Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Avoid staying around those big vehicles.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha YZF-R15 version 2.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bhavandeepsingh View Post
    Correct. Top end is surely gonna drop becoz of the rear tyre and the extra weight, but not by more than 5-6 kph. V2 has new and better aerodynamics.
    Incorrect I must say, to take care of the performance, its ecu has been remapped this time and surprisingly it would have a better top end than its older sibling. Please wait for this news to be tested on real rides.
    sigpic
    Your bike is way better than babes,only thing is that you need a proper vision to mull over this fact. :D

    Comment


    • #17
      Oh god .... I went to the Yamaha showroom today to see if I can book one today .. And they are like it would take 45 days. Now that's going to be long wait... booked the white and red
      <Posted via BlackBerry Mobile>
      Last edited by turbosphere; 09-28-2011, 01:07 AM.
      TuRbOsPhErE

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Abhichoco View Post
        Noo.
        We'll just wait for some brave soul who dares to rip the bike in the initial stages.
        In the mean while, Ill be babying mine.
        Man, that's EVIL
        My Blog: www.dermotorrad.blogspot.com
        "A place where biking is life"

        Comment


        • #19
          Confusion

          I booked my Marlboro R15 V2 like 15 days ago and the dealer says it will be delivered in mid December. Should I ask him to give the delivery in Jan 2012 instead? Selling a 2012 bike later will be easier than selling a 2011 bike even though the difference is just of 15 days. Sometimes I think I should cancel and go for the CBR250r since I've already driven a 150cc bike before. But then the quality of the Indian CBR250r is total crap compared to the ones in the UK and US. The quality of R15 V2 is real good and the looks are awesome.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by sreejinair View Post
            I booked my Marlboro R15 V2 like 15 days ago and the dealer says it will be delivered in mid December. Should I ask him to give the delivery in Jan 2012 instead? Selling a 2012 bike later will be easier than selling a 2011 bike even though the difference is just of 15 days. Sometimes I think I should cancel and go for the CBR250r since I've already driven a 150cc bike before. But then the quality of the Indian CBR250r is total crap compared to the ones in the UK and US. The quality of R15 V2 is real good and the looks are awesome.
            I would ask them deliver the bike in 2012.
            My thoughts are subjected to personal experiences/internet articles. Please read my comment carefully before replying. :)

            Comment


            • #21
              Can someone tell how are the New R15 headlights as compared to the V1, specially on highways, as i heard they have changed the projectors.
              If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride. ~Author Unknown

              Don't argue with an 18-wheeler. ~Author Unknown

              Gray-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.

              You dont stop riding because youre getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

              Comment


              • #22
                Hi Srinath,
                I don't think there is any improvement. But I thought the lighting is sufficient. Liked the dual horn though...
                Regards,
                Abhijit

                2018 Suzuki VStrom 650 Review | Champion of Middleweight Adventure Touring!
                2018 Harley-Davidson Softail Deluxe | Classy, Chrome Laden Ride!
                2018 Harley Davidson Fatbob Review: Deimos is back!
                Benelli TNT300 Ownership Review

                Comment


                • #23
                  Mileage

                  R15 v2's company claimed/ARAI claimed average fig. is 46kmpl while those of v1 were 50kmpl. So in real world 35 kmpl should be expected, i guess.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Hello guys I paid the full amount for the Bike today.
                    I'll be getting my black r15 tomorrow evening.
                    Please tell me or point me to a good PDI that I should perform before delivery.
                    Thanks.
                    Jimmy smokes crack and I do not care!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Abhichoco View Post
                      Hello guys I paid the full amount for the Bike today.
                      I'll be getting my black r15 tomorrow evening.
                      Please tell me or point me to a good PDI that I should perform before delivery.
                      Thanks.
                      You are one lucky guy, I must say!
                      Great to have it so soon!
                      Congrats bro!
                      The waiting is so long here!
                      Money can get a 1942 BSA these days, but even Warren Buffet's whole Bank account can't get us our leg back!
                      -ShReYaS
                      1> '97 RX 135
                      2> Arrived Alone!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Abhichoco View Post
                        Hello guys I paid the full amount for the Bike today.
                        I'll be getting my black r15 tomorrow evening.
                        Please tell me or point me to a good PDI that I should perform before delivery.
                        Thanks.
                        Now you are real lucky ..... And so are we ... The sooner the bike comes the faster we can get reviews ..... (just kiddin) anyways I guess the PDI would be done by the them before delivery or else the usual brake free play, all electricals, etc..etc.. But am guessing Yamaha would have the best inspection done .... So good luck .... And anxiously waiting for the first review ... hehehe
                        <Posted via BlackBerry Mobile>
                        TuRbOsPhErE

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by abhijitkn View Post
                          Hi Srinath,
                          I don't think there is any improvement. But I thought the lighting is sufficient. Liked the dual horn though...
                          Maybe I was hoping too much but was wishing the next version of R15 came with complete projector kits
                          <Posted via BlackBerry Mobile>
                          TuRbOsPhErE

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Booked my ride on September 2, but still no info from dealer and not even a demo bike for display too.. Even the waiting period don't have any assurance!! always says might take one month or two month..phew!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by amitmalve View Post
                              R15 v2's company claimed/ARAI claimed average fig. is 46kmpl while those of v1 were 50kmpl. So in real world 35 kmpl should be expected, i guess.
                              +1 Karizma zma's ARAI claimed fig is also 45 n it gives around 35 in real world conditions....
                              sigpic
                              A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith and use up a lot of fuel....

                              http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/tourer/2...tml#post963629

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by amitmalve View Post
                                R15 v2's company claimed/ARAI claimed average fig. is 46kmpl while those of v1 were 50kmpl. So in real world 35 kmpl should be expected, i guess.
                                A larger rubber at the rear and slight increase in weight seems to have caused the drop but its still quite descent for the performance gain.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X