Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Fatigue, sleepiness, & alcohol are the same.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to xBhp Forums v2020

Welcome to 2020 Edition of the xBhp Forums . As you might have already noticed, the forums have undergone a major upgrade to keep up with the times. This will make the forums faster and intuitive and much more mobile friendly.

The basic functioning of the forum remains the same.

We are still tightening the loose nuts and bolts and it will take some time.

However, in case you are facing any issues or problems accessing the forums or posting here, please do let us know.

Any feedback/suggestions are also welcome!

You can post your suggestions on this thread itself!


https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/forum-a...s-2020-welcome
See more
See less

Tyre, Air Filter n Oil Filter for RTR 180

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tyre, Air Filter n Oil Filter for RTR 180

    Hi all U RTR lovers..
    This is an usual problem that most of us face about the mechanics.. hardly find any mechanic trustworthy.. all of them intentionally or unintentionally tend to forget or mess up some or the other thing while servicing our vehicle. and this time odd i've made my mind to do n purchase most of the parts and lubes myself. so that i can atleast manage to fix them myself (not all) n the rest get it done by a good mech in front of my eyes. after the previous service my bike kind of seems to b very sluggish, n the time for my next service is almost there..
    So, now i would really appreciate some expert advice from u on certain things.

    Firstly, Plz suggest me the best Engine Oil (preferably Fully Synthetic) for RTR 180, along with it im planning to go in for K&N oil filter.

    Secondly, the rear tyre of my bike is some what worn out n has u all know its not the best of the tyres for this bike as it doesn't hold proper grip in wet conditions. So kindly suggest me a good make with better grip n durability.

    Lastly, the air filters. i've the craze for sporty performance, sporty sound n stuff. but my concern is would a K&N filter last long n perform the way it initially does in the beginning over a long period of time? n also would it effect the vibration of the rtr?

    I would love to know ur views in the above regards n help me make my Meany Beast even more Meaner with good n long lasting health.

    Thanks..
    Abhishek N Rai
    Bangalore

    Apache RTR 180sigpic

  • #2
    Topic Approved.

    For the oil, you must tell us how many kms the vehicle had run total?

    Tyres: You can select most of the tyres in the market, they're better than TVS ones usually (in grip). Choose any 17 inch tubeless one.

    For the highest grip and low tyre life, you can choose MRF Zapper-S 100/80x17
    For medium grip (still better than RTR's stock tyres) and somewhat medium tyre life, you can choose MRF Zapper-C 100/90 or 120/80.

    K&N: You can choose RC1060 (conical) or BA2201 (rectangular) depending on your airbox, but DO NOT REMOVE the air box in any case, otherwise it can screw the engine due to dust particles.
    ---
    Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
    Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Samarth 619 View Post
      Topic Approved.

      For the oil, you must tell us how many kms the vehicle had run total?

      Tyres: You can select most of the tyres in the market, they're better than TVS ones usually (in grip). Choose any 17 inch tubeless one.

      For the highest grip and low tyre life, you can choose MRF Zapper-S 100/80x17
      For medium grip (still better than RTR's stock tyres) and somewhat medium tyre life, you can choose MRF Zapper-C 100/90 or 120/80.

      K&N: You can choose RC1060 (conical) or BA2201 (rectangular) depending on your airbox, but DO NOT REMOVE the air box in any case, otherwise it can screw the engine due to dust particles.
      hey thanks for giving me a general idea about the entire stuff..
      well, ya my bike is almost done 20k+ kms.. n amazingly the performance of the bike is still fresh n i wouldn't do anything much with the airbox n mess it up. n regardin the tyres anything better than the stock ones r good for me. cause so far i've been handling pretty well without any skids or fish-tailing at high speeds too..
      Now, that i already mentioned about the oil n oil filters.. pls brief me on that..
      Note: 20k+ kms done..
      Abhishek N Rai
      Bangalore

      Apache RTR 180sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by abhirairtr View Post
        hey thanks for giving me a general idea about the entire stuff..
        well, ya my bike is almost done 20k+ kms.. n amazingly the performance of the bike is still fresh n i wouldn't do anything much with the airbox n mess it up. n regardin the tyres anything better than the stock ones r good for me. cause so far i've been handling pretty well without any skids or fish-tailing at high speeds too..
        Now, that i already mentioned about the oil n oil filters.. pls brief me on that..
        Note: 20k+ kms done..
        Oil filters by K&N? Never heard about that...
        Anyways, i dont really see why we need a non-oem oil filter, unless the stock oil filters are malfunctioning.
        Use the stock ones.
        And in case you are looking for the best grip tyres for RTR, go for the Zapper Y 100/80x17. They cost about 1800 rupees(you can get it for cheaper if you are lucky, MRP is 14xx i guess) and last about 20k kms when you dont drag or do burn outs...

        Since your bike is 20k kms, you can use any JSOMA2 certified oil, i have used motul, shell, servo and tvs oil, and frankly there is no big difference, i currently use servo and change every 2k kms... or lesser...
        Apache 180

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by saipranav View Post
          Oil filters by K&N? Never heard about that...
          Anyways, i dont really see why we need a non-oem oil filter, unless the stock oil filters are malfunctioning.
          Use the stock ones.
          And in case you are looking for the best grip tyres for RTR, go for the Zapper Y 100/80x17. They cost about 1800 rupees(you can get it for cheaper if you are lucky, MRP is 14xx i guess) and last about 20k kms when you dont drag or do burn outs...

          Since your bike is 20k kms, you can use any JSOMA2 certified oil, i have used motul, shell, servo and tvs oil, and frankly there is no big difference, i currently use servo and change every 2k kms... or lesser...
          thank u sai pranav.. but dont u think the 100/80 17" would look less wider than 110/80?
          cause even looks matter. as samarth mentioned is it fine to go with 120/80? would it have any draw back in performance or fitment?
          Abhishek N Rai
          Bangalore

          Apache RTR 180sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Actually, K&N does have oil filters, but the question is, do they make oil filters specifically, or generally for Apache RTR 180? Check it on the websites.
            These are some K&N oil filters:

            K&N KN-138 Oil Filter - 1,199.00Rs

            K&N KN-204 Oil Filter - 1,199.00Rs

            K&N KN-303 Oil Filter - 1,199.00Rs


            For oil, you should now use any good synthetic oil from Motul, Shell or Castrol as per your wish. Because you have completed 20k kms, synthetic would be better now.

            Motul is world famous and quality trusted. Castrol is being used in my own bike with good basic results. I mean, smooth gear shifting, no false neutrals since months now, etc, etc. in my Pulsar 180 UG3.
            ---
            Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
            Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

            Comment


            • #7
              well i've used shell fully synthetic previously n i found the the qualities u said for the initial few days or even weeks.. but then the oil used to evaporate, i could feel the sluggish nature as in an ordinary oil n didn't last long. so i thought some other brands might b better than shell!!
              in one of the threads in another forum i read that even motul as the problem of quick evaporation.. any ideas on that?
              Abhishek N Rai
              Bangalore

              Apache RTR 180sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Anyone knows where the oil filter located in Pulsar 180 UG4 and what is its price? A picture would be better.

                I thought air filter and oil filter are the same. Now I know that the spongy thing is the air filter and not oil filter after seeing this Pulsar Do It Yourself - Air Filter Cleaning - YouTube

                Comment


                • #9
                  i feel its better not to install a K&N filter. its better with the stock filters itself... just clean your filter periodically... that would be better..

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X