Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Stop braking before you start turning.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to xBhp Forums v2020

Welcome to 2020 Edition of the xBhp Forums . As you might have already noticed, the forums have undergone a major upgrade to keep up with the times. This will make the forums faster and intuitive and much more mobile friendly.

The basic functioning of the forum remains the same.

We are still tightening the loose nuts and bolts and it will take some time.

However, in case you are facing any issues or problems accessing the forums or posting here, please do let us know.

Any feedback/suggestions are also welcome!

You can post your suggestions on this thread itself!


https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/forum-a...s-2020-welcome
See more
See less

Bajaj Pulsar 135LS DTS-i Review: xBhp's Ride Report

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Overwhelmed by review and a good news to share

    Finally got it ! ! !
    Very Very Excellent review by NV and MG. Thanks to both of you.
    But, still waiting for more pics.

    In the mean time, there is a good news that I want to share with you all.
    My father has already booked the bike for me . And the Dealer said he will be able to deliver it by this month's last week. Bajaj has not sent a single piece for display here . So, impatiently waiting for this new and marvellous machine.
    And, after reading NV and MG's review, I am like ..... My father did the best thing for me. I will be the first to get my hands on this tiny beast in my city and that too with a proud feeling .
    Last edited by YoungBoy_220; 12-14-2009, 12:19 PM.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by darkknight View Post
      Finally

      Nice review MG & NV....

      both of you are finding a nice way to compensate the lack of track in Mumbai/pune
      Thanks DK

      Originally posted by cicatrix View Post
      Well what can I say, you guys have done a better job in testing bike then what most other journalists do! I mean you have covered every minute detail of bike testing which most other mags miss out or dish out. Why don't you guys do it more often then? It would be jolly good to see reviews of all the currently available bikes from major players in the first impression section. This will give us common reference point for comparing various bikes. Say what chaps?
      We are glad that you liked the review. It was written most honestly and we tried to cover as much as possible on the LS. Your suggestion is a nice one and maybe MG could look into that.

      Originally posted by YoungBoy_220 View Post
      Finally got it ! ! !
      Very Very Excellent review by NV and MG. Thanks to both of you.
      But, still waiting for more pics.

      In the mean time, there is a good news that I want to share with you all.
      My father has already booked the bike for me . And the Dealer said he will be able to deliver it by this month's last week. Bajaj has not sent a single piece for display here . So, impatiently waiting for this new and marvellous machine.
      And, after reading NV's review, I am like ..... My father did the best thing for me. I will be the first to get my hands on this tiny beast in my city and that too with a proud feeling .
      Congratulations YoungBoy, I am sure that you will enjoy riding this bike as much as I did.
      Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

      Comment


      • #33
        Great review by any standards!

        Niranjan: Your thoroughness and eye for detail is commendable. A job done not just with a professional mind but with the heart in the right place. Unbiased.

        Going by your experience, the bike is a definite improvement parameter for parameter and I personally am waiting to see what the 4-valve head and geometry changes tried with the LS would do to its beefier siblings. Apparently, the commuter/fun bike demarcation is beginning to blur and that's great news for us bikers. It a virtual dream to be able to pick any bike and enjoy riding it the way you like to and want to.

        The performance spread across the RPM band validates the dual advantage offered by the twin plugs and 4-valves. Things sure are looking up for the performance hungry riders.

        One small suggestion: Do sectionalize your reviews for ease of comprehension. A format followed by auto-journos across the globe has a lot going for it.

        MG: Your enthusiasm for the bike is infectious. And it shows through in the write up. Another wonderful review. The 4-valve takes the cake yes. Even from the engineering point of view. An engine head poked with so many holes through it is a design nightmare, both for the metallurgist and the production engineer, considering the magnitude and rapidity of thermal changes the component will encounter all the time. And as you both rode (or rather thrashed) the bike around Chakkan over a considerable period without any apparent deterioration in its performance shows it is a thoroughly well engineered product.

        Thanks for the efforts and the wonderful photography.

        OF
        I don't let my motorcycles interfere with my motorcycling...

        Join xBhp On

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by niranjanvaidya View Post
          Congratulations YoungBoy, I am sure that you will enjoy riding this bike as much as I did.
          Ya, I am eagerly waiting to feel the enjoyment as you felt riding the bike.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Old Fox View Post
            Niranjan: Your thoroughness and eye for detail is commendable. A job done not just with a professional mind but with the heart in the right place. Unbiased.

            Going by your experience, the bike is a definite improvement parameter for parameter and I personally am waiting to see what the 4-valve head and geometry changes tried with the LS would do to its beefier siblings. Apparently, the commuter/fun bike demarcation is beginning to blur and that's great news for us bikers. It a virtual dream to be able to pick any bike and enjoy riding it the way you like to and want to.

            The performance spread across the RPM band validates the dual advantage offered by the twin plugs and 4-valves. Things sure are looking up for the performance hungry riders.

            One small suggestion: Do sectionalize your reviews for ease of comprehension. A format followed by auto-journos across the globe has a lot going for it.

            MG: Your enthusiasm for the bike is infectious. And it shows through in the write up. Another wonderful review. The 4-valve takes the cake yes. Even from the engineering point of view. An engine head poked with so many holes through it is a design nightmare, both for the metallurgist and the production engineer, considering the magnitude and rapidity of thermal changes the component will encounter all the time. And as you both rode (or rather thrashed) the bike around Chakkan over a considerable period without any apparent deterioration in its performance shows it is a thoroughly well engineered product.

            Thanks for the efforts and the wonderful photography.

            OF
            OF Sir, these words coming from you, I am deeply honored. Thanks!!

            Thank You for your valuable inputs, I shall definitely incorporate them the next time that I write a review.
            Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

            Comment


            • #36
              Nice write up NV! and sooper pics MG!
              Super CommuTOURer� - Talk less, Ride more

              .: FB :.|.: TW :.|*IG*| Ex
              PowerDrift:.

              #Give thy opinion, write em, dont throw em
              #Everyone errs, accept it, defending/cribbing about it only makes it worse
              #Dont defend a manufacturer as if you work for them
              #Write. Think. If relevant hit submit. If not hit yourself
              #Be kind in your choice of words, you never know who would make you gulp em
              � Satyen Poojary

              Comment


              • #37
                aha as i was thinking , brilliant

                But only downside i felt again is STIFF SUSPENSION
                MG , NIRANJAN same kinda stiff like the new 220 ? .
                Less travel and uncomfortable on pot holes . I understand u tested on a track but just a guess from experience ? .

                And yea thanks a lot to you both for wonderful review .
                You both kinda complemented each other . Some small points which one missed was covered by the other . Guess you both should always go n check all the bikes out .
                Sincerely as one mate said earlier , does not seem a biased review at all .
                Fair enough .
                Hope is a good thing ,
                may be the best of things and
                no good thing ever dies .

                Get busy living or get busy dying .

                - The Shawshank Redemption .

                Comment


                • #38
                  Phew!!

                  Finally finished uploading all the pictures and formatted both the posts. For everyone's reference I've edited the thread name so that no one misses the second post (Post No. 30) where all the pictures are uploaded.

                  @OF Sir - Thanks for the kind words. Its been a long time since I caught up with you but very soon we will meet as you might be knowing that I will there at the xBhp stall during Auto Expo.

                  @outworldly maniac - I for one always prefers a hard suspension over a softer one be it for cornering or offroad riding but since the ride report was made keeping in mind the class of buyers who will go for the bike I felt its better to mention the point. And regarding your question of whether it will be as hard as P220 I will say 'No' to that although I'm yet to ride the bike in day to day riding condition.
                  Last edited by MG; 12-14-2009, 01:08 PM.
                  Join xBhp On



                  My photography page: Gourab Das Photography

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Extremely well written review, guys. Exactly what I was looking for!

                    I have one silly question for you fellas, though. I see that you have repeatedly said the engine is rev happy. So how do you compare it with the R15's engine, strictly on the rev happiness. Is it as easy to rev or, in other words, as intoxicating?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by MG_Biker1806 View Post
                      @outworldly maniac - I for one always prefers a hard suspension over a softer one be it for cornering or offroad riding but since the ride report was made keeping in mind the class of buyers who will go for the bike I felt its better to mention the point. And regarding your question of whether it will be as hard as P220 I will say 'No' to that although I'm yet to ride the bike in day to day riding condition.
                      Thanks buddy
                      Hope is a good thing ,
                      may be the best of things and
                      no good thing ever dies .

                      Get busy living or get busy dying .

                      - The Shawshank Redemption .

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Excellent work MG / NV.

                        I must say the pictures posted here are superb, very professional quality. Same goes for test review. Every angle is covered. But i wish to see a picture of front & rear footpegs which are changed in this Pulsar and also a pictures of cylinder head is required.

                        Once again, good work. After long time a true fun machine is arrived in market.

                        To Bajaj:
                        Good going. Waiting for same modifications in existing Pulsar lineup.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by modifii View Post
                          Excellent work MG / NV.

                          I must say the pictures posted here are superb, very professional quality. Same goes for test review. Every angle is covered. But i wish to see a picture of front & rear footpegs which are changed in this Pulsar and also a pictures of cylinder head is required.

                          Once again, good work. After long time a true fun machine is arrived in market.

                          To Bajaj:
                          Good going. Waiting for same modifications in existing Pulsar lineup.
                          Thanks modifii. Even I am looking out for the new series of its bigger siblings...
                          Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Nicely narrated review NV. The pics are superrrb MG. Thumbs Up to you both.

                            Felt the bike to be good package for sure with superb looks. Tubeless tyres will be missed though. Rear tail lamp cluster is not up to the rest of the bike.
                            HH Karizma (Current) || CBF Stunner PGM-FI || Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler
                            Honda Aviator || Kinetic Flyte || Kinetic Blaze || HH Splendor

                            Two ZMAs, 9 Days in Western Ghats

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              121 kmph

                              My P200 does 123...
                              This = Bheja fry
                              200 | 300 | 1200 BOXER

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by tanay View Post
                                121 kmph

                                My P200 does 123...
                                This = Bheja fry
                                LMAO! Could not stop laughing! This is what happens as technology marches ahead. Nothing we can do to stop it.
                                Your biking tells a lot about the person you are!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X