Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Castrol Power 1

Be smooth with your gear shifts.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Classic 350 or Electra

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Classic 350 or Electra

    I've deliberating on owning an RE, I currently have a HH Passion....I am a bit confused either to go for an RE of replace it with a new HH bike. As HH is known for its service and reliability and owning an RE has a pride of its own.....I have checked out the new Classic 350 and the new electra...I believe both the bikes have same engine and tech specs...I am still not sure if the classic 350 comes with a EFI like its elder cousin the C5? and what difference will it male, Both the bikes have a charm of their own the the electra with its chrome and rugged looks was more comfortable to drive and the classic looks real retro that adds to its charm..... I would like to know which bike to go for as I have to ride mostly in the city (with occasional highway ride)and need to carry heavy load as well, that coupled with the tight corners of the old part of the city requires the bike to be maneuverable. My other options are HH Hunk, HH Karizma R, Yamaha FZ16, they are good for a city ride...but an RE with its power and capability to carry load with additional Pannier frames and Saddlebags seem good enough....still the confusion persists....please give your inputs and suggest any other models you feel suitable.

  2. #2
    Rusted Aryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    New Delhi/ Shillong
    Posts
    18,673
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Topic Approved.
    ...in search of that perfect world - My Travel Blog :)

  3. #3
    Rusted yuv_biKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Franklin,TN
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Electra should be a better buy than Classic 350.. as i believe 350 has the same engine of TB.. You might still consider classic 500 if you can strech your budget...
    _________________________________________________
    Yuv


  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuv_biKING View Post
    Electra should be a better buy than Classic 350.. as i believe 350 has the same engine of TB.. You might still consider classic 500 if you can strech your budget...
    Thanks for your inputs, I understand all RE motorcycles have same engines, the only difference is the FI in C500...correct me if I am wrong. I would love to go for a C500 but i think 500 would be less economical to ride and the power is too much for city riding.....

  5. #5
    Addicted Grease Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamboyant View Post
    Thanks for your inputs, I understand all RE motorcycles have same engines, the only difference is the FI in C500...correct me if I am wrong. I would love to go for a C500 but i think 500 would be less economical to ride and the power is too much for city riding.....
    Yes, you are correct. All the 350's have the same engine, Classic 350 included.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grease Monk View Post
    Yes, you are correct. All the 350's have the same engine, Classic 350 included.
    That's why the confusion......all there is left to decide is to pick the one with better ride quality and handling.....as far as REs are concerned they all look great except for the TB...too bad they discontinued the Machismo else the choice would have been really simple. Also after a few years we can always make them look like what we want.....

  7. #7
    Rusted yamahatrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    675
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamboyant View Post
    I've deliberating on owning an RE, I currently have a HH Passion....I am a bit confused either to go for an RE of replace it with a new HH bike. As HH is known for its service and reliability and owning an RE has a pride of its own.....I have checked out the new Classic 350 and the new electra...I believe both the bikes have same engine and tech specs...I am still not sure if the classic 350 comes with a EFI like its elder cousin the C5? and what difference will it male, Both the bikes have a charm of their own the the electra with its chrome and rugged looks was more comfortable to drive and the classic looks real retro that adds to its charm..... I would like to know which bike to go for as I have to ride mostly in the city (with occasional highway ride)and need to carry heavy load as well, that coupled with the tight corners of the old part of the city requires the bike to be maneuverable. My other options are HH Hunk, HH Karizma R, Yamaha FZ16, they are good for a city ride...but an RE with its power and capability to carry load with additional Pannier frames and Saddlebags seem good enough....still the confusion persists....please give your inputs and suggest any other models you feel suitable.
    Congos on your deliberation of getting a Bullet my friend, yes all bullet 350s now come with the same engine and what is diffrent is the styling and the looks. The standard 350 if you are a fan of the good ol black bullet with the pin stripe tank comes it comes at a OTR price of Rs 97,000 (aprox) in Bangalore. The Electra the chromed slug with luscious chrome and comfy riding et all comes at an OTR price of 1 lac 6 thousand change in Bangalore and the C350 with it's retro looks the 18" wheels n Zapper tyres comes at a OTR of 1 lac 10 thousandd odd rupees. And of these the STD 350 and the Electra have a waiting period of 2 months and the C350 anywhere between 6 - 8 months to an indefinite length of time. So this made me choose the Electra hands down. I just could not wait 8 months to get a Bullet back in my life. All these three models are Carburetted. (No FI).

    And then you have the C500 that comes with a 500 cc UCE engine and an EFI. Well for me I have a big doubt about RE making a reliable enough EFI unit.

    Quote Originally Posted by flamboyant View Post
    Also after a few years we can always make them look like what we want.....
    My thoughts exactly, when I had to make a choice of switching my booking from the C350 to the Electra i thought to meself "Hell! This electra is a grate bullet template, simple and plain over time I can shape the bullet as per my vision rather than someone in RE 's design dept." Not taking away any credit from them for styling the Classics but with the Electra it's just Plain Jane Vanilla in crimson red well mine is and is a great platform for some nice paint/chorme n styling jobs.
    Last edited by yamahatrooper; 04-02-2010 at 06:39 AM.
    "I set out running but I take my time, a friend of the devil is a friend of mine. If I get home before day light, just might get some sleep tonight" - The Grateful Dead.

    The Stable - 2009 Yamaha FZS (Baby Beast) & 2010 YAMAHA YZF R15 (Anjuna Sunset).

    Wishlist - Kawasaki Ninja 250r, YAMAHA R6 and Bullet standard 500 with the CI engine and a handpainted Goa Chic helmet.

    www.facebook.com/powerslave666

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yamahatrooper View Post
    Congos on your deliberation of getting a Bullet my friend, yes all bullet 350s now come with the same engine and what is diffrent is the styling and the looks. The standard 350 if you are a fan of the good ol black bullet with the pin stripe tank comes at a OTR price of Rs 97,000 (aprox) in Bangalore. The Electra the chromed slug with luscious chrome and comfy riding et all comes at an OTR price of 1 lac 6 thousand change in Bangalore and the C350 with it's retro looks the 18" wheels that comes at a OTR of 1 lac 10 thousandd odd rupees. And of these the STD 350 and the Electra have a waiting period of 2 months and the C350 anywhere between 6 - 8 months to indefinite length of time. So this made me choose the Electra hands down. I just could not wait 8 months to get a Bullet back in my life.

    And then you have the C500 that comes with a 500 cc UCE engine and an EFI. Well for me I have a big doubt about RE making a reliable enough EFI unit.



    My thoughts exactly, when I had to make a choice of switching my booking from the C350 to the Electra i thought to meself "Hell! This electra is a grat bullet template, simple and plain over time I can shape the bullet as per my vision rather than someone in RE 's design dept. Not taking away any credit from them for styling the Classics but with the Electra it's just Plain Jane Vanilla and is a great platform for some nice paint/chorme n styling jobs.
    I was in the same dilemma but now i have the UCE Electra and enjoying every day of it.

  9. #9
    Rusted yamahatrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    675
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG SARAN View Post
    I was in the same dilemma but now i have the UCE Electra and enjoying every day of it.
    We are two of a kind my friend!
    "I set out running but I take my time, a friend of the devil is a friend of mine. If I get home before day light, just might get some sleep tonight" - The Grateful Dead.

    The Stable - 2009 Yamaha FZS (Baby Beast) & 2010 YAMAHA YZF R15 (Anjuna Sunset).

    Wishlist - Kawasaki Ninja 250r, YAMAHA R6 and Bullet standard 500 with the CI engine and a handpainted Goa Chic helmet.

    www.facebook.com/powerslave666

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yamahatrooper View Post
    Congos on your deliberation of getting a Bullet my friend, yes all bullet 350s now come with the same engine and what is diffrent is the styling and the looks. The standard 350 if you are a fan of the good ol black bullet with the pin stripe tank comes it comes at a OTR price of Rs 97,000 (aprox) in Bangalore. The Electra the chromed slug with luscious chrome and comfy riding et all comes at an OTR price of 1 lac 6 thousand change in Bangalore and the C350 with it's retro looks the 18" wheels n Zapper tyres comes at a OTR of 1 lac 10 thousandd odd rupees. And of these the STD 350 and the Electra have a waiting period of 2 months and the C350 anywhere between 6 - 8 months to an indefinite length of time. So this made me choose the Electra hands down. I just could not wait 8 months to get a Bullet back in my life. All these three models are Carburetted. (No FI).

    And then you have the C500 that comes with a 500 cc UCE engine and an EFI. Well for me I have a big doubt about RE making a reliable enough EFI unit.



    My thoughts exactly, when I had to make a choice of switching my booking from the C350 to the Electra i thought to meself "Hell! This electra is a grate bullet template, simple and plain over time I can shape the bullet as per my vision rather than someone in RE 's design dept." Not taking away any credit from them for styling the Classics but with the Electra it's just Plain Jane Vanilla in crimson red well mine is and is a great platform for some nice paint/chorme n styling jobs.
    Its good to see that there's some one around with similar ideas......Electra it is---faster delivery, better ride and lots of stuff to work with. I agree with your concern with RE coming up with and FI, they have already exceeded themselves by introducing the new UCI engines...

    Also the the classic with the colors (except black) on offer is a big turn down.....the RE guys could at least come up with Olive or Khaki to go with the retro look...or some custom paint job to compensate long wait periods would do more good than harm to the RE's image.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help me (Machismo Vs Electra).
    By Abru in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 01:04 AM
  2. Electra twinspark uce!
    By r00kie in forum News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 06:58 AM
  3. bs 29 carburator for electra
    By thanthram in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 11:49 AM
  4. Standrd to electra ?
    By desideep in forum Thumpers,2-Stroke And Exotics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 05:29 AM
  5. STANDARS v/s ELECTRA
    By alok in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 04:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •