Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Hot days = molten tar = slip/slide.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

    The wait finally ends as DSK-Benelli India launches the DSK Benelli 302R today, 25th July 2017. The launch is currently going on in Pune and here's what we know so far

    DSK Benelli 302R directly descends from the lineage of Tornado, which is reputed globally for its extraordinary performance and unsurpassed features. Continuing this legacy, the fully faired sports bike has been designed to offer the same luxury, appealing style, and great comfort in the sub-500cc motorcycle segment. Featuring the Benelli trademark trestle frame, DSK Benelli 302R offers an exemplary performance and enthralling biking experience with unmatched maneuverability, even in the harshest of all conditions.

    We had ridden this bike last year during our #100Motorcycles project, here's our report from that ride
    http://100motorcycles.xbhp.com/tornado/

    UPDATES: The Benelli 302R has been launched at INR 3.48 lakh ex-showroom pan-India.

    Last edited by sunilg; 07-25-2017, 01:25 PM.
    (Been There Done That) x 3.25

  • #2
    Re: LIVE UPDATES: DSK-Benelli launches the Benelli 302 today!

    I just now thought of this and here it appears. Looking forward to the updates.
    TN & Kerala Solo
    Saddle Sore
    Joy of Motorcycling Part 3
    Joy of Motorcycling Part 2
    Joy of Motorcycling Part 1
    Rann of Kutch Solo
    Western Ghats Solo
    True Wanderer 5 Finalist blog
    True Wanderer 5 Qualifying blog




    Comment


    • #3
      re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

      UPDATES: The Benelli 302R has been launched at INR 3.48 lakh ex-showroom pan-India.

      ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

      Benelli has sold 4000 units this year and they are targeting a figure of 6000 units next year.


      Click image for larger version

Name:	DFj_J-MVoAAlrLT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1952532
      Last edited by NewsReaper; 07-25-2017, 01:33 PM.
      (Been There Done That) x 3.25

      Comment


      • #4
        re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

        It weighs more than a few litre class bikes.

        What is it made of, only metal?

        Comment


        • #5
          re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

          Originally posted by JS16 View Post
          It weighs more than a few litre class bikes.

          What is it made of, only metal?

          Ninja 300 = 164 KG
          R3 = 169 KG

          Its 11 kg more than an R3, which is about fair, since the TNT300i was extremely heavy.

          Comment


          • #6
            re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

            Originally posted by HyperRetard View Post
            Ninja 300 = 164 KG
            R3 = 169 KG

            Its 11 kg more than an R3, which is about fair, since the TNT300i was extremely heavy.
            As per dsk benelli india website kerb weight is 198kgs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: LIVE UPDATES: DSK-Benelli launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

              Originally posted by HyperRetard View Post
              Ninja 300 = 164 KG
              R3 = 169 KG

              Its 11 kg more than an R3, which is about fair, since the TNT300i was extremely heavy.
              Ninja = 172Kg wet
              R3 = 167Kg wet

              And this Benelli is 198kg (kerb) which is way more higher than the competitors and produces slightly lesser power and torque compared to ninja.

              Have to wait and see for the ride report to know how exactly it will perform against its rivals. But the biggest USP is the ABS.
              Last edited by dineshaugustin; 07-25-2017, 05:01 PM.


              <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< START WIDE AND FINISH TIGHT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

              TVS Apache RR 310 : 2018
              Hero Honda HUNK : 2011-2018

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

                DSK could have definitely worked on reducing the weight. But Benelli's are over engineered machines and are rock solid on tarmac ( personal experience).
                From specifications it is very clear that this machine is not a track focused one like RC 390. But let us see what really are the strong points:

                1. Switchable ABS - Not in Ninja or Yamaha R3
                2. Metzelers - Yamaha R3 stock tyres are one of the poorest
                3. Can be used as a sports tourer as stance is really not that aggressive and can be used for daily commute (similar to Ninja and Yamaha)
                4. Pricing is between Yamaha R3 and Ninja (ex-showroom)

                Now what may hurt Benelli would be their after sales service cost and they should start offering AMC level costs to this bike from day one. It took two years for DSK to realize that their service costs are way too high and they have to introduce something like AMC which cuts down the cost by 30-40%.

                Now, waiting for powerdrift ride and review video for this. Yeah. One final point, after Kawasaki and Bajaj parted ways, hearing that Kawasaki's service is also way too expensive.
                Last edited by experimentalhead; 07-25-2017, 06:41 PM.
                TN & Kerala Solo
                Saddle Sore
                Joy of Motorcycling Part 3
                Joy of Motorcycling Part 2
                Joy of Motorcycling Part 1
                Rann of Kutch Solo
                Western Ghats Solo
                True Wanderer 5 Finalist blog
                True Wanderer 5 Qualifying blog




                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

                  Originally posted by experimentalhead View Post
                  DSK could have definitely worked on reducing the weight. But Benelli's are over engineered machines and are rock solid on tarmac ( personal experience).
                  From specifications it is very clear that this machine is not a track focused one like RC 390. But let us see what really are the strong points:

                  1. Switchable ABS - Not in Ninja or Yamaha R3
                  2. Metzelers - Yamaha R3 stock tyres are one of the poorest
                  3. Can be used as a sports tourer as stance is really not that aggressive and can be used for daily commute (similar to Ninja and Yamaha)
                  4. Pricing is between Yamaha R3 and Ninja (ex-showroom)

                  Now what may hurt Benelli would be their after sales service cost and they should start offering AMC level costs to this bike from day one. It took two years for DSK to realize that their service costs are way too high and they have to introduce something like AMC which cuts down the cost by 30-40%.

                  Now, waiting for powerdrift ride and review video for this. Yeah. One final point, after Kawasaki and Bajaj parted ways, hearing that Kawasaki's service is also way too expensive.
                  true.. but R3 if paired with a decent set of rubbers, it will be nothing less.. imagine.. 3.5 for R3 + 15K for new set of rubbers, 3.7 max you get a better package than this (except ABS) I heard that ABS is coming for the R3 soon..

                  personal opinion - I feel it's too expensive for that price what it offers, too heavy for track, fuel tank is ok for a tourer, maybe it's more stable during touring and crosswinds, confusing as what it's core marketed at is... like R3 & Ninjas are marketed as track tools but more comfy with big tanks like N3, yeah you can make it a sport tourer.. R3 also to some extent.. just confused what it's supposed to be.. a heavy weight track tool?
                  Last edited by Ajay Vishwanath; 07-25-2017, 09:37 PM.

                  live long.. live happy.. that's the best revenge that can be served to the people who hate you..

                  PDI Checklist here - Emergency Contacts

                  Gear:
                  MT Revenge [Arrowtip] | SMK Twister [Blade]
                  Spartan Helios | Spartan Icarus
                  BB Gears Racer Gloves | Aspida Phaeton
                  BB Gears Tourer| Allen Cooper 1157
                  Spartan Odysseus
                  2007 - 2010 Kinetic Nova
                  2010 - 2015 Honda Unicorn
                  2014 - 2019 KTM RC 200
                  2017 - Today KTM Duke 390

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

                    Post GST implementation what is the ex-showroom price of Ninja 300 and also if we adjust for GST rates would R3 (BS 3) have lesser ex-showroom price?

                    The kerb weight is way too much but the ABS and tyres are a real advantage.

                    Also, what brand of forks does the TNT 300 use?

                    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using xBhp.com mobile app

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

                      Originally posted by Ajay Vishwanath View Post
                      true.. but R3 if paired with a decent set of rubbers, it will be nothing less.. imagine.. 3.5 for R3 + 15K for new set of rubbers, 3.7 max you get a better package than this (except ABS) I heard that ABS is coming for the R3 soon..

                      personal opinion - I feel it's too expensive for that price what it offers, too heavy for track, fuel tank is ok for a tourer, maybe it's more stable during touring and crosswinds, confusing as what it's core marketed at is... like R3 & Ninjas are marketed as track tools but more comfy with big tanks like N3, yeah you can make it a sport tourer.. R3 also to some extent.. just confused what it's supposed to be.. a heavy weight track tool?
                      Definitely not a track tool. It is being more of a sports tourer which could be used as a daily commuted. Of all the options available, only proper track tool is KTM RC390.
                      TN & Kerala Solo
                      Saddle Sore
                      Joy of Motorcycling Part 3
                      Joy of Motorcycling Part 2
                      Joy of Motorcycling Part 1
                      Rann of Kutch Solo
                      Western Ghats Solo
                      True Wanderer 5 Finalist blog
                      True Wanderer 5 Qualifying blog




                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

                        Fine except the price and weight imo!
                        A bike on the road is worth two in the shed.

                        Weekend Rides Around Kolkata
                        My Ride To Sunderbans -
                        Hemnagar & Samsernagar
                        Saagar Kinare - Bakkhali Calling

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

                          Lesson not learnt makes you prone to repeating the blunders! Why does Benelli have to follow the non-illuminating path of Hyosung?

                          If you do not study the Indian market and people's taste, you definitely have lost the game before it could start.
                          sigpic
                          Your bike is way better than babes,only thing is that you need a proper vision to mull over this fact. :D

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

                            Originally posted by pravu View Post
                            Lesson not learnt makes you prone to repeating the blunders! Why does Benelli have to follow the non-illuminating path of Hyosung?

                            If you do not study the Indian market and people's taste, you definitely have lost the game before it could start.
                            But numbers and facts prove otherwise. Benelli has put DSK in one of the front runners of 300 and 600 CC segment. They have made some seriously good sales in couple of years. Moreover Hyosung, which was put in a mess by another partner called Garware, was revived by DSK to some extent. But by then damage was already done and bad name got stuck with DSK. Having said that, DSK should still work towards making these beautiful products less pricier and definitely less heavier.
                            TN & Kerala Solo
                            Saddle Sore
                            Joy of Motorcycling Part 3
                            Joy of Motorcycling Part 2
                            Joy of Motorcycling Part 1
                            Rann of Kutch Solo
                            Western Ghats Solo
                            True Wanderer 5 Finalist blog
                            True Wanderer 5 Qualifying blog




                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: DSK-Benelli 302R launched at INR 3.48 Lakh ex-showroom pan-India

                              Went to the showroom to check out the bike and i must say it looks like a 600, I did not like the front in the pictures but in person it looks good. The exhaust is a little high pitched and not too bassy like the Tnt300. Good thing is it has a gearshift indicator, and yeah they are giving warranty of 4 YEARS, UNLIMITED MILEAGE! Test rides start 1st week of next month.
                              Sorry no pics! 😥

                              Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using xBhp.com mobile app

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X