Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Be smooth with your gear shifts.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honda launches 2013 VTR 250 and VTR 250F for Japan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Honda launches 2013 VTR 250 and VTR 250F for Japan

    Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-Honda-VTR-250-and-VTR-250F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1975329

    The Honda VTR250 has been around since 1997 and remained pretty much the same design ever since. The engine is a 90 degree V-Twin with a capacity of 249cc, a slightly more fun one than the one on the CBR250R. It churns out a healthy 29.5HP @ 10,500 RPM and 21.9Nm of torque at 8,500 RPM. The 2013 Honda VTR-F gets a semi faired version that houses a VFR’ish reflector design. Also new is the instrument cluster that gets a analogue tachometer with a LCD screen, while the VTR standard version uses a smaller LCD screen with two analogue dials. Apart from these differences both the versions are pretty similar. Both feature a 5 speed gear box with a well sorted gearing, the brakes are twin piston ones with 140/70-17 rear and 110/70-17 front wheels to work with. Both versions feature 41mm telescopic forks and a rear mono-shock. The VTR weighs 161 kilograms and the VTF-F weighs 164.2 kilograms and comes in Magna Red, Graphite Black and Pearl White.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Honda-VTR250_555.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1975332
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Honda-VTR250F_555.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1975331
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-Honda-VTR-250-VTR-250F-02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1975333Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-Honda-VTR-250-VTR-250F-03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1975334
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Monk; 02-15-2013, 01:49 PM.
    Got a $5 head? Get a $5 helmet.

  • #2
    News Approved
    Biking is not about what you have between your legs, its all about how well you use it!!!!!!!

    Give your details here if you want to help your fellow xBhpian stranded in your city

    Touring Blog: Cycling in Mongolia!

    Comment


    • #3
      Good bikes except the rear part which looks borrowed from a cruiser. The seats look comfortable though. Are these iterations of CBR250r platform?

      Comment


      • #4
        The VTR 250F should be sold here, albeit at a price higher than the CBR250R! That V-Twin motor looks yumm!

        Even the VTR250 makes a lot of sense to be sold, can go up against the naked Comet 250 if it ever comes.
        _________________________
        LoneWolfRides©

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Praful View Post
          The VTR 250F should be sold here, albeit at a price higher than the CBR250R! That V-Twin motor looks yumm!

          Even the VTR250 makes a lot of sense to be sold, can go up against the naked Comet 250 if it ever comes.
          VTR250 looks refereshing, not a big fan of naked bikes but it does look good even with the cruiser-ish tail. The bikini fairing with that frame on 250F looks weird.
          sigpic
          I am responsible !
          I am trying !

          Comment


          • #6
            DUCATI INSPIRED Bikes!!

            BUT i wont mind driving one! Bring that to Phils!

            Comment


            • #7
              Both these should be brought to India. I am a big fan for the Nakeds and the VTR250 looks cool and refreshing.

              Comment


              • #8
                though i am not a great fan of nakeds, and these bikes are not great style statements, still they are practical bikes... seems like small capacity do-it-all kind of bikes. why can't we have the same V-twin in CBR250.
                sigpic

                Tyre Sizes _ Spark Plugs

                Headlight Focus _ Fork Oils

                All India xBhp Couple Riders Thread

                Ashtavinayak + Shirdi
                Purandar
                Raigad
                Dapoli
                Aurangabad
                Kaas Plateu & Thoseghar Waterfalls
                Purandar

                Comment


                • #9
                  VRF250F seems to be the best upgrade for those who are struck with zma and 220's .I think its more practical and tourer friendly than an fully faired bike.Being a 250 its range should also be good and better than other superbikes.Finally if they launch it honda is gonna beat the hero very soon since they are building the right brand image with bigger bikes plus economical bikes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by princesirohi View Post
                    why can't we have the same V-twin in CBR250.
                    The sole aim of the CBR250R is affordable performance! The VTR is slightly higher priced compared to the CBR!
                    _________________________
                    LoneWolfRides©

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      we need a semifaired tourer what can be the successor of ZMA for the next decade...
                      RG

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Praful View Post
                        The sole aim of the CBR250R is affordable performance! The VTR is slightly higher priced compared to the CBR!
                        If the product is good, people will end up buying regardless of whether it's priced a little higher or not. It looks refreshing compared to other bikes being sold in India, so I don't see it failing as a product. But Honda will NOT get this to India for sure. According to them, the CBR fits the kitty here, done.
                        It all begins with a thumb-start -- Oh, wait, I forgot the kill-switch

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by srini View Post
                          If the product is good, people will end up buying regardless of whether it's priced a little higher or not.
                          People buy stuff even if its shit!

                          Honda is here to do business, a cheaper motorcycle will obviously sell more than a more expensive bike and its all about raking in the big numbers. Case in point, CBR250 vs N250.
                          _________________________
                          LoneWolfRides©

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by princesirohi View Post
                            though i am not a great fan of nakeds, and these bikes are not great style statements, still they are practical bikes... seems like small capacity do-it-all kind of bikes. why can't we have the same V-twin in CBR250.
                            I agree, Nothing great on design front - the VTR-F looks like a 90s design reminding of the Karizmas... with some Ducati blood. However, every practical - period.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Giftonsamuel View Post
                              VRF250F seems to be the best upgrade for those who are struck with zma and 220's .I think its more practical and tourer friendly than an fully faired bike.Being a 250 its range should also be good and better than other superbikes.Finally if they launch it honda is gonna beat the hero very soon since they are building the right brand image with bigger bikes plus economical bikes.
                              Doesn't feel even like an upgrade. 9Hp gain after these many years doesn't qualify for that tag in my math. Upgrades are coming soon it seems.
                              These 250s may prove nice step-up for that 14Hp riders.
                              WEBSITE : http://kochumvk.com/
                              YOUTUBE CHANNEL :https://www.youtube.com/user/kochumvk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X