Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Regularly check tyre pressures.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random International News thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    US Governer signs law relaxing helmet use

    Michigan riders over 21 can ride without a helmet once more



    Next year will mark 40 years since motorcycle helmets became mandatory in the UK. It's unthinkable that this law would ever be relaxed whilst riders across the pond have very different views on the matter.

    Laws vary across the pond in the US, with some states requiring no helmet to be worn. Other states have laws that allow no helmets if you meet certain age and medical insurance restrictions. For the last decade it has been mandatory to wear a helmet in Michigan, but Governer Rick Snyder has recently signed into law a bill that will allow riders in that state to feel the wind through their hair once again.

    From a UK law perspective this certainly feels like a step backwards but US citizens have always felt very strongly about their freedom. Synder says "there is no substitute for proper training, education and awareness when it comes to operating any motor vehicle" but whilst riders over 21 (with appropriate insurance) can now ride without a helmet, car drivers must stay buckled up or risk a ticket.

    So is the freedom to leave that helmet at home a good idea or is this a case where making your own decisions could be bad for your health?


    Source: US Governer signs law relaxing helmet use - Motorcycle news : General news - Visordown
    Ride Like A Devil
    Feel Like An Angel


    sigpic

    Comment


    • #77
      Mexican bikers face terrorism charges

      Backfiring motorcycles cause crowd stampede in Mexico



      TWO motorcyclists from Mexico are facing terrorism charges after their backfiring exhausts caused a crowd to panic and stampede, fearing that there were gunshots nearby.

      The suspects' backfiring motorcycles caused hundreds of people to panic at a celebration of Holy Week in the main square of San Luis Potosi, Mexico.

      Both men have been charged under Mexico's terrorism laws and could be sentenced to up to 20 years if they are convicted.

      However, there are two versions to the events causing problems with the incident. The motorcyclists say that they were just warming up their engines, whereas witnesses believe they intentionally continued to rev their engines, even after people started to panic.

      A state Human Rights Commission has launched an investigation into the events, stating that the blame could be placed at the city authorities, who allowed vendors to set-up stands in the town square without appropriate attention given towards crowd evacuation.

      Whatever happened to loud pipes save lives...


      Source: Mexican bikers face terrorism charges - Motorcycle news: Bizarre - Visordown
      Ride Like A Devil
      Feel Like An Angel


      sigpic

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by M.vinay View Post
        US Governer signs law relaxing helmet use

        Michigan riders over 21 can ride without a helmet once more



        Next year will mark 40 years since motorcycle helmets became mandatory in the UK. It's unthinkable that this law would ever be relaxed whilst riders across the pond have very different views on the matter.

        Laws vary across the pond in the US, with some states requiring no helmet to be worn. Other states have laws that allow no helmets if you meet certain age and medical insurance restrictions. For the last decade it has been mandatory to wear a helmet in Michigan, but Governer Rick Snyder has recently signed into law a bill that will allow riders in that state to feel the wind through their hair once again.

        From a UK law perspective this certainly feels like a step backwards but US citizens have always felt very strongly about their freedom. Synder says "there is no substitute for proper training, education and awareness when it comes to operating any motor vehicle" but whilst riders over 21 (with appropriate insurance) can now ride without a helmet, car drivers must stay buckled up or risk a ticket.

        So is the freedom to leave that helmet at home a good idea or is this a case where making your own decisions could be bad for your health?


        Source: US Governer signs law relaxing helmet use - Motorcycle news : General news - Visordown
        What on earth is that LAW..!

        Imagine a crash (which almost all dudes speeding over 100KM average in US with their R1's, cbr's and busas.. ) in highway...!

        LOL..
        sigpic
        For a true motorcyclist, the straight portions of the roads exist just to take him from one turn to the next!
        USED IN PAST: Ct100, Victor, Xcd 135
        CURRENT: PULSAR 200 NS
        FUTURE
        : No plan
        DREAM BIKES
        : Ducati multistrada, Yamaha R6, KTM Super Duke

        Catch me on FACEBOOK

        http://www.facebook.com/jayakrishnan56

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by M.vinay View Post
          US Governer signs law relaxing helmet use

          Michigan riders over 21 can ride without a helmet once more



          Next year will mark 40 years since motorcycle helmets became mandatory in the UK. It's unthinkable that this law would ever be relaxed whilst riders across the pond have very different views on the matter.

          Laws vary across the pond in the US, with some states requiring no helmet to be worn. Other states have laws that allow no helmets if you meet certain age and medical insurance restrictions. For the last decade it has been mandatory to wear a helmet in Michigan, but Governer Rick Snyder has recently signed into law a bill that will allow riders in that state to feel the wind through their hair once again.

          From a UK law perspective this certainly feels like a step backwards but US citizens have always felt very strongly about their freedom. Synder says "there is no substitute for proper training, education and awareness when it comes to operating any motor vehicle" but whilst riders over 21 (with appropriate insurance) can now ride without a helmet, car drivers must stay buckled up or risk a ticket.

          So is the freedom to leave that helmet at home a good idea or is this a case where making your own decisions could be bad for your health?


          Source: US Governer signs law relaxing helmet use - Motorcycle news : General news - Visordown
          was this really required ???
          sigpic

          Tyre Sizes _ Spark Plugs

          Headlight Focus _ Fork Oils

          All India xBhp Couple Riders Thread

          Ashtavinayak + Shirdi
          Purandar
          Raigad
          Dapoli
          Aurangabad
          Kaas Plateu & Thoseghar Waterfalls
          Purandar

          Comment


          • #80
            Pulsar 200NS spotted in Indonesia

            the new pulsar 200ns was spotted in indonesia recently. presumably, bajaj wants to test the bike in indonesia and probably make some minor changes to suit the indonesian market.

            from the one pic available, it seems to be the same as the production version 200ns shown in india before



            the bike is expected to be shown at the annual motor show in PRJ, around june-july and deliveries are expected to start by end of this year or early next year

            Comment


            • #81
              180mph Canadian speeder's bike seized

              But Canadian Police can't charge him as the bike is registered in his mother's name





              Link: victoria highway run 299km - YouTube180mph Canadian speeder's bike seized - Motorcycle news: Videos - Visordown
              Ride Like A Devil
              Feel Like An Angel


              sigpic

              Comment


              • #82
                illelegal daredevilry....

                sssshhh...even i myself do such things sometimes...

                MUST BE DISCOURAGED ON XBHP ...
                sigpic

                Tyre Sizes _ Spark Plugs

                Headlight Focus _ Fork Oils

                All India xBhp Couple Riders Thread

                Ashtavinayak + Shirdi
                Purandar
                Raigad
                Dapoli
                Aurangabad
                Kaas Plateu & Thoseghar Waterfalls
                Purandar

                Comment


                • #83
                  Man Sues BMW for Causing Persistent Erection | Motorcycle.com News



                  RIDE SAFE

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Bridgestone develop airless tyre

                    BRIDGESTONE have developed a non-pneumatic concept car tyre that may enter production.

                    The airless tyre uses a structure of spokes stretching along the insides of the tyres, supporting the weight of the vehicle. The concept has been in development by Bridgestone for over two years.


                    Bridgestone develop airless tyre - Motorcycle news: Industry - Visordown

                    hope their research and development improves and Motorcyclists gets relief from punctures



                    RIDE SAFE

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Prakritij View Post
                      BRIDGESTONE have developed a non-pneumatic concept car tyre that may enter production.

                      The airless tyre uses a structure of spokes stretching along the insides of the tyres, supporting the weight of the vehicle. The concept has been in development by Bridgestone for over two years.


                      Bridgestone develop airless tyre - Motorcycle news: Industry - Visordown

                      hope their research and development improves and Motorcyclists gets relief from punctures



                      RIDE SAFE
                      Saw this thing 2-3 years back

                      Innovative Airless Tires by Michelin
                      Twist your wrist and feel the shift!!

                      My own thoughts - Throttle

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        ^^ man, this is helarious ..

                        Originally posted by Prakritij View Post
                        BRIDGESTONE have developed a non-pneumatic concept car tyre that may enter production.

                        The airless tyre uses a structure of spokes stretching along the insides of the tyres, supporting the weight of the vehicle. The concept has been in development by Bridgestone for over two years.


                        Bridgestone develop airless tyre - Motorcycle news: Industry - Visordown

                        hope their research and development improves and Motorcyclists gets relief from punctures



                        RIDE SAFE
                        still a long way to go.
                        sigpic

                        Tyre Sizes _ Spark Plugs

                        Headlight Focus _ Fork Oils

                        All India xBhp Couple Riders Thread

                        Ashtavinayak + Shirdi
                        Purandar
                        Raigad
                        Dapoli
                        Aurangabad
                        Kaas Plateu & Thoseghar Waterfalls
                        Purandar

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by M.vinay View Post
                          180mph Canadian speeder's bike seized

                          But Canadian Police can't charge him as the bike is registered in his mother's name
                          This dude had a near fatal accident last year on his Hayabusa when he hit an SUV at similar speeds and was hospitalized. Hence he was riding around without a license or insurance.
                          This apparently was his come back video with all the plates and screws in his body.
                          "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Honda CBR400R rumoured in Japan

                            Honda to fill the gap between the CBR250R and CBR600RR
                            JAPANESE350cc road-going replica of its Moto3 machine
                            "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              ^^ now this is really interesting news. any speculation about launch date.?
                              sigpic

                              Tyre Sizes _ Spark Plugs

                              Headlight Focus _ Fork Oils

                              All India xBhp Couple Riders Thread

                              Ashtavinayak + Shirdi
                              Purandar
                              Raigad
                              Dapoli
                              Aurangabad
                              Kaas Plateu & Thoseghar Waterfalls
                              Purandar

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Something i was discussing about like almost a year ago. Nice to see the rumor being discussed in japanese mags
                                Got a $5 head? Get a $5 helmet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X