Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. Join the #16YearsOfxBhpCelebrations click here.

WE DESIGN ON

Lenovo ThinkPad
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

Avoid staying around those big vehicles.

Our Partners

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Tourer! and also gonna be my first bike! Help me!

  1. #1
    The Time Traveller neevarp16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dharapuram, TN
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile Tourer! and also gonna be my first bike! Help me!

    Hi guys,
    am new here and from what i have gone through for a couple of days,
    You guys are great! Man, this is the place for me!

    Am just finished my college and will be going to Bangalore after a couple of months. Currently owning my dad's CD Deluxe.and have developed myself a passion for biking and touring.

    Here is my query.

    Am 165 cms height and around 75 kgs (average built).

    • Am going to buy my first bike.
    • Daily need : 50 kilometers city ride
    • and an average of 2.5-3k in touring/month (am doing it with my current bike even)


    during my current trips, i can average only a speed of 60 cause, beyond that it will strain the 100cc heart of my bike(of course, its not made for that). with my new bike, i don't want it to strain itself. Need a lotta power left at speeds of 110-130.

    • Budget : 1L+-20k
    • Mileage : Not a prob 35+ is okay
    • Expecting to own it for minimum 5 years


    after my lil research, have ended up with this list.

    1. Apache 180 ABS
    Pros: its my favorite!, but at speeds of around 120, can i ride long distances, around 1.5k in single day? cause i do that a lot.
    Cons: Vibration
    2. Karizma ZMR
    Pros: Heard, You can even ride a whole day in triple digits
    Cons: Old tech, ( no offense, but its a 2009 ZMA , with a little uplift, if am not wrong?) Hero Honda only virtually exists (personally, i think am risking lotta cash in for a company that no longer exists, am i right in this?)

    So, guys help me in adding some more options in this list. and help me choosing one too. Thank you mates!

  2. #2
    MG
    MG is offline
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pune, Maharashtra, India
    Posts
    6,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bike Query Approved

    If you are not in a hurry then have a look at the P200NS
    Join xBhp On



    My photography page: Gourab Das Photography

  3. #3
    Rusted
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pune
    Posts
    703
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a good discussion took place at http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcyc...a-zmr-560.html
    on the same topic....
    WARNING!! Objects seen in Mirror are Disappearing Rapidly!!!!!!

    Never be Afraid to Slow Down!!!!

  4. #4
    Addicted Chandru Raj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    177
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default R15 or CBR150r

    If you want lot of power left at 110-130 then Apache i don think its the right choice. It does vibrate a lot after 110 and I don think you can do that speed all day. If I am wrong people correct me. Personally i am not interested in ZMR, but I heard people say it great tourer. Owners help him

    Did you consider the R15 or the CBR150r. If you have the budget I will suggest CBR250R.

    R15 has an aggressive riding posture and CBR150r a more relaxed one.

    1500ks a day you will ve a stiff back on any bike. And in between you should get a saddlesore attempt registered if you are not joking. Also if you have done it with a CD deluxe then you may be the unofficial holder of saddlesore on a least CC bike
    CBR250R |
    Bajaj Pulsar 180 - dts i |
    Bajaj CT 100

    Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.

    It was not that far on the map.

  5. #5
    Rusted sunny_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bangalore
    Posts
    589
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neevarp16 View Post
    1. Apache 180 ABS
    Pros: its my favorite!, but at speeds of around 120, can i ride long distances, around 1.5k in single day? cause i do that a lot.
    Are you serious??!! You've done 1500kms in a day a lot of times on your CD Deluxe?!

    Budget : 1L+-20k
    Think over it again and you can consider CBR 250 R also.
    Last edited by sunny_; 05-02-2012 at 04:16 PM.

  6. #6
    The Time Traveller neevarp16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dharapuram, TN
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post Thanks! and Replies!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandru Raj View Post
    If you want lot of power left at 110-130 then Apache i don think its the right choice. It does vibrate a lot after 110 and I don think you can do that speed all day.
    Yep! got that cleared from the owners in the owner thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandru Raj View Post
    Did you consider the R15 or the CBR150r. If you have the budget I will suggest CBR250R.
    Yeah, now started considering CBR150r. The ownership thread is getting some inputs. It will be nice, if there comes a official review of CBR150r

    Quote Originally Posted by Chandru Raj View Post
    1500ks a day you will ve a stiff back on any bike. And in between you should get a saddlesore attempt registered if you are not joking. Also if you have done it with a CD deluxe then you may be the unofficial holder of saddlesore on a least CC bike
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_ View Post
    Are you serious??!! You've done 1500kms in a day a lot of times on your CD Deluxe?!
    Man, think you got that a little wrong! I asked that if i can do 1.5k in a day, but currently with my CD Deluxe have done a max of somewhere around .8-.9 in a day!
    Sorry for my words made you all misconceive what i actually was coming to say!
    And to mention, heard of saddle sore and all that info just yesterday! Never have heard such a thing exists! Anyways, will do it someday!

    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_ View Post
    Think over it again and you can consider CBR 250 R also.
    have considered CBR150r!
    It should be a good tourer, atleast for a starter like me, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by MG View Post
    Bike Query Approved

    If you are not in a hurry then have a look at the P200NS
    Thanks for approving! At last my thread is here!
    And, no offense, don't know why, but have developed a hatred for pulsars.
    The limiter kicks in @11,500 rpm just within a second after the first shift..And, that's where the fun begins !! ;)

    My 1 Day rides - T'Log collection


  7. #7
    Addicted satheez_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    HOSUR(TN)-BANGALORE(KA)
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neevarp16 View Post
    Hi guys,
    am new here and from what i have gone through for a couple of days,
    You guys are great! Man, this is the place for me!

    Am just finished my college and will be going to Bangalore after a couple of months. Currently owning my dad's CD Deluxe.and have developed myself a passion for biking and touring.

    Here is my query.

    Am 165 cms height and around 75 kgs (average built).

    • Am going to buy my first bike.
    • Daily need : 50 kilometers city ride
    • and an average of 2.5-3k in touring/month (am doing it with my current bike even)


    during my current trips, i can average only a speed of 60 cause, beyond that it will strain the 100cc heart of my bike(of course, its not made for that). with my new bike, i don't want it to strain itself. Need a lotta power left at speeds of 110-130.

    • Budget : 1L+-20k
    • Mileage : Not a prob 35+ is okay
    • Expecting to own it for minimum 5 years


    after my lil research, have ended up with this list.

    1. Apache 180 ABS
    Pros: its my favorite!, but at speeds of around 120, can i ride long distances, around 1.5k in single day? cause i do that a lot.
    Cons: Vibration
    2. Karizma ZMR
    Pros: Heard, You can even ride a whole day in triple digits
    Cons: Old tech, ( no offense, but its a 2009 ZMA , with a little uplift, if am not wrong?) Hero Honda only virtually exists (personally, i think am risking lotta cash in for a company that no longer exists, am i right in this?)

    So, guys help me in adding some more options in this list. and help me choosing one too. Thank you mates!
    Hi neevarp16, IMO CBR 150R or Pulsar 200NS can meet your requirements well. For Pulsar you have to wait till launch might be 1 or 2 months. If u consider CBR, Its available right now.
    Regarding your favorite Apache, it is not looking good in recent upgrade and also not much suitable for touring since it is not made for that when considering riding stance and vibration.

    200NS
    + hope it will be VFM
    + 200 cc (good performance)
    + decent mileage
    + naked styling

    -NO Fi
    -Serious touring may suffers due to wind blast

    CBR 150R
    + more power from 150 cc engine (17.6 ps)
    + good mileage
    + resemble the touring DNA from his elder sibling
    + Faired styling

    -expensive for 150 cc
    -absence of switch gears(engine kill and pass light)

    If you like faired one go for CBR150R else Pulsar 200 could be good. Wait for pulsar launch and decide which is more suitable for you.

    Ride Safe!
    2012 HONDA CBR 250 R C-ABS
    I really love to ride my motorcycle. When I want to just get away and be myself and clear my head, that's what I do - Kyle Chandler

  8. #8
    CommuTOURer satyenpoojary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    On road
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My replies:

    Am 165 cms height and around 75 kgs (average built).
    - Average build. Most Indian machines are tailor made for this profile


    • Am going to buy my first bike.
    • Daily need : 50 kilometers city ride
    • and an average of 2.5-3k in touring/month (am doing it with my current bike even)


    Need a lotta power left at speeds of 110-130
    Not many bikes have power left beyond 110-130
    The ones that have are:
    R15
    CBR150
    Duke200/P200NS
    P220
    ZMR
    CBR250R
    Apache 180 doesnt have a "lot" of power beyond 110-130 but yeah you can comfortable cruise at 120ish

    If you like the Apache 180 ABS go for it

    Karizma ZMR is not a virtual Hero Honda. It will remain Heros flagship performance product for quite some time. So dont worry on that aspect.
    Super CommuTOURer - Talk less, Ride more

    .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*Do Not Click!*|I
    follow POWERDRIFT:.

    #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
    #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
    #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
    #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
    #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
    Satyen Poojary

  9. #9
    Rusted saipranav's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would have recommended you the CBR150R but its slightly out of your budget, i dont think apache 180 is a good choice, i own it and i have toured many times on it. Its definitely not a touring machine.

    ZMR is damn good, ZMA-R is even better(You can save 25k-30k and spend it on petrol for touring ) Both can cruise at high speeds for long times
    ZMA is lighter, ZMR is very bulky...
    But both are slightly out dated machines, if you dont care about that and just want a good touring machine, ZMA/ZMR will be damn good.

    You can wait for P200NS but then again, i saw its test videos and it doesnt look like its made for touring, it top speed is around 136kmph and has a slightly aggressive position(compared to ZMA) and its reliability is not known.

    Oh yea! When its about reliability ZMA/ZMR/CBR150R have been tried and tested.
    Over all i would say, if you are very rich go for CBR150R, other wise ZMA will save you a LOT of bucks...
    Apache 180

  10. #10
    The Time Traveller neevarp16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Dharapuram, TN
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Post

    Thanks guys, for your valuable time and replies,
    satheez_7, satyenpoojary, saipranav

    Quote Originally Posted by saipranav View Post
    But both are slightly out dated machines, if you dont care about that and just want a good touring machine, ZMA/ZMR will be damn good.
    Actually, that what is stopping me from choosing them!

    Quote Originally Posted by satheez_7 View Post
    Hi neevarp16, IMO CBR 150R or Pulsar 200NS can meet your requirements well.
    Thinking of it!

    Quote Originally Posted by satheez_7 View Post
    Regarding your favorite Apache, it is not looking good in recent upgrade
    Sad man! was worrying for days after seeing it in a showroom! Don't wanna talk about it!
    And, special thanks for your classic + and - list!

    So, I think extending the budget 10k more will get CBR150 in, as i heard its around 1.3L.

    Left with options,
    • ZMA
    • ZMR
    • CBR150R


    Still can't leave that two 'idiotic' old machines out of the list! Damn, they are too good to ignore!

    P.S. Sorry guys, my heart is not willing to go with a pulsar! No offense!
    The limiter kicks in @11,500 rpm just within a second after the first shift..And, that's where the fun begins !! ;)

    My 1 Day rides - T'Log collection


Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. help needed.....i'm gonna sell my....
    By eShWar kUmaR in forum Help Me!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 01:37 AM
  2. gonna buy a bike within 1 lakh pls help
    By dushyant123 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 09:20 PM
  3. Harleys are gonna get cheaper....
    By NikhilB in forum News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 12:26 PM
  4. Gonna book a bike tomorrow ! Dazzler VS CB Unicorn
    By karthikus in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 04:30 PM
  5. Advice needed on a good TOURER BIKE to Leh.
    By 06r1 in forum What Bike?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 03:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •