Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Look further to stay alive.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bike modifiers - Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey ananz i got a nice Modifiyng shop he is quoating 11k with Fairing and fitting and for R15 silencer look he is charging 700 rs , silencer is same 200 but the cover is changed to R15 silencer with 2 days time.Till now he did 25 pulsar 200s to R15 fairing he showd me pics in his laptop. It was very nice. He has K& N air filters too. contact me ill let u knw.

Comment

Originally posted by anhil8tr View Post
      I would advice you to stay away from the full fairing on the pulsar, if poser value is all that u're looking for only then go for it , pulsar engines as such heat up pretty bad , thanks to twin saprks
      Your advice was valuable, I too wont recommend a full fairing of a Liquid Cooled engine on a Natural air cooled engine.

However, I would like to add that I dont see a reason why should TWIN SPARKS be a root cause of Over heating, if there ever is a case.

If you think that twin sparks are over heating the engine, then please try to disconnect the Ignition cable on the right of the head and see if that makes any difference. It would not.

Twin sparks result in better ignition but they dont give out FLAMES in any case. Think about it.
      Its not about the BHP or the CC, its about one common religion called Biking!!!

Save the Tigers! Only 1411 (excluding ME) are left!

This is my entry in the blogging world!!

Comment

hi Guys,

I wish to fit the P200/P220 type exhaust on my P180 UG4(blue) to give it even more bolder look.
        What are ur suggestions..!
        Pros and Cons..?????

One of my friend told me that it will slighlty improve the pick up of my bike at the cost of mileage..!

should i do it...?

Comment

glamour glamorification

hey guys ... i have a 2008 hh glamour ... well it lacks the glamour ...if you know what i mean .... so can u telllme what mods i can do to pimp it up ... just asthetically .... budget 10,000 . ... i was thinking of changing the handlebars an tyres .... what say

help please
          Last edited by SilentKnight; 02-18-2010, 11:56 PM.
          Livin in the REDLINE district ------------------

Comment

Originally posted by SilentKnight View Post
            hey guys ... i have a 2008 hh glamour ... well it lacks the glamour ...if you know what i mean .... so can u telllme what mods i can do to pimp it up ... just asthetically .... budget 10,000 . ... i was thinking of changing the handlebars an tyres .... what say

help please
            Well changing the handle bar would alter your riding posture and that's certainly not adviseable because the entire bike is designed for a more commuter friendly stance!!

Ya you can defintely go for Tube less rubber provided that your bike has alloy wheels. Modifying the swing-arm/wheels to have fatter tyres at back might help the bike look better but would defintely be a compromise of the average of the bike.
            Twist your wrist and feel the shift!!

My own thoughts - Throttle

Comment

Originally posted by indrajit_plsr180 View Post
              hi Guys,

I wish to fit the P200/P220 type exhaust on my P180 UG4(blue) to give it even more bolder look.
              Pros and Cons..?????

One of my friend told me that it will slighlty improve the pick up of my bike at the cost of mileage..!

should i do it...?
              Well, the P200/P220 is no Free Flow/Performance exhaust, so not sure if there's anything to do with increase in performance, but I do not buy the fact that fuel efficiency would get a hit, becasue I have a P200 and it's fuel efficiency is as good as a P180 !! The only thing is P200/P220 Exhaust is heavier, but at the same time, coupled with Exhaust Tec, you should see some improvement in the torque figures at bottom-end and mid-range.

Pulsars are already heavy machines and adding more weight to the bilke for looks.... I would never advice it... but the last call is yours.... if you wish to get the looks bolder, then go for it as it really looks great... probably one of the best looking exhausts arround!!

Comment

Originally posted by csajal View Post
                Well changing the handle bar would alter your riding posture and that's certainly not adviseable because the entire bike is designed for a more commuter friendly stance!!

Ya you can defintely go for Tube less rubber provided that your bike has alloy wheels. Modifying the swing-arm/wheels to have fatter tyres at back might help the bike look better but would defintely be a compromise of the average of the bike.
                what about changing the headlamps ... i was thinking of putting in a twin set ..... also if i change the tyres and also put in a filter can i make up for the loss in pwr

Comment

Hey guys,
                  This is Mudassir from Hyderabad.
                  Actually i got a Yamaha FZS. I wanted to enhance my bike regarding the pickup and bhp. I have with me K&N made air filter(model RC-1060). i would like to fit that device into my vehicle. Will it help me achieve the desired output. Some people say that it will reduce my engine life, blah blah.... So please advice.
                  Will be grateful to u guys.

Comment

what about changing the headlamps ... i was thinking of putting in a twin set ..... also if i change the tyres and also put in a filter can i make up for the loss in pwr
                    I would suggest you should think of upgrading to a 150cc and +, coz your HH Glamour dosen't offer much scope and putting in Filters, bigger jets, fatter tyres... all over look over kill... it's certainly not that kinda platform.

Technically there are no issues, in throwing in a K&N, bigger jets, fatter tyres on your bike, but then think it this way.... all these peformance mods still it would be 125cc engine producing 8-9 odd bhp.... so, it's a question of the canvas you have in your hand!! So, instead of paying so much on modifying the Glamour sell it off to one of your friend and get yourself atleast a 150cc which offer a much better platform for modification.

Or else, you can do even better...... get yourself a second hand Yamaha 2-stroke, contact a good mechanic and have Disk Brakes, Proton Exhaust charger, K&N air filter, bigger jets go in (this would again cost you somewhere near to a 150cc), but buddy you would enjoy the ride like anything.... be it your daily city riding or any toures you might plan with your friends.

Comment

I would suggest you should think of upgrading to a 150cc and +, coz your HH Glamour dosen't offer much scope and putting in Filters, bigger jets, fatter tyres... all over look over kill... it's certainly not that kinda platform.

Technically there are no issues, in throwing in a K&N, bigger jets, fatter tyres on your bike, but then think it this way.... all these peformance mods still it would be 125cc engine producing 8-9 odd bhp.... so, it's a question of the canvas you have in your hand!! So, instead of paying so much on modifying the Glamour sell it off to one of your friend and get yourself atleast a 150cc which offer a much better platform for modification.

Or else, you can do even better...... get yourself a second hand Yamaha 2-stroke, contact a good mechanic and have Disk Brakes, Proton Exhaust charger, K&N air filter, bigger jets go in (this would again cost you somewhere near to a 150cc), but buddy you would enjoy the ride like anything.... be it your daily city riding or any toures you might plan with your friends.
                      hey man thanks ,.... i was actually considering it .... a little low on funds at the moment but im gona give it a shot ... Thanks for the tip anyway .... great talk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudassir View Post
                        Hey guys,
                        This is Mudassir from Hyderabad.
                        Actually i got a Yamaha FZS. I wanted to enhance my bike regarding the pickup and bhp. I have with me K&N made air filter(model RC-1060). i would like to fit that device into my vehicle. Will it help me achieve the desired output. Some people say that it will reduce my engine life, blah blah.... So please advice.
                        Will be grateful to u guys.
                        Mudassir, you know what bro... you need to do quite a few mods for the desired results -

1) shove in the K&N
                        2) now since there is more Air flow in the combustion chamber, you need to up-jet the carb.
                        3) now since you have a rich air-fuel mixture inside the combustion chamber, you need to ensure it burns properly, else everything you did in step 1 and 2 would go in useless. So, you need to get yourself Iridium tip spark plugs, like the ones you get from NGK.
                        4) Finally since there's lot burning inside the combustion chamber producing a lot of power, you need to get yourself Free-Flow exhaust or Exhaust charger - for which you can contact Joel dude!!

This should complete the cycle

Before that I would suggest to add some extra circumference of braking power front and back to give you that stability in Indian gravel conditions and really allowing to push the bike harder!! I mean having a twin-disk upfront and the a disk on the rear!! Believe me... I've ridden such an FZ and you can apply the front brakes with on hand at speeds of 80-85kmph without the bike swaying a sigle mm.... having twin disk upfront is that stable.
                        Last edited by csajal; 02-22-2010, 10:33 AM.

Comment

thnx so much bro 4 the detailed process...it would really help me overcome the hurdles...i ll try to go that way...till then c ya...n thnx 1ce again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudassir View Post
                            thnx so much bro 4 the detailed process...it would really help me overcome the hurdles...i ll try to go that way...till then c ya...n thnx 1ce again!!
                            hey man thanks ,.... i was actually considering it .... a little low on funds at the moment but im gona give it a shot ... Thanks for the tip anyway .... great talk
                            No problems guys.... happy to help anytime Great you guys liked my suggestions... generally that's not the case with me

Comment

Originally posted by Ananz View Post
                              Hey guys,

I'm planning to fit a R15 fairing on my pulsar.
                              Some where in an article on similar modification the price of the fairing was mentioned around 6K. But when i asked a mechanic he was quoting around 18K for the same.
                              Please let me know the correct price for the R15 front fairing.
                              - Ananth
                              Good thought, i've seen a P200 with an R15 fairing on xBHP too, it looked absolutely stunning but i'll suggest you do loads of homework before jumping into it, 'cause if the job isn't done neatly it could end up a disaster. I reckon you should go for split handlebars aswell. Be advised though, however good your mechanic may be, company fitting is always the best. (Even if it's Bajaj).

Originally posted by indrajit_plsr180 View Post
                              hi Guys,

Pros and Cons..?????

should i do it...?
                              I reckon you should go for this mod if it isn't too much of a hassle. I personally love the look of the beefy exhaust on the P200 & 220. Fuel economy should increase, if anything.

help please
                              Bro i strongly advise you not to go ahead with ANY mods on a HH Glamour, the bike is not meant to be fiddled with . Even if you spend 20k on it you will not be happy with the results. Also, Resale value will go crashing down. I suggest you sell the bike (you will get a reasonable price for a 2008 model) and buy a used '07 model 150/200cc bike if possible.
                              Go ahead with the mods csajal has suggested, he knows exactly what he's talking about.

Originally posted by Ananz View Post
                              hey are you talking about the K&N free flow filter, even that is something i wanna try... so u don't recommend it without rejetting??

- Ananth
                              Go for a R1100 model K&N filter for your P200 without a second thought, the results are great coupled with re-jetting. I'm not sure about the jet size on your bike but a good mechanic should be able to do a neat job. After using it for a few rides you'll know whether you still need further re-jetting or not.

csajal, i cant agree with you more. Silent knight if you can afford a used 150/200cc machine go for it or you have an option to either get an RX-100/RX-135 in good condition and give it finishing touches with mod jobs or one in very bad condition for a throw away price and start from scratch. I would prefer the second, that way you know for sure that it will handle like a brand new one. ..
                              Last edited by Uttam Gala; 03-02-2010, 07:15 PM.
                              sigpic
                              What lies behind us and what lies beyond us are small matters when compared to what lies within us.

Comment

Working...
                              X