Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Red to green – let the cager go first.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

    Could anyone point me to somewhere I can get good quality handle bar grips for ninja.. My stock one came loose and I need to replace it.. The ones I saw at Jc road is not of good quality.. Thx in advance

    Comment


    • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

      [MENTION=73647]Pegyal[/MENTION]: try searching for a wiring diagram for ninja and figure the color combination... [MENTION=46894]rajk727[/MENTION]:try searching alixpress you will get a pair for 900. Shipping will take a month..
      RIP Marco

      Comment


      • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

        I finally got the chance to change the tires..

        I thought I should wait til this Winter before I change them as the stock tires still had enough thread to survive another 5k kms.

        Stock tires were 7 years old and had done just 18500 kms..

        The monsoon rains made me change my decision as the rubber hardened and when the tires get wet, there was close to zero grip..

        Started looking out for Michelin Pilot Street Radial tires around my location and found them too costly so I started looking out for alternates from other manufacturers.. MRF, CEAT, Dunlop etc but i wasn't satisfied with the finds. I closed in on MRF Masseter which would cost me close to 7k and I started searching for it near my house with no luck. I started searching online for the same and then I came across a very good deal for the Michelin Pilot Street Radial on Amazon! I immediately placed order and I called up a friend who is working in Amazon and enquired on what I should do if the tires were no genuine or old stock! He said Amazon is very good in terms of Customer Service and I need not worry if anything had gone wrong..

        Now waiting for the tires to arrive, I didn't ride my Ninja. Instead used my ZMR for the next few days!!

        I was working in office and I get a call from Mom saying there was a parcel for me from Amazon! I was pretty excited and I took half day off and went home. Searched for nearby tries shops who would help me change the tires.. some quoted very high of upto 500 per tire. LoL. I literally ran away.. went to a Mechanic to whom I usually take my ZMR for minor issues. He said he will do it for 100/-

        Went home. Took the tires and brought them to him.. we started with the work and everything was perfect..

        Some pics attached..

        Now coming to the first ride impressions

        1. The bike felt pretty heavy
        2. The grip was phenomenal
        3. Bike felt smoother
        4. Brakes weren't effective.. not sure why..

        So far have completed close to 200 kms with these tires and now the grip is getting even better and the tires are still in run in period!!

        Figured out that the heaviness was due to the tires sticking to the tarmac.. after riding a rubber which almost transformed itself to plastic, this felt heaven!!

        In the market , front and rear Street Radial would cost close to 10k

        I got them for 8.2k

        The brakes were still not effective and sometimes the bite was perfect and sometimes it was spongy!!

        Took the bike back to Mechanic, he pulled.out the calliper and cleansed it. The front brake are now normal!!
        Splendor - 2k to 2006
        Karizma - 2k3 to 2009
        P180 - 2k6 to 2k9
        Hunk - Oct 2k7 til now
        ZMR - 2010 to Forever
        RX135(2k) - 2013 to 2018
        Ninja 250R (2010) - 2016 til now
        RayZ - 2015 til now
        Ninja 650 (2014) - 2017 til now


        Delhi to Narkanda
        Delhi to Coimbatore
        Delhi to Nepal

        Comment


        • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

          Originally posted by rreneav1987 View Post
          I finally got the chance to change the tires..


          I got them for 8.2k
          They are stock sizes?
          Hakuna Matata

          Comment


          • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

            Originally posted by Mithungo View Post
            They are stock sizes?
            Yes they are.. 110/70-17 up front and 130/70-17 at the rear..
            Splendor - 2k to 2006
            Karizma - 2k3 to 2009
            P180 - 2k6 to 2k9
            Hunk - Oct 2k7 til now
            ZMR - 2010 to Forever
            RX135(2k) - 2013 to 2018
            Ninja 250R (2010) - 2016 til now
            RayZ - 2015 til now
            Ninja 650 (2014) - 2017 til now


            Delhi to Narkanda
            Delhi to Coimbatore
            Delhi to Nepal

            Comment


            • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

              Originally posted by rreneav1987 View Post
              Yes they are.. 110/70-17 up front and 130/70-17 at the rear..
              Thank you.
              Hakuna Matata

              Comment


              • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

                Originally posted by rreneav1987 View Post
                Yes they are.. 110/70-17 up front and 130/70-17 at the rear..
                How are the parts availability of the 250r as of now. Where do you get the oil/air filters from?

                Comment


                • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

                  Originally posted by leech View Post
                  How are the parts availability of the 250r as of now. Where do you get the oil/air filters from?
                  Haven't yet gone to the Kawasaki SVC.. I have 2 oil filters in stock with me.. got them from KTM svc
                  Splendor - 2k to 2006
                  Karizma - 2k3 to 2009
                  P180 - 2k6 to 2k9
                  Hunk - Oct 2k7 til now
                  ZMR - 2010 to Forever
                  RX135(2k) - 2013 to 2018
                  Ninja 250R (2010) - 2016 til now
                  RayZ - 2015 til now
                  Ninja 650 (2014) - 2017 til now


                  Delhi to Narkanda
                  Delhi to Coimbatore
                  Delhi to Nepal

                  Comment


                  • Kawasaki ninja 250r servicing issue and spares

                    Hi i recently bought my friends ninja 250r run 20k and I want to service my motorcycle but there is no service centre here in Manipur imphal so how do I get the spares. Bajaj also have stopped selling spares of Kawasaki. It is a real headache now.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Kawasaki ninja 250r servicing issue and spares

                      Originally posted by robert irom View Post
                      Hi i recently bought my friends ninja 250r run 20k and I want to service my motorcycle but there is no service centre here in Manipur imphal so how do I get the spares. Bajaj also have stopped selling spares of Kawasaki. It is a real headache now.
                      Hello Robert,

                      You will have to take it to Kolkata most probably.

                      Kawasaki Kolkata Impression Suppliers Pvt. Ltd. The Meridian, G4 Raghunathpue, Teghoria, VIP Road, Kolkata – 700059 9051701000
                      ,8981801642
                      [email protected]
                      Regards,
                      Mithun
                      Hakuna Matata

                      Comment


                      • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

                        Hey folks,
                        I have a black N250 and i took it for long due servicing today at the Jayanagar SVC, Bangalore. The bike has completed 32.7K kms and the chain set/sprockets have never been replaced. It has become quite loose and making a lots of clicketty-clack sound lately. So I have some questions

                        Is it the time to replace the chain set at ~33,000 kms? I don't usually push the bike hard and it has been ridden mildly all this time
                        The cost I have been told is 24k for the entire set and I have to wait 3 weeks before they come. Anyway I can reduce the time/money or both ?

                        Thanks for all the help.
                        Last edited by shshnk28; 07-22-2017, 09:48 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

                          Originally posted by shshnk28 View Post
                          Hey folks,
                          I have a black N250 and i took it for long due servicing today at the Jayanagar SVC, Bangalore. The bike has completed 32.7K kms and the chain set/sprockets have never been replaced. It has become quite loose and making a lots of clicketty-clack sound lately. So I have some questions

                          Is it the time to replace the chain set at ~33,000 kms? I don't usually push the bike hard and it has been ridden mildly all this time
                          The cost I have been told is 24k for the entire set and I have to wait 3 weeks before they come. Anyway I can reduce the time/money or both ?

                          Thanks for all the help.
                          Go for Rolon kit. It will cost you at max 8k for the entire set..
                          Splendor - 2k to 2006
                          Karizma - 2k3 to 2009
                          P180 - 2k6 to 2k9
                          Hunk - Oct 2k7 til now
                          ZMR - 2010 to Forever
                          RX135(2k) - 2013 to 2018
                          Ninja 250R (2010) - 2016 til now
                          RayZ - 2015 til now
                          Ninja 650 (2014) - 2017 til now


                          Delhi to Narkanda
                          Delhi to Coimbatore
                          Delhi to Nepal

                          Comment


                          • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

                            I might be resurrecting the thread but I came to know that there is a Ninja 250R for sale. The bike has done some good number on odometer and is from 2009. Does it make sense to get that Ninja?

                            Sent from my ONE A2003 using xBhp.com mobile app
                            Regards,
                            Akash Yadav

                            The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

                              Originally posted by Akash.Yadav View Post
                              I might be resurrecting the thread but I came to know that there is a Ninja 250R for sale. The bike has done some good number on odometer and is from 2009. Does it make sense to get that Ninja?

                              Sent from my ONE A2003 using xBhp.com mobile app
                              Availability of spares could be a concern, otherwise it's an amazing motorcycle

                              Comment


                              • Re: Kawasaki Ninja 250R

                                Originally posted by motodreams View Post
                                Availability of spares could be a concern, otherwise it's an amazing motorcycle
                                I fear the same. Now that Bajaj and Kawasaki have divorced, the service coverage has become very thin. At this age and odo, I don't know if it is a good option, especially when I have Domi on my mind too. First love is Ninja always.

                                Sent from my ONE A2003 using xBhp.com mobile app
                                Regards,
                                Akash Yadav

                                The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X