Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Dawn & dusk make slight hard to adjust.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to xBhp Forums v2020

Welcome to 2020 Edition of the xBhp Forums . As you might have already noticed, the forums have undergone a major upgrade to keep up with the times. This will make the forums faster and intuitive and much more mobile friendly.

The basic functioning of the forum remains the same.

We are still tightening the loose nuts and bolts and it will take some time.

However, in case you are facing any issues or problems accessing the forums or posting here, please do let us know.

Any feedback/suggestions are also welcome!

You can post your suggestions on this thread itself!


https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/forum-a...s-2020-welcome
See more
See less

Orazo Riding Boots

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Orazo Boots View Post
    Two details: There is no padding for toe shifter, but the upper is made of 2 mm leather, and underneath it, in the toe region is steel/ rubber flange - this ought to be pretty good for longevity in that region.

    Re smelly feet: This would happen in any footwear if it does not breathe. Mesh is one component (lining) that breathes. Orazo boots have foam bonded fabric instead of mesh - this material breathes as well. Besides, this is not the only component that gives breatheability to a footwear. If you study the section of the Orazo boots, in the feet area, they have leather, lined up with nonwoven fabrics - which ensure good breathing, and hence no smelly feet!
    Interesting, they sound like army boots with the steel/rubber flange...
    Too difficult to understand the 'nonwoven' 'foam bonded fabric' and all...
    Send me a trial pair I will test ride and post a review for you
    Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

    .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
    PowerDrift:.

    #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
    #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
    #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
    #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
    #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
    � Satyen Poojary

    Comment


    • #17
      An update on the shoe usage

      As you all are aware, we had been given some pairs of shoes by Orazo for use during this GIR. We were provided with shoes from their entire model range and we've been using them extensively during this ride.

      Till date, after using them for over two months and having ridden about 11000kms, we have not faced any major negative issues with the shoes. All our bikes have toe-type gear shifters only and I believe we would have shifted gears about half a million times by now. But there has been no sign of wear/scouring/denting etc due to gear-shifter pressure on the shoe toe region.

      Comfort levels have been good (we've worn the shoes for 15 hrs at a stretch and sometimes more) and the soles did not tend to slip off the pegs even when we put our foot down in muck a couple of times.

      Size-fits also do not seem to be an issue. My foot size is somewhere between 9-10 (Euro or 'Bata') and size 9 has fit my foot like a glove.

      During the ride, we had given the Orazo people some feedback in respect of making these shoes/boots more specific for motorcycle riding, mainly in terms of extra safety around the ankle area and the need for more 'breathing' in the shoe without compromising on their water-resistance. These changes are more of the 'internal structure' related than being visible externally. (My experience with shoe-manufacturing as I have produced certain shoe components over almost a decade during the 90's came in handy here) Kudos to the seriousness of Orazo, they produced a few more pairs, as prototypes, with those mods and sent them to us in Hyderabad.

      We have been using these 'new' boots extensively since then and find them to be really good now. These boots are not 'pure' riding boots(in the sense that they do not have that rigidity and extensive 'hard' protection measures built around them. (All that costs the sky and riding boots as such are not comfortable to walk around in.) They are more of the 'multi-purpose' type foot-wear with a good level of foot protection built in keeping motorcycling in mind.

      We have another 4000-odd kms to go and this ride has really put all our equipment, which includes the foot-wear, to its maximum usage. Will keep you all informed about how these shoes have fared over these 75 days. As of now, they are a great deal better than the usual 'metal-toed' trekking boots that end up as riding boots. And I see no reason why they won't remain a 'better' deal in days to come.

      Ride long and safe...

      Old Fox
      I don't let my motorcycles interfere with my motorcycling...

      Join xBhp On

      Comment


      • #18
        @OF: So What happened?
        I am kinda intrested in buying the Picus or the Falco.... some more details, especially the 'water-resistant' bit would be good!
        Would they last well in Mumbai Rains.... (Consider that to be equivalent to swimming in water :P )
        Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

        .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
        PowerDrift:.

        #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
        #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
        #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
        #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
        #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
        � Satyen Poojary

        Comment


        • #19
          OF/Sunil sir, please let us know the overall experience, and as Satyen said, water-resistance effectiveness.
          The Leh Experience!!
          My '08 Suzuki GSX650F

          Escapade to the Eastern Ghats
          Orissa 1302
          My BlackBull - Bullet Electra 5S

          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Old Fox View Post
            As you all are aware, we had been given some pairs of shoes by Orazo for use during this GIR. We were provided with shoes from their entire model range and we've been using them extensively during this ride.

            Till date, after using them for over two months and having ridden about 11000kms, we have not faced any major negative issues with the shoes. All our bikes have toe-type gear shifters only and I believe we would have shifted gears about half a million times by now. But there has been no sign of wear/scouring/denting etc due to gear-shifter pressure on the shoe toe region.

            Comfort levels have been good (we've worn the shoes for 15 hrs at a stretch and sometimes more) and the soles did not tend to slip off the pegs even when we put our foot down in muck a couple of times.

            Size-fits also do not seem to be an issue. My foot size is somewhere between 9-10 (Euro or 'Bata') and size 9 has fit my foot like a glove.

            During the ride, we had given the Orazo people some feedback in respect of making these shoes/boots more specific for motorcycle riding, mainly in terms of extra safety around the ankle area and the need for more 'breathing' in the shoe without compromising on their water-resistance. These changes are more of the 'internal structure' related than being visible externally. (My experience with shoe-manufacturing as I have produced certain shoe components over almost a decade during the 90's came in handy here) Kudos to the seriousness of Orazo, they produced a few more pairs, as prototypes, with those mods and sent them to us in Hyderabad.

            We have been using these 'new' boots extensively since then and find them to be really good now. These boots are not 'pure' riding boots(in the sense that they do not have that rigidity and extensive 'hard' protection measures built around them. (All that costs the sky and riding boots as such are not comfortable to walk around in.) They are more of the 'multi-purpose' type foot-wear with a good level of foot protection built in keeping motorcycling in mind.

            We have another 4000-odd kms to go and this ride has really put all our equipment, which includes the foot-wear, to its maximum usage. Will keep you all informed about how these shoes have fared over these 75 days. As of now, they are a great deal better than the usual 'metal-toed' trekking boots that end up as riding boots. And I see no reason why they won't remain a 'better' deal in days to come.

            Ride long and safe...

            Old Fox
            old fox ,could shoes having thick soles be difficult to be used with toe shifters which are set low ,as to not being able to get the shoes below the shifters to lift up, i have just bought reebok dmx worth 8k ,found out it cannot be used to shift gears,it just wont go below the shifters
            sigpic

            finding god is easier than finding hidden spy cameras - Swami Nithyananda

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by satyenpoojary View Post
              @OF: So What happened?
              I am kinda intrested in buying the Picus or the Falco.... some more details, especially the 'water-resistant' bit would be good!
              Would they last well in Mumbai Rains.... (Consider that to be equivalent to swimming in water :P )
              Satyen: somehow missed out on your query.
              The shoes are still going strong and I use them almost everyday. The 'water resistance' is 'water resistance' and not 'water proofing'. Moderate rains and/or splashes while riding were handled quite well by both Picus and I-bis. Falco has an elasticized band near the ankles on both sides of the shoe and elastics cannot be made water-impermeable.

              Originally posted by diffuser911 View Post
              OF/Sunil sir, please let us know the overall experience, and as Satyen said, water-resistance effectiveness.
              Check out what I've written above. The shoes have not given any four of us any problems whatsoever till date. Seem good value for money.

              Originally posted by anirudh fz1 View Post
              old fox ,could shoes having thick soles be difficult to be used with toe shifters which are set low ,as to not being able to get the shoes below the shifters to lift up, i have just bought reebok dmx worth 8k ,found out it cannot be used to shift gears,it just wont go below the shifters
              Anirudh: I have not faced any special problems while wearing shoes with thick soles and I have always worn thick soled shoes.
              I don't let my motorcycles interfere with my motorcycling...

              Join xBhp On

              Comment


              • #22
                nice i will check it out, but we do get military boots at CP or steel toed CAT boots right? btw how is the road grip especially in wet situations?
                sigpic
                FZ 16 for sale

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Orazo Boots View Post
                  You could order the boots at Pardesi Auto Spares, Gurudwara Road, Karol Bagh in New Delhi.
                  If you order online at the website, your pair will be delivered to your address anywhere in India by courier.
                  Mr. Orazo Boots, Are you online? I wanted more help. I want to purchase these boots, and my queries are:-->

                  1. I have the Cash in hand required. So, how can I order online, as I'm in Ajmer. I mean, how should I go about it, and when should I pay actually?
                  Can I pay after delivery?

                  2. Is it true that they can sustain a Car Weight on the toe? I remember Satyenpoojary mentioning somewhere, that a car's rear wheel was on his left foot, and he didn't notice it until he tried lifting his foot, all credit to some Iron Sole Shoes.

                  3., How durable they are accod. to time and what is the warranty offered by the company?

                  Kindly reply to this.. If it lasts anywhere from 3-4 years and other factors are in favor too, I'll get a pair for myself.

                  --
                  @ Old Fox: Thank you Sir, your feedback has inclined me towards purchasing these.
                  ---
                  Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
                  Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Samarth 619 View Post
                    Mr. Orazo Boots, Are you online? I wanted more help. I want to purchase these boots, and my queries are:-->

                    1. I have the Cash in hand required. So, how can I order online, as I'm in Ajmer. I mean, how should I go about it, and when should I pay actually?
                    Can I pay after delivery?

                    2. Is it true that they can sustain a Car Weight on the toe? I remember Satyenpoojary mentioning somewhere, that a car's rear wheel was on his left foot, and he didn't notice it until he tried lifting his foot, all credit to some Iron Sole Shoes.

                    3., How durable they are accod. to time and what is the warranty offered by the company?

                    Kindly reply to this.. If it lasts anywhere from 3-4 years and other factors are in favor too, I'll get a pair for myself.

                    --
                    @ Old Fox: Thank you Sir, your feedback has inclined me towards purchasing these.
                    I might help you with it, I am Visiting the Shop / Centre Tumrw!
                    " Nothing Z Forever,Except D Change "

                    Spiti ||Binsar || Lansdowne

                    Click Here to Subscribe to the xBhp Delhi SMS Channel
                    Click here to See my Photography Work

                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I have one such multipurpose boots. Normally all guys working in a manufacturing plants will have such type of safety shoes. I have been using such one for nearly three years. It too has a steel toe. This shoe also contains a sole made of Polyurethane, which is anti-skid, resistant to acids, alkalis, mineral oils and organic fats. These shoes are heavy and you can even kick a wall with full force, yet there won’t be any damage to sole or our toes. You don’t need a protection pad for the shifting area. These are real tough.

                      But the pad part is, don’t take this shoes to track. They completely lack feedback and also with these shoes it’s a bit difficult to position your feet in the peg when you are about to enter a corner. The thick soles are the reason for it. Also you are bound to lock up your rear brakes very easily due to lack of feedback.

                      For normal riding and walking, ya, its pretty good. But people with sensitive feet, pls stay away. The feet will sweat like a pig and some might feel irritation in the feet, if you happen to use normal socks.

                      The one I have, had, will look similar to Coot all black. If you guys need, I can post the pics.

                      @Samarth 619 : What satyen told is true. Steel toe shoes are real tough.
                      @Satyen : All the field employees in my company are compulsorily made to wear these shoes. We have a branch in Mumbai too
                      Last edited by GP_freak; 09-06-2009, 07:53 PM. Reason: So many typos

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Samarth 619 View Post
                        Mr. Orazo Boots, Are you online? I wanted more help. I want to purchase these boots, and my queries are:-->

                        1. I have the Cash in hand required. So, how can I order online, as I'm in Ajmer. I mean, how should I go about it, and when should I pay actually?
                        Can I pay after delivery?

                        2. Is it true that they can sustain a Car Weight on the toe? I remember Satyenpoojary mentioning somewhere, that a car's rear wheel was on his left foot, and he didn't notice it until he tried lifting his foot, all credit to some Iron Sole Shoes.

                        3., How durable they are accod. to time and what is the warranty offered by the company?

                        Kindly reply to this.. If it lasts anywhere from 3-4 years and other factors are in favor too, I'll get a pair for myself.

                        --
                        @ Old Fox: Thank you Sir, your feedback has inclined me towards purchasing these.

                        Hi Samarth,

                        Payment: If you wish to pay cash, or by cheque - as against by a credit card - we have developed some options. They are not yet up on the website, but if you mail at tne contact us id (info@orazosafety.com); I shall guide you through the process.

                        Toe protection: The boots have a toe impact resistance of 200 Joules, and a compression resistance of 15 kN. This roughly translates to a 20 kg load dropping from a height of 1 meter (the impact resistance part); and a 1,500 kg static load (compression resistance part). The load transmitted on one wheel of even a big sedan would be no more than 500-600 kgs - so it should take care of a car running over the wearer's toe.

                        Warranty/ Durability: We, as a manufacturer offer a one year warranty on the boots. As a user, you will find the life to be more. Old Fox got his first pair of Orazo from us nearly four years back - so maybe you can check this issue from him.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by GP_freak View Post



                          For normal riding and walking, ya, its pretty good. But people with sensitive feet, pls stay away. The feet will sweat like a pig and some might feel irritation in the feet, if you happen to use normal socks.

                          The one I have, had, will look similar to Coot all black. If you guys need, I can post the pics.

                          @Samarth 619 : What satyen told is true. Steel toe shoes are real tough.
                          @Satyen : All the field employees in my company are compulsorily made to wear these shoes. We have a branch in Mumbai too
                          Hi GP_freak,

                          The issue of sweating and irritation is related to the breathability of the boot. One characteristic of a well made boot is the usage of materials and design to ensure good breathing. It is not that all metal toe boots will cause sweat and irritation on the feet - Orazo certainly do not!!

                          The feedback received from the All India Passion Hunt riders very much corroborated that. They used it for several hours at a stretch, in reasonably warm conditions; and seemed to have been pretty comfortable.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Samarth 619 View Post
                            Mr. Orazo Boots, Are you online? I wanted more help. I want to purchase these boots, and my queries are:-->

                            1. I have the Cash in hand required. So, how can I order online, as I'm in Ajmer. I mean, how should I go about it, and when should I pay actually?
                            Can I pay after delivery?

                            2. Is it true that they can sustain a Car Weight on the toe? I remember Satyenpoojary mentioning somewhere, that a car's rear wheel was on his left foot, and he didn't notice it until he tried lifting his foot, all credit to some Iron Sole Shoes.

                            3., How durable they are accod. to time and what is the warranty offered by the company?

                            Kindly reply to this.. If it lasts anywhere from 3-4 years and other factors are in favor too, I'll get a pair for myself.
                            Mods :- Please delete the post..did not see the reply above.

                            --
                            @ Old Fox: Thank you Sir, your feedback has inclined me towards purchasing these.
                            The website has option to purchase online. On The Rocks-The Adventure Store also sells them but there is a difference in price, may be the prices are not updated.
                            http://www.facebook.com/BIKERCENTRIC
                            http://stores.ebay.in/BIKERCENTRIC

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Orazo Boots View Post
                              Hi Samarth,

                              Payment: If you wish to pay cash, or by cheque - as against by a credit card - we have developed some options. They are not yet up on the website, but if you mail at tne contact us id (info@orazosafety.com); I shall guide you through the process.

                              Toe protection: The boots have a toe impact resistance of 200 Joules, and a compression resistance of 15 kN. This roughly translates to a 20 kg load dropping from a height of 1 meter (the impact resistance part); and a 1,500 kg static load (compression resistance part). The load transmitted on one wheel of even a big sedan would be no more than 500-600 kgs - so it should take care of a car running over the wearer's toe.

                              Warranty/ Durability: We, as a manufacturer offer a one year warranty on the boots. As a user, you will find the life to be more. Old Fox got his first pair of Orazo from us nearly four years back - so maybe you can check this issue from him.
                              I see. All right, When I'll open my mailbox, I'll send a Message. Thanks for the info.

                              Originally posted by L.P. View Post
                              I might help you with it, I am Visiting the Shop / Centre Tumrw!
                              Thanks bro, Waiting for your reply...
                              -
                              @ GP_Freak: So, you had a similar pair from a different manufacturer? Well, this one seems more breathable, like someone mentioned above...
                              -
                              @ mangaloreaviators: Well, I think I'll better purchase from Orazo online, as "Orazo Boots", a member here will help me with this.
                              ---
                              Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
                              Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by mangaloreaviators View Post
                                The website has option to purchase online. On The Rocks-The Adventure Store also sells them but there is a difference in price, may be the prices are not updated.

                                We (Verala Leather Exports P Ltd.) are the manufacturers of the Orazo range of boots; as well as the owners/ operators of the website (orazosafety.com). Please be sure that all commitments made on the website will be honoured

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X