Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Careful with that leaking water tanker ahead.

Our Partners



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Honda's plan for FY’2018-19 and strategies for 2020 announced

  1. #1
    Official xBhp NewsMonger
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    2,423
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Honda's plan for FY’2018-19 and strategies for 2020 announced

    Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) announces its plans for the Indian market for FY’18-19. Honda's plan includes strategies for 2020 as well. Honda recently created a new world record. They became the only company in India and the world to add 1 million incremental sales in one year.

    In line with Honda’s business direction to Lead in India and the World with Quantity and Quality, Mr. Minoru Kato -President and CEO, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “India is already the Number One contributor to Honda’s global two-wheeler business. Our record sales have set a solid foundation in 2017-18 and Honda 2wheelers India will further consolidate its position in 2018-19 as we get ready to lead the biggest paradigm shift of 2020. Moving ahead with the same momentum on back of customer demand, we will invest close to Rs. 800 crore as we aim for double digit growth for the third consecutive year in a row as well.”


    Honda's Plan for FY’2018-19


    In this fiscal, Honda's plan is to launch a brand new model and upgrade 18 of its products. The next step according to Honda will be network expansion. They will further expand its reach to 6,000 touchpoints with key focus on hinterlands. Honda Best Deal network is the industry’s first pre-owned two-wheeler business by any manufacturer. It is set to expand to close at 250 touchpoints this year.

    The trend nowadays shows that the replacement period for two wheelers has reduced from 5-7 years to 3-5 years. Honda’s existing customer base of 36 million valued customers will drive new opportunities of growth. Aiming to lead in customer satisfaction, Honda will introduce Honda Joy Club – a unique customer loyalty program in 2018.


    Strategy for 2020


    Honda's plan includes working on its vision of Leading in India and the World with QUANTITY and QUALITY in below areas:

    BS-VI taskforce leads Honda’s migration to world standards:

    As part of future preparedness before the big jump to new BSVI norms in 2020, Honda’s cross-functional BS-VI task-force from Sales, Engineering, R&D, Purchase and Quality is proactively working on the primary objective of strengthening quality, product planning with cost competitiveness. Honda has also pro-actively announced its BS-VI roadmap with its suppliers to ensure a smooth and timely product portfolio upgradation

    New Organization to push Brand Power to next level:


    Honda has created a new Brand and Communication operation. This is done to further differentiate brand Honda and strengthen its power among all stakeholders. The new operation’s mandate includes Road safety promotion & Racing DNA of Honda through Motorsports. These are the two core pillars of Honda brand globally.

    Performance in 2017-2018


    Elaborating on Honda’s performance in 2017-18, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “2017-18 was a historic year for Honda in more than one way. Honda 2Wheelers India is the only two-wheeler company in the world to grow at a pace witnessed never before, adding 1 million plus incremental customers in a single year. Led by strong demand in both domestic and exports front, Honda’s sales apexed at 6,123,886unitswith 22% growth. Honda successfully consolidated leadership further in scooter segment while aggressively gaining new motorcycle customers. The aggressive launch of 4 brand new models, new capacity infusion and addition of 500 new outlets propelled Honda’s growth story further and set the solid foundation for future growth.”



    Left to Right - Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President Honda 2Wheelers India. Mr. Minoru Kato, President & CEO, Honda 2Wheelers India. Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President, Brand & Communication, Honda 2Wheelers India.

  2. #2
    Rookie sjegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda's plan for FY’2018-19 and strategies for 2020 announced

    Let's just hope its not another scooter that has the same heart as Active & Dio!

    Quote Originally Posted by NewsReaper View Post
    Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) announces its plans for the Indian market for FY’18-19. Honda's plan includes strategies for 2020 as well. Honda recently created a new world record. They became the only company in India and the world to add 1 million incremental sales in one year.

    In line with Honda’s business direction to Lead in India and the World with Quantity and Quality, Mr. Minoru Kato -President and CEO, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “India is already the Number One contributor to Honda’s global two-wheeler business. Our record sales have set a solid foundation in 2017-18 and Honda 2wheelers India will further consolidate its position in 2018-19 as we get ready to lead the biggest paradigm shift of 2020. Moving ahead with the same momentum on back of customer demand, we will invest close to Rs. 800 crore as we aim for double digit growth for the third consecutive year in a row as well.”


    Honda's Plan for FY’2018-19


    In this fiscal, Honda's plan is to launch a brand new model and upgrade 18 of its products. The next step according to Honda will be network expansion. They will further expand its reach to 6,000 touchpoints with key focus on hinterlands. Honda Best Deal network is the industry’s first pre-owned two-wheeler business by any manufacturer. It is set to expand to close at 250 touchpoints this year.

    The trend nowadays shows that the replacement period for two wheelers has reduced from 5-7 years to 3-5 years. Honda’s existing customer base of 36 million valued customers will drive new opportunities of growth. Aiming to lead in customer satisfaction, Honda will introduce Honda Joy Club – a unique customer loyalty program in 2018.


    Strategy for 2020


    Honda's plan includes working on its vision of Leading in India and the World with QUANTITY and QUALITY in below areas:

    BS-VI taskforce leads Honda’s migration to world standards:

    As part of future preparedness before the big jump to new BSVI norms in 2020, Honda’s cross-functional BS-VI task-force from Sales, Engineering, R&D, Purchase and Quality is proactively working on the primary objective of strengthening quality, product planning with cost competitiveness. Honda has also pro-actively announced its BS-VI roadmap with its suppliers to ensure a smooth and timely product portfolio upgradation

    New Organization to push Brand Power to next level:


    Honda has created a new Brand and Communication operation. This is done to further differentiate brand Honda and strengthen its power among all stakeholders. The new operation’s mandate includes Road safety promotion & Racing DNA of Honda through Motorsports. These are the two core pillars of Honda brand globally.

    Performance in 2017-2018


    Elaborating on Honda’s performance in 2017-18, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “2017-18 was a historic year for Honda in more than one way. Honda 2Wheelers India is the only two-wheeler company in the world to grow at a pace witnessed never before, adding 1 million plus incremental customers in a single year. Led by strong demand in both domestic and exports front, Honda’s sales apexed at 6,123,886unitswith 22% growth. Honda successfully consolidated leadership further in scooter segment while aggressively gaining new motorcycle customers. The aggressive launch of 4 brand new models, new capacity infusion and addition of 500 new outlets propelled Honda’s growth story further and set the solid foundation for future growth.”



    Left to Right - Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President Honda 2Wheelers India. Mr. Minoru Kato, President & CEO, Honda 2Wheelers India. Mr. Prabhu Nagaraj, Vice President, Brand & Communication, Honda 2Wheelers India.
    Jegan Somu aka Motowanderer

    .:Instagram:. || .:Facebook:. || .:Twitter:.

    "We must take adventures in order to know where we truly belong"

  3. #3
    Rusted vivek_k_p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bangalore, Palakkad, London
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda's plan for FY’2018-19 and strategies for 2020 announced

    No one really cares about Honda India's plans.
    Suzuki GS150R(Balck) 2009- 2012
    Yamaha R15 V2(LE white) 2012 and Honda Dio V2 Matte

  4. #4
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guwahati, Bangalore
    Posts
    358
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda's plan for FY’2018-19 and strategies for 2020 announced

    Quote Originally Posted by vivek_k_p View Post
    No one really cares about Honda India's plans.
    Share prices and sale figures would disagree with your statement.

  5. #5
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda's plan for FY’2018-19 and strategies for 2020 announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Manan View Post
    Share prices and sale figures would disagree with your statement.
    I am yet to see honda listed on exchange so share price is out of window. Sales figures, they got the market on platter from Bajaj.... these 800 crores will be spend in building new prod line for Activa 6--7-8-9-10-....... line and churn out variants of Yuga and hornets..last i heard they have hired designers from hero.... no doubt they are designing stickers and developing new colors...

    No offence though...

  6. #6
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guwahati, Bangalore
    Posts
    358
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda's plan for FY’2018-19 and strategies for 2020 announced

    Quote Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
    I am yet to see honda listed on exchange so share price is out of window. Sales figures, they got the market on platter from Bajaj.... these 800 crores will be spend in building new prod line for Activa 6--7-8-9-10-....... line and churn out variants of Yuga and hornets..last i heard they have hired designers from hero.... no doubt they are designing stickers and developing new colors...

    No offence though...
    Does not matter, they are leading currently and are responding to the market, if the market is ripe for gearless scooters and 150-160 bikes so be it.

  7. #7
    Rusted vivek_k_p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bangalore, Palakkad, London
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Honda's plan for FY’2018-19 and strategies for 2020 announced

    Quote Originally Posted by Manan View Post
    Share prices and sale figures would disagree with your statement.
    Like Sushilkumar mentioned Honda is not listed on the exchange.
    Even when that happens, as a biker, what I am buying from them is their bike, not their shares.


    So all I care about the what bike I get for the money I pay.
    From another manufacturer, if I get a better product for the same price, I will go for it.

    No offense
    Suzuki GS150R(Balck) 2009- 2012
    Yamaha R15 V2(LE white) 2012 and Honda Dio V2 Matte

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 3 Weeks Ago, 04:41 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2017, 09:23 PM
  3. 2018 British Talent Cup Calendar Announced
    By NewsReaper in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2017, 08:11 PM
  4. Honda unveils the 2018 CB1000R at EICMA 2017
    By NewsReaper in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2017, 09:17 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-04-2017, 02:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •