Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Avoid staying around those big vehicles.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random International News thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    2012 Ninja 250R Color Schemes.

    What you see here are allegedly the pictures of the new, 2012 version of the Ninja 250R. The new colour scheme, supposedly a special edition has been spotted in Thailand, from where the bike is sent across the world. No changes have been made to the bodywork, engine, underpinnings or the mechanicals of the bike. Even the instrumentation has been left untouched, with that old-world analog speedo-tacho combo. However, the new colour scheme breaks the age-old monotony to some extent. There isn’t any clarity on whether these colours will be available for the Indian customers. As far as our knowledge goes, they won’t be. Lack of colour options is one of the biggest grouse of ninja prospective owners in India and offering a few more shades / graphics will not hurt.
    The new colour scheme apart from the snazzy graphics and sticker work, reveal a new, blue detail above the Ninja logo on the front fairing. While there may be some of us who may not like too much of stickerwork on their bikes, there is no denying that the new graphics do add to the sporty character of the bike. What do you think?









    Source: 2012 Ninja 250R special edition: Pictures and details

    --
    Guys,
    The last (4th) Color Scheme shown here was seen earlier somewhere, can't remember where.
    And why doesn't anyone comment in this thread. It's perfectly ok to comment...
    ---
    Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
    Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Samarth 619 View Post
      [B]2012 Ninja 250R Color Schemes.


      --
      Guys,
      The last (4th) Color Scheme shown here was seen earlier somewhere, can't remember where.
      And why doesn't anyone comment in this thread. It's perfectly ok to comment...
      The graphics are looking smashing.I also read that ninja has lost its 'R' and now is just Ninja 250.

      Comment


      • #33
        Rider survives 140mph pigeon crash

        Rider survives 140mph pigeon crash

        Bizarre collision with a pigeon causes motorcyclist to accelerate to 140mph whilst unconscious



        AMAZINGLY
        a motorcyclist survived being knocked out after hitting a pigeon at 50mph, which caused him to accelerate to 140mph whilst unconscious.

        Matthew Brealy, 38, collapsed on his Suzuki GSX-R1000 after the low-flying pigeon smashed through his helmet visor, leaving him unconscious but resulting in him opening the throttle - accelerating from 50 to 140mph.

        After impact he remained on the bike and continued for a further 200 yards before the bike ploughed into an oak tree. Mr Brealy, from Whittington Moor in Chesterfield, suffered two skull fractures with bleeding to his brain, a broken leg, cracked ribs and a fractured hand in the crash.

        He spent ten weeks in Sheffield's Northern General hospital following the accident in April, where his hand was re-wired and a titanium rod inserted in his leg. He is now learning to walk again with help from his pregnant wife Emma.

        Describing the incident to the Daily Mail, Matthew said: "It smashed through my helmet visor and even smashed the lens of my glasses, I was doing about 50 mph at the time and the impact knocked me unconscious.

        "It appears that I collapsed on the front of my bike and at the same time I hit the throttle so the bike just accelerated out of control.

        "Police told me afterwards they estimated that the bike had gone from 50 mph to around 140 mph in a matter of seconds but thankfully for me it happened on a straight road which is why I probably didn't fall off the machine.

        "My bike hit an oak tree with a glancing blow, I was thrown clear and the machine was smashed to pieces under the impact.

        "Police confirmed a pigeon was the cause of the accident. My visor was left with a hole in it and I was covered in pigeon blood and feathers."


        Source: Visordown
        Last edited by M.vinay; 09-04-2011, 04:56 PM.
        Ride Like A Devil
        Feel Like An Angel


        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Mark our bikes!

          Mark our bikes!
          Ride Like A Devil
          Feel Like An Angel


          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Insurance brokers launch Bike Claims iPhone app

            Insurance brokers launch Bike Claims iPhone app





            Rampdale Insurance Brokers have launched a free Bike Claims iPhone app that helps you to gather all the information you will need to start your claim at the scene of an accident (presuming your phone is still in one piece).

            The app helps you to record the exact location of the accident via GPS, collect and record information from the other driver, collect witness details, take photos of the accident as evidence, call Rampdale Insurance Brokers and Breakdown Services and send all of the information to Rampdale securely so they can start processing your claim immediately.

            Within an hour of submitting your claim someone from Rampdale will call you and arrange alternative transport if needed, regardless of your location in the UK.


            Source: MCN
            Ride Like A Devil
            Feel Like An Angel


            sigpic

            Comment


            • #36
              22 cameras switched off

              22 cameras switched off



              22 cameras in London are not in use
              Ride Like A Devil
              Feel Like An Angel


              sigpic

              Comment


              • #37
                Police hide in bushes to catch speeders

                Police hide in bushes to catch speeders

                Police officers in Scotland are accused of unfair and dangerous tactics in catching speeders hidden amongst trees and bushes






                POLICE
                officers have been accused of 'unfair' tactics by lurking amongst trees and hiding to trap speeding motorists.

                The policemen aim the speed gun at approaching motorists from behind trees and bushes on the A91 in Dollar, Clackmannanshire, then jump from out of the foliage to catch-out motorists in a move that has been branded potentially hazardous.

                Critics believe that catching speeders through this method put themselves and other road users at risk as alarmed motorists slam on their brakes after spotting the officer.

                The images of the police are visible on the Daily Mail's website.

                Chief examiner for the IAM Motoring trust, Peter Rodger, told the tabloid: "Speed enforcement should be about preventing people breaking the speed limit. People tend not to like when police officers are sneaky and there is always an argument that it is better to prevent than to cure.

                "While I can understand the frustration of officers trying to enforce it, hiding in order to catch them leads many drivers to mistrust the enforcement process."


                Source: Visordown










                Ride Like A Devil
                Feel Like An Angel


                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Stolen Ducati 996SPS found in the recycling


                  Ducati 996SPS recovered 12 years after being stolen from Australian Motorcycle News





                  ABikesales.com.au, Mark says:


                  The fate of the Ducati 996SPS?

                  Reminds us of a similar case involving Visordown contributor Jon Urry when his stolen Fireblade ended up on a World Superbike grid!


                  Source: Visordown
                  Ride Like A Devil
                  Feel Like An Angel


                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Biker dog owner charged with animal cruelty

                    Biker dog owner charged with animal cruelty

                    Biker given citations for improper transportation of an animal





                    A biker in New Jersey has been charged with animal cruelty after police noticed a dog on his lap whilst riding his motorcycle.

                    56-year-old Gyula Szatmari was issued with citations for careless driving and the improper transportation of an animal after he was spotted riding with the pug on his bike.

                    Szatmari told police that his dog had ridden with him on his motorcycle for years, but he was previously warned by authorities against transporting his dog on a bike last year.


                    Source: Visordown
                    Ride Like A Devil
                    Feel Like An Angel


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      ^ But why does he have 4 Rear View Mirrors? 2 for himself and 2 for the dog, is it?
                      ---
                      Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
                      Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Samarth 619 View Post
                        ^ But why does he have 4 Rear View Mirrors? 2 for himself and 2 for the dog, is it?
                        lol...even i had same doubt!! :P

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Police trial Kawasaki 1400GTR

                          Police trial Kawasaki 1400GTR





                          Various Australian Police forces are currently evaluating the Kawasaki 1400GTR motorcycle for their daily motorcycle related law enforcement duties.

                          With a shaft driven 1352cm3 in-line 4 cylinder engine featuring variable valve timing, the Kawasaki 1400GTR has enough grunt for Police motorcycle requirements. It is currently in active use by numerous Police forces around the world including Europe and the USA where a dedicated police force model is available for special order through Kawasaki dealerships.

                          Kawasaki Australia have confirmed Police forces here are following suit by evaluating the 1400GTR for active use with high level testing already being undertaken by the AFP and the NSW Police force.

                          Senior Constable David Tilbury from the Traffic Support Group-VIP Cycles department of the NSW Police force is currently testing and riding the 1400GTR and is pleased with the models performance and suitability saying, "The Police department is always looking for options that can provide the best service to our customers and ensure the safety of the police officers that use the equipment. The Kawasaki 1400GTR has been identified as a strong platform where we can try concepts like on board video and radar and at this stage the Kawasaki is performing admirably."


                          Source: Motoaus
                          Ride Like A Devil
                          Feel Like An Angel


                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Will EU anti-tampering measures affect you?

                            Will EU anti-tampering measures affect you?




                            Home servicing will be hampered by EU anti-tampering measures
                            Ride Like A Devil
                            Feel Like An Angel


                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by M.vinay View Post
                              Police trial Kawasaki 1400GTR





                              Various Australian Police forces are currently evaluating the Kawasaki 1400GTR motorcycle for their daily motorcycle related law enforcement duties.

                              With a shaft driven 1352cm3 in-line 4 cylinder engine featuring variable valve timing, the Kawasaki 1400GTR has enough grunt for Police motorcycle requirements. It is currently in active use by numerous Police forces around the world including Europe and the USA where a dedicated police force model is available for special order through Kawasaki dealerships.

                              Kawasaki Australia have confirmed Police forces here are following suit by evaluating the 1400GTR for active use with high level testing already being undertaken by the AFP and the NSW Police force.

                              Senior Constable David Tilbury from the Traffic Support Group-VIP Cycles department of the NSW Police force is currently testing and riding the 1400GTR and is pleased with the models performance and suitability saying, "The Police department is always looking for options that can provide the best service to our customers and ensure the safety of the police officers that use the equipment. The Kawasaki 1400GTR has been identified as a strong platform where we can try concepts like on board video and radar and at this stage the Kawasaki is performing admirably."


                              Source: Motoaus
                              This is a great initiative.. Hope Kawi atleast gives such police bikes with a high amperage battery to enable continuous high speed chases..

                              On a side note.. Imagine our PAANDUS on such bikes..

                              Originally posted by M.vinay View Post
                              Will EU anti-tampering measures affect you?




                              Home servicing will be hampered by EU anti-tampering measures
                              This is absolute BS.. What next..? Pedal powered motorcycles from 2025 onwards..? They're already shutting down a lot of industries across Europe and US thanks to Mr. Obama Barrack's policy of screwing over hard working people.. Now, this is just too bad.. The aftermarket business is a well established one.. What'll they all do for employment once they're forced to shut shop..?

                              Let those idiotic baboons get those stupid hybrid vehicles off the road and spend that money instead for Hydrogen fuel research..
                              sigpic
                              My IBA SS delayed.. Damn.. ;-(

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by M.vinay View Post
                                Police hide in bushes to catch speeders

                                Police officers in Scotland are accused of unfair and dangerous tactics in catching speeders hidden amongst trees and bushes






                                POLICE
                                officers have been accused of 'unfair' tactics by lurking amongst trees and hiding to trap speeding motorists.

                                The policemen aim the speed gun at approaching motorists from behind trees and bushes on the A91 in Dollar, Clackmannanshire, then jump from out of the foliage to catch-out motorists in a move that has been branded potentially hazardous.

                                Critics believe that catching speeders through this method put themselves and other road users at risk as alarmed motorists slam on their brakes after spotting the officer.

                                The images of the police are visible on the Daily Mail's website.

                                Chief examiner for the IAM Motoring trust, Peter Rodger, told the tabloid: "Speed enforcement should be about preventing people breaking the speed limit. People tend not to like when police officers are sneaky and there is always an argument that it is better to prevent than to cure.

                                "While I can understand the frustration of officers trying to enforce it, hiding in order to catch them leads many drivers to mistrust the enforcement process."


                                Source: Visordown
                                Lol this has been the norm all around Bombay for the last decade...
                                "stay hungry, stay foolish."

                                To those who have attitude... My middle finger salutes you...!

                                Rajmachi Conquered...!
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X