Castrol
Castrol
Max
Max

User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 141
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Which one?? R15V2 or CBR 250R or CBR 250R C-ABS

  1. #11
    Addicted vivek_k_p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bangalore, Palakkad
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi All,
    Thanks for your replies.
    Today I visited Honda and Yamaha showrooms, after giving my GS for service.

    1. It was Planet Honda, Rajajinagar.
    I did a test ride with the C-ABS for about 1 km. It was not at all enough.
    The showroom guy sitting behind me kept telling me to ride slowly.
    Due to traffic and speed breakers, could not get a actual feel of the bike.
    Bike and gear were really smooth. I definitely need another test ride.

    They quoted OTR price of 198832 RS for C-ABS and 169680 for STD version.
    Waiting period is a week only.
    Guys anyone bought CBR from Planet Honda, please share your service experience...


    2. It was Bangalore Wheels, Rajajinagar
    They had a black R15 for display and a Blue one which somebody brought for service.
    Could not see Red-white R15, have seen only in internet.
    Sad thing, there is no bike for test ride.
    Quoted price was 126996 RS and 120 days waiting period.

    I asked if I can get an exchange for my brotherís Honda shine at both the places.
    I have to take that bike to showrrom next time.

    Overall I am inclined towards CBR.
    Let me see if I can get another test ride on CBR.

  2. #12
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mysore/Trivandrum
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Vivek dude, I was in the same dilemma as well. And I had made a few posts in R15 V2 thread. I had booked R15 initially, then cancelled and went with CBR. Below is the copy-paste.

    ~~
    one test drive, thats it ! cbr - blew me away !!

    things which mattered for change of decision:

    R15
    1) my 6 Ft lean figure meant i felt like sitting on a goat, toy-ish, i took pics went through them over and again.
    2) changing gears - i dont know, some strange angle, tried to adjust by sitting back and forth - pain on ankle.
    3) while test driving r15, didn't feel the punch - may be the power is stacked up 7.5K rpm and beyond (i was riding it between 4-5K rpm)

    CBR
    4) low end torque, wow, just wow! kept on pulling - didnt even have time to check the rpm it was that much fun.

    additional info which i factored in while taking the decision:

    1) cbr is just 42K away (onroad) from r15. 1.69K - Mysore
    2) age factor - my college days are long bygones (subjective).

    Tax is killer in Karnataka, shucks ! If you have the dough, go for CBR, you won't regret it.

    ~~

  3. #13
    Addicted vivek_k_p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bangalore, Palakkad
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soojy007 View Post
    Vivek dude, I was in the same dilemma as well. And I had made a few posts in R15 V2 thread. I had booked R15 initially, then cancelled and went with CBR. Below is the copy-paste.

    ~~
    one test drive, thats it ! cbr - blew me away !!

    things which mattered for change of decision:

    R15
    1) my 6 Ft lean figure meant i felt like sitting on a goat, toy-ish, i took pics went through them over and again.
    2) changing gears - i dont know, some strange angle, tried to adjust by sitting back and forth - pain on ankle.
    3) while test driving r15, didn't feel the punch - may be the power is stacked up 7.5K rpm and beyond (i was riding it between 4-5K rpm)

    CBR
    4) low end torque, wow, just wow! kept on pulling - didnt even have time to check the rpm it was that much fun.

    additional info which i factored in while taking the decision:

    1) cbr is just 42K away (onroad) from r15. 1.69K - Mysore
    2) age factor - my college days are long bygones (subjective).

    Tax is killer in Karnataka, shucks ! If you have the dough, go for CBR, you won't regret it.

    ~~
    Thanks bro,
    But my only worry is the Honda ASS.
    Read really bad about their service.

  4. #14
    Rusted pawangreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Delhi, India, India
    Posts
    316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vivek_k_p View Post
    Hi XBHPians,

    I ride a Suzuki GS150R since last 3 years and pretty happy with it.
    Now I have decided to gift me little sporty thrill feel.


    Have shortlisted 3 bikes .
    I am 5.8 tall and weighs 69KGs.
    Mileage is not a problem , because I ride mostly in weekends.

    Below are the list and my views

    1. Yamaha R15 v.2
    Better looker of all. I especially liked the Red-white combo.
    But comparatively least powered in the list.
    No grab rails, So long rides with pillion will be a issue.

    2. Honda CBR 250R
    I only liked the red one in this.
    Costs around 1.7 lacs in bangalore.

    3.Honda CBR 250R (C-ABS)
    Best of all. But I really confused whether to pay 30k extra for the C-ABS alone.

    4.Hyosung GT250R (Wish list)
    The Red one is my favorite of all.
    Doubt if this bike is really gona come to India. (My heart says to wait for this one). Even if it comes not sure about pricing.

    Waiting for your inputs...
    Dude now you have a very good option KTM 200
    Regards
    Pawan Rathore
    Ride Hard Ride Safe
    Long Live xBhp

  5. #15
    Addicted asheshambasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bangalore, India
    Posts
    69
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pawangreat View Post
    Dude now you have a very good option KTM 200
    One more thing about the CBR is that its ABS kicks in only after 60 kmph.

  6. #16
    Addicted firen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asheshambasta View Post
    One more thing about the CBR is that its ABS kicks in only after 60 kmph.
    Any source for that? Never seen that being mentioned anywhere before.

  7. #17
    Addicted kishoremuthu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    City of joy --> Garden City
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asheshambasta View Post
    One more thing about the CBR is that its ABS kicks in only after 60 kmph.
    Quote Originally Posted by firen View Post
    Any source for that? Never seen that being mentioned anywhere before.
    I believe it kicks in after 10kmph.. 60kmph is too much
    Everybody dies.. But, not everybody really live!!

  8. #18
    Rusted ZMAtic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asheshambasta View Post
    One more thing about the CBR is that its ABS kicks in only after 60 kmph.
    Quote Originally Posted by kishoremuthu View Post
    I believe it kicks in after 10kmph.. 60kmph is too much
    Source Please
    ***RC390 in my dreams, R15 when i wake up ;)

  9. #19
    Addicted kishoremuthu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    City of joy --> Garden City
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZMAtic View Post
    Source Please
    There is a light given for that.. It will remain On till 10kmph (6 mph).. the function of that light is when ABS is not functioning it will be On. So as per the user manual if the light is On even above 10kmph (which means ABS is not functioning) then we have to take it to SVC immediately.
    Everybody dies.. But, not everybody really live!!

  10. #20
    Rusted ZMAtic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kishoremuthu View Post
    There is a light given for that.. It will remain On till 10kmph (6 mph).. the function of that light is when ABS is not functioning it will be On. So as per the user manual if the light is On even above 10kmph (which means ABS is not functioning) then we have to take it to SVC immediately.
    Coming from a owner, must be a credible info...

    @TS: CBR should fit your bill perfectly, R15 may feel underpowered on a longer ownership tenor considering you wont get a prominent upgrade in power for a long time... ABS or not is upto your finances but i personally feel safety comes with a price so why comprimise if its available. The extra 30K will save you big time than the first 150K you spend for buying the machine. Yami is no doubt a great bike but this should have been at least a 20+ bhp bike at this V2 upgrade.

    Edit: I heard Honda is recalling the earlier lot of 250s to address the rusting and paint quality issue.. So they are getting there w.r.t. ASS.
    Last edited by ZMAtic; 12-08-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    ***RC390 in my dreams, R15 when i wake up ;)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Honda CBR 250R
    By The Stig in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 14697
    Last Post: 2 Hours Ago, 01:33 PM
  2. [What Bike]: R15 vs CBR 250R
    By jeyessh in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 01:18 PM
  3. Will the CBR 250R kill the Ninja 250R sales?
    By Sunny in forum Superbike And Imports
    Replies: 410
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 09:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •