Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Be smooth with your gear shifts.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bajaj Avenger - All versions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Bajaj Avenger 220 Dtsi circuit diagram

    Originally posted by Giritharan Kubendran View Post
    Hi Kalpesh,

    i plan to modify the below things.

    #1 Indicator to Hazard light.
    #2 Floor LED
    #3 Adding the Aux Lamp through Ignition Line.


    Regards,
    Giritharan M k
    hi,
    I got it, even if you dont have circuit diagram, just track only one power wire from ignition switch and connect it to relay (add it near battery) and take the output from relay for your use. I will suggest against Aux lights as it will strain battery if used frequently. Use it for emergency or highway use only.
    Dont connect anything on stock wires directly, it will damage wiring.
    Its easy work but do it carefully.

    Is your Avenger is AC ignition or DC ignition?

    Comment


    • Re: Bajaj Avenger 220 Dtsi circuit diagram

      Originally posted by Golden Cat View Post
      hi,
      I got it, even if you dont have circuit diagram, just track only one power wire from ignition switch and connect it to relay (add it near battery) and take the output from relay for your use. I will suggest against Aux lights as it will strain battery if used frequently. Use it for emergency or highway use only.
      Dont connect anything on stock wires directly, it will damage wiring.
      Its easy work but do it carefully.

      Is your Avenger is AC ignition or DC ignition?
      Hi..So to add aux light also do we have to add relay ? Am planning this aux light to install below number plate
      I dono to do alone...But if giving to a mechanic they just cut the main wire and attach this one...
      What should I ask them to do ?

      Comment


      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

        Those who want to see what all I have modded ... Here it is...
        1.The swing arm was widened using a metal washer/bush
        2. The rod going to drum hub was bend
        3. The rear SHOCKS are THUNDERBIRD ENDURANCE GAS SHOCKS
        4.The underside chasis marked has cut and removed protruded portion only...No harm to chasis done
        5.The center stand has been raised a bit
        6. The stock exhaust has modified to 1.5 inch free flow exhaust with catalytic converter removed

        Comment


        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

          Comment


          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

            You are right, For 220cc engine 1.2 ltr oil required while for 150cc its 1 ltr

            Comment


            • Bajaj Avenger - All versions

              Originally posted by bencherian View Post
              Hi..So to add aux light also do we have to add relay ? Am planning this aux light to install below number plate
              I dono to do alone...But if giving to a mechanic they just cut the main wire and attach this one...
              What should I ask them to do ?
              Hi,
              Excellent, even i purchased this light to install above/bellow number plate but i cancelled that plan last moment because order was late.
              Buy handle bar switch on amazon.
              Tell mechanic to use separate handle bar switch and take power from battery for Aux light and ignition switch will provide power to relay via handle bar switch .
              You should post pics of work
              edit: Relay is not required for this 18w light but relay will keep main wires safe and you can add more wattages Aux lights in future
              Last edited by Golden Cat; 01-18-2017, 11:41 PM.

              Comment


              • Re: Bajaj Avenger 220 Dtsi circuit diagram

                Originally posted by Golden Cat View Post
                Hi,
                Excellent, even i purchased this light to install above/bellow number plate but i cancelled that plan last moment because order was late.
                Buy handle bar switch on amazon.
                Tell mechanic to use separate handle bar switch and take power from battery for Aux light and ignition switch will provide power to relay via handle bar switch .
                You should post pics of work
                I didn't get you... Wire from battery and ingnition switch and relay also needed

                Comment


                • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                  Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                  Those who want to see what all I have modded ... Here it is...
                  1.The swing arm was widened using a metal washer/bush
                  2. The rod going to drum hub was bend
                  3. The rear SHOCKS are THUNDERBIRD ENDURANCE GAS SHOCKS
                  4.The underside chasis marked has cut and removed protruded portion only...No harm to chasis done
                  5.The center stand has been raised a bit
                  6. The stock exhaust has modified to 1.5 inch free flow exhaust with catalytic converter removed
                  hi, how is ride quality of Endurance gas shocks? I think there is only benefit of height so it does not bottom out when bike hits any pothole.
                  Whats tyre size?
                  And whats benefit of free flow exhaust over stock one?

                  Comment


                  • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                    Originally posted by Golden Cat View Post
                    hi, how is ride quality of Endurance gas shocks? I think there is only benefit of height so it does not bottom out when bike hits any pothole.
                    Whats tyre size?
                    And whats benefit of free flow exhaust over stock one?
                    I had back problem with stock shocks... Got changed to gas shocks...
                    Yes it does not bottom out in pot holes...But it absorbs the small uneven roads plus reduces the impact from bottom thuds
                    Tyre is that TVS RAMBO 140/90-15... I posted link earlier

                    Comment


                    • Re: Bajaj Avenger 220 Dtsi circuit diagram

                      Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                      I didn't get you... Wire from battery and ingnition switch and relay also needed
                      hi
                      ignition wire output will go to switch, when switch is ON it will trigger relay, and relay will supply power to aux light.
                      You can directly connect ignition output to Aux light but its not safe in long run.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                        Originally posted by Golden Cat View Post
                        And whats benefit of free flow exhaust over stock one?
                        Free flow exhaust reduces the pressure created against engine.... Reduces top speed a bit...But increases acceleration... 1.5 inch is better than 2.5 inch as it creates more sound but loses top end speed

                        Comment


                        • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                          Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                          I had back problem with stock shocks... Got changed to gas shocks...
                          Yes it does not bottom out in pot holes...But it absorbs the small uneven roads plus reduces the impact from bottom thuds
                          Tyre is that TVS RAMBO 140/90-15... I posted link earlier
                          You can also try NEW AVENGER REAR Shocks as it says it reduces bottoming out... But am really comfortable with the gas... Takes most vibes plus 2 inch cushion I also has added in seat

                          Comment


                          • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                            Originally posted by bencherian View Post
                            You can also try NEW AVENGER REAR Shocks as it says it reduces bottoming out... But am really comfortable with the gas... Takes most vibes plus 2 inch cushion I also has added in seat

                            hi
                            My shock bottoms out only while riding with pillion. New avenger shocks are stiff and also gives slight problem on bad roads. So i corrected tyre pressure to 21 front nd 25 rear.
                            I also added 2 inch cushion on seats which gives excellent comfort and potholes are easily neutralized now. I tried this method before changing to gas shocks, but now I dont need to change shocks. Shocks still bottoms out on load so will change spring load settings and check.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	2017_01_16_IMG_2782 (Large).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1947333
                            -kalpesh
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Golden Cat; 01-19-2017, 11:41 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                              OK then no probs

                              Comment


                              • Re: Bajaj Avenger - All versions

                                Originally posted by Golden Cat View Post
                                hi
                                My shock bottoms out only while riding with pillion. New avenger shocks are stiff and also gives slight problem on bad roads. So i corrected tyre pressure to 21 front nd 25 rear.
                                I also added 2 inch cushion on seats which gives excellent comfort and potholes are easily neutralized now. I tried this method before changing to gas shocks, but now I dont need to change shocks. Shocks still bottoms out on load so will change spring load settings and check.
                                [ATTACH]225135[/ATTACH]
                                -kalpesh
                                Hey.....yours is new avenger right....it's shock is what I was saying is good compared to old stock one

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X