Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like minded biker friends. We have one common religion - Bikeism.

T-shirt
Magazine
Castrol Power 1

All the gear all the time (ATGATT).

Our Partners



User Tag List

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 440
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

  1. #1
    Addicted RebellionRiderRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Icon14 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

    TVS Apache RTR 160 4v First Riders and Owners Experience

    ======================



    https://www.tvsapache.com/assets/pdf...-RTR-1604V.pdf

    Coming to Specs:






    Front end:



    Back end:



    Side Profile:


    Color Variants:

    Official RTR Website: https://www.tvsapache.com/rtr1604v.aspx

    Also some useful links for the RTR owners



    Cheers,
    RebellionRiderRTR

  2. #2
    Moderator Samarth 619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Rajasthan
    Posts
    4,696
    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Re: TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

    Ownership Thread approved.

    So, are you planning to get one? @RebellionRiderRTR

  3. #3
    Addicted RebellionRiderRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

    I actually own one which is a dual disc varaint majestic blue color and now i would like more riders to come up with their experiences. @Samarth 619
    Last edited by RebellionRiderRTR; 08-03-2018 at 11:57 AM.

  4. #4
    Addicted RebellionRiderRTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    72
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

    Hi Riders,

    I was waiting since long time to see a Ownership thread on Apache RTR 160 4v as it will help new owners to understand where bike has been put out well and what not.

    Coming to my experience with this machine it has been super cool since the day i test drove single disc from Susheel motors, KPHB and to know how the bike handles itself in traffic and cornering is very attractive.
    I have to say this bike has been delivering more than i expected other than mileage which is around 40-42 after 1st service. Coming to ergos i m 6.2' and i too find the point of knees not so feasible thing but somehow i managed a sweet spot to place with some adjustments in my posture with and without pillion on.

    There are few areas which i think they would have done better like i had issues with
    Turning radius of the bike, literally cuts entire lane while U turns.
    Front brake, jerks when applied in surprise.
    Pillion side panels tends to move/crack some sound while pillion get on or get on, sometimes i feel they make come off.
    Side mirrors wont stand still not even for a while which irritates sometimes even after getting them fitted.
    I feel the false neutrals in the machine sometimes dont know why sometimes even when bike is in neutral i was not getting neutral signal on techo
    RPM's rise and fall after a long 1hr drive sometimes
    Rear Disc, cry soundings when brake applied

    Even though the above can be fixed by service centers i feel them being on the machine may need more attention though
    But overall i had a very satisfying feeling inside after every ride
    Best of them are
    Cornering is so smooth and also soo intact within line,very impressive.
    Machine is so smooth, no sound from machine at all.
    Braking is decent as i had my own experiences in city traffic.
    Bhai, cutting this machine in traffic is like butter, so easy and quick
    Pick up kicks in the way of start and makes the ride soo fun.
    Catching speed is its dna though i dint try it on proper highway
    Bike looks stunning even more stunning when it roars with its double exhaust.
    You will hear the hear the machines heartbeat as with 4 value and powerful tuning of this machine, it gives immense feel to get attached to this machine.
    Beautifully placed techometer which looks more beautiful in night also works great on day time and best in the class on this segment i feel.
    Bike design and the tvs horse logo on either sides of the tank makes bike more premium looking machine

    And goes on....

    I am enjoying this machine since less than 1 month now and the machine is now 1 service old. I like to share more of my experiences so please do share your experiences as well to know more about the machine so to it most of it.

    Cheers,
    RebellionRTRrider
    Last edited by RebellionRiderRTR; 08-03-2018 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Bullets are not working between lines
    Aswinlogi likes this.

  5. #5
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

    Quote Originally Posted by RebellionRiderRTR View Post
    Hi Riders,

    I was waiting since long time to see a Ownership thread on Apache RTR 160 4v as it will help new owners to understand where bike has been put out well and what not.

    Coming to my experience with this machine it has been super cool since the day i test drove single disc from Susheel motors, KPHB and to know how the bike handles itself in traffic and cornering is very attractive.
    I have to say this bike has been delivering more than i expected other than mileage which is around 40-42 after 1st service. Coming to ergos i m 6.2' and i too find the point of knees not so feasible thing but somehow i managed a sweet spot to place with some adjustments in my posture with and without pillion on.

    There are few areas which i think they would have done better like i had issues with
    Turning radius of the bike, literally cuts entire lane while U turns.
    Front brake, jerks when applied in surprise.
    Pillion side panels tends to move/crack some sound while pillion get on or get on, sometimes i feel they make come off.
    Side mirrors wont stand still not even for a while which irritates sometimes even after getting them fitted.
    I feel the false neutrals in the machine sometimes dont know why sometimes even when bike is in neutral i was not getting neutral signal on techo
    RPM's rise and fall after a long 1hr drive sometimes
    Rear Disc, cry soundings when brake applied

    Even though the above can be fixed by service centers i feel them being on the machine may need more attention though
    But overall i had a very satisfying feeling inside after every ride
    Best of them are
    Cornering is so smooth and also soo intact within line,very impressive.
    Machine is so smooth, no sound from machine at all.
    Braking is decent as i had my own experiences in city traffic.
    Bhai, cutting this machine in traffic is like butter, so easy and quick
    Pick up kicks in the way of start and makes the ride soo fun.
    Catching speed is its dna though i dint try it on proper highway
    Bike looks stunning even more stunning when it roars with its double exhaust.
    You will hear the hear the machines heartbeat as with 4 value and powerful tuning of this machine, it gives immense feel to get attached to this machine.
    Beautifully placed techometer which looks more beautiful in night also works great on day time and best in the class on this segment i feel.
    Bike design and the tvs horse logo on either sides of the tank makes bike more premium looking machine

    And goes on....

    I am enjoying this machine since less than 1 month now and the machine is now 1 service old. I like to share more of my experiences so please do share your experiences as well to know more about the machine so to it most of it.

    Cheers,
    RebellionRTRrider
    Is there any heating issue

  6. #6
    Addicted rakeshchn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    KL-01
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

    Guys, I have booked the single disc variant in Racing Red color and awaiting delivery, expecting within 1 weeks time. I will update the first impressions as soon as I get my hands on the bike.

    Some background about the selection process:
    Currently I own a Honda Dream Yuga from the initial batch manufactured in 2012. The bike completed 60K kilometers in 6 years. It has been a reliable work horse with no major issues, but with my riding style of quick acceleration and speeds of 50-55 KMPH my fuel mileage is always below 50 KMPL. I figured finally its time to graduate to something more powerful and enjoyable yet comfortable, giving about the same mileage (hopefully).
    150CC Hero and Honda bikes as well Pulsar 150 were not considered, and some of you may find my reason silly - As someone who wishes to take good care of his steed these bikes don't have an easy way to keep their oil filters clean and healthy! So I was left with Yamaha, Suzuki and TVS. Now Suzuki doesn't have a 150 cc bike on which me, my wife and 3 yrs old daughter can comfortably sit and go on a relaxing ride on Sunday evening. So that one was down.
    Decided to test drive Yamaha SZ RR (not FZ because of same reason as Gixxer) and Apache 160 4V. Yamaha SZ RR felt okay, but it didn't give me a feeling of worthy upgrade from Dream Yuga in terms of responding to twist of my wrist, as well as the calm and muted commuter-ish exhaust note. In short, practical but no fun factor. Exactly what I am having now with Dream Yuga So why upgrade right?
    So finally test rode Apache 160 4V and boy'O boy I was impressed. The smoothness of the engine was out of the world, not even the Yamaha could match it. Revs would count up beautifully with the slight twist of wrist as if the bike didn't feel a hint of stress. Amazing handle control, the big bike feeling because of the huge petrol tank, yet light and nimble...and you know what the last bit was that sealed the deal for me? The mighty sounding dual horn setup
    Aswinlogi and sandykick like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Om Yamahaya Namaha...praise the lord!

  7. #7
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

    What's the compression ratio of 160 RTR 4V

  8. #8
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

    Quote Originally Posted by chidafn View Post
    What's the compression ratio of 160 RTR 4V
    10.15:1, with oil cooling, whereas cbr 250r compression ratio = 10.7:1 with liquid cooling, hornet compression ratio = 10.01:1 with air cooling

  9. #9
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

    Quote Originally Posted by #bpk View Post
    10.15:1, with oil cooling, whereas cbr 250r compression ratio = 10.7:1 with liquid cooling, hornet compression ratio = 10.01:1 with air cooling
    Thank you sir. 200 RTR 4V has 9.7:1.
    With 10.15:1 the RTR is very smooth.

  10. #10
    Rusted #bpk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Tezpur , Assam
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Ownership Experience

    Quote Originally Posted by chidafn View Post
    Thank you sir. 200 RTR 4V has 9.7:1.
    With 10.15:1 the RTR is very smooth.
    Yes tvs has done a wonderful job in terms of refinement, my hornet has more vibrations than rtr 160 4v
    chidafn and Aswinlogi like this.

Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Ownership Thread]: TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Ownership Experience
    By BhanuPrakash in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 3751
    Last Post: 14 Hours Ago, 07:22 PM
  2. [Ownership Thread]: Benelli TNT 300 Ownership Experience
    By experimentalhead in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 3652
    Last Post: 18 Hours Ago, 03:17 PM
  3. [Ownership Thread]: KTM RC 390 Ownership Experience
    By ksameer in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 5458
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 07:41 AM
  4. [Ownership Thread]: Benelli TNT 25 Ownership Experience
    By BiKeLovER in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 1710
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 01:11 PM
  5. [Ownership Thread]: Honda NAVI Ownership Experience
    By nikx3392 in forum Motorcycle Ownership Experiences
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-06-2018, 10:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •