Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 270
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Transporting Your Motorcycle(s) - Universal Thread.

  1. #1
    Addicted surbhit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Transporting Your Motorcycle(s) - Universal Thread.

    I want to take my R15 from Delhi to Chennai. Below are the options.

    1.)Are there any good packers in Delhi who can send the bike without breaking the fairing and other plastic parts? What would be the total expense in doing so?

    2.)Sending the bike by train.

    3.)If I decide to ride the bike to Chennai then what would be the best time in the year to do so ? How many days are required for the journey?(btw the max distance that I have travelled in a single day is 410kms on Zma)

    Which one would be the best ?






    Transportation Experiences -

    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/universa...ml#post1020735
    Last edited by The Monk; 12-17-2013 at 11:39 AM.
    docprashant likes this.

  2. #2
    Rusted Aryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Delhi/ Shillong
    Posts
    18,673
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Topic Approved.

    We have been getting quite a number of threads lately, regarding how to transport motorcycle(s) from one state to another, and many more queries on the same line. Many members (including me) also feel that since it really becomes tiresome, not to mention time-consuming (perhaps even confusing to new members) to post a new thread each time somebody wants a solution to his/ her query about transporting a bike, et al; hence this thread would be an apt place to post those queries.

    @all: Whosoever has a query regarding the same (transporting a machine - process, cost involved, best way, etc.), kindly post it here, in this thread instead of posting a new topic (new thread) altogether. That way, others can also benefit.

    I will keep merging the threads (old, already posted topics on similar lines) here, as and when I keep finding them. Let us keep this thread as an Universal Thread for discussing anything and everything regarding transportation of your vehicle(s) and similar related queries/ doubts.

    Thanks,
    -Aryan.

    The R15, I believe is more prone to damages since it has that fairing to take care of. So, take utmost care if you do plan to send it via any form of transportation (train/ trucks, etc.)
    Last edited by Aryan; 12-13-2008 at 12:05 PM.
    docprashant likes this.
    ...in search of that perfect world - My Travel Blog :)

  3. #3
    Rusted Praful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    5,054
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    Topic Approved.

    The R15, I believe is more prone to damages since it has that fairing to take care of. So, take utmost care if you do plan to send it via any form of transportation (train/ trucks, etc.)
    Aryan, off late there have many threads with same question asking about movement of vehicles.

    How about merging them all into one super thread, albeit a boring and time taking task. But that way one will not have type out the same thing again and again.
    _________________________
    LoneWolfRides©

  4. #4
    Rusted Aryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Delhi/ Shillong
    Posts
    18,673
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prafultripathy View Post
    Aryan, off late there have many threads with same question asking about movement of vehicles.

    How about merging them all into one super thread, albeit a boring and time taking task. But that way one will not have type out the same thing again and again.
    Yes, that is a good idea; I had thought about it but replying specifically to any query can be a little confusing. But then again, by referring to each member, a particular query can be resolved anyways.

    Let me take care of this. Need to search a few threads on the same lines, not to mention merge this one in a new "Universal Thread" perhaps...Let me work something out.
    ...in search of that perfect world - My Travel Blog :)

  5. #5
    Addicted surbhit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How many days will it take to travel from Delhi to Chennai and what would be the best route ?

  6. #6
    Rusted inder.cool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    6,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ya, as praful suggested....everyone who wants to get the bike transported raises a new thread.....why dont the any of the mods merge all the threads with one thread....

    This can help other too...in a way that if few days/months down the line a similar problem crops up then that person can refer to this one thread and get the proper info and take the neessary actions...

  7. #7
    Rusted Praful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    5,054
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surbhit View Post
    How many days will it take to travel from Delhi to Chennai and what would be the best route ?
    If you are serious about this, you need to get in touch with Mr. HV Kumar from BCMTouring.
    A similar very informative thread from that forum :-
    Delhi-Chennai - India Travel Forum, BCMTouring.com

    Quote Originally Posted by inder.cool View Post
    Ya, as praful suggested....everyone who wants to get the bike transported raises a new thread.....why dont the any of the mods merge all the threads with one thread....

    This can help other too...in a way that if few days/months down the line a similar problem crops up then that person can refer to this one thread and get the proper info and take the neessary actions...
    Inder paaji, please read this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Aryan View Post
    Yes, that is a good idea; I had thought about it but replying specifically to any query can be a little confusing. But then again, by referring to each member, a particular query can be resolved anyways.

    Let me take care of this. Need to search a few threads on the same lines, not to mention merge this one in a new "Universal Thread" perhaps...Let me work something out.
    Mods have taken notice and its on their agenda to work this out. It would be impolite to repeat the same thing again! I hope you're getting what I mean!
    docprashant likes this.
    _________________________
    LoneWolfRides©

  8. #8
    Addicted surbhit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gurgaon
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prafultripathy View Post
    If you are serious about this, you need to get in touch with Mr. HV Kumar from BCMTouring.
    A similar very informative thread from that forum :-
    Delhi-Chennai - India Travel Forum, BCMTouring.com
    thanks for info!!

  9. #9
    Rusted inder.cool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    6,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prafultripathy View Post
    Inder paaji, please read this...

    Mods have taken notice and its on their agenda to work this out. It would be impolite to repeat the same thing again! I hope you're getting what I mean!
    Haanji sir, i agree to you...!! And i had read the point given by Aryan.!

    I gave another point for the merger of the threads...!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by inder.cool View Post
    This can help other too...in a way that if few days/months down the line a similar problem crops up then that person can refer to this one thread and get the proper info and take the neessary actions...

  10. #10
    Rusted desideep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    PB03,DL
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Riding down to TN would be a good idea only if you want to save the bike from Damage. i am sure you may have read the thread by Sunil regarding the Comet and i am sure you dont want that all happening to your Bike.

    i remember my brother crying over the left overs of the Fridge, furniture and The brand new Sony Bravia that he got moved from one of the movers and packers. the Bravia came with a broken Back pannel though the LCD was saved and now it supports like tons of Feviquick stuff, the Samsung high end fridge has a Steal beam poked through and the side wall of the fridge is punctured. furniture dont even ask.

    i will try to post up my pics of the Beloved 15 years old yamaha. and show you what happened it when i was lazy to ride just 400 Km and planed to bring it in the Train from Bathinda to Delhi
    |NO WHEELS|

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Universal : Riding Gear Thread
    By MG in forum Universal Threads
    Replies: 16180
    Last Post: 2 Days Ago, 06:28 AM
  2. Air Filters - Universal Thread
    By george katie in forum Universal Threads
    Replies: 573
    Last Post: 11-23-2015, 04:18 PM
  3. Motorcycle tips!
    By Ananth in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 01:37 AM
  4. Universal 'x'
    By omvaikul in forum The Tourer
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 10:55 AM
  5. UNIVERSAL Motorcycle Advertisement Thread
    By 2write in forum Coffee Lounge:Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 02:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •