Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Keep your helmet tightly strapped up.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Passion Pro worth a buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Passion Pro worth a buy

Hi All,
    I am planning to exchange my pulsar150cc to HH Passion Pro. I have decided passion pro because of the known reliable engine & the quality of HH. Before pulsar I had CD100 & felt the bike was very good for a single driver,with pillion it definitely struggles.

Is passion pro really worth the buy. I need some realistic mileage,top speed figures. Also how much my pulsar June 2008 model would fetch in Bangalore. The pulsar has done 14500KM's & it's is a great bike to drive. Pulsar is sheer value for money & the only problem I am facing is its weight & bit of its bad suspension.

Mainly I am looking for a 100cc bike with proven ability. CB twister is receiving good reviews ,but doesn't interest me as a family bike. Certainly I feel Passion Pro has looks of 125cc bike & does a good job. I had chance to drive a Passion Pro with pillion & I was amazed with it's pickup compared to Libero G5. If some passion owner can throw it's real Pros & Cons,it will be good. Also the current OTR price in Bangalore.

-Ashwhin.

Topic Approved.
    :)

Comment

Passion PRO is 97.2cc. Twister looks much better. Why is it were you selling your P150 UG3? Why dont you for a Discover 150 instead? Looks Plain jane but believe me, That was the best city-use-friendly 150cc bike I have ever ridden.

P.S.: Cost wise Passion PRO = Discover 150 < Twister

@Aryan We really need a cheat sheet for specs of all bikes. Can xBHP make provisions for one? We can save on a lot of What Bike threads
      Advice is a form of nostalgia.
      Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

Antz Travelz!! | South India Exploration Ride | Leh Triplog (Work in progress)

Comment

passion pro is very good tried and tested bike, now it even has digital display.
        "Biking is Divine"

All Karizma Owners Connect With Each Other On the Karizma Group on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HeroHondaKarizma

https://www.facebook.com/AnmolSharmaPhotography

https://www.facebook.com/ThinkDigitall

http://anmolksharma.blogspot.in/

Comment

I am mainly looking for 100cc bike & not looking into Discover 150 or SZ150. Need a 100c bike with good suspension,decent mileage,suitable for family(small kids will have a tough time sitting on twister's petrol tank ).

Comment

Originally posted by ashwhin View Post
            I am mainly looking for 100cc bike & not looking into Discover 150 or SZ150. Need a 100c bike with good suspension,decent mileage,suitable for family(small kids will have a tough time sitting on twister's petrol tank ).
            LOL Why are you even asking for Passion here?? Close your eyes and purchase the Passion Pro....Lakhs of Indians are doing the same thing daily..

let me confuse you read this--

Hero Honda Passion Pro Commonwealth Games limited edition | ******** | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
            Don't Honk Unnecessarily

Comment

There is nothing wrong with Passion pro as such, only that there are better options available now at the same price.. bikes like Sling shot, discover 150, SZ-150 are priced around the same range.. they give far better performance and almost the same mileage give or take 5kmpl.. so if you feel you can compromise on that 5kmpl.. go for these bikes.. coz, they are better on performance (suspension, braking, handling.. and that extra pickup when needed). And all these bikes are as light as passion pro.. so don't think that weight can give you a problem. All said and done.. if you are fixed on passion pro.. go for it, there is nothing wrong with that.. its been there for more than a decade now!!!
              Let's bring down the monster of corruption to it's knees.. please visit http://ipaidabribe.com/

Comment

Is Splendor Pro out in market or yet to be released. I can`t find it`s details in their Site & also no information from the dealer I checked with.

Comment

Is Splendor Pro out in market or yet to be released. I can`t find it`s details in their Site & also no information from the dealer I checked with.
                  Yes it has been launched a few days ago. But i dont think that it would make any sense going for a bike which has been around for decade. Moreover there are chances of the HH to get split up so i would suggest to go for another bike. Why not star city/sport or jive?? They are much better bikes when it comes to power & they have great fuel economy. Moreover these bikes are much more pocket friendly.
                  NOT BEEN THERE NOT DONE THAT

Comment

TVS Star sport looks very small & I test drove Star city & felt nothing great about it. Not interested in Jive(clutch less bike).
                    If split about HH happens ,then for sure the old HH bikes with honda engine will have good resale value . It's my guess

Need inputs from Passion Pro owners. I heard that while going beyond certain speed ,the engine of passion pro shuts down & needs a restart & good thing is that the ES works even in gears.

Comment

If u r interested for Passion pro then simply go for it.
                      Reasons
                      1.From HH stable - Good Service & spares availability
                      2.Uses the same proven 100cc engine though HH has modded it to add digital ignition & self start.
                      3.Good resale value & fuel economy
                      4.All self start bikes can be started in gear with the clutch pressed.

Comment

TVS Star sport looks very small & I test drove Star city & felt nothing great about it. Not interested in Jive(clutch less bike).
                        Well even the passion doesnt has anything great to flaunt about.
                        If split about HH happens ,then for sure the old HH bikes with honda engine will have good resale value . It's my guess
                        I wonder what makes you think like that. Who would like to take a bike whose manufacturer has been shut down??

Originally posted by srpsinu View Post
                        4.All self start bikes can be started in gear with the clutch pressed.
                        No, AFAIK the XCD 125 , star city & few other bikes can be started using self start only in neutral.

@TS:- I think you are in love with the passion & have made your mind on it. Then I would suggest you to go for it. Taking our opinion would just distract/confuse you.
                        NOT BEEN THERE NOT DONE THAT

Comment

As you are said I am more attracted towards Passion Pro & I need real time inputs from the Passion owners. I agree that it is overpriced ,but just curious to know is it worth a buy.

Even though HH use the same engine in dawn,cd-deluxe,splendor,splendor-nxg & passion,I feel there is some difference in terms of pickup with Passion which seems to be missing other vehicles. I have driven all the HH 100cc vehicle except nxg.

Also suggest a good HH dealer in Bangalore. Any idea abt how much do they charge for specific registration number(not a fancy number).

Comment

As you are said I am more attracted towards Passion Pro & I need real time inputs from the Passion owners. I agree that it is overpriced ,but just curious to know is it worth a buy.

Even though HH use the same engine in dawn,cd-deluxe,splendor,splendor-nxg & passion,I feel there is some difference in terms of pickup with Passion which seems to be missing other vehicles. I have driven all the HH 100cc vehicle except nxg.

There is no difference in piccup.....don't think too much..just go for it.because ab sirf style bolega.
                            Don't Honk Unnecessarily

Comment

The stock battery of Passion Pro is 3 Ah.What if it is replaced with 9Ah Maintenance free battery. Will it damage the wiring circuit. Also will charging of battery get affected? With 9Ah It can be used to upgrade the headlights to higher watts & also provide DC connection. Are there any other advantage of upgrading to higher Ah battery.

Comment

Working...
                              X