Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Scan – see – think – act.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to xBhp Forums v2020

Welcome to 2020 Edition of the xBhp Forums . As you might have already noticed, the forums have undergone a major upgrade to keep up with the times. This will make the forums faster and intuitive and much more mobile friendly.

The basic functioning of the forum remains the same.

We are still tightening the loose nuts and bolts and it will take some time.

However, in case you are facing any issues or problems accessing the forums or posting here, please do let us know.

Any feedback/suggestions are also welcome!

You can post your suggestions on this thread itself!


https://www.xbhp.com/talkies/forum-a...s-2020-welcome
See more
See less

Triumph Motorcycles confirms India foray: xBhp News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by nelson_sanjoy1 View Post
    Just saw the 12.xx CRs on the triumph international models. How do we manage that with our ordinary fuel .
    And how exactly does FI compensate fuel quality? geeks???
    while we mere mortals are busy gawking at the boobs, we have someone, rightly i must add, finding the quality of silicone in them suspect.



    bhaiyya, if they are serious about the market they will be serious about the quality of the fuel too. don't worry they won't get you bikes which do hiccups on the quality of fuel here.

    and to gentleman who said maybe the bike will be detuned. sir what will you do of all the 107 horses sir. 20 bhaag bhi gaye phir bhi 87 hongey sambhalney ke liye. don't worry sir. and not to mention sir the people on the road are not used to 100 horses in a car, forget about in a bike. safety feature sir. treat the lost, if they are that is, horses as a safety feature sir.

    in other news, no reply from hinckley. maybe time to send them another mail from office id.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by forty6 View Post
      and to gentleman who said maybe the bike will be detuned. sir what will you do of all the 107 horses sir. 20 bhaag bhi gaye phir bhi 87 hongey sambhalney ke liye. don't worry sir. and not to mention sir the people on the road are not used to 100 horses in a car, forget about in a bike. safety feature sir. treat the lost, if they are that is, horses as a safety feature sir.
      Yes very right sir, its really sometime get unmanageable to drive my car , so when it comes on bike i think it will be different, though have experience about sbks.. but riding daily and riding once is a lot difference
      sigpic
      *Well everybody would you focus your mind
      Search for the truth and you will find
      Good spirit and strength from within
      That fights against all sin*

      Jai Om Numah Shivaya

      Comment


      • Originally posted by juscallmelarry View Post
        Yes very right sir, its really sometime get unmanageable to drive my car ,
        I drive a 140 horses car..........and I feel somewhat nervous controlling it, since I do not use it extensively like a bike.Hence its use has been restricted to non biking high way rides with family and friends or to attend some auspicious ceremonies at respectable locations.But I have to overcome my nervousness or I wont be confident in it ever.

        But one thing I found from so many vehicles, that it is only a matter of time that we get habituated to riding high end stuff, when it comes to two wheelers.

        A two wheeler is a complete and compact package whereas a car is very different.You can compare a single seater fighter jet to an airbus in this case.

        I know people in India who bought one of the fastest production bikes on earth and has utilized 70% of its true potential on Indian highways and has lived to share the experience with us.

        107 bhp of power is wonderfully manageable, provided it do not fall in hands of some one who thinks that he is a Wolverine or Superman who would not break bones or would heal without fuss from deadly injuries.As in that case the 107bhp would be unleashed in places which is not meant for it.

        Hence I am against detune of Triumph bikes, they should be as good as they are or their flair cannot be felt when it comes to riding on really fast roads that are present in India too.
        Hell's Angel
        sigpic

        Comment


        • thats a pretty fair point you have made here........

          Comment


          • It would be fun to watch saree guard on speed triple and daytona.
            New Brushed Titanium Theme For XBHP Forum (Full Dynamic Width With Depth Effects) For Your Chrome, Firefox & Opera.

            Comment


            • ^^^ And not to mention...the number plates in the front
              Skill is what keeps you on a Motorcycle
              Awareness + Skill is what keeps you out of harm's way
              ATGATT + Awareness + Skill means you might Live To Ride another day

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lockhrt999 View Post
                It would be fun to watch saree guard on speed triple and daytona.
                not all vehicles come with saree guard now. atleast I am not expecting one on the daytona
                sigpicThe Moto Cafe - India's first bike theme cafe @ Chandni Chowk

                The Moto Cafe video -
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XztkK4ej2U

                My Youtube channel

                http://www.youtube.com/user/niksdevil666

                Comment


                • Originally posted by niks_devil666 View Post
                  not all vehicles come with saree guard now. atleast I am not expecting one on the daytona
                  Anything below 800cc which has to pass through the Indian homologation process will end up with a Saree guard and the front number plate, like the Ninja 650.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by darkknight View Post
                    Henry it can & is used very successfully outside of india

                    just check on youtube "touring with triple" & you will get various tour videos

                    Touratech as well as triumph themselves offer some wonderful touring accessories
                    Thanks, I'll check that out. Now I can settle for Street Triple.
                    Henry

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by j4zb4 View Post
                      But then what about the wind blasts...? Or are there aftermarket visors available...?
                      I'll won't be too concerned about wind blast because while touring you rarely need speed faster than 120kmph, not atleast on Indian roads.
                      Henry

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MACH50 View Post
                        107 bhp of power is wonderfully manageable, provided it do not fall in hands of some one who thinks that he is a Wolverine or Superman who would not break bones or would heal without fuss from deadly injuries.As in that case the 107bhp would be unleashed in places which is not meant for it.

                        Hence I am against detune of Triumph bikes, they should be as good as they are or their flair cannot be felt when it comes to riding on really fast roads that are present in India too.
                        right sir..on highway curves it sometime feel really nervous but thanks to ABS these days it make it good on braking and of-course 4 wheels make it easy than the bike.

                        But the point of detune is not upto mark, though about utilization thing if we take it on race track then there i guess 20bhp also count, as bhp effects the acceleration and top speed too..
                        About sarre gaurd and front number plates they can be removed but detuning is like something we wont like to play. M agree with you on all aspects.
                        sigpic
                        *Well everybody would you focus your mind
                        Search for the truth and you will find
                        Good spirit and strength from within
                        That fights against all sin*

                        Jai Om Numah Shivaya

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by forty6 View Post

                          bhaiyya, if they are serious about the market they will be serious about the quality of the fuel too. don't worry they won't get you bikes which do hiccups on the quality of fuel here.

                          and to gentleman who said maybe the bike will be detuned. sir what will you do of all the 107 horses sir. 20 bhaag bhi gaye phir bhi 87 hongey sambhalney ke liye. don't worry sir. and not to mention sir the people on the road are not used to 100 horses in a car, forget about in a bike. safety feature sir. treat the lost, if they are that is, horses as a safety feature sir.
                          That's what I am interested to know ,how??? How will they come to manage with your fuel and how will the FI behave in that case?

                          Originally posted by hensil View Post
                          I'll won't be too concerned about wind blast because while touring you rarely need speed faster than 120kmph, not atleast on Indian roads.
                          Henry
                          Agree But wind blast tires you more while touring so something like bikini fairing really helps IMHO.

                          Comment


                          • How I wish there was an option for low quality fuel like previous Duke 690 had... Choice is always good..

                            Nobody wants detuning but neither does anyone want stammering engine. Let's hope that detuning is not required and our fuel makes it...


                            Last time we heard about detuning, it was on the faster GT 650R which after detuning, was slower than the Ninja 650R. I felt it was unfair but who knows the details of that detuning anyways...?
                            ---
                            Brotherhood, Rules, Freedom. Xbhp.
                            Indian riding = Alertness, Anticipation and Adjustment.

                            Comment


                            • yea , lets hope for the best
                              sigpic
                              *Well everybody would you focus your mind
                              Search for the truth and you will find
                              Good spirit and strength from within
                              That fights against all sin*

                              Jai Om Numah Shivaya

                              Comment


                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X