Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Practice slow-speed riding.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,272
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

    Not too long ago, Benelli opened the bookings for the Imperiale 400 in India for a token amount of INR 4,000/-. And finally, the Italian marquee has launched the retro-cruiser in India and it is priced at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India).



    The Benelli Imperiale was first unveiled at the 2017 edition of EICMA in Milan. Strongly recalling the tradition and legend of the House of Pesaro, with the Imperiale 400, Benelli reinterprets a historic model of the Benelli-MotoBi range produced in the 1950s.

    It is powered by a 373.5cc single-cylinder engine that makes ~20 bhp of power at 5,500 rpm and 29 Nm of torque at 4,500 rpm. The power is transmitted to the rear wheels via a 5-speed transmission.

    The Benelli Imperiale 400 has a double-cradle frame made of steel tubes and plates. The front suspension features a telescopic fork with legs having a 41 mm diameter and 110 mm travel, while the rear has a swinging arm with double shock absorber and travel of 65 mm.

    The braking system of the Imperiale 400 features a 300 mm diameter floating disc on the front with two-piston callipers and a 240 mm disc with single-piston calliper at the rear. ABS is available as standard. The aluminium alloy rims have different diameters; 19" on the front end, 18" on the back, respectively, mounting 110/90 and 130/80 tyres.

    The motorcycle will be assembled at the Italian brand's assembly facility near Hyderabad. It will also come with a 3-year/unlimited km warranty as standard and is offered in three colour options – Red, Black and Chrome.

    Benelli has managed to price the Imperiale 400 very competitively and some of the credit for that goes to the localisation of parts. But at any rate, the Imperiale 400 does seem like a very, very interesting proposition for someone out in the market for a retro-cruiser.
    Last edited by xBhp; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Rusted princesirohi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pune -- Mumbai
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

    So, its trying to do, what Dominar and Jawa tried and failed

  3. #3
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    933
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

    I think this is a rather clever move by Benelli, it is nicely positioned both w.r.t power and price, 400cc priced at less that what RE350 sells for. There should be a good number of people who will walk-in to check this out as we have a good demand for classic cruisers and there is no serious alternative to RE so far. One thing which could work in the favour is that their quality of electricals and parts should definitely be better than RE.

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Mohali
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

    This bike might shoot the sales of benelli because it is perfectly priced and is smooth to ride. I took a test ride of this bike, feels so premium.

  5. #5
    Rusted Zapps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Ludhiana, Punjab
    Posts
    838
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

    Quote Originally Posted by princesirohi View Post
    So, its trying to do, what Dominar and Jawa tried and failed
    Do you read or understand bikes at all? They are not doing what Dominar and Jawa tried with a more CR modern engine, rather they are offering just the kinda engine RE has and quite similar looks too.

    Folks would go for this if thet want RE but with better quality, fit and finish.
    Abhishekilke likes this.

  6. #6
    Rusted princesirohi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pune -- Mumbai
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

    No, your highness majesty, nobody except you undertand anything.

    Mind your language and choose your words carefuly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapps View Post
    Do you read or understand bikes at all? They are not doing what Dominar and Jawa tried with a more CR modern engine, rather they are offering just the kinda engine RE has and quite similar looks too.

    Folks would go for this if thet want RE but with better quality, fit and finish.

  7. #7
    Rusted Zapps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Ludhiana, Punjab
    Posts
    838
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

    Quote Originally Posted by princesirohi View Post
    No, your highness majesty, nobody except you undertand anything.

    Mind your language and choose your words carefuly.
    Don't make useless comments to increase your post points then, buddy!

  8. #8
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    1,732
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

    Quote Originally Posted by princesirohi View Post
    So, its trying to do, what Dominar and Jawa tried and failed
    Yeah, the goal of both jawa and domi is to beat RE in terms of sales. But they failed, so now benelli is trying hard to push it's sales.

  9. #9
    Rusted princesirohi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pune -- Mumbai
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapps View Post
    Don't make useless comments to increase your post points then, buddy!
    the illusion is in your mind. now-a-days i hardly post on xbhp. nobody is trying to increase post count.

    but surely you are trying to do so, thats why all this.

    my point is completely valid and yours not. dont be a keyboard warrior.

    its not the type of engine that matters or build quality. the buyers of Royal Enfield specially Bullet 350, does not buy it for all these reasons. even with much fanfare and commercial promotions and aggresive marketing, both dominar and jawa failed miserably to capture the bullet market.

    now, benelli wants to try its hand, coz its a lucrative segment, but most probably will not succeed.

    with this i rest my case, and do not want to drag on this useless discussion.

    whether you agree to someone or not, everybody has a right of opinion, and here at xBhp, we have a tradition of healthy debates and not personalized attacks.

    this is not facebook, catchy titles, clickbate links, and delibrate arguments just to become famous, does not work here, so better refrain from it.

    its an advise.

  10. #10
    Rusted Zapps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Ludhiana, Punjab
    Posts
    838
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Benelli Imperiale 400 launched at INR 1.69 lakh (Ex-Showroom, India)

    Quote Originally Posted by princesirohi View Post
    the illusion is in your mind. now-a-days i hardly post on xbhp. nobody is trying to increase post count.

    but surely you are trying to do so, thats why all this.

    my point is completely valid and yours not. dont be a keyboard warrior.

    its not the type of engine that matters or build quality. the buyers of Royal Enfield specially Bullet 350, does not buy it for all these reasons. even with much fanfare and commercial promotions and aggresive marketing, both dominar and jawa failed miserably to capture the bullet market.

    now, benelli wants to try its hand, coz its a lucrative segment, but most probably will not succeed.

    with this i rest my case, and do not want to drag on this useless discussion.

    whether you agree to someone or not, everybody has a right of opinion, and here at xBhp, we have a tradition of healthy debates and not personalized attacks.

    this is not facebook, catchy titles, clickbate links, and delibrate arguments just to become famous, does not work here, so better refrain from it.

    its an advise.
    You were simply pasting one liners that make no sense. Comparing Jawa and Dominar to RE and Imp. On one hand we have high CR and liquid cooled modern engines and on other we have huge stroke thumpers with a very relaxed and low revving engines.

    There's no comparison here, please refrain from such one liner comments and kindly actually contribute to the topic being discussed.
    #bpk likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2019, 07:50 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-10-2019, 01:48 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2019, 08:13 PM
  4. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-13-2019, 12:07 AM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-27-2017, 10:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •