Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

All the gear all the time (ATGATT).

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bajaj Auto arm raises KTM stake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bprags View Post
    Add me and @satyen to the list too and I wouldn't mind paying a slight premium for the ktm.
    +1
    Even I would prefer the KTM...
    I like 'em Naked

Blah Blah Blah!

Reason is not automatic. Those who choose not to recognise it, can't be conquered by it.
    - Ayn Rand, in 'Atlas Shrugged'

Comment

Originally posted by antz.bin View Post
      I can understand how you feel buddy.. but who on earth gave BAL the idea to get a 125cc... Didn't they already learn about it the hard way through XCD and Discover125? The idea of bringing in an import / exotic is that it should have better specs on paper and it MUST perform better than anything else even if the next best thing is a lac cheaper. If they do bring the 250.. it could have some potential (Because it is a KTM and 250-300 is now the buzzing segment thanks to Ninja, CBR, Mojo). If they still bring the 125, they have already destined it to its doom. No use crying over "People wont buy a KTM because they dont deserve it", The actual point to ponder here is "Why buy a 15 Ps KTM when I can buy a 15 Ps Pulsar / Apache for half the money". Nobody would want to buy something which is overpriced just because of its name, they would also want it to justify the pricing.

Ninja buyers saw sense in the 3lac price tag, they bought it. But look at the numbers done.. it took them 1 year to sell 1000 units.. thats 83 units per month.. for all India sales. Which simply means... they have sold just 3 bikes per state per month. Now thats so not an impressive number.

You would counter this argument with "This is not meant to be a mass product" But thats so not BAL philosophy (since the beginning).

They dont make a mass product = they dont make numbers = they dont earn enough money = they dont concentrate on this avenue any more = we dont get bigger KTMs.

They should understand this right now and not make the disastrous move of bringing the KTM 125 at 1(/1.5) lac(s). We all want to see KTMs riding around in our country, but I dont wish to delay the arrival of Good (not that this one is bad) KTMs due to this disastrous move.

P.S.: @All, When they do launch the KTM 250, PM me. My P220 would be for sale.
      P.P.S.: Not comparing the KTM125 with XCD, Discover, Super Splendor, Glamour, Stunner here but I think people got my drift.
      Blah blah blah blah...
      In short its a KTM bike 'made in India' to lower cost, and sold to the world.. simple not meant for us!

Originally posted by bprags View Post
      Add me and @satyen to the list too and I wouldn't mind paying a slight premium for the ktm.

I wanted the poll to check buyers sensibilities, that should help bajaj as it is the only company that listens to customers.

ps: I recall bajaj and ktm were developing two bike's a 125 and 250.
      As long as you folks add your name behind me in the list I am ok.
      You never know if the 125 is a true KTM (which I am told it is) and priced at the r15 range, I might just buy it for kicks too! That wont stop me from buying a bigger KTM though!

Originally posted by RanjithMN View Post
      KTM125s got a big question and exclamation mark on it right now...CBR250's pricing is really gonna take a toll on it.either BAJAJ bring a bigger KTM and price it along the CBR250 or make the DUKE125 available at 80-85kRs OTR
      - A KTM around 2xx will have to be priced lower than the ceeber
      Unless its out spec'd the cbr by a two digit magin

I would rather see the 250 EXC-F mill on the 125 baby dukes chassis priced around the Ceebeer (preferably lower) OR better still see the 400 EXC in a new avatar @ 2.XX Lakhs
      Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

.: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
      PowerDrift:.

#Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
      #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
      #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
      #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
      #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
      � Satyen Poojary

Comment

This is great news so now when ktm releases bikes in India it will not only be in collaboration with Bajaj but Bajaj will be co-owning KTM. 38% is a big chunk of the pie!!!
        sigpic
        Life's An Ethereal Blur

Comment

@mg biker may i know when will bajaj will launch ktm duke 125 in showrooms ?
          pulsar 150 - 02

unicorn150 - 04

apache150 - 06

cbz ext - 08

Yzf R15 - 09

ninja 250 - 10

Twister - 11

Passion xpro -14

Comment

Working...
          X