Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Keep your helmet tightly strapped up.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
    Looks like he wants good grip in gravel, which I'm pretty sure the GeoCruiser provides more than any Zapper.
    if you looking at riding thru gravel, none of the Street tyres will suffice. You need to shift to moto patterns with knobby threads.
    Geo-cruiser is crap is wet and gravel and I have almost lost a friend.
    if its wet and loose soil riding condition, choose knobby tyres. If its pure wet riding, get tyres with more planing grooves (zappers) and for sticky tarmac riding use tyres with minimal grooves and more sticky compound.
    sigpic
    [email protected]

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
      Now I'm sure he will be confused...3 people with 3 different opinions.

      and

      Comment


      • #93
        hey guyz i want to replace my rear shocks ofmy F2. these r the original shocks which has done 75k kms. is it a good time to change the shocks? because it has becomevery hard. eveyone who sits on my bike(pillion) complains. it makes ur rear numb!!!

        now if i go ahead and change, which should i go for?? the original ones or the gas filled ones from the rtr apache. mechanic says both will fit into. which is better in terms of softness, smoothness etc etc.... price is not a prob.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
          hey guyz i want to replace my rear shocks ofmy F2. these r the original shocks which has done 75k kms. is it a good time to change the shocks? because it has becomevery hard. eveyone who sits on my bike(pillion) complains. it makes ur rear numb!!!

          now if i go ahead and change, which should i go for?? the original ones or the gas filled ones from the rtr apache. mechanic says both will fit into. which is better in terms of softness, smoothness etc etc.... price is not a prob.

          I had to replace mine as it hit a sharp rock when a friend of mine fell on a rocky slope. It had a hole and the shock oil leaked out. This happened just last year and that means it lasted me 7 years. I replaced them with an original set. I should have probably gone for a RTR gas type. I cannot say anything about the softness issue. But this one feels alright at the moment.
          I recently asked a mechanic if I should go for a gas chamber type and he said it really made not much of a difference in reality. I don't know if he is bluffing or not.
          Any experts on that? let us know and clear all the doubts please.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by ramki067 View Post
            and


            Hey guys!!! all is very quiet here in this forum. where is everybody?

            As for the confusion about the tyre issue,... I guess everybody has different purposes of owning a bike, with different riding styles. I think it's up to the individual to choose the tyre type. The stock tyre that came with the bike a TVS one lasted me 7 years and just had it replaced last year.

            Experts can comment on what type of tyre will give a better mileage or a better road grip etc.

            Comment


            • #96
              guyz plz solve my shocks issue first.... its very imp for me at the moment..... no one wants to sit behind me yaar!!!!!! plz.... i have to get it replaced asap... and also tellme the cost of both type of shocks. i know its 2800/- a pair for the simple ones. dont know bout the gas 1s.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                guyz plz solve my shocks issue first.... its very imp for me at the moment..... no one wants to sit behind me yaar!!!!!! plz.... i have to get it replaced asap... and also tellme the cost of both type of shocks. i know its 2800/- a pair for the simple ones. dont know bout the gas 1s.


                I suggest you to just for for the RTR 150 gas chamber shocks... since they are a perfect fit. Don't know the cost. You can probably tell us after finding out. They should not be too expensive. I'm sure your Fiero will look great in them... Something new for the old bike. What d'ya say?

                Comment


                • #98
                  Ya ya its not the classic Fiero,its the first lot F2 just 6 yrs old. its not dat old.. ya i will check out a suitable replacement.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                    guyz plz solve my shocks issue first.... its very imp for me at the moment..... no one wants to sit behind me yaar!!!!!! plz.... i have to get it replaced asap... and also tellme the cost of both type of shocks. i know its 2800/- a pair for the simple ones. dont know bout the gas 1s.
                    why not try the SNS suspension from new Bajaj bikes (<=135 cc class)
                    they are not gas shcoks but they do provide good response.

                    i dont think any jugaad to be done for suspension interchangability ()
                    YAMAHA
                    HONDA
                    IDEAL JAWA

                    Comment


                    • No yaar. if i put sns suspension it will look a bit odd, multicoloured.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tintin708 View Post
                        No yaar. if i put sns suspension it will look a bit odd, multicoloured.
                        SNS comes in siver, black, red i beleive!

                        ya true, its multi-colored but it will solve the purpose though!

                        good VFM suspension
                        YAMAHA
                        HONDA
                        IDEAL JAWA

                        Comment


                        • ya. but not good VFM as my current rear suspension!!! its taken up the roads (good, bad and worst)with gr8 applomb!!! worth 75000kms!!!

                          And PERSONALLY i wouldnt like to add parts of companies other than TVS.
                          as they say "USE GENUINE PARTS ONLY"...............

                          Comment


                          • Swing arm rubber

                            Can someone please throw in some light as to where is the "swing arm rubber or bush" is located. I have a classic Fiero & I doubt it has worn out else the culprit is the shocks because recently I have been experiencing a back pain.

                            Also one more query regarding the battery. I have installed a 12v 5Amp battery which is just 6 months old.Of lately I am experiencing a wierd problem with the electricals.Whenever the bike is running the horns,signal indiactors everything runs fine.When I brake or the bike is idle, I press the horn it does blow. Also in the night when I blow the horn the headlight flickers.I have checked the wiring for earthig which is fine & also changed the regulator to a new one, So what could be the problem????

                            Vishal
                            Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by imjoshee View Post
                              Can someone please throw in some light as to where is the "swing arm rubber or bush" is located. I have a classic Fiero & I doubt it has worn out else the culprit is the shocks because recently I have been experiencing a back pain.

                              Also one more query regarding the battery. I have installed a 12v 5Amp battery which is just 6 months old.Of lately I am experiencing a wierd problem with the electricals.Whenever the bike is running the horns,signal indiactors everything runs fine.When I brake or the bike is idle, I press the horn it does blow. Also in the night when I blow the horn the headlight flickers.I have checked the wiring for earthig which is fine & also changed the regulator to a new one, So what could be the problem????

                              Vishal
                              I have wanted to know about the "swing arm rubber" myself... Anyone to help? Not to sure about the battery issue.

                              Comment


                              • Can I put Apache 150's piston & cylinder on my Fiero classic without any mods.

                                It will be like piston & cylinder of Apache 150 & the head & all other stuff will be of my Fiero.

                                Also I am planning to install disc brake at the front.I think the Fiero FX kit is the best to install right guys?? So how do i go about it?? Do i have to change the complete front fork assembly or only the lower parts of the shocks.Because the other steel rod of FX is quite long in length compared to Fiero.

                                Kindly suggest
                                Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X