In the World Superbike race held at Jerez, the British national Chaz Davies clinched his third consecutive World Superbike race victory after beating the Kawasaki heavyweights, Tom Sykes and Jonathan Rea.
The Ducati Superbike team rider, Chaz Davies started on the seventh position but in no time gained ground and reached the fourth place after turn 1 folowing which he passed Alex Lowes just before the end of the opening lap coming up to the third position. Lowes later crashed out of the race around the fourth turn in Lap 3.
Meanwhile the two Kawasakis were up front with Tom Skyes recovering from the move made by Jonathan Rea. In Lap 2, Rea made another move but failed to pull it off dropping behind Davies at the third place.
Davies eventually took lead after three laps, building a safe distance leaving behind Skyes and Rea to battle it out for the second place.
Chaz Davies finished first, winning by three seconds with Skyes and Rea competing for the podium where the former closed the gap to 44 points.
With the double podium finish, Kawasaki bagged the second consecutive Manufacturer title.
Nicky Hayden who was at the fourth position in the race when he was pushed by Honda’s Michael van der Mark. However he managed to stay just ahead of him finishing fourth.
Ducati duo Davide Giugluano and Xavi Fores crashed out at Turn 1 in Lap 2.
The Final standings of the Race 1 are –
1. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 20 laps
2. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +3.290s
3. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R +7.151s
4. Nicky Hayden USA Honda Racing CBR1000RR +13.212s
5. Michael van der Mark NED Honda Racing CBR1000RR +13.251s
6. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Pata Crescent Yamaha R1 +17.834s
7. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta RC F4 RR +20.911s
8. Jordi Torres ESP Althea BMW S1000RR +26.182s
9. Markus Reiterberger GER Althea BMW S1000RR +29.837s
10. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee BMW S1000RR +31.246s
News Source: Motorsport.com