Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Tubeless tyres are better than tubed ones.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

    It won't be a long shot to say that Kawasaki is out to steal the show at the Tokyo Motor Show. Alongside the supercharged streetfighter, the Z H2, they have also unveiled the Ninja ZX-25R. Quad-cylinder, quarter-litre sportsbike and a perfect gateway to track racing if you are inclined to be on the 'greener' side of things!



    The DNA is the same as that of the ZX-family. An inline-4, DOHC engine, split headlights, sharp front, lithe rear and a lot of character. The Ninja ZX-25R is now the smallest member of the Kawasaki ZX-family.

    Despite being the smallest in the family, the ZX-25R is not short on equipment... not by a long shot. The ZX-25R does not have a direct competitor in the market and so, Kawasaki has only one goal to fulfil; outright track performance.

    The Ninja ZX-25R features USD forks, horizontal back-link suspension, and radially-mounted monobloc callipers. And since the ZX-25R intends to serve as a learning tool, it is willing to forgive a few mistakes by the rider. That is a result of the extensive electronics suite including; riding modes (therefore it features a ride-by-wire system), ABS and Kawasaki's Traction Control system.

    While no information has been shared by Kawasaki regarding the ZX-25R's power figures, some speculate that the 249cc inline-4 might put out around 60 bhp of power. What can be said for sure is that it is going to be a high-revving motor and most definitely, a screamer! And since the 249cc of displacement is divided in 4-cylinders, it is bound to be insanely smooth as well.

    We do not expect Kawasaki to launch this motorcycle in India for obvious (or not) reasons, but we are sure that we'll be hearing a lot about this little screamer in the future. After all, EICMA 2019 ain't far and a motorcycle like that is too hard to ignore!
    Last edited by NewsReaper; 10-24-2019, 01:31 PM.

  • #2
    Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

    Wow.... now all the ninjas are donning same loks.
    The N400, ZX 6R, ZX 25R, N650. All with same front.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

      New bike but looks like every other kawa, but I don't think this over engineered bike will put out a 60HP with just 250cc, that is like each cylinder with 60cc is putting out 15hp. This model don't belong to any known class and going by its spec and I don't think others will follow up on this.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

        Originally posted by sparky View Post
        New bike but looks like every other kawa, but I don't think this over engineered bike will put out a 60HP with just 250cc, that is like each cylinder with 60cc is putting out 15hp. This model don't belong to any known class and going by its spec and I don't think others will follow up on this.
        Agree completely with the looks viewpoint...

        As for power, I'd be inclined to agree with you, specially in the Euro 4 era, but around 50-54 bhp is possible for sure, given than even CBR 250RR makes 38.xx bhp with two cylinders, all within 13krpm & E4 compliance.
        (Giving CBR 250RR example, because we don't have a better modern reference point for now.)

        Also, we don't have a known rev ceiling till now... If its around 16.5 krpm, then 50 bhp at 16000 rpm is not improbable by any means.

        If it really makes 60 bhp without a supercharger, then they might have to increase revs by employing pneumatic air valves and more high end components compulsorily. This might just see its price edging closer to the ZX6R mark, which itself is dangerously around the non-premium litre class naked bikes' mark (Fz1, etc).
        It would still make sense for Euro & other developed markets though, where the usable power, category exclusiveness, and feel/sound at lower speeds would be appreciated.. And of course, its the return of the 90's high revving era!
        Last edited by Samarth 619; 10-31-2019, 05:17 PM.
        ---
        Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
        Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

          Well, finally we have a sound of ZX 25R from the official source, Kawasaki Indonesia....
          Hear that turbine-like sound in the vid below:-



          And this is what Iambiker posts about the bike:- 250cc 4 cylinder, expected to produce 58 HP with a expected rev limit at 20k RPM.

          But don't believe it blindly, we're not official on these figures.
          ---
          Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
          Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

            this is rip Rc390 rip r3 rip n300 rip all 300cc bikes

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

              Originally posted by K.rava View Post
              this is rip Rc390 rip r3 rip n300 rip all 300cc bikes
              Only for Indonesia for now though..

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

                Originally posted by jazzysaravana View Post
                Only for Indonesia for now though..
                why only indonesians deserves good

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

                  Yes and the price, also rip all other bikes too
                  Originally posted by K.rava View Post
                  this is rip Rc390 rip r3 rip n300 rip all 300cc bikes
                  Last edited by Zapps; 01-17-2020, 12:31 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

                    Originally posted by K.rava View Post
                    this is rip Rc390 rip r3 rip n300 rip all 300cc bikes
                    No Bro,

                    As stated above, and being a 4 cylinder inline engine, the price will be very very close 600 cc.
                    An Indian will always go for the higher displacement twin than a 250cc inline 4.

                    Moreover the usable power band will also play a major factor.
                    You can't keep the bike revving at 14 thousand rpm at all times on public roads, you will need a racetrack for that.
                    So this will be a pure blood track focused tool. Considering there are less number of race tracks in Indian than our fingers and even the track focused bikes like RC390 and R15 spend all their life on public roads, this will not be a good choice for an average Indian biker.

                    Having said that nothing is impossible if you have will. I myself tour on my R15 V2, so this can be used on public roads if someone is hell bent on it.

                    Still I do hope they launch it in India, It would be a good crazy laugh if nothing else.
                    I would like to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for being always by my side and my fingers; I could always count on them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

                      Originally posted by Ankey View Post
                      No Bro,

                      As stated above, and being a 4 cylinder inline engine, the price will be very very close 600 cc.
                      An Indian will always go for the higher displacement twin than a 250cc inline 4.

                      Moreover the usable power band will also play a major factor.
                      You can't keep the bike revving at 14 thousand rpm at all times on public roads, you will need a racetrack for that.
                      So this will be a pure blood track focused tool. Considering there are less number of race tracks in Indian than our fingers and even the track focused bikes like RC390 and R15 spend all their life on public roads, this will not be a good choice for an average Indian biker.

                      Having said that nothing is impossible if you have will. I myself tour on my R15 V2, so this can be used on public roads if someone is hell bent on it.

                      Still I do hope they launch it in India, It would be a good crazy laugh if nothing else.
                      yeah thats what i dont like . indian people got no chill .. always going for value for money thing .. when i was buying for v3 .. others were saying buy hornet buy glamour they are cheap. but i listined to my heart and bought v3 . same goes for rc125 people complain about its price but they dont understand the technology behind it . i would loved to buy the rc125 in future .. people will buy a outdated 600cc bike like tnt600 but not buy a highly advanced next gen 250cc which is totally out of league. VMF and bigger cc thats what indian peoples only knows. hope the next generation of young indians appreciate the new technologies. coz 4 of my college friends bought the rc125 despite it costs 1.6lakh and in person the bike is lit.. i have faith in the young generation of my fellow indians..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

                        Originally posted by K.rava View Post
                        yeah thats what i dont like . indian people got no chill .. always going for value for money thing .. when i was buying for v3 .. others were saying buy hornet buy glamour they are cheap. but i listined to my heart and bought v3 . same goes for rc125 people complain about its price but they dont understand the technology behind it . i would loved to buy the rc125 in future .. people will buy a outdated 600cc bike like tnt600 but not buy a highly advanced next gen 250cc which is totally out of league. VMF and bigger cc thats what indian peoples only knows. hope the next generation of young indians appreciate the new technologies. coz 4 of my college friends bought the rc125 despite it costs 1.6lakh and in person the bike is lit.. i have faith in the young generation of my fellow indians..
                        Fair enough on the cost bro.

                        But my more than a decade of experience on various motors say that it is still not possible to keep an engine revving at 14 thousand rpm to keep the bike in power band.
                        As I told you before, I myself own a very rev happy 2014 R15 V2 which I am enjoying immensely since the last 6 years. It is hard to maintain a high RPM an Indian bike and I am talking about 7-8 thousand on my R15, forget about keeping a 4 cylinder pot spinning on 14 thousand RPM.

                        Coming down to outdated 600 cc bikes, that is just laughable, a Ninja 650 or Z650 or a CBR600F or a CB600R are not outdated by any means, a 250CC costing just as much will not sell in good numbers, be it in India or abroad.

                        Having said that, it is your money and by all means buy anything that makes you happy and brings you joy.
                        It is just a matter of opinions and you don't have to make it a generation war. I'm 28 by the way.
                        Last edited by Ankey; 01-16-2020, 05:47 PM.
                        I would like to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for being always by my side and my fingers; I could always count on them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

                          Originally posted by Ankey View Post
                          Fair enough on the cost bro.

                          But my more than a decade of experience on various motors say that it is still not possible to keep an engine revving at 14 thousand rpm to keep the bike in power band.
                          As I told you before, I myself own a very rev happy 2014 R15 V2 which I am enjoying immensely since the last 6 years. It is hard to maintain a high RPM an Indian bike and I am talking about 7-8 thousand on my R15, forget about keeping a 4 cylinder pot spinning on 14 thousand RPM.

                          Coming down to outdated 600 cc bikes, that is just laughable, a Ninja 650 or Z650 or a CBR600F or a CB600R are not outdated by any means, a 250CC costing just as much will not sell in good numbers, be it in India or abroad.

                          Having said that, it is your money and by all means buy anything that makes you happy and brings you joy.
                          It is just a matter of opinions and you don't have to make it a generation war. I'm 28 by the way.
                          i dont know why you kept pointing on the 14k rpm range .. everyother superbikes or track bike like hayabusa , ktmrc390 r3 they can all rev high and can cross 180kmph. but that dosent mean people ride at the rpm all the time..
                          its to use when needed ..so by your logic that means all superbikes are useless as they also rev 14-16k rpm and people should buy only commuter bikes that goes 60-100kmph.

                          its not about sales figure .. some motorbikes are not to sell in mass .. its for the enthusiast.thanks for developing the motorbike community . now i got your point people should not change.. all people should buy a commuter bike . and if people buy a different bike then we should all laugh at him .. good. thanks and good bye.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

                            Originally posted by K.rava View Post
                            yeah thats what i dont like . indian people got no chill .. always going for value for money thing .. when i was buying for v3 .. others were saying buy hornet buy glamour they are cheap. but i listined to my heart and bought v3 . same goes for rc125 people complain about its price but they dont understand the technology behind it . i would loved to buy the rc125 in future .. people will buy a outdated 600cc bike like tnt600 but not buy a highly advanced next gen 250cc which is totally out of league. VMF and bigger cc thats what indian peoples only knows. hope the next generation of young indians appreciate the new technologies. coz 4 of my college friends bought the rc125 despite it costs 1.6lakh and in person the bike is lit.. i have faith in the young generation of my fellow indians..
                            Nowadays even young generation wants higher displacement bikes, even school kids go for RC or Duke 390's nowadays.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R: 1/4th the litre, 4x the cylinders!

                              Aug for log bolte hain ki, paise kahan hai/bahot mandi hai.

                              I've seen folks who wouldn't even have a learner's licence, driving Fortuner like a maniac & tuition going kids on RC. The worst folks are R15 and Duke/RC kids racing along the streets on weekends.
                              Originally posted by #bpk View Post
                              Nowadays even young generation wants higher displacement bikes, even school kids go for RC or Duke 390's nowadays.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X