Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Always keep the chain well lubricated.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to xBhp Forums v2020

Welcome to 2020 Edition of the xBhp Forums . As you might have already noticed, the forums have undergone a major upgrade to keep up with the times. This will make the forums faster and intuitive and much more mobile friendly.

The basic functioning of the forum remains the same.

We are still tightening the loose nuts and bolts and it will take some time.

However, in case you are facing any issues or problems accessing the forums or posting here, please do let us know.

Any feedback/suggestions are also welcome!

You can post your suggestions on this thread itself!


https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/forum-a...s-2020-welcome
See more
See less

Honda CBR 150 R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Honda CBR 150 R

    Honda CBR 150 R


    Honda's latest offering to take on the Yamaha R15.

    Tech Specs

    ENGINE

    Type Liquid cooled, 4 Stroke, SI engine
    Displacement 149.4cc
    BorexStroke 63.5x47.2 mm
    Compression 11:1
    Net Power 17.57 bhp @ 10500 rpm
    Torque 12.6 nm @ 8500 rpm
    Valve System DOHC, 4 Valves
    Fuel System FI
    Starting System Electric Start
    Lubrication Forced Pressure & Wet Pump
    Air Filter Viscous Paper Filter

    DRIVE TRAIN

    Transmission 6 speed manual
    Final Transmission Chain Drive
    Gear Pattern 1 down, 5 up
    Clutch Type Wet Multiplate Manual Clutch

    DIMENSIONS

    Kerb Weight 138 kg
    Length (mm) 2000
    Width 825
    Height 1120
    Wheelbase 1305
    Ground Clearance 190
    Fuel Tank 13 litres

    CHASSIS

    Frame Type Diamond Frame
    Suspension
    Front Telescopic
    Rear Mono Suspension
    Tyre
    Front 100/80-17
    Rear 130/70-17
    Brake
    Front 276 mm disc
    Rear 220 mm disc

    ELECTRICALS

    Ignition Digital ECU Based
    Battery 12v 6Ah
    Headlamp 12v 60/55w H4






    Hi xbhp'ians

    I got delivery of my Honda CBR 150 R.. I will post my experiences with bike

    Click image for larger version

Name:	cbr150.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1974145
    Last edited by sunilg; 12-03-2012, 12:02 PM.
    Life is an Open Road For me..

  • #2
    Ownership Thread Approved
    Join xBhp On



    My photography page: Gourab Das Photography

    Comment


    • #3
      @ catchdebanjan, Congrats on your acquisition of the junior most member of the CBR family. Although it's way too early to ask for figures, enjoy the bike as much as possible & do post a detailed review of the same, this could turn out to be a serious eye opener for the beginners gunning into the 1 Lakh Plus 150 segment. Congrats again & ride safe.

      P.S. That's a beautiful color scheme that you've chosen, better than the other schemes present. Only to me
      Whenever there is a Rainbow in the sky, I know it's u mastering the art of Cornering. U will always be remembered brother, R.I.P Arun.

      The 5 Speed Restoration
      The Z Restoration


      /2001 Yamaha Rx 135 5 Speed/ 1999 Yamaha RXZ 135/ 2012 Honda Dio/ ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Congrats for your new bike. Enjoy and ride safe. Post your experience as early as possible.

        Comment


        • #5
          so the thread is up....congrats bro...
          sigpic

          Tyre Sizes _ Spark Plugs

          Headlight Focus _ Fork Oils

          All India xBhp Couple Riders Thread

          Ashtavinayak + Shirdi
          Purandar
          Raigad
          Dapoli
          Aurangabad
          Kaas Plateu & Thoseghar Waterfalls
          Purandar

          Comment


          • #6
            My first post in XBHP. I am looking forward to this ownership thread of CBR 150r to provide some more insight.
            I always had passion to ride a sports bike. There was only Yamaha R15 that appealed to me. But the pillion seat is too small for my wife. There is no grab rail and I don't want my office colleagues hugging on to me while returning back.
            I didn't like the fairing of Karizma ZMR. Felt it was too bulky.

            I was really looking forward to the launch of CBR150r but I am disappointed with Honda's approach.
            1. No online reviews yet. 2. Bike is not available for Test Ride. 3. No justification for higher price except that it is from the CBR lineage. 4. I am told by the dealer that the waiting time is 3 months.
            Very much looking forward to this thread to convince myself that this is the right bike for me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks everyone for your best wishes..
              Life is an Open Road For me..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by catchdebanjan View Post
                Hi xbhp'ians

                I got delivery of my Honda CBR 150 R.. I will post my experiences with bike
                Congrats!...

                Red and White Color looking very good..

                Originally posted by SiddheshD View Post
                I am told by the dealer that the waiting time is 3 months.
                3 months ...here in Delhi bike waiting period is 20 days....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Been waiting for this thread for quite some time, Good colour choice and let us know your first impressions.
                  ______________________________________
                  sigpic

                  Dream big and Dream hard,
                  coz life's all about chasing down ur dreams and living them...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SiddheshD View Post
                    My first post in XBHP. I am looking forward to this ownership thread of CBR 150r to provide some more insight.
                    I always had passion to ride a sports bike. There was only Yamaha R15 that appealed to me. But the pillion seat is too small for my wife. There is no grab rail and I don't want my office colleagues hugging on to me while returning back.
                    I didn't like the fairing of Karizma ZMR. Felt it was too bulky.

                    I was really looking forward to the launch of CBR150r but I am disappointed with Honda's approach.
                    1. No online reviews yet. 2. Bike is not available for Test Ride. 3. No justification for higher price except that it is from the CBR lineage. 4. I am told by the dealer that the waiting time is 3 months.
                    Very much looking forward to this thread to convince myself that this is the right bike for me.
                    @Siddesh I also wanted to go for r15 but, since the pillion seat is impratical i went for cbr 150r also, its engine is dohc compared to r15 s sohc one.

                    Ditto for me i bought the bike blind except for a small test ride..

                    i dnt know no one bothered to review the bike..

                    i got it delivered withn 3 weeks of booking just push the dealer a lil
                    promise him a booking, if possible pay in cash.. after the booking is made bully him a little say u r going for a different bike like duke if they dont deliver quickly
                    Life is an Open Road For me..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Congrats for your ride, its looking hot in red white..Have a proper run in and keep updating the thread..
                      sigpic
                      Yamaha Riders Club - Live your passion

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by catchdebanjan View Post
                        Thanks everyone for your best wishes..
                        Hi, how is the low end / low speed pick up of the bike?

                        Many of us are interested in it since the peak torque figure of the CBR150R is comparitively lower than that of the R15.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Brat View Post
                          Been waiting for this thread for quite some time, Good colour choice and let us know your first impressions.
                          the bike has impressed me by its handling.. i took it for a spin through narrow gallis and congested broken roads didnt disappoint me..

                          but, there is sore point though if u de accelerate in higher gears u must downshift or else the bike wont pull ahead if you try with holding clutch
                          Life is an Open Road For me..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            @catchdebanjan
                            I had been to Pilot Honda in Mulund, Mumbai. Didn't like the attitude of Sales guys over there. I will visit bike dealer in Thane on Saturday.

                            Congratulations for your bike. Red and White looks stunning.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by payeng View Post
                              Hi, how is the low end / low speed pick up of the bike?

                              Many of us are interested in it since the peak torque figure of the CBR150R is comparitively lower than that of the R15.

                              pick up looks good to me.. but lower torque does spell some disadvantages
                              Life is an Open Road For me..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X