Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Accelerate quick but brake easy.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
    Have you got the gasket/oil seal replaced? Are you using some engine oil which is not suitable to your bike?
    How many kms.has your bike done?
    How is the engine condition?
    Mine has done about 50K kms.&hardly a small sign of sweating, no leakage whatsoever.
    I had given to Zen Motors and for 2 weeks there was no oil leaks and again it all started. I don't think they replaced gasket/oil seal in the service bill.
    Mine done 57.2K kms till date.
    Engine condition is good. No start up problems or engine shutoff problems.

    Thanks,
    Ramki

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by ramki067 View Post
      I had given to Zen Motors and for 2 weeks there was no oil leaks and again it all started. I don't think they replaced gasket/oil seal in the service bill.
      Mine done 57.2K kms till date.
      Engine condition is good. No start up problems or engine shutoff problems.

      Thanks,
      Ramki
      The gasket/oil seal will mostly be the culprit.

      What about your tyres? I remember you posting about it long back.
      Quench my thirst with gasoline!

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
        The gasket/oil seal will mostly be the culprit.

        What about your tyres? I remember you posting about it long back.

        OK, thanks sarvajit, will change the seal and see.

        Regarding tyres, i have posted my opinion on the tyres thread. I changed my tyres to MRF Zapper Q series and it is definitely not the right tyre for Fiero F2. It skids like hell in soil, even if there is small amount of soil on the road and when u try to bend the vehicle to turn to right/left or just apply brakes slightly it skids like hell and your heart will be in your mouth at that time.. i've experienced it myself. Better to try Michelin tyres.

        Thanks,
        Ramki

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by ramki067 View Post
          OK, thanks sarvajit, will change the seal and see.

          Regarding tyres, i have posted my opinion on the tyres thread. I changed my tyres to MRF Zapper Q series and it is definitely not the right tyre for Fiero F2. It skids like hell in soil, even if there is small amount of soil on the road and when u try to bend the vehicle to turn to right/left or just apply brakes slightly it skids like hell and your heart will be in your mouth at that time.. i've experienced it myself. Better to try Michelin tyres.

          Thanks,
          Ramki
          Here is my suggestion:
          Stick to stock TVS tyres for the front.
          For rear, try the Dunlop GeoCruiser 100/90/18" tyre. It used to come with the old CBZ Classic&now with the CBZ-Xtreme latest lots.
          It is a wonderful tyre, doing duty on my bike since 30K kms.&still no signs of wear out.
          Quench my thirst with gasoline!

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
            Here is my suggestion:
            Stick to stock TVS tyres for the front.
            For rear, try the Dunlop GeoCruiser 100/90/18" tyre. It used to come with the old CBZ Classic&now with the CBZ-Xtreme latest lots.
            It is a wonderful tyre, doing duty on my bike since 30K kms.&still no signs of wear out.

            How about the skid issue. Isn't the problem their on this tyre? and when i try to do what i explained above will it not skid?

            Thanks,
            RAmki.
            Last edited by ramki067; 10-14-2009, 06:47 PM.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by ramki067 View Post
              How about the skid issue. Isn't the problem their on this tyre? and when i try to do what i explained above will it not skid?

              Thanks,
              RAmki.
              Zappers are known to have less grip in gravel. Have a look at this tyre, it has good grip in gravel.
              In the last 30K kms./3 yrs.I've tested it out in all kinds of conditions, it holds true. Have a look, you'll know.
              Quench my thirst with gasoline!

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                It is a wonderful tyre, doing duty on my bike since 30K kms.&still no signs of wear out.
                A good tyre which actually should provide good grip levels will never last over 20k kms. The R15 tyres are the classic example in the Indian scene.
                Dunlop and Ceat make harder compounds compared to MRF.
                For the rear, use the MRF Zapper - C 3.00 x 18 for the Fiero/F2. Its tested on track and thats what we have used on our 18" rims for Group D racing. I have it on my Street bikes too, both my Karizma 260 and RTR and is good on wet as well. Zapper Q has a very bad groove design, hence does not grip. The Zapper C will last about 18-20k kms.
                The Geo Cruiser has been tested on the Track and also the Dunlop Zebra and Ceat secura Zoom series. None were worthy to run even a single race.
                A tire fit for track will be excellent for city and touring. Thats how makers all over the world test the tires. MRF does a lot of extensive testing before launching unlike Dunlop and Ceat and even TVS tyres for that matter. TVS tyres are hopeless, that TVS themselves use MRF rubber on their race bikes.
                sigpic
                [email protected]

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Joel View Post
                  my Karizma 260
                  More on this available on xBhp or yet to post ?
                  U.S on FZ6

                  Wayanad- LEH 09 - Coorg - Muthathi - Bye Bye 2008 - First G2G - 07

                  Photography

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Rockkyyy View Post
                    More on this available on xBhp or yet to post ?
                    Still at an evolving stage. Doing running-in by riding hard for now Will be available soon on xbhp. Nothing out yet on the new set-up.
                    Ok, this is OT.
                    sigpic
                    [email protected]

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Joel View Post
                      A good tyre which actually should provide good grip levels will never last over 20k kms. The R15 tyres are the classic example in the Indian scene.
                      Dunlop and Ceat make harder compounds compared to MRF.
                      For the rear, use the MRF Zapper - C 3.00 x 18 for the Fiero/F2. Its tested on track and thats what we have used on our 18" rims for Group D racing. I have it on my Street bikes too, both my Karizma 260 and RTR and is good on wet as well. Zapper Q has a very bad groove design, hence does not grip. The Zapper C will last about 18-20k kms.
                      The Geo Cruiser has been tested on the Track and also the Dunlop Zebra and Ceat secura Zoom series. None were worthy to run even a single race.
                      A tire fit for track will be excellent for city and touring. Thats how makers all over the world test the tires. MRF does a lot of extensive testing before launching unlike Dunlop and Ceat and even TVS tyres for that matter. TVS tyres are hopeless, that TVS themselves use MRF rubber on their race bikes.
                      Looks like he wants good grip in gravel, which I'm pretty sure the GeoCruiser provides more than any Zapper.
                      I agree with the performance part. He doesn't seem to be a performance biker nor is the bike so. Its just for common daily commuting.
                      Last edited by Sarvajit; 10-15-2009, 11:35 AM.
                      Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        i used zapper Q on my fiero at rear 90/90...
                        it's the best all round tyre for the fiero i think,provides good levels of grip on gravel and excellent on tarmac....
                        The Magician"

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by rennycornelius View Post
                          i used zapper Q on my fiero at rear 90/90...
                          it's the best all round tyre for the fiero i think,provides good levels of grip on gravel and excellent on tarmac....
                          Now I'm sure he will be confused...3 people with 3 different opinions.
                          Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                            Now I'm sure he will be confused...3 people with 3 different opinions.
                            ..............

                            For the tyre seeker:

                            actually 90/90 is right tyre for the fiero as 3.00 is bit narrow for a 150cc bike i believe...
                            and Q is a soft compound,so the levels of grips are pretty high too...
                            The Magician"

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by rennycornelius View Post
                              ..............

                              For the tyre seeker:

                              actually 90/90 is right tyre for the fiero as 3.00 is bit narrow for a 150cc bike i believe...
                              and Q is a soft compound,so the levels of grips are pretty high too...
                              He has a Fiero F2, which comes with 90/90/18" in stock.
                              Looks like he had a bad experience with the Zapper Q already!
                              Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                                He has a Fiero F2, which comes with 90/90/18" in stock.
                                Looks like he had a bad experience with the Zapper Q already!

                                Guys,
                                suggest me a durable tyre for the Fiero hind, not too thick and not too thin... one that gives good grip in wet tarmac, gravel and other riding conditions and also gives good mileage. Should last 30K+.

                                And one more question guys...
                                can I fit the RTR oil seal & Gasket in my Fiero? ... for the unattractive & messy oil leakage.
                                Last edited by chief ashman; 10-15-2009, 12:47 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X