr. Lalit Jain sir from Wanderers Hyderabad, that he would like to meet us at the Hyderabad entrance. I was happy and really looking forward to meet him as I heard a lot of great things about him. We were pulling the throttle above 90 and were riding like crazy, The adrenaline boost was high as we were reaching home by evening. The roads were awesome, and at around 6PM we entered Hyderabad city entrance and were at Kompally. Lalit Jain Sir, asked us to wait as he had a special person coming to meet us with him. Lalit Jain Sir, reached first and wished us for completing the ride on behalf of Wanderers Team. He asked me about Mr. Bharadwaj Dayala Sir, and I just jumped off the ground and said, Is he the special person coming to see us? Lalit Sir replied, yes. I was super happy that evening, felt like an achievement to meet my inspiration for all these rides I have been doing. He was inspiration for my major rides and the confidence for Hero Karizma R during Golden Quadrilateral and K2K. I actually had an opportunity to meet him during GQ but, missed it due to lack of time on that day. In some time Mr. Bharadwaj Dayala Sir arrived with Jaspreet Singh Monty from Wanderers Bidar. Thanks a ton Lalit Jain Sir for the meeting. Was great meeting you all, We spent an hour discussing about the journey and its a memory. We started riding towards Miyapur, Where my dads sister (Sajida Parveen) was waiting for our welcome with family. We reached at 8PM, happy to see our family members, they helped us unloading the luggage and had some home made food. We informed all our near and dear that we have reached Hyderabad, We also had to inform Media and Bar Association of Guntur prior, because they wanted to do some arrangements for our welcome. After a discussion they informed us to start day after 2 days. We had no choice but to respect their efforts to welcome us. We took rest, washed our Riding gears and was taking backup of all the pictures and videos in these 2 days.

    Day25 & 26 was spent to relax at Hyderabad

    Day27: Hyderabad- Guntur (300kms via Vijayawada)
    Started at 7 AM from Hyderabad, Finally the day has come to end the journey by riding another 300 Kms towards Guntur. Hyderabad Karizma Bikers Club- Admin Panel member (Uday) had come to pilot us till city end. He escorted us till Chotuppal and we had breakfast together. The media and Bar Association had asked to reach the city by 11:30 AM, we were 30 minutes late from the scheduled time to arrive, We pulled the throttle and did not take break for 3 hours of riding. We reached VIjaywada at 10:50 AM. Informed the concerned people to come, that we are 30Kms away from Guntur. We started riding towards Guntur, Inside helmet, I was totally emotional and was on tears. I had successfully helped my dad to achieve and complete his dream ride since 25 years. His achievement is my achievement, He truly respected all aspects of riding. He was never a part of any riding clubs till date, always a solo wanderer but respected lane discipline while riding with groups. This is experience and it counts. I respect him as a senior rider, and he proved it all the times. We reached Guntur Bypass and Mr Syed Ismail- Executive JAWA or Guntur Bar had come with team of Advocates to welcome us, My uncle Ahmed Pasha had also come to wish us for successful completion of K2K 10,000Kms ride. They rallied us till The District court complex. We reached there at sharp 12:00 Noon at the same spot from where the flag off was done. If you remember on the day 1 we started from same spot at same time. This was a co incidence, Sweets was provided by our Senior Mr. Ahmed Shareef Sir, It was a moment, when you achieve and eat a sweet. Honble District judge came and welcomed us with tender water. We gave a short Media Interview and took more than 100 photographs. Trust me Riding was easier than taking photographs. We came back to home, the journey between my home and District court is 3Kms , it looked like 300Kms. Finally reached home, took blessings from mother and family members and relaxed for all day. Next day evening The Bar Association had arranged a felicitation programme for us, We were felicitated by Honble District Judge with momento for the achievement. I gave a long speech about the journey and about the cause we took. Dad had explained the total route map covered and the challenges we had faced.

    We finished #K2K2015 10,000 Kms Father and Son Duo Successfully in 27 Days.

    As I always dont forget to bid my special thanks to these people:

    Guntur Brothers (Hometown Boys), Mr. Dilip Bam, Devjeet Saha, Viraj David, Ravi Verma, Bashab Bhattacharjee, Ali bhai Mechanic (Mumbai), Karizma Bikers Club Team Mumbai, KBC Jaipur, KBC Kerala, KBC Madurai, KBC Bangalore, KBC Hyderabad, KBC Chennai, RoadHawk Riders Surat, NH4 Motorheads Team & Debraj Banerjee, Juie Merchant, Sagar Patel, Hakim Sir, My ex job for the salary and savings.
    Mr. Bharadwaj Dayala for Inspiration and Kaleem MA Sir for encouragement to riders.

    Hero Karizma R 223CC, The best sports tourer motorcycle manufactured by Hero. Thanks for making such an amazing machine. I have personally tested this machine by riding in all terrains all over India.

    My next adventure ride will be a Cross Country. Stay Tuned.

    Khiyar Pasha
    Throttle in Hand, Biking at Heart.
    Karizman- Karizma Bikers Club (Mumbai)
    Last edited by Khiyar Pasha; 01-06-2016 at 06:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Moderator The Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gurgaon/ Kanpur
    435 Post(s)
    4 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride

    Travelogue Approved

    Do share the pictures as well

    A quick chat we had with Khiyar about his ride. You can read it here - Kanyakumari to Kashmir Father Son Bike Ride
    Last edited by The Monk; 01-07-2016 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Added interview link
    Biking is not about what you have between your legs, its all about how well you use it!!!!!!!

    Give your details here if you want to help your fellow xBhpian stranded in your city

    Touring Blog: Cycling in Mongolia!

  3. #3
    Rusted krishna77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Dum Dum, Kolkata
    Blog Entries
    120 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride

    Great text. Please share some pictures!

  4. #4
    Rusted AbhiAvvy13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    12 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Re: K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride

    Read the half T-log (Day-16). Will read the whole tomorrow as now have to go to work. Bookmarked the thread already. Really inspiring one. Hope to get some more from your end like the photos and expenses etc. Hats off to you and your father.
    Phoenix Came, Saw and Conquer My Heart, Forever...

  5. #5
    Rookie ayypankumar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride

    Great text

  6. #6
    Rusted koolsantosh22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    7 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride

    Great share of T-log. Nice to see father and son ride together.
    Pulsar 150 DTS-i(2005-present)
    Royal Enfield std 350(2010-2012)Sold
    Pulsar 200NS(2013-present)
    Royal Enfield Bullet Electra(2014-Present)

    Hero Octane(2011-2012)Sold
    Cannondale Trial SL 5(2012-present)

  7. #7
    Rookie Krish1996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride

    Awesome text. Please share some pictures

  8. #8
    Addicted niku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    7 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride

    Here you're. Was following your K2K ride via pictures shared by few other KBC folks.
    Already I've read one cross country Karizma travelogue. And I'm from CKBC
    Pegasus - 2011* - Hero Honda Karizma ZMR
    Stallion - 2013* - Hero Karizma ZMR
    Nemesis - 2016* - KTM Duke 390
    Enchantress - 2018* - Aprilia SR 150 Race

    --- Exploring Kanyakumari ---

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride

    Hi Pasha,

    want a fantastic ride. Really we should have courage to make dream come true. HatsOff to you. Very Nice to see Guntur Guys did a such long journey. I am also from guntur

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: K2K Father & Son Duo Motorcycle Ride


    Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using xBhp Connect mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RIDE Motorcycle racing simulator: xBhp News
    By NewsReaper in forum News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-12-2014, 01:07 PM
  2. Teach me to ride a motorcycle
    By SrinivasanMumbai in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 04:53 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 05:32 PM
  4. Motorcycle for the GQ ride
    By wanderlustindia in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 12:18 PM
  5. Flossie the robot can 'ride' a motorcycle
    By ravi3488 in forum News
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 05:42 PM

Tags for this Thread


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts