Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Squeeze that brake, don’t grat a handful.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

    Aprilia launched its SR150, Crossover Scooter in India at a starting price of Rs 65,000 ex-showroom, Delhi. The premium Italian scooter is targeted for people looking for the sensation of sports bikes coupled with the convenience of automatic scooters.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1996950Click image for larger version

Name:	Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000 - 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1996951 Added Lorenzo Savadori, The launch event also saw the unveiling of an exclusive line of Aprilia merchandise which will be available through the Motoplex Stores and dealerships across the geography.

    News Source: Piaggio India Press Release

  • #2
    Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

    I have booked a black SR150 on paytm couple of days back. Yesterday got a call from the dealership stating that a test ride vehicle was available with them and I can check it out. I went there, had a look at it. The vehicle was there, but the SA said that it's been there hardly for 10 minutes and he doesn't even have the keys with him , enquired about onroad price and other details, which, to my dismay were not available with them. The SA asked me come down today and promised to give me the break down of OTR price and details regarding accessories et al. I was/am quite interested about the vehicle itself, but now having second thoughts about it, not that it's bad or anything but with doubts whether it will serve my intended purpose. I guess it will serve me well as a daily commuter but I am concerned about the weekly/monthly vegetable/grocery shop visits.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

      My question is, why hasnt this scooter's spy pics ever been snaped during test run!! Or has it not been tested? Would it be tested on the customers!!!
      HH Dawn - TVS Star City - Yamaha Gladiator - TVS RTR 180 - Honda CBR 250R - Yamaha R3

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

        +1 to the above. We dont see much scoots being tested, do we. For the likes of Mahindra, Hero et all.
        R15S - Current
        Honda Dio - Current
        TNT 600i - Sold
        Classic 500 - Sold
        Pulsar 220 dtsi - Sold
        Yamaha YBX125 - Sold

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

          Originally posted by sambit View Post
          My question is, why hasnt this scooter's spy pics ever been snaped during test run!! Or has it not been tested? Would it be tested on the customers!!!
          I guess this is kind of mix-up of parts from Aprilia! like they have Motard SR scoots with engines ranging from 50CC, so they have the chassis and parts with them, then they have this 154.5CC engine made for Vespla VXL/SXL readily available here in India.. voila we get the SR 150! I hope that we are not going to be guinea pigs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

            In Pune, the SR150 is available at an introductory price of Rs. 64000/- ex-showroom and Rs. 74000/- on-road.
            Ride To Live

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

              When is the delivery expected to the customers ?
              R15S - Current
              Honda Dio - Current
              TNT 600i - Sold
              Classic 500 - Sold
              Pulsar 220 dtsi - Sold
              Yamaha YBX125 - Sold

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

                Took a test drive yesterday, I am sad to report, now I am searching for ways to cancel my booking on paytm. I do accept that, the road conditions and length of test drive were not ideal to enjoy the power of the engine, but for me it was ruled out for two reasons, 1. seat, it's strictly a single person seat, if you are heavy or tall then you will find it difficult to sit comfortably and not at all suitable for me as I was looking for a scoot to commute short distances with wife. 2. Stiff suspension, test drove Suzuki Access shortly after and the ride felt more sorted on Access.

                I was really excited to see something new, and still hope it does good numbers just to encourage other major players to bring new designs/concepts to the Indian market, Maxi scooters, cross breeds, etc..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

                  Few More Photos from the Aprilia SR150 Launch

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000 - 4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1940536

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000 - 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1940537

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000 - 5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1940538

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

                    Originally posted by JazWingrider View Post
                    Took a test drive yesterday, I am sad to report, now I am searching for ways to cancel my booking on paytm. I do accept that, the road conditions and length of test drive were not ideal to enjoy the power of the engine, but for me it was ruled out for two reasons, 1. seat, it's strictly a single person seat, if you are heavy or tall then you will find it difficult to sit comfortably and not at all suitable for me as I was looking for a scoot to commute short distances with wife. 2. Stiff suspension, test drove Suzuki Access shortly after and the ride felt more sorted on Access.

                    I was really excited to see something new, and still hope it does good numbers just to encourage other major players to bring new designs/concepts to the Indian market, Maxi scooters, cross breeds, etc..
                    Damn, It was written - Order cant be cancelled. Hence I had not booked mine. After reading so many reviews on teambhp and other blogs, it seems like a scooter for College goers/Single people. I will testride once, when it comes to showroom here in Sept. Or else Suzuki Access is finalized. BTW, this scoot I will b buying for dad.
                    HH Dawn - TVS Star City - Yamaha Gladiator - TVS RTR 180 - Honda CBR 250R - Yamaha R3

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

                      Originally posted by JazWingrider View Post
                      1. seat, it's strictly a single person seat, if you are heavy or tall then you will find it difficult to sit comfortably and not at all suitable for me as I was looking for a scoot to commute short distances with wife. 2. Stiff suspension, test drove Suzuki Access shortly after and the ride felt more sorted on Access.
                      Seating is something which cannot be overlooked, But suspension stiffness, isnt it adjustable. During the PD review, the test ride reported that the suspension is purposefully set up for better corner attacking, to keep the bike stable as it comes out of the corners.
                      R15S - Current
                      Honda Dio - Current
                      TNT 600i - Sold
                      Classic 500 - Sold
                      Pulsar 220 dtsi - Sold
                      Yamaha YBX125 - Sold

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

                        Originally posted by TheArcher84 View Post
                        Seating is something which cannot be overlooked, But suspension stiffness, isnt it adjustable. During the PD review, the test ride reported that the suspension is purposefully set up for better corner attacking, to keep the bike stable as it comes out of the corners.
                        I too read it in reviews and heard the same in the numerous video reviews that the suspension is on stiffer side to aid handling. But after riding I felt that it was too firm to be comfortable. With pillion, it isn't comforable even for short rides let alone long rides. Funny that, as I am typing this, my wife is telling me how horrific was the experience with SR150, with little room to sit and without a proper foot rest.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

                          Originally posted by JazWingrider View Post
                          I too read it in reviews and heard the same in the numerous video reviews that the suspension is on stiffer side to aid handling. But after riding I felt that it was too firm to be comfortable. With pillion, it isn't comforable even for short rides let alone long rides. Funny that, as I am typing this, my wife is telling me how horrific was the experience with SR150, with little room to sit and without a proper foot rest.
                          Wife is always right . Trust me, I felt it, I know you felt it too sometime in this journey...Good luck buddy.
                          R15S - Current
                          Honda Dio - Current
                          TNT 600i - Sold
                          Classic 500 - Sold
                          Pulsar 220 dtsi - Sold
                          Yamaha YBX125 - Sold

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

                            Originally posted by TheArcher84 View Post
                            Wife is always right . Trust me, I felt it, I know you felt it too sometime in this journey...Good luck buddy.
                            Have to agree on that 😃 and as far as scoot is concerned, I guess I have to shelve the idea and wait until something interesting pops up, from the japs preferably.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Aprilia SR150 launched in India at Rs 65,000

                              For some reason to me, the looks don't seem to be as good as the Honda Dio or the Navi. But, it's personal preference though. : Period:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X