Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Avoid staying around those big vehicles.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to xBhp Forums v2020

Welcome to 2020 Edition of the xBhp Forums . As you might have already noticed, the forums have undergone a major upgrade to keep up with the times. This will make the forums faster and intuitive and much more mobile friendly.

The basic functioning of the forum remains the same.

We are still tightening the loose nuts and bolts and it will take some time.

However, in case you are facing any issues or problems accessing the forums or posting here, please do let us know.

Any feedback/suggestions are also welcome!

You can post your suggestions on this thread itself!


https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/forum-a...s-2020-welcome
See more
See less

15 Days of Green, Blue and Green

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Magnificent. Very good trip log.

    On a side note, your trip has reminded me what a wonderful motorcycle Karizma is. I have a FZ and a bullet right now, owned Karizma and a classic CBZ in the past. Karizma is the one I still miss whenever I think of it.

    Good luck
    The Chronicles of Motorcycling - The Man, The Machine and The Road

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by phanikar View Post
      Very true, a million thanks to Nagesh, the driver of the pick up truck.
      What ?? Even his name was Nagesh ?? What a co-incidence !
      Last edited by Nagesh Patankar; 08-08-2012, 01:15 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Compliments again on completing your truly amazing ride ! The enhanced greenery after the rains adds so much more lustre to your lovely pictures. When we rode through Jog in April on our way back from Goa, the falls were just a trickle. Amazing what even a failed monsoon can do

        Take Care & Ride Safe

        Comment


        • #49
          Phani: Man, really like the travelogue... adventures & so many contrasting colours, from the barren, yet beautiful lands of Rajasthan & Gujrat to the lush greenery of the Ghat section. You had a wonderful time & ride there man. Amazing.... thanks for sharing.
          "HASTA LA VICTORIA, SIEMPRE !" - Chesigpic


          http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/18983-spicy-sour-sweet-short-honeymoon-trip.html

          http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/20306-pursuit-swarghat.html#post716409

          http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...sary-trip.html

          http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...adventure.html

          http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...j-monsoon.html

          Comment


          • #50
            amazing log and awesome picture. Enjoyed riding(reading) this log. Riding During Monsoon is sometimes so much of fun, you also get to see some magnificent natural places and scenaries. Congrats for completing your trip successfully.
            Last edited by rakowli; 08-08-2012, 02:11 PM. Reason: wrong spelling.

            Comment


            • #51
              wow log.... ZMA stalls was the Climax Keep Riding bro

              I liked it ... was just feeling the same ... I have been to Alibaug, Karoli yesterday & yes those Sea Hugging Road show is awesome to drive by
              Pride & Prejudice: Ladakh Ride,

              Ride To Raajmachi - Highway, Off Roading, Tent fire & Dhamaal

              Madness in Rajasthan - Travelogue


              "ATGATT, because sweat dries faster than skin heals"
              Riding faster then every one else will only guarantees you will ride alone.

              www.facebook.com/shahbaz008

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Satellite.kid View Post
                Magnificent. Very good trip log.

                On a side note, your trip has reminded me what a wonderful motorcycle Karizma is. I have a FZ and a bullet right now, owned Karizma and a classic CBZ in the past. Karizma is the one I still miss whenever I think of it.

                Good luck
                Thanks Buddy yeah the ZMA is a trustworthy steed.

                Originally posted by Nagesh Patankar View Post
                What ?? Even his name was Nagesh ?? What a co-incidence !
                Ha ha ha , buut he was a Marne and Not a Patankar

                Originally posted by ridermax View Post
                Compliments again on completing your truly amazing ride ! The enhanced greenery after the rains adds so much more lustre to your lovely pictures. When we rode through Jog in April on our way back from Goa, the falls were just a trickle. Amazing what even a failed monsoon can do

                Take Care & Ride Safe
                Thank you Sir Your words mean a lot to me. Going again sometime, come what may , wanna see Jog in full glory this year

                Originally posted by rx100.7050 View Post
                Phani: Man, really like the travelogue... adventures & so many contrasting colours, from the barren, yet beautiful lands of Rajasthan & Gujrat to the lush greenery of the Ghat section. You had a wonderful time & ride there man. Amazing.... thanks for sharing.
                Thanks buddy glad you liked it

                Originally posted by rakowli View Post
                amazing log and awesome picture. Enjoyed riding(reading) this log. Riding During Monsoon is sometimes so much of fun, you also get to see some magnificent natural places and scenaries. Congrats for completing your trip successfully.
                Thanks Rakowli

                Originally posted by shahbaz63 View Post
                wow log.... ZMA stalls was the Climax Keep Riding bro

                I liked it ... was just feeling the same ... I have been to Alibaug, Karoli yesterday & yes those Sea Hugging Road show is awesome to drive by
                Thanks man yeah those sea side roads are just fantastic
                Stories of the open road...........

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by phanikar View Post

                  Before Harnai

                  WoW!!!! What a picture Greenery, seaside, curvy road and rains, if this is not beauty what might be? There is so much in this pic.
                  A lone amateur built the ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic...

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by NitinGirish View Post
                    WoW!!!! What a picture Greenery, seaside, curvy road and rains, if this is not beauty what might be? There is so much in this pic.
                    Thanks Buddy
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Road conditions for the ride :
                    Bangalore-SataraSatara-Malshej
                    Fine roads from all the way except for some small patches at some place(around Kaas and Malshej), most of the route is very scenic.
                    Traffic increases exponentially once you touch the NH4

                    Malshej-Unai
                    Malshej-Otur-Akola-Sinnar : Mixture of everything, Ghats/plains/good roads/bad roads/no roads more imporatantly Fantastic route. Almost nil traffic till Sinnar.
                    Sinnar-Nashik: one might feel claustrophobic after coming from the above route and joining the highway.
                    Nashik-Saputara-Vansda-Unai: Brilliant is an understatement. Once you enter Gujrat, it becomes a level higher.

                    Unai-Buhari-Bajipura-Madhi-Kevdi-Dediapada-Shoolpaneshwar Wildlife Sanctuary-Rajpipla-Bodeli-Halol-Kalol-Godhra-Lunawada-Modassa-Ratanpur-Udaipur
                    Unai-Dediapada: Brilliant roads with less traffic
                    Dediapada-Shoolpaneshwar: Roads are good until and unless you intentionally want to take the inner roads which a bit on the rough side, but very much rideable/driveable.
                    Shoolpaneshwar-Rajpipla-Bodeli: Except for some road upgradation around Bodeli, not even water would stay stagnant of the road. Roads are very good.
                    Halol-Udaipur: Mix of two lane and four lane highways. Quality of the roads are fantastic. One has to watch out for Cows which come on to the road out of nowhere or refuse to stay out of the road.

                    Udaipur-Gogunda-Jaswanthgarh-Sayra-Ranakpur-Sadri-Bali-Falna-Sanderao-Pali-Bullet Baba-Rohat-JodhpurJaswathgarh-Ranakpur: Roads are about average, but less of traffic except for the towns the route passes through.
                    Ranakpur-Sanderao-Pali Pali-Jodhpur: Two-Lanes as straight as an arrow. One need not enter the town of Pali to go to Jodhpur. There is a small junction before Pali with few Hawckers on either side. Turn left from there. Towards Jodhpur.

                    Jodhpur-Balesar-Chandan-Pokhran-Jaisalmer
                    Once you exit Jodhpur, its open roads till Jaisalmer. Not much traffic anywhere. Look out for Camels and peacocks before crashing into either of them. Peacocks will fly across the road without even the slightest indication.
                    Carry enough food and water, as the places to find them are less.

                    Jaisalmer-Sam Dunes: very boring straight roads. The roads have sudden dips so that the vehicle coming from the other side might not see you. So it is suggested to be at lower speeds in this section, Also since the sand will be on the road and cross winds to accompany, controlling high speeds becomes very difficult.

                    Dhanana-Jaisalmer-Barmer-Sanchor-Tharad:
                    Sam dunes to Dhanana: roads are narrow. If army convoy is on their way, the there would be enough space for a two wheeler to pass through. Also due to wind the dunes would have shifted to the roads. So have to be careful.
                    Jaisalmer-barmer-Sanchor: Roads are deserted with minimal traffic except for places like Barmer and Sanchor. Roads around Sanchor are rough and filled with potholes.
                    Sanchor-Tharad: due to trucks going towards Kadla port, the traffic increases exponentially after Sanchor. Once you enter Gujrat, roads are at their best.

                    Tharad-Nadabet-Mehsana-Ahmedabad-Vadodara
                    Roads are good throughout Gujrat(or atleast in the above mentioned roads) The worst part I found was Ahmedabad-Vadodara stretch, Not the Expressway. Reckless riding practices is found in abundance. Apart from the roads very good.

                    Vadodara-Surat-Mumbai(NH8)
                    Six lanes all the way. Road quality is of the highest order. Truck traffic is enormous. However eases out a bit after Surat.

                    Mumbai-Panvel-Mangaon-Divegar-Srivardhan-Harihareshwar-(ferry) Bankot-Kelshi-Anjarle(ferry)-Harnai Beach-Dapoli-Dabhol-(Ferry)-Jaigadh-Ganapatipule
                    Mumbai-Pen: Occasional potholes combined with above average traffic.
                    Pen-Mangaon: Roads get congested once you pass through the towns.
                    Mangaon to Ganapatipule: Mixture of good roads, Average roads, bad roads and No roads. But the good part is that its so scenic that you would not concentrate on the quality of the roads

                    Ratnagiri-Tarkarli-Sawanthwadi-Bhanda-Panjim-Margoa-Karwar-Ankola-Kumta
                    Again the route is so scenic that you fail to notice the rough patches that appear Occasionally. The route from Banda-Panjim along NH17 is freshly laid and is in very good condition.
                    Till Karwar the road quality is above average, but once nearing the exit of Karwar, the sorry state of NH17 becomes very evident.

                    Kumta-Honnavar-Jog Falls-Shimoga-Tiptur-Tummkur-Bangalore
                    Surprise potholes are everwhere. The stretch from Honnavar-Jog falls are relaid, except for some section in the middle.
                    The bad stretch around Sagar is completely done and is in good shape. For the section that was bad in the above route has be done.
                    Lastly Tumkur-Bangalore: Part of GQ, good four lane.
                    Stories of the open road...........

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Wow Phani ! What amazing detail of the road conditions of such a long route ! Your attention to such an important part of a tourers ride has to be saluted ! You are are a true "biker" in every sense of the word ! These details I'm sure will be a welcome guide to many who plan to ride these routes ! Kudos

                      Take Care & Ride Safe

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Woah! This thread turned out a hell lot more beautifully than expected!
                        +1 on HVs accessibility and sensibility!

                        Fantastic stuff!
                        Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

                        .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
                        PowerDrift:.

                        #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
                        #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
                        #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
                        #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
                        #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
                        � Satyen Poojary

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Superb pics..Thanks for sharing the amazing roadtrip The country in green looks so beautiful..!!!
                          .... I will rather ride my Bike thinking about God, then sitting in a Temple thinking about my Bike.. ..

                          Blog : Mumbai - Leh - Mumbai : 21 Days, 6500kms. Journey to Heaven..June'09
                          GreatIndianRide - West India on a 110cc for over a month
                          Mumbai-Leh-Mumbai - A Sequel : July'11 (Blog coming soon)

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by ridermax View Post
                            Wow Phani ! What amazing detail of the road conditions of such a long route ! Your attention to such an important part of a tourers ride has to be saluted ! You are are a true "biker" in every sense of the word ! These details I'm sure will be a welcome guide to many who plan to ride these routes ! Kudos

                            Take Care & Ride Safe
                            Originally posted by satyenpoojary View Post
                            Woah! This thread turned out a hell lot more beautifully than expected!
                            +1 on HVs accessibility and sensibility!

                            Fantastic stuff!
                            Originally posted by rachitkohli View Post
                            Superb pics..Thanks for sharing the amazing roadtrip The country in green looks so beautiful..!!!
                            Thank You Ridermax(alias Ravi) Sir,Satyen and Rachit
                            Stories of the open road...........

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              very nice travelogue indeed, enjoyed every bit! kudos and thanks for sharing!
                              A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith, and use up a lot of fuel.

                              Always be ready (get geared) to fall and then think of sitting on the motorcycle.


                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by razorBlades View Post
                                very nice travelogue indeed, enjoyed every bit! kudos and thanks for sharing!
                                Thanks buddy glad you liked it.
                                Stories of the open road...........

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X