Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Check engine oil level before every ride.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by velociraptor13 View Post
    Can you please post some pics of your bike with the fx dome,if its not of much trouble.
    It aint a prblm.. will do it as soon as I have time
    sigpicAll India Permit 1+1

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by chief ashman View Post
      Folks!
      I wonder who (TVS or SUZUKI) is responsible for the Fiero spare parts now?!?. Now that Suzuki is back in India, I'm sure they could handle the task but is it up to TVS to supply the spares?
      The Fiero is a product developed mostly at TVS with inputs and technical data from Suzuki. The engine was developed in early 1998 and tested for almost one whole year before its final official launch in nov 1999.
      TVS Motor Co still manufactures the parts and its available in plenty.
      The RTR is nothing but an upgraded Fiero. Most of the parts between the apache 150 and Fiero are common, including the piston, valves, cylinder, carb, etc etc..The RTR also shares a lot, minus the piston, valves etc.
      Suzuki is now an independant wing and have no connection with TVS anymore and so is with the Fiero.
      sigpic
      [email protected]

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by chief ashman View Post
        Fiero Engine states that 1100 ml of engine oil should be put... however the mechanics just put the 1000 ml that comes standard. That works I guess... but... can anybody point out if it is really better to strictly follow the factory requirements? and why?
        1100ml.can only be filled when the engine is dismantled. Rest all fills will be 1000ml.only.
        Quench my thirst with gasoline!

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Joel View Post
          The Fiero is a product developed mostly at TVS with inputs and technical data from Suzuki. The engine was developed in early 1998 and tested for almost one whole year before its final official launch in nov 1999.
          TVS Motor Co still manufactures the parts and its available in plenty.
          The RTR is nothing but an upgraded Fiero. Most of the parts between the apache 150 and Fiero are common, including the piston, valves, cylinder, carb, etc etc..The RTR also shares a lot, minus the piston, valves etc.
          Suzuki is now an independant wing and have no connection with TVS anymore and so is with the Fiero.
          Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
          1100ml.can only be filled when the engine is dismantled. Rest all fills will be 1000ml.only.
          Thanks for your responses guys...
          I guess we can have spares available for a longer time than we imagined.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
            1100ml.can only be filled when the engine is dismantled. Rest all fills will be 1000ml.only.
            but its stamped 1100ml on the r.h.s crank case
            @joel-thanks man
            Socha Toh Locha.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by velociraptor13 View Post
              but its stamped 1100ml on the r.h.s crank case
              @joel-thanks man
              Yes that is the total capacity.

              Originally posted by chief ashman View Post
              Thanks for your responses guys...
              I guess we can have spares available for a longer time than we imagined.
              Yes, the company needs to supply spares for a period of 15 years atleast, even if the vehicle manufacturing is discontinued.
              Quench my thirst with gasoline!

              Comment


              • #67
                Need to change rear shocks

                Hi all,

                My fiero f2 rear shocks have become stiff nowadays. Need to go for a replacement. Can you guys suggest me any good rear shocks and also should i go for regular shocks or gas shocks and which brand.

                Thanks,
                Ramki

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by ramki067 View Post
                  Hi all,

                  My fiero f2 rear shocks have become stiff nowadays. Need to go for a replacement. Can you guys suggest me any good rear shocks and also should i go for regular shocks or gas shocks and which brand.

                  Thanks,
                  Ramki
                  Are you sure they have become stiff or is it the swing arm bushes which are the culprit? Since the rear shockers have a very very long life&hardly ever require replacement, unless abused very badly.
                  Why don't you take it to a dedicated shocker repair mechanic first-if it is the problem with the shocker&if it is minor you will be rid of tension for a very small amount. I did the same with my front shocks recently&am very happy.
                  If really spoilt completely, he will recommend replacement.

                  On the other hand, is your engine oil leaking/gasket problem fixed?
                  I suggest you go with the same ones if in case you are replacing.
                  Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Suggestions for Oil Leaks

                    Guys!!!
                    please suggest me solutions to the oil leaks ... my engine is smeared in engine oil and looks old with greese and dust that settle on it. Need a Oil Seal replacement? what's the cost and will I need to open the bike's virgin engine?

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by chief ashman View Post
                      Guys!!!
                      please suggest me solutions to the oil leaks ... my engine is smeared in engine oil and looks old with greese and dust that settle on it. Need a Oil Seal replacement? what's the cost and will I need to open the bike's virgin engine?
                      You might need to change the gasket/oil seal. tintin708 has got his changed, you can ask him how much it costs.
                      Refer to his post here: http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/motorcyc...tml#post305536
                      Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                        On the other hand, is your engine oil leaking/gasket problem fixed?
                        I suggest you go with the same ones if in case you are replacing.
                        Originally posted by chief ashman View Post
                        Guys!!!
                        please suggest me solutions to the oil leaks ... my engine is smeared in engine oil and looks old with greese and dust that settle on it. Need a Oil Seal replacement? what's the cost and will I need to open the bike's virgin engine?
                        Thanks sarvajit for your suggestion. Regarding rear shocks i've no idea whether its just the bushes or rear shocks itself is the problem. Will first clarify with a mechanic and then decide.

                        Engine oil leakage problem still exists and i'm now acclimatizing to this problem. No garages helped me to solve this issue even the great Zen Motors also

                        Thanks,
                        Ramki

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by ramki067 View Post
                          Thanks sarvajit for your suggestion. Regarding rear shocks i've no idea whether its just the bushes or rear shocks itself is the problem. Will first clarify with a mechanic and then decide.

                          Engine oil leakage problem still exists and i'm now acclimatizing to this problem. No garages helped me to solve this issue even the great Zen Motors also

                          Thanks,
                          Ramki
                          Have you got the gasket/oil seal replaced? Are you using some engine oil which is not suitable to your bike?
                          How many kms.has your bike done?
                          How is the engine condition?
                          Mine has done about 50K kms.&hardly a small sign of sweating, no leakage whatsoever.
                          Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by chief ashman View Post
                            Guys!!!
                            please suggest me solutions to the oil leaks ... my engine is smeared in engine oil and looks old with greese and dust that settle on it. Need a Oil Seal replacement? what's the cost and will I need to open the bike's virgin engine?
                            Where exactly is the oil smeared, on the fins of the cylinder head? Is the round oil seal at the top of the cooling fins leaking?
                            **MaSh**

                            **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by MaSh View Post
                              Where exactly is the oil smeared, on the fins of the cylinder head? Is the round oil seal at the top of the cooling fins leaking?

                              You are right! the engine ... aroung the oil seal and the cooling fins looks dirty and blackened with oil and dust. What do you suggest I do to get rid of this problem?

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Hmmm Joel had posted something on this, on one of the Help Me threads long back. From what I remember, its not a major issue. Mechanics usually put some kind of a sealant to stop the leak. However, this sealant gives way when the temperatures go high. On my bike, i used to just clean it off regularly with a toothbrush.
                                **MaSh**

                                **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X