Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Regularly check tyre pressures.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bajaj Avenger - All versions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions





    This was taken a minute later I turned off the engine, after riding for 15kms in city at 2-5k rpm. The engine was very very freaking hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just wanted to know if this much engine oil is on the lower side or higher side?

    I suppose the engine oil level will settle down a bit after it cools, as the oil will loose it's viscosity. So the level will come down a bit.

    Other thing is : Why the hell engine maybe heating so much??!!!!!!!! The heat build is so much that even the gearbox part can burn the flesh if you touch it after riding for a while, let alone the engine.
    Bajaj Avenger Street 220 - (Delhi)
    Flickr Profile : http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrishi_sharma

    Comment


    • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

      Originally posted by Richardson's View Post




      This was taken a minute later I turned off the engine, after riding for 15kms in city at 2-5k rpm. The engine was very very freaking hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Just wanted to know if this much engine oil is on the lower side or higher side?

      I suppose the engine oil level will settle down a bit after it cools, as the oil will loose it's viscosity. So the level will come down a bit.

      Other thing is : Why the hell engine maybe heating so much??!!!!!!!! The heat build is so much that even the gearbox part can burn the flesh if you touch it after riding for a while, let alone the engine.



      hi,
      Oil level is subjective and depends on surface slope. Best method is drain all oil and refill with 1.2 ltr oil. You have removed total 450 ml of oil which is not goof for engine health.


      -Kalpesh

      ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

      Originally posted by bencherian View Post
      I have got this foto from Facebook bajaj avenger club-india

      अपने दोस्तों, परिवार और परिचित लोगों से शेयर करना और कनेक्ट करना शुरू करने के लिए Facebook में लॉग इन करें.


      Hi,
      This is good modification done! He has fabricated supports for it , you can do same of you want.
      Personally speaking, Avenger is perfectly designed bike and stock crash guard looks good too.


      -Kalpesh

      Comment


      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

        Originally posted by Golden Cat View Post
        [/I]


        Hi,
        This is good modification done! He has fabricated supports for it , you can do same of you want.
        Personally speaking, Avenger is perfectly designed bike and stock crash guard looks good too.


        -Kalpesh
        Ya I know it looks good but I had some crashes and its attachment area to chassis is weak now...plus am planning to add bit more weight to the bike all for reducing vibration
        And yeah.... Your bike is new model...so heard about new model has reduced NVH

        Comment


        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

          Originally posted by Golden Cat View Post
          [/I]


          hi,
          Oil level is subjective and depends on surface slope. Best method is drain all oil and refill with 1.2 ltr oil. You have removed total 450 ml of oil which is not goof for engine health.


          -Kalpesh

          ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----



          Hi,
          This is good modification done! He has fabricated supports for it , you can do same of you want.
          Personally speaking, Avenger is perfectly designed bike and stock crash guard looks good too.


          -Kalpesh
          Oil level is subjective ? Like how ?Aren't all models with same engine displacement supposed to have same oil quantity ?
          Also, that picture was taken when bike was on main stand over a flat surface, no slopes.

          I am thinking of taking the bike to the ASC now, and have them check the oil level and heat. It looks like the engine is building too much heat and that the oil cooler doesn't heats much. Ideally the oil cooler should be darn hot!!
          Bajaj Avenger Street 220 - (Delhi)
          Flickr Profile : http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrishi_sharma

          Comment


          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

            Originally posted by Richardson's View Post
            Oil level is subjective ? Like how ?Aren't all models with same engine displacement supposed to have same oil quantity ?
            Also, that picture was taken when bike was on main stand over a flat surface, no slopes.

            I am thinking of taking the bike to the ASC now, and have them check the oil level and heat. It looks like the engine is building too much heat and that the oil cooler doesn't heats much. Ideally the oil cooler should be darn hot!!

            Hi
            I mean to say oil level can vary on slopes, stand position ( If modified). You method was right.
            I think you have low oil problem, please correct oil level slightly above High mark.

            ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

            Originally posted by bencherian View Post
            Ya I know it looks good but I had some crashes and its attachment area to chassis is weak now...plus am planning to add bit more weight to the bike all for reducing vibration
            And yeah.... Your bike is new model...so heard about new model has reduced NVH
            Yes right,
            I dont have vibrations issue till now, I can easily reach upto 80-90 without vibrations. I have not crossed 90 km/hr yet. You can install that crash guard but avoid welding on chassis as it will rust rapidly. Try to use brackets if available.


            Meanwhile, after installing dual horns I am observing battery drain issue for few seconds.
            During night, headlight and tail lights are ON. If I use horn and Brake light same time, horn fades away as if its not getting enough power.
            Brake light consumes =20W power
            Headlight =60W power
            Tail light + parking light+ meter lights = 10W power
            So total power consumption is 90W.
            Horns consume 60W power.
            Thats why all simultaneous uses more power which reduces Horn performance.

            Decided to use LED brake light or Separate relay circuit which will turn off brake light when horn is used.

            -Kalpesh

            Comment


            • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

              Guys as seen through in these posts ... Which is the best for lubing the chain
              Some say Chain lube like Motul
              Some say used engine oil
              Some say new engine oil
              Some say grease

              Which is the best one for lubing chain for quite sometime life and NOT dust attractive

              Comment


              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                Guys as seen through in these posts ... Which is the best for lubing the chain
                Some say Chain lube like Motul
                Some say used engine oil
                Some say new engine oil
                Some say grease

                Which is the best one for lubing chain for quite sometime life and NOT dust attractive
                Motul spray rocks but expensive!
                Bajaj Avenger Street 220 - (Delhi)
                Flickr Profile : http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrishi_sharma

                Comment


                • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                  Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                  Guys as seen through in these posts ... Which is the best for lubing the chain
                  Some say Chain lube like Motul
                  Some say used engine oil
                  Some say new engine oil
                  Some say grease

                  Which is the best one for lubing chain for quite sometime life and NOT dust attractive
                  hi
                  Chain need oil for lubrication, not any used/new engine oil will work.
                  Grease will not stick to chain at high speed, so use high viscosity oil like gear oil or special chain oil only.


                  -Kalpesh

                  ----consecutive posts auto-merged-----

                  Installed Flag Pole for 26th Jan Avenger Rally in mumbai.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_01_25_IMG_2971.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1947466

                  Also installed Headlight Shade Cap and Orange Indicator light covers. I did not like stock Clear covers and wanted it in orange color. Finally found it on ebay.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_01_25_IMG_2966.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1947464Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_01_25_IMG_2967.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1947465
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Golden Cat; 01-25-2017, 05:15 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                    hello guys, need your advice if which one of two 20w40 or 20w50 would be good engine oil for avenger 220 cruise. I am in a bit confusion, as bajaj guys has been filling a bajaj 20w40 dtsi engine oil at every service interval, and bike's manual recommends a 20W50 grade. So which one should i go for ??Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByxBhp Connect1485414374.523095.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1947478

                    Comment


                    • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                      Originally posted by bambernitin View Post
                      hello guys, need your advice if which one of two 20w40 or 20w50 would be good engine oil for avenger 220 cruise. I am in a bit confusion, as bajaj guys has been filling a bajaj 20w40 dtsi engine oil at every service interval, and bike's manual recommends a 20W50 grade. So which one should i go for ??[ATTACH]225329[/ATTACH]
                      Insist for 20w50... 20w40 is for avenger 150cc I guess

                      Comment


                      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                        Can any one let me know the pros and cons of Avenger Street 150 .

                        Thank you!

                        Comment


                        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                          Originally posted by IamAditya View Post
                          Can any one let me know the pros and cons of Avenger Street 150 .

                          Thank you!
                          Pros- Greater mileage
                          Cons-Lesser pickup than 220cc
                          Rest are same

                          Comment


                          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                            Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                            Guys as seen through in these posts ... Which is the best for lubing the chain
                            Some say Chain lube like Motul
                            Some say used engine oil
                            Some say new engine oil
                            Some say grease

                            Which is the best one for lubing chain for quite sometime life and NOT dust attractive
                            Avoid the usual grease for periodic use (it's difficult to get off/clean).

                            The other three can be used.. some might frown upon used engine oil but it works ok. I've been using this 90% of the time and the chain/sprocket on my duke is at 28k km now.
                            Ideally get hold of EP 90 gear oil (like mak spirol or castrol gl4.. just ask for 90 gear oil ) and use that to lube the chain. That's what is mostly recommended, works fine and is cheap. And you could maybe use wet grease like nulon grease spray at times especially in rains (350rs for a 700ml can.. available on snapdeal or nulon india website).. it's a thin wet grease and does a good job with no mess.
                            Your bike is equipped with a main stand, so it's not a pain to use an oil can and lube up the chain.

                            If you don't mind spending a bomb then get yourself the motul chain lube. A can doesn't last much (maybe 8 applications) and costs close to 500rs, so three cans will cost you the same as a new chain/sprocket kit .

                            What's more important than the product you use is whether you do it periodically at every 500-700km.. so don't expect miracles on an already neglected chain. Lubrication helps minimize wear.. it doesn't undo the damage already done.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                              Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                              Insist for 20w50... 20w40 is for avenger 150cc I guess
                              okk. thank you.
                              i asked them but they said 20w50 isnt available there at service station.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                                Originally posted by bambernitin View Post
                                okk. thank you.
                                i asked them but they said 20w50 isnt available there at service station.
                                Just as I guessed... So they made-up the scenario...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X