Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

#xBhpAxorHelmet #2

Axor
Castrol Power 1

Tubeless tyres are better than tubed ones.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 84 of 130 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1291
Like Tree470Likes

Thread: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

  1. #831
    Rookie White Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

    To be honest the photos don't do justice to the wiser, but when you sit and ride the bike it gives you a good feeling. Plus my mechanic fitted it very nicely, I took it above 100 just to feel the vibration, to my surprise none! Believe me, the only difference was the wind was getting deflected on my helmet and making it little noisy.

    Also if you notice the orange thing on left is a dual USB charger, surprisingly it has Honda symbol embossed on it.
    On the right is the controller for the Oxford heated Grips. Don't assume it's gonna be too cold down south, may come in handy in Ooty.

    Regards,
    White Knight

  2. #832
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UP 25
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

    Quite a nice setup you have there. Looks good!!
    White Knight likes this.

  3. #833
    Rusted Sharrrrrrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

    @White Knight

    Wiser looks good, but will it serve the purpose. Doesn't look like it's gonna deflect the wind on rider's face.

    I liked the footpegs on crashguard. Every time you put your legs on it, you can say ooooooh.

    USB, it's so useful, RE should consider putting it as stalk accessory.

    Heater, I am alien to that. I guess it will be useful, it gets pretty cold here in South at night.

    When are you planning south trip?

    www.facebook.com/shadydubs for some riding music.
    Be the change you want to see in other Riders!

  4. #834
    Rookie vyasvivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

    Guys I booked my tb 500 stone.. On 16th Sept and got a call from them on 20th saying that my bike is ready for delivery.....
    But sadly I was planning for delivery after at least a month and have told them to give the bike to someone else due to lack of vitamin M.

    Sent from my MI 3W using xBhp Connect mobile app

  5. #835
    Rookie White Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    48
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharrrrrrad View Post
    @White Knight

    Wiser looks good, but will it serve the purpose. Doesn't look like it's gonna deflect the wind on rider's face.

    I liked the footpegs on crashguard. Every time you put your legs on it, you can say ooooooh.

    USB, it's so useful, RE should consider putting it as stalk accessory.

    Heater, I am alien to that. I guess it will be useful, it gets pretty cold here in South at night.

    When are you planning south trip?
    Planning to leave Mumbai on 1st Nov and reach Bangalore the same night.
    Wiser looks good and the wind deflection does not bother me so much. How much did you get your USB for? The one that i got was just for INR 600 and its a Dual USB charger.
    Check out about Heated Grips on You Tube, you'll see lot of riders using in it extreme conditions..
    See you soon!

    Regards,
    White Knight

  6. #836
    Rusted Sharrrrrrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

    Vitamin M

    www.facebook.com/shadydubs for some riding music.
    Be the change you want to see in other Riders!

  7. #837
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

    I booked a Thunderbird 500 stone at Teknik motorcycles, Bangalore, on 22nd July 2014 and was told that I would receive the bird within a month. Three days after as fate would have it, I had a fall from my Karizma, at around 11.30pm, when a broken cable hanging unto the service road tangled around my bike. I sustained a somewhat serious injury with grade 3 tear of three ligaments in my right knee. I'm currently undergoing rehab and waiting for an ACL surgery soon. I've, hence, postponed delivery of the bike until further intimation with the showroom.

    This thread and all you wonderful bikers play a major role in driving me through the painful rehab sessions. The thought of riding the bird and being part of this community helps me look ahead. I was planning to sign up and post here only after I get the bike. But, I felt I had to thank all of you here before that. Like most of you here, I've been thoroughly inspired by Ravi sir and his motorcycle diaries.

    Hoping to get back on the saddle soon(although I have a gut feeling that it will be months away).

  8. #838
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Coimbatore
    Posts
    587
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

    Quote Originally Posted by 9Divine View Post
    I booked a Thunderbird 500 stone at Teknik motorcycles, Bangalore, on 22nd July 2014 and was told that I would receive the bird within a month. Three days after as fate would have it, I had a fall from my Karizma, at around 11.30pm, when a broken cable hanging unto the service road tangled around my bike. I sustained a somewhat serious injury with grade 3 tear of three ligaments in my right knee. I'm currently undergoing rehab and waiting for an ACL surgery soon. I've, hence, postponed delivery of the bike until further intimation with the showroom.
    Wishing you get well soon bro and be able to ride your bird soon.

  9. #839
    Rusted Sharrrrrrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    267
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

    Quote Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
    Planning to leave Mumbai on 1st Nov and reach Bangalore the same night.
    Wiser looks good and the wind deflection does not bother me so much. How much did you get your USB for? The one that i got was just for INR 600 and its a Dual USB charger.
    Check out about Heated Grips on You Tube, you'll see lot of riders using in it extreme conditions..
    See you soon!

    Regards,
    White Knight
    Tragedy of my bike is that RE still did not give it to me. I am haunting xbhp ever since. hoping to get it by this month end or next month.

    I will surely join you on some rides here. If not RE, my good old hero honda. Do let me know whenever you are leaving, you can find me on facebook (Sharad Talekar).
    Be the change you want to see in other Riders!

  10. #840
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500

    @White Knight: some amazing stuff you got for your Tbird. Liked the visor, aux lamps and knuckle guards. Will probably go for 12v 5v USB handlebar mount like what Cp barmer has got.
    BTW I've been hearing a lot abt new Tbt silencer. Has anyone checked it out yet? Is it good?
    Any puneri here who can help me out with a good workshop in the city to buy accessories as well as sort out my bird's rear disc brake nags?

    Fox 115
    Sent from my XT1033 using xBhp Connect mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. K&N for Royal Enfield Thunderbird
    By amandeepkamboj19 in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 01:12 PM
  2. Modifying my Royal Enfield Thunderbird
    By Roxan in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-17-2016, 04:44 AM
  3. Royal Enfield Thunderbird PDI
    By satyenb in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-18-2014, 09:25 AM
  4. [Photo Feature]: My New Royal Enfield Thunderbird
    By satyenb in forum General Biking Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 11:32 PM
  5. Royal Enfield: Thunderbird TS or Electra TS
    By pacificwaters in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •