Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Keep your helmet tightly strapped up.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royal Enfield Himalayan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

    Originally posted by abkumar View Post
    I have booked the granite color Himalayan yesterday. The waiting period is of 4 months as quoted by dealer.
    Woah that's long. Hope you get it sooner!

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

      Originally posted by Pique242 View Post
      Woah that's long. Hope you get it sooner!
      Thanks mate ! I just want it in September on my birthday😂
      four wheels move the body but two wheels move the soul.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

        Originally posted by Mohanlal View Post
        May be, but definitely that's not a common issue with all the bikes.
        I as you come from a unicorn(2nd gen). Riding it since 2007.
        It has been a rock stable bike. Have done Ladhakh,Sikkim,Butan and countless other small rides on it.
        I never had a hint of doubt of the unicorn all this years she was always capable.
        Until lately she never gave any troubles but now i am due of an worthy upgrade.
        I am in love with the Himalayan considering its purpose driven approach. But am not a hands on guy much if she starts throwing issues.
        The RE legacy i am very afraid off and would rather keep away if it is continuing in Himalayan.
        Will wait for some more time before deciding if I should cancel my booking. Just gonna follow all of the owners updates closely.

        Originally posted by batMobile View Post
        These two parts are loose on my bike too, but not so much that they fall off.
        Now there are 2 such incidents reported of falling of saree guard
        One is publicly available comparo by autocar between mojo,thunderbird and himalayan which i came across yesterday and one as i said earlier of a friend.

        Originally posted by Pique242 View Post
        Woah that's long. Hope you get it sooner!
        I have been quoted 4 months waiting too.
        August is when i am supposed to get it.

        One question:
        My Unicorn was comfortable cruising at 80km/hr all day.
        but with the higher priced bike i wish the cruising speed to be at least the 100-110km/hr mark
        I always believe that if any bike is capable to reach a top whack of around 140-150
        then it should be able to cruise at 100-110 easy but the Himalayan seems lacking here too, need the owners inputs on the same.
        ASHWIN NARVEKAR

        My Blog - http://driftwiththeclouds.blogspot.com/
        Leh Ladhakh Trip
        Sikkim - Bhutan Trip
        My Bikes: Honda Unicorn, RX 135(Sold)

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

          I test rode the bike, it is the best handling royal enfield yet. Waiting period of two months quoted at vizag dealership
          Last edited by jaggu_rtr; 05-29-2016, 08:37 PM.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

            [MENTION=48977]batMobile[/MENTION], the longer the owner's review, the more happier folks here around. Good insights. A few questions from my side

            How are the mileage characteristics of the bike? Sedate and spirited riding, any differences, if any, have you observed?
            Anything undid itself (Monica Belluci style as you've said Would be glad to know more on this, as lots of people have experienced falling garnish caps, broken saree guards et cetera. I understand it's too early to go into the details too much, but would love to get more information on some of the undressing nature of REs.

            Would love to hear more from you guys, keep us abreast as much you guys can.

            Cheers!
            VJ
            Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?'
            The girl said, 'NO!'


            And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and watched sport on a big screen TV, went fishing and surfing, and played golf a lot, and drank beer and scotch and had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.


            THE END

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

              Originally posted by drifter View Post
              One question:
              My Unicorn was comfortable cruising at 80km/hr all day.
              but with the higher priced bike i wish the cruising speed to be at least the 100-110km/hr mark
              I always believe that if any bike is capable to reach a top whack of around 140-150
              then it should be able to cruise at 100-110 easy but the Himalayan seems lacking here too, need the owners inputs on the same.
              The answer to this question may take sometime since all owners are still running-in their Himalayans. 😃
              four wheels move the body but two wheels move the soul.

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

                Hi every one ,
                I bought the Himalayan on 18th of May 2016. I have done around 450kms keeping in mind the break in process.
                What i have notice and would like to know if anyone is also facing these issues

                1.The exaust has turned bluish .Not exceeding 60km/h below 3000 RPM

                2. There are vibration and noise like grrr grrr grrr during pick up from the 2nd to the 3rd gear.
                3. OIL sweating from engine.
                4. Tappet sound/clatter noise.
                5. False natural light.
                6. Gear Shift hard from the 1st to 2nd.
                7. impossible to find natural when stationary.
                8. Loose Chain.
                Attaching some pics
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0720.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1936809Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0715.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1936807Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	1936808
                Going tomorrow to the service centre and hope they solve my issues.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

                  Originally posted by Abdulla Bhagat View Post
                  Hi every one ,
                  I bought the Himalayan on 18th of May 2016. I have done around 450kms keeping in mind the break in process.
                  What i have notice and would like to know if anyone is also facing these issues

                  1.The exaust has turned bluish .Not exceeding 60km/h below 3000 RPM

                  2. There are vibration and noise like grrr grrr grrr during pick up from the 2nd to the 3rd gear.
                  3. OIL sweating from engine.
                  4. Tappet sound/clatter noise.
                  5. False natural light.
                  6. Gear Shift hard from the 1st to 2nd.
                  7. impossible to find natural when stationary.
                  8. Loose Chain.

                  Going tomorrow to the service centre and hope they solve my issues.
                  Do let us know what comes up!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

                    Originally posted by Abdulla Bhagat View Post
                    Hi every one ,
                    I bought the Himalayan on 18th of May 2016. I have done around 450kms keeping in mind the break in process.
                    What i have notice and would like to know if anyone is also facing these issues

                    1.The exaust has turned bluish .Not exceeding 60km/h below 3000 RPM

                    2. There are vibration and noise like grrr grrr grrr during pick up from the 2nd to the 3rd gear.
                    3. OIL sweating from engine.
                    4. Tappet sound/clatter noise.
                    5. False natural light.
                    6. Gear Shift hard from the 1st to 2nd.
                    7. impossible to find natural when stationary.
                    8. Loose Chain.
                    Attaching some pics

                    Going tomorrow to the service centre and hope they solve my issues.
                    All these issues are common across almost all the bikes at least in Enfields Brother. Loose chain is not there in mine, Finding Neutral tough from 1st gear but from 2nd its not that hard in mine.

                    Point 1 is not at all an issue, even I have seen this in Triumph Bonneville.

                    Vibrations should go off after first service.
                    Last edited by B7ACKTHORN; 05-30-2016, 09:53 PM. Reason: DO NOT quote the picture set when replying, edit them appropriately.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

                      Originally posted by Mohanlal View Post
                      All these issues are common across almost all the bikes at least in Enfields Brother. Loose chain is not there in mine, Finding Neutral tough from 1st gear but from 2nd its not that hard in mine.

                      Point 1 is not at all an issue, even I have seen this in Triumph Bonneville.

                      Vibrations should go off after first service.
                      Bro, edit out the pics in the quote when replying. It makes it unnecessarily long.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

                        Aftermarket upgrades,
                        Anyone installed any upgrades like seat cover, exhaust? I haven't heard anything from anyone.. triumph tiger styled seat covers would add nice touch to the motorcycle.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

                          So my friend's Himalayan went for first service on the 4th day after being bought, yes we completed 522kms in 3days.
                          The first service costed us 1262INR which included 830INR for oil and 109INR for oil filter.
                          I still cant understand how come the 15W50 Liquid Gun oil can sustain upto 5000kms (next service interval).

                          He got a normal seat cover for both the seats, I will be installing the leg guards on the his Himalayan this weekend.

                          Some issues we faced :
                          1) Its a tough job getting the neutral, and downshifting from 2 to 1
                          2) The oil marks were there in these 3days, hope now they will reduce.
                          3) The mileage it showed was 16/17 in city and 26/27 in highway 60kmph-80kmph riding, hope it gets little better after the service.
                          Last edited by prateek2210; 06-02-2016, 11:38 AM. Reason: Missed one number in the odo reading
                          Fare thee well xBhp, All the best for being the biggest name in corporate world

                          FAQs-RTR owners
                          Helmet Range

                          Your Friendly MotoVlogger


                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

                            Originally posted by prateek2210 View Post
                            So my friend's Himalayan went for first service on the 4th day after being bought, yes we completed 52kms in 3days.
                            First service interval is 500 kms I think, I guess you covered 52x kms in 3 days right ?
                            four wheels move the body but two wheels move the soul.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

                              Originally posted by prateek2210 View Post
                              3) The mileage it showed was 16/17 in city and 26/27 in highway 60kmph-80kmph riding, hope it gets little better after the service.
                              You sure it's 16-17 in city? It's insanely low. My car would give better!

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan

                                Originally posted by abkumar View Post
                                First service interval is 500 kms I think, I guess you covered 52x kms in 3 days right ?
                                Me here is my dear friend (Samrat), yes we covered 522kms in 3 days and gave it for service on the 4th day.

                                Originally posted by Pique242 View Post
                                You sure it's 16-17 in city? It's insanely low. My car would give better!
                                Generally , any bike returns bad mileage before the first service a sthe materials and metals are all new and the friction quotient is high.
                                The numbers I quotes are the numbers that came up on meter. Will do tank full method soon.
                                Fare thee well xBhp, All the best for being the biggest name in corporate world

                                FAQs-RTR owners
                                Helmet Range

                                Your Friendly MotoVlogger


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X