Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Dawn & dusk make slight hard to adjust.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

    Hi guys,

    Planning to ride from Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar during December 25th-December 28th . The tentative ride plan is here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WHo/edit#gid=0

    Guys I need some suggestions if the main route plan is good enough or I should take the alternate plan (which is 595km)

    I also need to know if I can ride form Rameswaram to Dhanuskodi because I have heard its completely sand riding.

    Apart from that any other general suggestions specific to this ride are welcome. Thanks a lot in advance.
    -Rahul

    Keep Riding-Ride Safe

    Benefits of wearing a helmet

    Ride to Kolli Hills

  • #2
    Re: Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

    Query Approved
    Biking is not about what you have between your legs, its all about how well you use it!!!!!!!

    Give your details here if you want to help your fellow xBhpian stranded in your city

    Touring Blog: Cycling in Mongolia!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

      Originally posted by montop3 View Post
      Hi guys,

      Planning to ride from Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar during December 25th-December 28th . The tentative ride plan is here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...WHo/edit#gid=0

      Guys I need some suggestions if the main route plan is good enough or I should take the alternate plan (which is 595km)

      I also need to know if I can ride form Rameswaram to Dhanuskodi because I have heard its completely sand riding.

      Apart from that any other general suggestions specific to this ride are welcome. Thanks a lot in advance.
      Rameshwaram to Dhanushkodi beach is an arrow straight tar road.... the sand part is beach to the old town or remains of it... one can still go on bike there... ask the local jeep wala and they will guide you about the road in sand.....
      WARNING!! Objects seen in Mirror are Disappearing Rapidly!!!!!!

      Never be Afraid to Slow Down!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

        Thanks for this comment Siddahrth really helpful.


        Others: Still awaiting suggestions on the main route. Thanks!
        -Rahul

        Keep Riding-Ride Safe

        Benefits of wearing a helmet

        Ride to Kolli Hills

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

          Hi,

          Between theni and munnar 25kms road in a mess due to road widening, you need to be careful lots of boulders and trucks in between to make things worst, lots of fog, mist in december.While returning you can take the udulmalpet avinachi (salem comb road) complete forest area for a different experience.
          I DON'T LET MY BIKE DOWN, MY BIKE DOESN'T LET ME DOWN......

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

            Originally posted by MUSTANG 27 View Post
            Hi,

            Between theni and munnar 25kms road in a mess due to road widening, you need to be careful lots of boulders and trucks in between to make things worst, lots of fog, mist in december.While returning you can take the udulmalpet avinachi (salem comb road) complete forest area for a different experience.
            Thanks Mustang ! That is very helpful suggestion from you and I will surely include it in my return route!
            -Rahul

            Keep Riding-Ride Safe

            Benefits of wearing a helmet

            Ride to Kolli Hills

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

              Chennai-Rameshwaram - Any reason you are taking the Madurai route? You timing suggests that you are not stopping at Madurai. How about taking the Pudukkottai route? It'll save you 50-60Km.

              Rameshwaram - Dhanushkodi - It'll take you 15-20 min to get to the Dhanushkodi beach. After that if you ride your bike to the end over sand it'll take longer. If you take the jeep then it'll take you around 2hrs. So you won't be back at Rameshwaram by 7.

              General gyan (ignore if you please): You seem to be rushing from place to place. I would suggest slow down and enjoy the places you are visiting.

              Now Showing: K2K 9000Km of Solo Bliss
              Rolling Thread: Bangalore Backroads

              My Last few rides:
              Kumaon Wanderings - Darma Valley
              2400Km of Solo Spiti Sauntering
              From the rains of Uttarakhand to the deserts of Ladakh

              Other Rides: Riding Blog

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

                Originally posted by dichkaun View Post
                Chennai-Rameshwaram - Any reason you are taking the Madurai route? You timing suggests that you are not stopping at Madurai. How about taking the Pudukkottai route? It'll save you 50-60Km.

                Rameshwaram - Dhanushkodi - It'll take you 15-20 min to get to the Dhanushkodi beach. After that if you ride your bike to the end over sand it'll take longer. If you take the jeep then it'll take you around 2hrs. So you won't be back at Rameshwaram by 7.

                General gyan (ignore if you please): You seem to be rushing from place to place. I would suggest slow down and enjoy the places you are visiting.
                Hi, I am taking the Madurai route because people have told me that after Trichy, the Pudukottai-Karaikudi,Devukottaoi road is not that great. If you have any update on the status of this road please share ! Also I might skip going to the old Dhanuskodi town by Jeep/riding on sand.

                Your advise well taken .Thanks a lot dude
                Last edited by montop3; 12-11-2014, 01:47 PM. Reason: grammar check
                -Rahul

                Keep Riding-Ride Safe

                Benefits of wearing a helmet

                Ride to Kolli Hills

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

                  Vikravaandi-Panruti -thanjavur route will be a back breaking road plus will reduce average speed considerably.

                  All others seems to be much doable .

                  Plus you are riding on a weekend so be prepared to battle all those wannabe racers in their cars rushing to their hometown.
                  It would be better if you adjust the date slightly where in you can enjoy the ride lot more(slight traffic is fun but lot of traffic will be miserable).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

                    Originally posted by Giftonsamuel View Post
                    Vikravaandi-Panruti -thanjavur route will be a back breaking road plus will reduce average speed considerably.

                    All others seems to be much doable .

                    Plus you are riding on a weekend so be prepared to battle all those wannabe racers in their cars rushing to their hometown.
                    It would be better if you adjust the date slightly where in you can enjoy the ride lot more(slight traffic is fun but lot of traffic will be miserable).
                    Thanks dude. That is the reason I am not taking the Panruti Tanjore route and going via Madurai. Also my dates are slightly flexible so yeah I will surely think about your advise to consider the mad weekend traffic.

                    Thanks again.
                    -Rahul

                    Keep Riding-Ride Safe

                    Benefits of wearing a helmet

                    Ride to Kolli Hills

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Chennai-Rameswaram-Munnar-Chennai on Duke 390-Suggestions required

                      Originally posted by montop3 View Post
                      the Pudukottai-Karaikudi,Devukottaoi road is not that great.
                      Around a yr ago it was a fine road, though not divided.
                      Probably the current conditions have changed.

                      Now Showing: K2K 9000Km of Solo Bliss
                      Rolling Thread: Bangalore Backroads

                      My Last few rides:
                      Kumaon Wanderings - Darma Valley
                      2400Km of Solo Spiti Sauntering
                      From the rains of Uttarakhand to the deserts of Ladakh

                      Other Rides: Riding Blog

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X