Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Regularly check tyre pressures.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Rise of the Underdog.. Unicorn Dazzler (Banshee !! The Wailing Spirit)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Rise of the Underdog.. Unicorn Dazzler (Banshee !! The Wailing Spirit)

    "Begin Reading From Page 3.. new Post merged with this older one "

    Well i am here to write about, The Latest "Unique" addition to the JOEL'ed Bikes around India, that would be my Unicorn Dazzler.
    Ya, most of you would be shocked as to why would some1 want to mod a commuter. Well, I can just say "Wait n Watch" !

    So, First a List of Mods on my bike: Major as well as Minor

    - Big Bore 160cc (Joel)
    - Headwork (Inlet Port)
    - K&N R1100
    - NGK Ix
    - Free Flow Exhaust (Aftermarket..not specifically built for Dazzler. Waiting if Joel Decides to make one)

    Stock Dazzler, is not a Performance crazy bike..but it sure is a lot of fun to ride. Anyway, the post is about Joel's kit.. so here it goes.

    I contacted Joel, and asked what mods could he provide for my bike. He suggested to bring it over to his workshop. As i live in Ahmedabad, that wasn't exactly an option..so asked what he can provide. THe answer was the BB Kit.. Went for it! I was expecting delays, as Joel is a busy guy.. but to my luck & amazement, got the kit within a month of the order.
    Got the kit installed.. did a 900km running in, within 5 days.. just went out on cruising trips.. never went above 5k rpm.. when i touched 901.. i let the bike rip once.. ! within the 900kms the smoothness of the bike was literally noticable, but when i let it rip.. the bike's true identity was revealed..
    The bike literally wants to be pull over the redline (sadly cant :P)
    Took the bike to just 112.. no timings no nothing.. just took it to the speed.. Next day got the bike serviced & took it for a short 30km ride to an Empty Stretch..for the literal testing. Outcomes:
    (with a 60kg rider)
    0-100: Within 10secs
    Top Whack: 131
    Time for Top End: Approx 27secs
    (with a 94kg Rider)
    0-100: Within 12secs
    Top Whack: 131
    Time for top End: Approx 34secs

    The bike is still running on Stock Carbs & Jets.. Planning for a bigger carb rather than Upjetting.. expecting to improve the bike's potential.

    This was the ripping test.. so what about reliability?
    Last Sunday, had a 410kms Trip.. 210 kms was general riding 60-90kph cruising.. approx 30-50 kms was Off-Roads or dirt trails or desert..and the last 140kms was total ripping..

    Cruising, the bike rides like a breeze.. totally free !
    Off-Road.. The bike's torque is crazy ass on lower gears..
    The last ripping.. the bike was constantly riding at speeds between 95-117 kph with a pillion rider.. a combined weight of 94 + 58 kgs.. for 140 kms.. Yup the engine was damn hot.. but did it die after it was switched off.. Nope. It was still ready for more..
    So, My short Opinion on the 160cc Kit.. Worth Every Penny.. Be it City Riding, Touring, Or in general being crazy.. It;s simply awesome

    Future plans: Joel's 180cc Kit (Which was unfortunately released 1 month after i got the 160cc kit )
    and if Joel gets the time.. the exhaust system
    Last edited by xtremevirus; 05-21-2013, 01:56 PM.
    sigpic
    Riding Your Bike Is Heaven & Parking Your Bike Is Hell.
    My Machine, is a One off Machine: The Craziest & Fastest Unicorn on The streets: http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/general-...-spirit-3.html

  • #2
    Topic Approved
    Join xBhp On



    My photography page: Gourab Das Photography

    Comment


    • #3
      Good work mate...! But couple of things:
      1. I'm sure Joel doesn't know that ur running on a K&N Filter on his Bigbore without Upjetting.
      2. Also a High breathing filter & a FFE without Upjetting will make ur mixture bloody lean that you can hole ur piston on constant ripping.


      I'm sure Joel will clear this to you or maybe you didn't spend much time with him I guess....
      Last edited by dual disc 200; 03-12-2012, 12:33 PM. Reason: spell chk
      Whenever there is a Rainbow in the sky, I know it's u mastering the art of Cornering. U will always be remembered brother, R.I.P Arun.

      The 5 Speed Restoration
      The Z Restoration


      /2001 Yamaha Rx 135 5 Speed/ 1999 Yamaha RXZ 135/ 2012 Honda Dio/ ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by xtremevirus View Post
        Well i am here to write about, The Latest "Unique" addition to the JOEL'ed Bikes around India, that would be my Unicorn Dazzler.
        Ya, most of you would be shocked as to why would some1 want to mod a commuter. Well, I can just say "Wait n Watch" !

        So, First a List of Mods on my bike: Major as well as Minor

        - Big Bore 160cc (Joel)
        - Headwork (Inlet Port)
        - K&N R1100
        - NGK Ix
        - Free Flow Exhaust (Aftermarket..not specifically built for Dazzler. Waiting if Joel Decides to make one)

        Stock Dazzler, is not a Performance crazy bike..but it sure is a lot of fun to ride. Anyway, the post is about Joel's kit.. so here it goes.

        I contacted Joel, and asked what mods could he provide for my bike. He suggested to bring it over to his workshop. As i live in Ahmedabad, that wasn't exactly an option..so asked what he can provide. THe answer was the BB Kit.. Went for it! I was expecting delays, as Joel is a busy guy.. but to my luck & amazement, got the kit within a month of the order.
        Got the kit installed.. did a 900km running in, within 5 days.. just went out on cruising trips.. never went above 5k rpm.. when i touched 901.. i let the bike rip once.. ! within the 900kms the smoothness of the bike was literally noticable, but when i let it rip.. the bike's true identity was revealed..
        The bike literally wants to be pull over the redline (sadly cant :P)
        Took the bike to just 112.. no timings no nothing.. just took it to the speed.. Next day got the bike serviced & took it for a short 30km ride to an Empty Stretch..for the literal testing. Outcomes:
        (with a 60kg rider)
        0-100: Within 10secs
        Top Whack: 131
        Time for Top End: Approx 27secs
        (with a 94kg Rider)
        0-100: Within 12secs
        Top Whack: 131
        Time for top End: Approx 34secs

        The bike is still running on Stock Carbs & Jets.. Planning for a bigger carb rather than Upjetting.. expecting to improve the bike's potential.

        This was the ripping test.. so what about reliability?
        Last Sunday, had a 410kms Trip.. 210 kms was general riding 60-90kph cruising.. approx 30-50 kms was Off-Roads or dirt trails or desert..and the last 140kms was total ripping..

        Cruising, the bike rides like a breeze.. totally free !
        Off-Road.. The bike's torque is crazy ass on lower gears..
        The last ripping.. the bike was constantly riding at speeds between 95-117 kph with a pillion rider.. a combined weight of 94 + 58 kgs.. for 140 kms.. Yup the engine was damn hot.. but did it die after it was switched off.. Nope. It was still ready for more..
        So, My short Opinion on the 160cc Kit.. Worth Every Penny.. Be it City Riding, Touring, Or in general being crazy.. It;s simply awesome

        Future plans: Joel's 180cc Kit (Which was unfortunately released 1 month after i got the 160cc kit )
        and if Joel gets the time.. the exhaust system
        wow, this one is great. congrats for owning one. I thought he provides kits only for the high end desi bikes. I wonder if he can help me with my little 110cc Twister.
        Love the ride, not the destination

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice.+1 to what dual disc 200 said. Get in touch with joel asap. Also try to get his FFE Please do update on FE figures also.
          Last edited by amitmalve; 03-12-2012, 02:29 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rixBhp View Post
            wow, this one is great. congrats for owning one. I thought he provides kits only for the high end desi bikes. I wonder if he can help me with my little 110cc Twister.
            Joel's development is focused on performance & racing bikes, the premium ones. But as of now, I'm waiting for my big bore kit too... Joel is in process of getting it ready, or testing, etc. Expecting big improvement to my P180.

            +1 to what dual disc 200 said. Better do something about it soon...
            Last edited by Samarth 619; 05-21-2012, 05:49 PM. Reason: edited reference to Twister, as requested by a member.
            ---
            Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
            Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for the review.
              A lot more can be done, if the bike is brought down.
              Anyways, depending on the enquiry for dazzler kits, we can probably make a batch of exhausts, intake, head etc.
              sigpic
              [email protected]

              Comment


              • #8
                A few Pictures will make the review complete.
                https://www.facebook.com/harishtheboss

                Comment


                • #9
                  I am sincerely very sorry, to have just disappeared after making the post!
                  Got busy and literally forgot about it..
                  But, will upload some pics for it as well..
                  and within this period, i have infact upgraded to joel's 180 kit..
                  But as the problem of jetting still exists (my city Ahmedabad, is a **** hole for performance enthusiasts)..

                  still after getting the 180 kit, i did try a Karizma Carb, with the Karizma Jets, and with the stock jets.. well neither of them worked out ..
                  Trying to source a p180 carb.. to try it first.. if it works out, will buy one.!

                  will update this topic with pics and a 180 review within the next week
                  sigpic
                  Riding Your Bike Is Heaven & Parking Your Bike Is Hell.
                  My Machine, is a One off Machine: The Craziest & Fastest Unicorn on The streets: http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/general-...-spirit-3.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by xtremevirus View Post
                    I am sincerely very sorry, to have just disappeared after making the post!
                    Got busy and literally forgot about it..
                    But, will upload some pics for it as well..
                    and within this period, i have infact upgraded to joel's 180 kit..
                    But as the problem of jetting still exists (my city Ahmedabad, is a **** hole for performance enthusiasts)..

                    still after getting the 180 kit, i did try a Karizma Carb, with the Karizma Jets, and with the stock jets.. well neither of them worked out ..
                    Trying to source a p180 carb.. to try it first.. if it works out, will buy one.!

                    will update this topic with pics and a 180 review within the next week
                    a p-180 carb costs about 2700 bucks.. go for it. but do remember, since you are running on K&N, do remember to also procure a spare carb slide. it gets busted very soon. infact, mine gets busted every 8 months...

                    if you have the greens, convert to FI. you will get a better economy and a much better throttle response. also, if required, you can remap it at home and set the rpm limit at whatever speed you like :P.
                    you can get a trottle body kit for the r-15 and the ecu from Joel or from Race Dynamics (I have a reason to believe that joel also gets his kit from here)

                    wishing you a happy modding session.
                    also, please post the results here. i am running on a high comp engine setup on my bike and facing issues. if i am fedup soon, maybe you can have the carb on my bike

                    EDIT: If you can source me an Zmr engine, please info me. I need a complete zmr engine assly with wiring harness and the fi kit. ecu does not matter :P
                    Suffering from Parked Motorcycle Syndrome

                    Cant ride ? read this..
                    http://MechMarvels.wordpress.com

                    Repair manuals for Hero honda Hunk
                    https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/do-your...eneration.html

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ROCKRZ View Post
                      a p-180 carb costs about 2700 bucks.. go for it. but do remember, since you are running on K&N, do remember to also procure a spare carb slide. it gets busted very soon. infact, mine gets busted every 8 months...

                      if you have the greens, convert to FI. you will get a better economy and a much better throttle response. also, if required, you can remap it at home and set the rpm limit at whatever speed you like :P.
                      you can get a trottle body kit for the r-15 and the ecu from Joel or from Race Dynamics (I have a reason to believe that joel also gets his kit from here)

                      wishing you a happy modding session.
                      also, please post the results here. i am running on a high comp engine setup on my bike and facing issues. if i am fedup soon, maybe you can have the carb on my bike

                      EDIT: If you can source me an Zmr engine, please info me. I need a complete zmr engine assly with wiring harness and the fi kit. ecu does not matter :P

                      Thanx for all the suggestions
                      And indeed u poked my brains with the FI n other suggestions
                      But... "Greens".. :P
                      I'm a student.. have to wait for holidays, to work over at some dataentry center.. get some cash in hand and then spend it.. :P so, takes time.. NO Aish on Baap ka Cash :P

                      But neway, neither am I leaving the bike, nor is she going newhre so, lots more to go.. will stay in touch with u about ur carb :P
                      sigpic
                      Riding Your Bike Is Heaven & Parking Your Bike Is Hell.
                      My Machine, is a One off Machine: The Craziest & Fastest Unicorn on The streets: http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/general-...-spirit-3.html

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by xtremevirus View Post
                        I am sincerely very sorry, to have just disappeared after making the post!
                        Got busy and literally forgot about it..
                        But, will upload some pics for it as well..
                        and within this period, i have infact upgraded to joel's 180 kit..
                        But as the problem of jetting still exists (my city Ahmedabad, is a **** hole for performance enthusiasts)..

                        still after getting the 180 kit, i did try a Karizma Carb, with the Karizma Jets, and with the stock jets.. well neither of them worked out ..
                        Trying to source a p180 carb.. to try it first.. if it works out, will buy one.!

                        will update this topic with pics and a 180 review within the next week
                        my 10 cents,i had tried the p200 carb on the stock Unicorn,made a world of difference,good throttle response and if not a marginally better top end(thanks to the milder cam that the unicorn had)
                        Socha Toh Locha.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by velociraptor13 View Post
                          my 10 cents,i had tried the p200 carb on the stock Unicorn,made a world of difference,good throttle response and if not a marginally better top end(thanks to the milder cam that the unicorn had)
                          Did Unicorn have a Throttle Position Sensor? well the main prob that i am having is the Dazzler has a TPS.. and i don't exactly knw what to do with it
                          Joel suggested to lock it at max :P but have to figure out how to do that.

                          Other than that, what do u think the p200 carb will work on the dazzy with the180 kit as well?

                          wats the venturi size of the p200 carb?
                          sigpic
                          Riding Your Bike Is Heaven & Parking Your Bike Is Hell.
                          My Machine, is a One off Machine: The Craziest & Fastest Unicorn on The streets: http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/general-...-spirit-3.html

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Joel View Post
                            Thanks for the review.
                            A lot more can be done, if the bike is brought down.
                            Anyways, depending on the enquiry for dazzler kits, we can probably make a batch of exhausts, intake, head etc.
                            dude can you please help me for my p180-2012?like to improve the performance...........no matter about the cost...........

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by premkumar View Post
                              dude can you please help me for my p180-2012?like to improve the performance...........no matter about the cost...........
                              contact joel he would be the perfect man for the job

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X