Since '02 xBhp is different things to different people. From a close knit national community of bikers to India's only motorcycling lifestyle magazine and a place to make like-minded biker friends. Join us

Castrol Power 1

Be smooth with your gear shifts.

Our Partners

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiero/FieroF2/FieroFx

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Joel View Post
    ^For the record, I did the works and the disc transplant on Mash's bike and what we did was a little tideous job that needs a lot of precision and you need to use the right bits to solve the puzzle. Else you'll end up with a warped lower tube and and messed up system.

    Yes, you can use the A150 disc plate on the Fiero, its all the same mounting and has better life.
    Ha ha ha... you are the Magician man. There is no record to be settled.
    **MaSh**

    **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MaSh View Post
      Hmmm talks of Discs for the Fiero? I got a RTR setup on my Suzuki fiero. The fork legs are the original Fiero's with some work done on the right leg to hold the RTR Disc assembly. No issues with tyre slipping or skidding and the braking is awesome. Mind you, I do need a front tyre change for other reasons. Its 8 years old and run over 50k kms.
      Mash,
      Can you please send in a picture of the setup & the complete bike.

      I am getting very eager to install front discs for better braking.

      Vishal
      Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by imjoshee View Post
        Mash,
        Can you please send in a picture of the setup & the complete bike.

        I am getting very eager to install front discs for better braking.

        Vishal
        Dude, Joel is the guy who knows the details. He did my setup. PM him and he should be able guide you in the right direction. Seeing the pic, it wont look any different from any other RTR disc assembly you see on the road. A lot of work which you will not see in the pic, has been done to get it working perfectly. All the Best.
        **MaSh**

        **Work to Ride and Ride to Work**

        Comment


        • Engine drinking oil

          Engine has done 90200km of running & I had changed my block,piston & valves at 50k on the odo.Recently from the past 2-3 oil changes,i notice that engine oil when drained is only 500-600ml.

          The bike does not smoke & runs fine.Gives me a mileage of 45-47kmpl. The other issue that the spark plug is all black at the tip & its wet when its taken out.I use Shell Advance 20w40 oil & pour in 1100ml of oil after 1500-2000km of run & change of oil filter alternatively. I am currently using NGK CR9eIX Iridium plug.

          Can some one please help me out of this problem of the engine drinking oil??


          Vishal
          Last edited by imjoshee; 11-18-2009, 01:17 PM.
          Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

          Comment


          • Are bhai koi meri madat karo. Please somebody help me out here.


            Vishal
            Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by imjoshee View Post
              Engine has done 90200km of running & I had changed my block,piston & valves at 50k on the odo.Recently from the past 2-3 oil changes,i notice that engine oil when drained is only 500-600ml.
              The bike does not smoke & runs fine.
              I think 50k was a bit too early for block piston to be changed. Anyways, if you are not seeing any smoke, may be you can do a compression test or else it might be that the oil is getting vapourised.

              Originally posted by imjoshee View Post
              The other issue that the spark plug is all black at the tip & its wet when its taken out.I use Shell Advance 20w40 oil & pour in 1100ml of oil after 1500-2000km of run & change of oil filter alternatively. I am currently using NGK CR9eIX Iridium plug.
              Can you post the picture of the plug? Might be a case of oil entering the combustion chamber.
              2000 Suzuki Fiero | 2004 Bullet Electra | 2004 RX135 | 2005 CBZ | 2009 Karizma | 2009 Punto 1.4 Petrol | 2011 Yamaha YZF-R15

              Nav is back !!!
              Getting Leh'ed. Since 2007...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by nav75 View Post
                I think 50k was a bit too early for block piston to be changed. Anyways, if you are not seeing any smoke, may be you can do a compression test or else it might be that the oil is getting vapourised.
                How do I do a compression test or get 1 done & where in Mumbai can I do that?

                If the oil is vapourising,then what grade oil do I use?


                Originally posted by nav75 View Post
                Can you post the picture of the plug? Might be a case of oil entering the combustion chamber.
                Will remove the plug today evening & post the pic.

                Vishal
                Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

                Comment


                • @imjoshee: You are using the wrong spark plug for the Fiero. It should be CR7E conventional, or CR7EIX Iridium, look here: NGK Partfinder for Two Wheelers
                  Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sarvajit View Post
                    @imjoshee: You are using the wrong spark plug for the Fiero. It should be CR7E conventional, or CR7EIX Iridium, look here: NGK Partfinder for Two Wheelers
                    Yes sire,it has to be CR7E or CR7EIX,but the one I am currently using stays more cooler than CR7E that is what was told to me by the dealer.Anyways I am planning to change back to stock.Thanks for the advise,but any advise on my other problems


                    Vishal
                    Id rather be on my motorcycle and think about God than be in temple and think about my motorcycle!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by imjoshee View Post
                      How do I do a compression test or get 1 done & where in Mumbai can I do that?
                      Compression test can be done using a compression tester. Should be available at service station.
                      2000 Suzuki Fiero | 2004 Bullet Electra | 2004 RX135 | 2005 CBZ | 2009 Karizma | 2009 Punto 1.4 Petrol | 2011 Yamaha YZF-R15

                      Nav is back !!!
                      Getting Leh'ed. Since 2007...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by imjoshee View Post
                        Yes sire,it has to be CR7E or CR7EIX,but the one I am currently using stays more cooler than CR7E that is what was told to me by the dealer.Anyways I am planning to change back to stock.Thanks for the advise,but any advise on my other problems


                        Vishal
                        Ok then. About your engine oil drinking problem, its a bit puzzling, since you have already changed your block,piston & valves at 50K on the odo.
                        What about the piston rings? That is a common cause of drinking oil, but smoke should be there. Its a bit weird!
                        Quench my thirst with gasoline!

                        Comment


                        • Guys, what is the block? (or piston block) Does it need to be changed while changing the Ring Piston? I may need to change the ring piston of my bike soon... and what is the cost? easily available?

                          be patient with my queries as I am not too fluent with bike parts and stuff although I have been riding for years now. I let the mechanics decide and do the needful.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chief ashman View Post
                            Guys, what is the block? (or piston block) Does it need to be changed while changing the Ring Piston? I may need to change the ring piston of my bike soon... and what is the cost? easily available?

                            be patient with my queries as I am not too fluent with bike parts and stuff although I have been riding for years now. I let the mechanics decide and do the needful.
                            Block is "cylinder block", the part which houses the piston. I think you are asking about "piston rings", it is easliy available. Not sure about the cost for a fiero..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bala_racing View Post
                              Block is "cylinder block", the part which houses the piston. I think you are asking about "piston rings", it is easliy available. Not sure about the cost for a fiero..
                              Thanks for the reply bala,

                              so you mean the cylinder block is also susceptible to damage? .... When do you recommend a change? Minor damages I'm sure can be rectified. Well I already have the Ring and Ring Piston purchased... I am just waiting for a suitable time to change those.

                              I also plan to change the Carburetor ... is it necessary to change the carb in order to get a better mileage? I get between to 35 - 40 KM / Liter.


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by chief ashman View Post
                                Thanks for the reply bala,

                                so you mean the cylinder block is also susceptible to damage? .... When do you recommend a change? Minor damages I'm sure can be rectified. Well I already have the Ring and Ring Piston purchased... I am just waiting for a suitable time to change those.

                                I also plan to change the Carburetor ... is it necessary to change the carb in order to get a better mileage? I get between to 35 - 40 KM / Liter.

                                It is always a recommended practice to change the piston and block as a set. There is no specific time to change that, it depends on the riding condition of the vehicle.

                                You need not change the carburetor as a whole. Clean and inspect the same for any fault. Mostly, the float (copper) will get damaged on long use. If required change the float and needle valve as a set. Costs around Rs.400/-.
                                BTW, 35-40 km/litre is less, have your bike completely serviced by an experienced mechanic.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X