Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Check the helmet from inside.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to xBhp Forums v2020

Welcome to 2020 Edition of the xBhp Forums . As you might have already noticed, the forums have undergone a major upgrade to keep up with the times. This will make the forums faster and intuitive and much more mobile friendly.

The basic functioning of the forum remains the same.

We are still tightening the loose nuts and bolts and it will take some time.

However, in case you are facing any issues or problems accessing the forums or posting here, please do let us know.

Any feedback/suggestions are also welcome!

You can post your suggestions on this thread itself!


https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/forum-a...s-2020-welcome
See more
See less

Solo Ride to Gorgeous Kumaon (V-20.10)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Solo Ride to Gorgeous Kumaon (V-20.10)

    Introduction :
    It was 1 December 2009, recently did Shimla trip and now,I was thinking of a next trip don't know why.?

    31th December 2009 when I heard,that Manan bhai went to Munsiyari at that time,I was having exams on 31th eve, me busy with fat/bulky books.My mind was in mountains and eyes on text books aagh..!! can't do much have to give exams,but he did asked me before going to Munsiyari.

    I make many plans of don't know where like mad unreachable places.One day searching Mr.Google,I saw a thread on Jalori Pass from xbhp and other sites too and get excited after seeing that place,started making plans where to go,which rout to take,what expense bla-bla.

    Plan A: Noida-Shimla-Narkanda-Khanag-Jalori Jot (total 1000 kms)

    For this KurtRules aka Vaibhav Sir help me lot,give solid information about that place and which rout to take.
    I was still confuse whether to go Himachal or not,because was not able to find any partner who can give me company for that trip.My touring partner was having some problems and he couldn't join in so have to make it solo.Their is no harm in going solo,Solo trips makes you robust,it was time for my Plan B

    Plan B : Noida- Rampur-Nainital-Almora-Binsar-Bageshwar-Chaukori-Bajnath-Kausani-Ranikhet-Nainital-Rampur-Noida (total trip 1100 Kms)

    The places above comes in uttarakhand makes a Kumaon region in uttarakhand.

    Uttarakhand is divided into two parts
    1>Garhwal
    2>Kumaon

    I visited Kumaon:
    Kumaon (or Kumaun) kumaun is one of the two regions and administrative divisions of Uttarakhand, a mountainous state of northern India, the other being Garhwal. It includes the districts of Almora, Bageshwar, Champawat, Nainital, Pithoragarh, and Udham Singh Nagar. It is bounded on the north by Tibet, on the east by Nepal, on the south by the state of Uttar Pradesh, and on the west by the Garhwal region. The people of Kumaon are known as Kumaonis and speak the Kumaoni language. It is home to a famous Indian Army regiment, the Kumaon Regiment. Important towns of Kumaon are Haldwani, Nainital, Rudrapur, Almora, Pithoragarh, Mukteshwar and Ranikhet. Nainital is the administrative centre of Kumaon Division.

    So Plan B locked now have to keep many things which include Tools,Maps etc.Get my Pulsi serviced every thing was in order,My Plan was concrete.

    Ride Safe & Ride Long-->
    Zayn

  • #2
    Topic Approved.

    Good to know you visited Kumaon, and more importantly Chaukori! I was there just a couple of weeks back and I will surely be going back there again soon. Anyhow, I'm sure, like me the rest of us are waiting for the text to follow along with the photographs, ofcourse.
    :)

    Comment


    • #3
      great that you did this ride.

      Now waiting for the log along with pics
      sigpic
      Engineer, Biker and Photographer


      My Photography Page
      http://www.mandhirpictography.com/
      http://500px.com/mandhirbajwa
      https://www.facebook.com/Mandhir.Pictography

      Comment


      • #4
        congratulations for your solo ride zayn bro, post rest of your log as soon as possible we are waiting .
        The Global Indian Biker And His Blog

        shaz-bikersblog

        Comment


        • #5
          Wow Zayn, never knew that you write so well. Am keeping an eye on this thread. pour in!

          Congrats for doing a SOLO.....I see you evolving from a commuter to a Tourer! Kudos!
          Its not about the BHP or the CC, its about one common religion called Biking!!!

          Save the Tigers! Only 1411 (excluding ME) are left!




          This is my entry in the blogging world!!

          Comment


          • #6
            So you didnt head off to himachal! Nonetheless, congrats on the solo ride. I feel you were locked on plan B as you had more info on the route, condition and confidence for venturing out solo to kumaon
            " I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain

            Comment


            • #7
              Zayn bro.. come'on let the post & pic coming... dont hold it.. we are waiting eagerly.
              The Art of Safe Riding http://www.ridesafewith.me/

              ************************************
              Bikers, Checkout below for complete option from 100 CC-250 CC bike segment available in India.

              Buyers Guide- Initiative by Bike Advise

              or Checkout

              http://**********.s3.amazonaws.com/buyersguide.pdf

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Aryan View Post
                Topic Approved.

                Good to know you visited Kumaon, and more importantly Chaukori! I was there just a couple of weeks back and I will surely be going back there again soon. Anyhow, I'm sure, like me the rest of us are waiting for the text to follow along with the photographs, ofcourse.
                Yes Dada I know that you visited Chaukori.I was thinking of you when I visited that place.

                Originally posted by sherry_unicornlover View Post
                great that you did this ride.

                Now waiting for the log along with pics
                Thanks buddy had to do this ride in any case was bored at home..

                Originally posted by shawaiz khan View Post
                congratulations for your solo ride zayn bro, post rest of your log as soon as possible we are waiting .
                Thanks Pal

                Originally posted by kurtrules View Post
                So you didnt head off to himachal! Nonetheless, congrats on the solo ride. I feel you were locked on plan B as you had more info on the route, condition and confidence for venturing out solo to kumaon
                Sir I'm really sorry please don't think that I was making you deceive.. it was abrupt plan change I was not familiar with Himachal roads and places.. + don't have a partner too.

                Originally posted by himanshumm View Post
                Zayn bro.. come'on let the post & pic coming... dont hold it.. we are waiting eagerly.
                coming soon!

                Originally posted by dcs View Post
                Wow Zayn, never knew that you write so well. Am keeping an eye on this thread. pour in!

                Congrats for doing a SOLO.....I see you evolving from a commuter to a Tourer! Kudos!
                hehehe thanks Sir aap-ki-dua-se commuter to a Tourer.
                Ride Safe & Ride Long-->
                Zayn

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by zayn View Post
                  Sir I'm really sorry please don't think that I was making you deceive.. it was abrupt plan change I was not familiar with Himachal roads and places.. + don't have a partner too.
                  .
                  Relax Zayn, not an issue, glad to be of help as you will obviously be going there someday.
                  Last edited by kurtrules; 02-04-2010, 05:53 PM.
                  " I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" - Kurt Cobain

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Day-1

                    Tank full,before day 1,my heart was beating hard don't know why but must be because,I was doing this Solo,in case of emergency no one will be there to help me,I have to do my self which was not good at all,on the other hand I was thinking that many people do this why not me.So I decided to reach Rampur on day 1st my home town where,I was born...Go to sleep at 2:30am.

                    Wake up at 7:45am,now funny part,I knew have to go somewhere but don't know where,mind was complete blank like before exams,but after 2-3 mins got it ok.Straight to bathroom have bath get ready and now my mum was behind me with eat this,take this,take that,don't ride fast..all sorts of disturbing questions and answers.,my Dad "arey bike se kon jata hai go from car".. answer "OK"

                    Luggage bags on my Horse,leaving my Pulsi for idling to warm up.Still "OK".I don't have Lighter,so buy a packet of white sticks and a Lighter and now NH-24 was not far from my home it was only 2 kms.Time 8:45am riding at speeds of 60-70kms reach Dasna.Route was known to me as from day I was born, travelling on that route....

                    __________________________________________________ _______________
                    Idling to warm up

                    __________________________________________________ _______________

                    __________________________________________________ _______________
                    Route Taken:

                    Noida-Hapur-Garh Ganga-Gujraula-Joya-Moradabad by pass-Rampur

                    Bridge of Garh Ganga jam packed bumper to bumper traffic,It was due to buddha purnima.Police was diverting traffic don't know where but in some village but I decide to stay on the familiar route Police man was bit confused after seeing my dress up..hehehehe..
                    Had to stop at Gujraula due to phone calls,Here had a cup of tea my plan was not to stop anywhere except Rampur but had too,at Gujraula I was feeling torrid that sun was throwing skin burning UV rays.

                    __________________________________________________ _______________

                    at Gujraula


                    __________________________________________________ _______________

                    Military Shoes and Cargo.. this was enough to make police man dumb



                    __________________________________________________ _______________

                    Reach Rampur my birth place at 1pm my cousin was shocked after seeing me,not me exactly my bike may be..
                    my cousins asked do I know which route to take from here,I said no,he told me the route and took me to Lalpur Dam near Tanda the Dam is constructed on Kosi river.

                    __________________________________________________ _______________
                    Lalpur Dam in Lalpur



                    __________________________________________________ _______________
                    Water reflection



                    __________________________________________________ _______________
                    Lush Green Farm



                    __________________________________________________ _______________
                    come back from there and discuss all my road experience,my further plan etc
                    now have to leave early to reach Munsiyari which was 450 Kms from Rampur and include 350Kms of Up hill riding.Their was not much fun on Day-1,6am alarm set and gone to sleep at 12am.

                    Total Distance: 185Kms
                    End of Day-1
                    Last edited by zayn; 02-05-2010, 04:42 AM.
                    Ride Safe & Ride Long-->
                    Zayn

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      awesome trip man i really like it and eagerly waiting for day 2.
                      And one more thing nice write up .
                      The Global Indian Biker And His Blog

                      shaz-bikersblog

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        nice pics and write up.
                        waiting for more as always..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mav1234 View Post
                          nice pics and write up.
                          waiting for more as always..
                          Good to see the day one completed with a Nice Stretch!
                          Pics have come out to be Nice!

                          I see you have a Tank bag? How Much Did you get it For? and from where?
                          " Nothing Z Forever,Except D Change "

                          Spiti ||Binsar || Lansdowne

                          Click Here to Subscribe to the xBhp Delhi SMS Channel
                          Click here to See my Photography Work

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            @Zayn: I wonder why did you stop at Rampur? Is it because you had your relatives there, or just generally. I am asking this because Rampur is not that far for day-1. You could've easily stretched it till Haldwani or perhaps even Nainital.

                            Anyhow, good short text. Am waiting for the day-2 log to follow suit.
                            :)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by shawaiz khan View Post
                              awesome trip man i really like it and eagerly waiting for day 2.
                              And one more thing nice write up .
                              Originally posted by mav1234 View Post
                              nice pics and write up.
                              waiting for more as always..
                              Thanks guys day 2 Coming soon

                              Originally posted by L.P. View Post
                              Good to see the day one completed with a Nice Stretch!
                              Pics have come out to be Nice!

                              I see you have a Tank bag? How Much Did you get it For? and from where?
                              LP brother the tank bag belongs to Javed,he gave me for this ride.Its Mustang touring line but now its not in market.

                              Originally posted by Aryan View Post
                              @Zayn: I wonder why did you stop at Rampur? Is it because you had your relatives there, or just generally. I am asking this because Rampur is not that far for day-1. You could've easily stretched it till Haldwani or perhaps even Nainital.

                              Anyhow, good short text. Am waiting for the day-2 log to follow suit.
                              Yes Dada because of relatives.I have many options to stay in Nainital too but I prefer to stop Rampur,which was I guess not a good step.
                              Ride Safe & Ride Long-->
                              Zayn

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X