Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Red to green – let the cager go first.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2011 Bike Launch speculation Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    The 250cc-300cc market :
    Already available:Kawasaki Ninja 250r

    Confirmed launches :
    Honda CBR250R - curtains are up,prices are declared yet to see one on road.

    Mahindra Mojo 300 - same as above.

    Speculated launches :

    Bajaj Pulsar 250 or 300 - well,testing and development has already been reported,thing is it will likely enter a competitive market with competitive pricing.

    Suzuki GW250 - China has already witnessed its specs and price on a first hand scale.........thing is how it will alter for India.Its speculated price range in China equals 1.40-1.70 lacs by INR.Powered by DOHC 4valves per cylinder 250cc engine.Awaiting an April launch throughout all Asian markets.Designed like a Bking with ultra show of muscle,this bike is going to be one of the impressive 250s.

    Yamaha R4/YBR 250/FZ 300 - Yamaha's new 250cc has gone under a lot of speculation,and the recent testing pictures of what is being doubted as new revamped R15 is quite big to be a R15...........so in all considerations it is probably a Fazer with 250cc or 300cc heart.

    TVS Apache RTR 250 - Well TVS was the first company to show a fully blown Vtwin 250cc concept in the country way back then it was called Taurus...........but after that the market had witnessed aggressive machines,starting with Hyosung Comet and ending in R15.................So whether TVS would offer a new radical 250cc or rest on its concepts would be a matter of serious speculation.

    Hyosung Comet GT250R- Garware motors brought in the biggies,I wonder if their business psychology would permit them to venture lower into the quarter litre territory and resurrect the Comet 250cc mania once again.As this bike had already been in India............it has a fan following in all metro cities.

    So what becomes of legendary Hero Honda and its fan's dreams for the 250cc market ???
    Well Hero motors have technical support of Honda till 2014 so they can have the insight for boring out a 300cc mill like the CB300R and prove that they can do with or without little help of Honda............I wish them best of luck.


    Below 250cc market:
    Well this place is saturated..........what awaits this place is a little trick here and a bit of tip there.

    1.TVS RTR180 Fi - TVS can use the Fi on the RTR180 to deliver a performance that everyone is missing since the Pulsar 220 DTSFi was withdrawn from the market.Introduction of real performance enhancing kits would keep all RTR owners happy even if they do not get 3 valve or 4 valve engines.

    2.Bajaj Pulsar 220 4V/180 4V- The 21 bhp bike would then be breathing on the shoulders of its own 250cc elder brother..........hence wont be a very logical upgrade.Rather the extra valves can be used to deliver better FE.Same goes for P180 or it will run down 220 too.


    Well I better not expect anything as upgrade of either R15 or ZMR,because R15 already has performance enhancers and CDi kits to unleash around 22bhp and Hero motors has already imparted the ZMR everything........and without Honda they won't for time being touch the model at all.

    The 150cc territory in and around :

    1.Yamaha Fazer with 165cc engine - more torque,more bhp(16Nm/16PS .........not into R15 territory but a powerful tourer,wont be a bad idea at all to use that Gladiator 165cc sports concept engine now.

    2.Hero stickers for 150cc ranges,digital meters for Achiever and CBZ-X or maybe one of those models would be withdrawn as a whole.R&D needs more attention now.

    3.TVS Flame 150- Since long TVS hasn't gifted the market any commuter 150cc.........they need such a product now..........and maybe developing too,lets speculate

    4.New Suzuki 150cc bike- well we can always expect one or two,as they have technologies of liquid cooled DOHC 150cc mills with power ranging from 16.5bhp to 20bhp

    5.Honda CBR150R- CB Dazzler is not CBR150R,the market always have space for something this special.And yes please withdraw Dazzler but don't kill Unicorn.

    125 - 135 cc segment: This segment has enough..........speculating here is like doing unwanted and boring official formalities.But there would always be some desire for KTM 125,R125,GSX125R.

    100cc segment :

    The only speculated product is a new 100cc bike from Suzuki.........and it will come for sure,if not soon already.

    Apart from this there is the Multi-cylinder market with line-up available but launch in India pending and the scooter market which will see new products from Suzuki and Yamaha apart from usual players like Honda,Mahindra and TVS.

    Now a Happy New Year to all of you,lets get going into speculation businees with our brightest hopes.
    Hell's Angel
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by MACH50 View Post
      The 250cc-300cc market :
      Already available:Kawasaki Ninja 250r

      Confirmed launches :
      Honda CBR250R - curtains are up,prices are declared yet to see one on road.

      Mahindra Mojo 300 - same as above.

      Speculated launches :

      Bajaj Pulsar 250 or 300 - well,testing and development has already been reported,thing is it will likely enter a competitive market with competitive pricing.

      Suzuki GW250 - China has already witnessed its specs and price on a first hand scale.........thing is how it will alter for India.Its speculated price range in China equals 1.40-1.70 lacs by INR.Powered by DOHC 4valves per cylinder 250cc engine.Awaiting an April launch throughout all Asian markets.Designed like a Bking with ultra show of muscle,this bike is going to be one of the impressive 250s.

      Yamaha R4/YBR 250/FZ 300 - Yamaha's new 250cc has gone under a lot of speculation,and the recent testing pictures of what is being doubted as new revamped R15 is quite big to be a R15...........so in all considerations it is probably a Fazer with 250cc or 300cc heart.

      TVS Apache RTR 250 - Well TVS was the first company to show a fully blown Vtwin 250cc concept in the country way back then it was called Taurus...........but after that the market had witnessed aggressive machines,starting with Hyosung Comet and ending in R15.................So whether TVS would offer a new radical 250cc or rest on its concepts would be a matter of serious speculation.

      Hyosung Comet GT250R- Garware motors brought in the biggies,I wonder if their business psychology would permit them to venture lower into the quarter litre territory and resurrect the Comet 250cc mania once again.As this bike had already been in India............it has a fan following in all metro cities.

      So what becomes of legendary Hero Honda and its fan's dreams for the 250cc market ???
      Well Hero motors have technical support of Honda till 2014 so they can have the insight for boring out a 300cc mill like the CB300R and prove that they can do with or without little help of Honda............I wish them best of luck.


      Below 250cc market:
      Well this place is saturated..........what awaits this place is a little trick here and a bit of tip there.

      1.TVS RTR180 Fi - TVS can use the Fi on the RTR180 to deliver a performance that everyone is missing since the Pulsar 220 DTSFi was withdrawn from the market.Introduction of real performance enhancing kits would keep all RTR owners happy even if they do not get 3 valve or 4 valve engines.

      2.Bajaj Pulsar 220 4V/180 4V- The 21 bhp bike would then be breathing on the shoulders of its own 250cc elder brother..........hence wont be a very logical upgrade.Rather the extra valves can be used to deliver better FE.Same goes for P180 or it will run down 220 too.


      Well I better not expect anything as upgrade of either R15 or ZMR,because R15 already has performance enhancers and CDi kits to unleash around 22bhp and Hero motors has already imparted the ZMR everything........and without Honda they won't for time being touch the model at all.

      The 150cc territory in and around :

      1.Yamaha Fazer with 165cc engine - more torque,more bhp(16Nm/16PS .........not into R15 territory but a powerful tourer,wont be a bad idea at all to use that Gladiator 165cc sports concept engine now.

      2.Hero stickers for 150cc ranges,digital meters for Achiever and CBZ-X or maybe one of those models would be withdrawn as a whole.R&D needs more attention now.

      3.TVS Flame 150- Since long TVS hasn't gifted the market any commuter 150cc.........they need such a product now..........and maybe developing too,lets speculate

      4.New Suzuki 150cc bike- well we can always expect one or two,as they have technologies of liquid cooled DOHC 150cc mills with power ranging from 16.5bhp to 20bhp

      5.Honda CBR150R- CB Dazzler is not CBR150R,the market always have space for something this special.And yes please withdraw Dazzler but don't kill Unicorn.

      125 - 135 cc segment: This segment has enough..........speculating here is like doing unwanted and boring official formalities.But there would always be some desire for KTM 125,R125,GSX125R.

      100cc segment :

      The only speculated product is a new 100cc bike from Suzuki.........and it will come for sure,if not soon already.

      Apart from this there is the Multi-cylinder market with line-up available but launch in India pending and the scooter market which will see new products from Suzuki and Yamaha apart from usual players like Honda,Mahindra and TVS.

      Now a Happy New Year to all of you,lets get going into speculation businees with our brightest hopes.
      Nice round-up. Thank U.

      Comment


      • #63
        @Mach50

        You forgot the ground-breaking 100cc from Homda...
        I like 'em Naked

        Blah Blah Blah!

        Reason is not automatic. Those who choose not to recognise it, can't be conquered by it.
        - Ayn Rand, in 'Atlas Shrugged'

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by MACH50 View Post
          The 250cc-300cc market :
          Already available:Kawasaki Ninja 250r

          Confirmed launches :
          Honda CBR250R - curtains are up,prices are declared yet to see one on road.

          Mahindra Mojo 300 - same as above.

          Speculated launches :

          Bajaj Pulsar 250 or 300 - well,testing and development has already been reported,thing is it will likely enter a competitive market with competitive pricing.

          Suzuki GW250 - China has already witnessed its specs and price on a first hand scale.........thing is how it will alter for India.Its speculated price range in China equals 1.40-1.70 lacs by INR.Powered by DOHC 4valves per cylinder 250cc engine.Awaiting an April launch throughout all Asian markets.Designed like a Bking with ultra show of muscle,this bike is going to be one of the impressive 250s.

          Yamaha R4/YBR 250/FZ 300 - Yamaha's new 250cc has gone under a lot of speculation,and the recent testing pictures of what is being doubted as new revamped R15 is quite big to be a R15...........so in all considerations it is probably a Fazer with 250cc or 300cc heart.

          TVS Apache RTR 250 - Well TVS was the first company to show a fully blown Vtwin 250cc concept in the country way back then it was called Taurus...........but after that the market had witnessed aggressive machines,starting with Hyosung Comet and ending in R15.................So whether TVS would offer a new radical 250cc or rest on its concepts would be a matter of serious speculation.

          Hyosung Comet GT250R- Garware motors brought in the biggies,I wonder if their business psychology would permit them to venture lower into the quarter litre territory and resurrect the Comet 250cc mania once again.As this bike had already been in India............it has a fan following in all metro cities.

          So what becomes of legendary Hero Honda and its fan's dreams for the 250cc market ???
          Well Hero motors have technical support of Honda till 2014 so they can have the insight for boring out a 300cc mill like the CB300R and prove that they can do with or without little help of Honda............I wish them best of luck.


          Below 250cc market:
          Well this place is saturated..........what awaits this place is a little trick here and a bit of tip there.

          1.TVS RTR180 Fi - TVS can use the Fi on the RTR180 to deliver a performance that everyone is missing since the Pulsar 220 DTSFi was withdrawn from the market.Introduction of real performance enhancing kits would keep all RTR owners happy even if they do not get 3 valve or 4 valve engines.

          2.Bajaj Pulsar 220 4V/180 4V- The 21 bhp bike would then be breathing on the shoulders of its own 250cc elder brother..........hence wont be a very logical upgrade.Rather the extra valves can be used to deliver better FE.Same goes for P180 or it will run down 220 too.


          Well I better not expect anything as upgrade of either R15 or ZMR,because R15 already has performance enhancers and CDi kits to unleash around 22bhp and Hero motors has already imparted the ZMR everything........and without Honda they won't for time being touch the model at all.

          The 150cc territory in and around :

          1.Yamaha Fazer with 165cc engine - more torque,more bhp(16Nm/16PS .........not into R15 territory but a powerful tourer,wont be a bad idea at all to use that Gladiator 165cc sports concept engine now.

          2.Hero stickers for 150cc ranges,digital meters for Achiever and CBZ-X or maybe one of those models would be withdrawn as a whole.R&D needs more attention now.

          3.TVS Flame 150- Since long TVS hasn't gifted the market any commuter 150cc.........they need such a product now..........and maybe developing too,lets speculate

          4.New Suzuki 150cc bike- well we can always expect one or two,as they have technologies of liquid cooled DOHC 150cc mills with power ranging from 16.5bhp to 20bhp

          5.Honda CBR150R- CB Dazzler is not CBR150R,the market always have space for something this special.And yes please withdraw Dazzler but don't kill Unicorn.

          125 - 135 cc segment: This segment has enough..........speculating here is like doing unwanted and boring official formalities.But there would always be some desire for KTM 125,R125,GSX125R.

          100cc segment :

          The only speculated product is a new 100cc bike from Suzuki.........and it will come for sure,if not soon already.

          Apart from this there is the Multi-cylinder market with line-up available but launch in India pending and the scooter market which will see new products from Suzuki and Yamaha apart from usual players like Honda,Mahindra and TVS.

          Now a Happy New Year to all of you,lets get going into speculation businees with our brightest hopes.
          I must say a nice analysis of the machines available in India today...Would be quite helpful in guerssing what to expect next....Thanx bro!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #65
            Early this year TVS Motors showcased
            the Apache 180 with ABS (anti-lock
            braking system) technology during the
            Auto Expo and, almost a year later, the
            bike sporting this safety technology
            will be available in a TVS showroom close to you this month (January
            2011). We reckon the new Apache
            with ABS to be about Rs 2,000 to Rs
            3,000 dearer
            source:BI
            TVS Apache ABS
            Whaat !! ABS @3000rs !. Thats one big 'zero' less than hondas price. Awesome bring that on TVS.,
            Last edited by REAPER; 01-05-2011, 09:50 PM.
            everybody dies, but not everyone LIVES...
            Carpe diem babysigpic

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by REAPER View Post
              source:BI
              TVS Apache ABS
              Whaat !! ABS @3000rs !. Thats one big 'zero' less than hondas price. Awesome bring that on TVS.,
              And there's one C missing in that ABS
              My thoughts are subjected to personal experiences/internet articles. Please read my comment carefully before replying. :)

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by jigar2speed View Post
                And there's one C missing in that ABS
                Yup, and that 'C' is quite something.,and expensive too.
                Last edited by REAPER; 01-05-2011, 10:16 PM.
                everybody dies, but not everyone LIVES...
                Carpe diem babysigpic

                Comment


                • #68
                  a 500 cc bike to compete with classic 500?
                  "Biking is Divine"

                  All Karizma Owners Connect With Each Other On the Karizma Group on facebook


                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/HeroHondaKarizma

                  https://www.facebook.com/AnmolSharmaPhotography

                  https://www.facebook.com/ThinkDigitall

                  http://anmolksharma.blogspot.in/

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    ninja 650r spotted

                    saw ninja 650r being tested near pune today..
                    bike was wrapped n covered in front but managed to check out the tail closely,
                    looked online and it was a perfect match.

                    no pics captured

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by REAPER View Post
                      Yup, and that 'C' is quite something.,and expensive too.
                      Yes, but i would be more interested to see ABS feature in R15...
                      My thoughts are subjected to personal experiences/internet articles. Please read my comment carefully before replying. :)

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Wow, That's great news ! Let's hope you are able to spot more of the other bigger Ninjas too

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by NikhilB View Post
                          @Mach50

                          You forgot the ground-breaking 100cc from Honda...
                          If you are meaning the CB Twister...........then its already in the market and has been launched and there is nothing to speculate about it.
                          Hell's Angel
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by joeprodigy View Post
                            Wow, That's great news ! Let's hope you are able to spot more of the other bigger Ninjas too
                            So does that mean the BIG release on April is Bigger Ninja ? What about the P250 ?
                            2011 - CBR 250R (RED, Delivered) - Happy Man! - SOLD
                            2014 - Royal Enfield - Classic 500 Desert Storm - Awaiting

                            iPhotograph (too!) - Giridhar Sathyanarayanan Photography

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by MACH50 View Post
                              If you are meaning the CB Twister...........then its already in the market and has been launched and there is nothing to speculate about it.
                              he is talking about the 30-40k 100cc bike that was suppose to compete with the splendour of herohonda..


                              Originally posted by BladeBoy View Post
                              So does that mean the BIG release on April is Bigger Ninja ? What about the P250 ?
                              bigger ninja it must be.. if a P250 was to be launched in april, some info should have come out by now. so probably later this year or next year.
                              Regardless, Life shall go on.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Probably ... So CBR will enjoy its monopoly for a while

                                Originally posted by yellowspunk View Post
                                bigger ninja it must be.. if a P250 was to be launched in april, some info should have come out by now. so probably later this year or next year.
                                2011 - CBR 250R (RED, Delivered) - Happy Man! - SOLD
                                2014 - Royal Enfield - Classic 500 Desert Storm - Awaiting

                                iPhotograph (too!) - Giridhar Sathyanarayanan Photography

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X