Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Clean visor equals clear vision.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to xBhp Forums v2020

Welcome to 2020 Edition of the xBhp Forums . As you might have already noticed, the forums have undergone a major upgrade to keep up with the times. This will make the forums faster and intuitive and much more mobile friendly.

The basic functioning of the forum remains the same.

We are still tightening the loose nuts and bolts and it will take some time.

However, in case you are facing any issues or problems accessing the forums or posting here, please do let us know.

Any feedback/suggestions are also welcome!

You can post your suggestions on this thread itself!


https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/forum-a...s-2020-welcome
See more
See less

Confused for CBR 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Confused for CBR 250R

    Hello everyone,

    This is Vikas from Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.

    I'm looking for a new bike, it all started few weeks back when I all of a sudden felt the need of a new bike as my current bike Bajaj XCD-125 is not suitable for mor my daily need. Bought that bike in 2007 & its serving me very well. She has always performed more than I expected. Now I want her to take some rest & ride her for only few km purpose.
    I'm 22 weighing around 60 approx & height of 5.7 feet. Passed out as a Mechanical Engineer last year, followed my passion & joined automobile industry in sales.

    Usage: My job require lots of travelling, so I'm looking for a comfortable bike with good looks. I have to travel for 2-3 or sometimes 4 hours continuously & then come back again. Since its Himachal you can expect curves, damaged & slippery roads.

    Budget: 2 Lakh Max.

    Fuel Efficiency Requirement: I would expect at-least 30kmpl of mileage.

    Monthly Running: 800-1000km a month

    I have gone through almost all 1464 pages of Honda CBR 250R. I'm satisfied with bike but What give me worry is the Honda's After Sales Service.

    You can read my experience with Honda Sales Staff here:
    http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcyc...ml#post1081857

    I prefer fully faired bike.

    I have almost finalized Honda CBR 250R. What left was deciding between Standard Model & Repsol Edition. ABS VS Non ABS. Was it worth spending extra money for Repsol?
    I have planning to buy on Diwali.

    But last night a fellow member pinged me here & told me strictly not to go for CBR 250R. As he had a very bad experience with them. He also mentioned that if anything happens to engine, technician won't touch the bike. A special engineer will come from Honda to repair. It can take a month or more.

    Is it true?
    I know CBR had issues in early models 20011/12. Does it still exist or bike is perfect now?

    He told me to go for RE Thuderbird instead. Though the bike was in my list & its great bike but it went out of race, the day I chose to go for a faired bike.

    Reason to chose CBR 250R was:

    Loved the looks. Power & comfortable tourer. You can travel to almost anywhere with CBR & even Leh-Laddakh. Being a sports it doesn't compromise with Rider & Pillion's comfort. Honda Technology, the 8 Sensors.

    Can I expect all these with any other bike within the budget of 2 Lakh.

    Also does anyone have idea when HX250 of Hero is going to launch. As various blog says it might get launched on Diwali while Hero Dealers have absolute no idea. They deny any such bike launch this year.

    AFAIK there is no such bike which meets my requirement except CBR 250R.

    Please help me out guys. I'm so confused after receiving the message from fellow member. I dont know who he is & neither he know me. He sent me because he doesn't want others to suffer the same. But still I would like to know everyone's views & current ground situation of owners.

    If there is anyone who has experience of AG HONDA or anyone from Mandi, Himachal having CBR 250R. Please ping me.
    https://www.facebook.com/freetourplanner/

  • #2
    Re: Confused for CBR 250R

    Query Approved

    I hope you have posted this same query in the ownership thread, since you want information about a specific model.
    Biking is not about what you have between your legs, its all about how well you use it!!!!!!!

    Give your details here if you want to help your fellow xBhpian stranded in your city

    Touring Blog: Cycling in Mongolia!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Confused for CBR 250R

      Went to inquire about CBR250R. The showroom guy in one of the dealers in Chennai told me that the CBR250R is getting an update in 3-4 months. The new CBR250R was already launched in Indonesia. This is what the dealer mentioned. Since you are from Mandi, I am not too sure about quality of Honda dealers nearby. I doubt if Honda service will be good and doubt if you will find good dealers there or nearby. Spares availability should also be taken into consideration when buying. Why don't you consider a Hero Karizma or ZMR if Hero dealership and service centers are good in your town. Also if you are not too keen on faired bikes, you can consider the Duke200. I guess there is a KTM dealer in Mandi. Duke 200 is a good and reliable bike as well. Having said that, CBR250R is very reliable as well. But in worst cases or regular wear and tear of parts, will spares be available quickly in Mandi? That you need to find out and factor in before deciding to buy a bike. Do they have a CBR250R readily available now? If not then will take 3-4 months for new CBR250R

      Honda Launches 2015 CBR250R In Indonesia - Overdrive

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Confused for CBR 250R

        In my case before finalising duke 390, my first choice was cbr 250 but all the three dealers in my city didn't have ABS model and only one standard model was available, according to them waiting period was almost two months.
        So my point is check availability of spare parts, good service centre in your area before taking up any decisions whichever bike you go for

        Ride safe

        Sent from my C5302 using xBhp Connect mobile app

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Confused for CBR 250R

          Why can't you go for a new karizma zmr? Being a hero it have many advantages thousands of sc, easy availability of parts, better fuel efficiency and decent looks(according to me).

          Tapatalked from my Canvas A76
          Off the BOTTLE & On the THROTTLE

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Confused for CBR 250R

            First thing, Honda CBR250R is a perfect companion for long rides... I have CBR250R and I ride 40km daily..
            It's sports tourer....you can comfortably cruise at 120kmph...
            About ABS: it is a very useful feature... It has saved my life multiple times... I'm from Chandigarh and have done many long rides to Himachal with ease..,
            Since you want a comfortable ride, I won't recommend Dukes...
            You may consider Pulsar 200NS (but it's not faired)
            Or wait for sometime, Hero HX250, Pulsar 200SS (150SS too I guess), and few others are coming... Both faired bikes (since you like faired bikes)

            There are no problems with CBR After Sales Service.... At least for me here in Chandigarh...
            -Valkyrie

            Help and get helped! Enrol for the All India Emergency Rescue System (AIERS), powered by the members of xBhp.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Confused for CBR 250R

              I'd say go for CBR250R, primarily due to comfort. Buy the ABS variant, it totally worth the price difference.
              IMO Repsol special edition ABS doesn't worth spending extra if you're not a fan of HRC, or their riders It does look good though.

              But due to your experience with AG honda, I think their A.S.S. would suck too. Try talking to some CBR250R owners in your city. You can also talk to the mechanics who service the bikes in honda service center. Most mechanics give honest opinions and issues with the bikes or spares availability.
              You should also consider KTM D390 if you can compromise on the comfort.
              Last edited by hgps; 08-04-2014, 10:15 PM.
              There is no destination, I just want to keep riding.

              Honda CBR 650F / CBR 250R ABS Repsol (Sold) / Yamaha FZ-S

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Confused for CBR 250R

                I expect HX250R to be launched not before mid 2015. CBR is no doubt a good bike but before owning one you need to have a clear idea about the SvCs nearby. Or its good if there is any good private svc or expert mechanic whom you can rely on. Apart from CBR, you could also have a look on R15.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Confused for CBR 250R

                  Originally posted by whencut86 View Post
                  Went to inquire about CBR250R. The showroom guy in one of the dealers in Chennai told me that the CBR250R is getting an update in 3-4 months. The new CBR250R was already launched in Indonesia. This is what the dealer mentioned. Since you are from Mandi, I am not too sure about quality of Honda dealers nearby. I doubt if Honda service will be good and doubt if you will find good dealers there or nearby. Spares availability should also be taken into consideration when buying. Why don't you consider a Hero Karizma or ZMR if Hero dealership and service centers are good in your town. Also if you are not too keen on faired bikes, you can consider the Duke200. I guess there is a KTM dealer in Mandi. Duke 200 is a good and reliable bike as well. Having said that, CBR250R is very reliable as well. But in worst cases or regular wear and tear of parts, will spares be available quickly in Mandi? That you need to find out and factor in before deciding to buy a bike. Do they have a CBR250R readily available now? If not then will take 3-4 months for new CBR250R

                  Honda Launches 2015 CBR250R In Indonesia - Overdrive
                  I'm aware of the Indonesian launch but I didn't like the dual headlamp at lease on web. Also a bit more power is not much worthy for me.
                  I like the current CBR 250R. I don't like the Karizma or ZMR, yes the one with fake projector lamp. :P Apart from joke, I look forward to HX250, incase it comes this year around festive season.

                  Originally posted by Chandan92 View Post
                  In my case before finalising duke 390, my first choice was cbr 250 but all the three dealers in my city didn't have ABS model and only one standard model was available, according to them waiting period was almost two months.
                  So my point is check availability of spare parts, good service centre in your area before taking up any decisions whichever bike you go for

                  Ride safe

                  Sent from my C5302 using xBhp Connect mobile app
                  Thanks Buddy, sure will keep in mind the above mentioned points & decide after that only.

                  Originally posted by Jith_in View Post
                  Why can't you go for a new karizma zmr? Being a hero it have many advantages thousands of sc, easy availability of parts, better fuel efficiency and decent looks(according to me).

                  Tapatalked from my Canvas A76
                  I don't like the Hero. As it looks very thin to me. Though it has many advantages but I never felt the love for Hero bike which I felt for CBR 250R.

                  Originally posted by valkyrieX7 View Post
                  First thing, Honda CBR250R is a perfect companion for long rides... I have CBR250R and I ride 40km daily..
                  It's sports tourer....you can comfortably cruise at 120kmph...
                  About ABS: it is a very useful feature... It has saved my life multiple times... I'm from Chandigarh and have done many long rides to Himachal with ease..,
                  Since you want a comfortable ride, I won't recommend Dukes...
                  You may consider Pulsar 200NS (but it's not faired)
                  Or wait for sometime, Hero HX250, Pulsar 200SS (150SS too I guess), and few others are coming... Both faired bikes (since you like faired bikes)

                  There are no problems with CBR After Sales Service.... At least for me here in Chandigarh...
                  Sir, Your & theIronHorse posts played important role in deciding the bike. I have gone through almost all your posts.
                  Also, Sir can you throw some light on Maintenance of bike as compared to Hero & bajaj bikes. I asked for Hero & Bajaj because I have little idea of their maintenance cost.

                  Originally posted by hgps View Post
                  I'd say go for CBR250R, primarily due to comfort. Buy the ABS variant, it totally worth the price difference.
                  IMO Repsol special edition ABS doesn't worth spending extra if you're not a fan of HRC, or their riders It does look good though.

                  But your experience with AG honda, I think their A.S.S. would suck too. Try finding and talking to some CBR250R owners in your city. You can also talk to the mechanics who service the bikes in honda service center. Most mechanics give honest opinions and issues with the bikes or spares availability.
                  You should also consider KTM D390 if you can compromise on the comfort.
                  Yes, I'm looking for CBR 250R owners in town. Also can you tell me that does Repsol looks bore or Is it prone to scratches?
                  As I have seen people taking attractive colors like RED, Black or Blue which looks good for few days but after that you get bore & are prone to scratches. No compromise with comfort. So KTM not in race. Though if they launch RC200 near festive season I might shift to that. But I doubt its launch.
                  https://www.facebook.com/freetourplanner/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Confused for CBR 250R

                    Originally posted by vikas007sharma View Post
                    I'm aware of the Indonesian launch but I didn't like the dual headlamp at lease on web. Also a bit more power is not much worthy for me.
                    I like the current CBR 250R. I don't like the Karizma or ZMR, yes the one with fake projector lamp. :P Apart from joke, I look forward to HX250, incase it comes this year around festive season.

                    Thanks Buddy, sure will keep in mind the above mentioned points & decide after that only.

                    I don't like the Hero. As it looks very thin to me. Though it has many advantages but I never felt the love for Hero bike which I felt for CBR 250R.

                    Sir, Your & theIronHorse posts played important role in deciding the bike. I have gone through almost all your posts.
                    Also, Sir can you throw some light on Maintenance of bike as compared to Hero & bajaj bikes. I asked for Hero & Bajaj because I have little idea of their maintenance cost.

                    Yes, I'm looking for CBR 250R owners in town. Also can you tell me that does Repsol looks bore or Is it prone to scratches?
                    As I have seen people taking attractive colors like RED, Black or Blue which looks good for few days but after that you get bore & are prone to scratches. No compromise with comfort. So KTM not in race. Though if they launch RC200 near festive season I might shift to that. But I doubt its launch.
                    Come join the club :-( I want to buy the current CBR250R ABS version. Not available in any showroom in Chennai. Waiting period of 3-4 months and that is for new CBR250R. Personally I don't like the split headlamps and the exhaust. But the exhaust makes it 6 kgs lesser. RC200 I doubt they will launch it since Bajaj will launch SS200 and RC200 might hit SS200 sales. Bajaj will launch RC390 and from test drive pics and scoops and posts in other forums it has a more forward leaning position than R15. Which means comfort will go for a toss. CBR250R you can buy if you have good service centers in you city/town. Else you need to think about it. It's mind over heart or heart over mind. But getting spares for CBR250R is tough. Go to dealers and talk to owners directly about availability of basic parts, replaceable parts and other parts which need to be changed during service. If they have basic parts its good else no point buying a bike and waiting for parts to arrive for each service. Else you have no option but to either choose from Hero or Bajaj. Duke 200 can be an option if you travel in good/decent roads and no off-roading involved. Else you can look at Pulsar 220 or 200NS. If you can wait till Diwali, you can see if Pulsar SS200 is launched. I can understand the love for CBR250R since we are sailing in the same boat. But we need to think practically as well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Confused for CBR 250R

                      Hi as I have already told you that the SVC anywhere gives a real tough time to the customers as I have personally witnessed many incidents when I was ridding my unicorn.
                      I have told you this too that a dealer who became my very dear friend I used to sit there very often and I have seen people conning and abusing that there bike is in the workshop since 2 months 3 months because of non availability of spares and yes if there is a issue in the engine the SVC is not allowed to touch this you can send and email to HMSI and enquire about this.
                      More over I have lost my full trust on them they are just putting there heart and soul in there scooters now they are least bother for the bike customers.
                      If you go to the dealer buddy he has to do his sales why on earth he will tell you the real truth rather he will say that the spares are easily available you buy no problem you will not have difficulty ones you buy the bike when they have received the payment they change there attitude towards you so fast its like bakra phasa.
                      Buddy at the end of the day its your hard earned money its your decision.

                      Sent from my Q2000 using xBhp Connect mobile app
                      click me
                      FACEBOOK

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Confused for CBR 250R

                        Due to the same attitude of them I bought duke 200 and m really happy with my decision...me from sunder nagar.

                        Sent from my GT-I9082 using xBhp Connect mobile app

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Confused for CBR 250R

                          Originally posted by vikas007sharma View Post
                          Yes, I'm looking for CBR 250R owners in town. Also can you tell me that does Repsol looks bore or Is it prone to scratches?
                          As I have seen people taking attractive colors like RED, Black or Blue which looks good for few days but after that you get bore & are prone to scratches. No compromise with comfort. So KTM not in race. Though if they launch RC200 near festive season I might shift to that. But I doubt its launch.
                          Repsol looks very attractive IMO. Actually I had never cared for honda or CBR250R before. Only when i saw a Repsol CBR250R in local showroom, I started to like CBR250R, honda and HRC. Not sure about scratches in repsol, but i think scratches wouldn't be as visible as they are in black colour.
                          There is no destination, I just want to keep riding.

                          Honda CBR 650F / CBR 250R ABS Repsol (Sold) / Yamaha FZ-S

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Confused for CBR 250R

                            Originally posted by arjunb25 View Post
                            Hi as I have already told you that the SVC anywhere gives a real tough time to the customers as I have personally witnessed many incidents when I was ridding my unicorn....................................its your decision.

                            Sent from my Q2000 using xBhp Connect mobile app
                            Yes Sir your comments are in mind.

                            ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

                            Originally posted by rohitj View Post
                            Due to the same attitude of them I bought duke 200 and m really happy with my decision...me from sunder nagar.

                            Sent from my GT-I9082 using xBhp Connect mobile app
                            Oh nice decision. Do write to Honda & tell them about this. But I can't move to KTM, as my priority is comfort.

                            Hey do you know any CBR 250R owner here in Mandi?
                            https://www.facebook.com/freetourplanner/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Confused for CBR 250R

                              I'm glad that my posts proved useful to you...
                              About the after sales service:
                              It's costlier than Hero/ Bajaj...
                              Not all service centers service CBR... Inquire about this to the dealer...
                              Parts are costlier but not so much that you should reject CBR on that... Since it has some advanced technologies, there are costlier spares.. Oil is fully synthetic hence costlier.... Chain is oil free, carbon coating is done... Brake pads are costlier for ABS version...
                              My CBR has not yet required any major repairs since I brought her...
                              All that she requires is timely service and proper care... She will keep you happy
                              It's like having a pretty hot girlfriend, costs are more, but happiness is much higher
                              If you are concerned about service, go to the Honda service center, try to find a CBR owner there, ask him/ her about the service...
                              Here I get my bike serviced at Platinum Honda... The engineer is friendly and listens to the problems... Even let's me be with my bike while servicing
                              Last edited by valkyrieX7; 08-05-2014, 10:45 PM. Reason: Grammar
                              -Valkyrie

                              Help and get helped! Enrol for the All India Emergency Rescue System (AIERS), powered by the members of xBhp.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X